Business Portal - Employee Pay - W4 Window

This window does not auto-populated from existing employee data in Business
Portal HRM:SS.

The Employee Profile/Dependent/Benefits etc. windows all populate
immediately but the W-4 window requires that a Modify transaction be made by
the employee and approved by the supervisor before it will display data.

This is contrary to all other windows and confuses the employees.  It
provides a first-impression that is not good for their experience with
Business Portal.

Mike Lupro
--
Mike Lupro

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5b60a703-39a2-4b46-90c9-721838fd8e22&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
MikeLupro1 (38)

Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing
-- Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing SUMMARY: Stop jumping back and forth between index pages by using several browser windows. Why use one web browser window when you can have multiple? If you have an adequate amount of memory, open up several web browsers to maximize your surfing experience. One great way to do this is via a start page. Select a page from where you would like to begin browsing, such as a table of contents or links page. Now, instead of left-clicking on links or entries to view other pages, right-click the links. From the pop-up menu that a...

Update for Windows Vista (KB976662) has failed to install
Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but on every occasion as failed "Echo8" wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but > on every occasion as failed Echo8 wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the > above but on every occasion as failed mes wrote: > I also keep getting a not repsonding Nothing like tacking onto an existing conversation and ignoring the request for more information just like the original poster. ;-) -- Shena...

Using the windows firewall
I plan to open up one of the interfaces on my Excahnge 2003 box to the internet so that I can use OWA. I plan to use the built in firewall in Windows Server 2003. What ports do I need to leave open to allow OWA to work? HTTPS = 443 Or if no SSL, then HTTTP = 80. Is this the only firewall between your server and the internet? troy wrote: > I plan to open up one of the interfaces on my Excahnge 2003 box to the > internet so that I can use OWA. I plan to use the built in firewall in > Windows Server 2003. What ports do I need to leave open to allow OWA to > work? >...

Portal web parts
I've created a page on the Business Portal that is one of those Primary Publishing List Parts for all of the items in Inventory. If a user selects an item in that list, other web parts subscribe to that and are automatically updated. Is there a way to somehow get a view of a document library to show a certain file from that doc library when the user selects something from the list? I realize this is more of a development question, but just wondering if it is possible. We're still running Business Portal 3, but could this be possible on version 4 also? Thanks. -Jo...

Fun one! Windows explorer search
Hello everyone. I've been experiencing this issue for some time now, and frustration has finally got this cat. We have XP, SP2. Many times, more often that not, when I use the search function embedded in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), when I search for files and folders, searching by a word in the filename, my search returns empty results, even when I know there are files with that name. When I demonstrated this error to people before, I would navigate to a directory, point out a word in an existing file in said directory and tell them that is the word I will use in t...

Business Portal Development In BP 4.0
Good day. With Rational XDE no longer being the recommended development environment for business portal in version 4.0 I am lost as to how one would accomplish similar things using the Sharepoint SDK. Specifically, how would you make it aware of which company the user is pointed to in BP and how would you make it aware of the user roles in order to filter results. I have a third party table with employee data in the company database. When I show this data in BP I need to be able to have it pull from the correct company database based on what they are currently pointed to and I need it filt...

how to add two business cards to Outlook 2003 signature card
I have two businesses, one a dealer and the other a manufaturer's rep. Is there a way to add another business card graphic (I use a scanner to scan my business cards to put into signature)? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe t...

Running a select from the immediate window
I want to create and test my queries in the immediate window before adding them to my subs. In the immediate window i was able to create a table. DoCmd.RunSQL "create table test ([ff1] text (5));" I appended records using the same syntax DoCmd.RunSQL "..." Now i want to query out all the records. DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT * from test;" Does not work. What is the correct syntax to run a select in the immediate window? thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can't. DoCmd.RunSQL only works with action queries: Ins...

frame window title without document name
I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window title automatically being updated to reflect the document name. But I forgot. Where, How? Lisa It is the FWS_ADDTOTITLE flag. See http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0198/c0198.aspx -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Lisa Pearlson" <no@spam.plz> wrote in message news:%234wzAh80DHA.4032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window > title automatically being updated to reflect the doc...

Reduced window with OE6?
I'm using OE 6 for ng reading. I've selected the Basic View layout, so I'm not using a preview pane. When I open a message, in a newsgroup, it always opens to a reduced window. I would like it to open to a maximized window, but I don't recognize the option in my toolbar selections. Any help? And Merry Christmas! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5....

a frame window with its title bar on the top of its menu bar (overlapped) ...
Hi, This is related to a previous post of mine, for which I got a lot of help from people but the problem was still not resolved. I am reducing the problem to the following piece of code with only one class (CFrameWnd) involved. Please bear with me to look into the problem one more time. HINSTANCE h = AfxGetResourceHandle(); AfxSetResourceHandle(::GetModuleHandle(_T("current.dll"))); CFrameWnd *pFrm = (CFrameWnd*)RUNTIME_CLASS(CFrameWnd)->CreateObject(); pFrm->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE); pFrm->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); AfxSetResourceHand...

business section of money y2k
Hi guys Think I was on here last year trying to figure part of this out; got most figured out except for one small part. I need to separate sales that are taxable from the tax exempt ones. On the invoice it can be marked taxable or not but I need the sales completely separated. IOW the vast majority of my sales are tax exempt as they are out of state sales. I must be able to get totals of the taxable & non taxable sales for the sales tax report & payment. I tried to set up sub categories in sales but haven't found how to send the invoice to a subcategory instead of direct...

MS Money 2000 Business Edition
I am looking for a way to use the customer addresses in Ms Money 2000 Buisness to do a mail out using MS Word. Any idea's? ...

Rules window doesn't display
When I go to Tools: Rules the rules wizard flashes and goes away. I cannot get it to display at all. This happens on 2 pc's and my laptop. Anyone have an idea of what is going on and how I can fix this? ...

Toggling between multiple notebook windows
I have been a user of QuattroPro for ten years, and I am just now trying to convert everything over to Excel. In QPW, when I have multiple notebooks (files) open at the same time, each notebook's name is shown as a button at the bottom of the screen in the status bar. (The files are also listed under the Window drop down menu at the top.) This makes it really easy to toggle from one file to the next by clicking on the button with the mouse. Can this be done in Excel also?? The only thing I have found so far is the Window drop down menu, and the file names in the taskbar, but bot...

Small Business Accounting and Microsoft POS
We have recently converted from Quick Books to Small Business Accounting. A post in the SBA general group referenced Microsoft POS. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.sba.general&lang=en&cr=US After looking at the POS site it does not mention SBA. Description of the product/solution for our Small Business to convert from just "cash registers" sounds appealing. From the site: Microsoft Point of Sale works with the Microsoft Office System and QuickBooks Accounting Software to streamline store operations. Sounds great, but we j...

OL 2007 Adding Windows Live Mail news only
Anyway to get a call in Outlook for Windows Live Mail in news only mode for Windows 7? When I customize a toolbar button to add a link for WLM as "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /news it reverts the forward slash to a back slash and errors out saying the link is bad. Thx Create a shortcut in Windows and then drag and drop that into the Shortcuts Navigation. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ R...

Windows XP sp 2 Firewall blocking UDP transport?
Hello, I've been fighting an uphill battle with new mail notifications not being pushed to my clients. to this point, i'm going to suspect that the windows XP service pack 2 firewall (on my default) on my network is causing the problem. It only seems to effect people randomly... usually an exchange reboot will get it moving a little faster. i tried all registry hacks for outlook RPC updfixes and forced polling... nothing seems to work... Does anyone know which UPD ports i should allow for my xp firewall? it seems that all i can find on exchange ports are TCP. I would...

Calculate FA depreciation for a seasonnal business
Our new potential customer is operating on a seasonal base. They manufacture their product in the month of june, july, august and september but they can sell it on an annual basis. For the machines they use to do their production, they would like to take the full year's depreciation but they would like to apply the full year's depreciation only from the month of june to september, on a linear basis (4 years). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

Restrict Free/Busy View
I have a couple of executives at my company that don't want people knowing their availability. They want the ability of others to see their "free/busy" information blocked. I can't seem to find any documentation or instructions on how to do this. Does anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any assistance on this. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:39:38 -1000, Tech LA <dusty@scservicesla.com> wrote: > I have a couple of executives at my company that don't want people > knowing > their availability. They want the ability of others to see...

Old files appear in Reminder window
On 6 October I installed Outlook 2007 over an existing installation of an earlier version, which was using PST files created in Outlook 2003. All the messages dated before 6 October appear in a Reminder window which cannot be shut down. This is very annoying; what can be done to turn off the Reminder window? "Thomas Bartlett" <tcbartlett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:48f20d8d$0$31803$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > On 6 October I installed Outlook 2007 over an existing installation of an > earlier version, which was using PST files created in Outlook ...

Window's Media Player in Win 7 Ultimate
When I double click on my album in the libary win and it moves to the playing win, 2 album's ahow up. One in the lower right cornner has a small blue win & in white leters is WMA, the other one shows W4A. This has never happend befor. What is the meaning of this and how can I fix it? On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:05:01 -0700, blast7566 <blast7566@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I double click on my album in the libary win and it moves to the playing >win, 2 album's ahow up. One in the lower right cornner has a small blue win >& in white leter...

Z-order and child windows
Questions: 1) Is there a way to get the top level window in an application, that is NOT system wide? ( GetForegroundWindow() is system wide. I want something similar that is limited to my application only. ) 2) Does EnumChildWindows include windows owned, such as modal windows or message boxes? ( Or must I enumerate all windows, and see if it belongs to my application by verifying the parent window of those windows is us?) >1) Is there a way to get the top level window in an application, that is NOT >system wide? >( GetForegroundWindow() is system wide. I want something similar...

new computer with windows 7 but cant not use live mail
Hay, We hebben een nieuwe computer met windows 7, we hebben via :Het Net" een email adres, maar we krijgen geen contact met "het net" als we op livemail gaan. Kunt u vertellen hoe dat dan moet? We willen wel graag ons oude emailadres houden. ALvast bedankt. Groetjes Fennie "F.gijsen-wessels@hetnet.nl" <Fgijsenwesselshetnetnl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA17C5D0-0AB3-40E6-8F9F-0B6B2A68CE9C@microsoft.com... > Hay, > We hebben een nieuwe computer met windows 7, we hebben via :Het Net" een > email adres, maar we...

Sort documents by date in Apply Sales Documents window
Is it possible to add VB code to the Apply Sales Documents window to sort the documents by Document Date instead of Document Number? If so, does anyone have that code? ...