Business Portal - Document Libraries

Is there any way to put security by groups/users for specific
documents/folders in document libraries?
0
Allison (64)

Hi Allison,

Windows SharePoint Services version 2.0 doesn't have the functionality to
specify item or folder level security in a document library. You can specify
security only for the entire document library.

--
Donna Marshall
Technical Writer

"Allison" wrote:

> Is there any way to put security by groups/users for specific
> documents/folders in document libraries?
0
dmarshal (12)

Emailing Publisher documents with multiple pages....
I'm using Publisher 2003 for our department newsletter. Most of our agents do not have Publisher so I need to either email the newsletter as the body of the email or as an attachment they can open. I have figured out how to both put it in the body and save as another type of file however, the newsletter is 3 pages long and when I use either of these options, it only does the page selected not all three. Can you help me? Thank you so much! Use .pdf files. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

I should be able to view *.frd reports in business portal.
I can only post frx reports in business portal if they are generated as *.htm files but this takes away the option of using drill-down viewer. Is there a way to view them in *.frd format instead? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.co...

Combining multiple documents in Word 2007 (track changes) 03-04-10
I have used tracked changes before and can compare two documents (original and 2nd document). Can anyone tell me how to compare multiple documents? I can only get the original and one document but not multiple documents. Thanks! Do you mean when the docs open 3 files side-by-side to compare? I didn't see where you can do that, try creating a folder with the author name, since it searches by author. "Beach Lover" wrote: > I have used tracked changes before and can compare two documents (original > and 2nd document). Can anyone tell me how to compare ...

How do I un-encrypt a document
I am using windows vista and want to make a word document not encrypted. Is it stuck like that forever? I know the password, but I don't want the document protected anymore On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:54:01 -0800, brote12 <brote12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using windows vista and want to make a word document not encrypted. Is >it stuck like that forever? I know the password, but I don't want the >document protected anymore Open the document, using the password. Go back to the same dialog where you set the password, and empty out the password...

Tracking Business Start Up Costs 2004 SBE
According to the IRS, expenses incurred to start a business up until the point of actually opening are not considered regular expenses, but capital costs that must be amortized over 60 months. There seems to be no account type in money 2004 Small Biz. to cleanly track start up costs. So I created a simple asset account which crudely serves this purpose, but I would think Money would have a more elegant way to handle this since this version is more geared for business. Thanks ...

Document not saved #9
Hi I am using Excel 97 and Windows 2003 server. I am using macros in Excel. When I am trying to save I always get “Document not saved”. But it is saved as file, name like “2g54ggi”. Does anyone know can be the problem Bv Geir When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will rename the funny named file to the original's name. Common things that get blamed for int...

Business Name
I didn't enter business name on setup in money 2007 - how do I enter it later? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Joe wrote: >I didn't enter business name on setup in money 2007 - how do I enter it >later? Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation ...

<?mso-application progid="Word.Document"?>
I did everything as Kevin Yu explained here: http://tinyurl.com/9tw6c but it doesn't work. :( I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 and latest IE. I don't have Office 2003 installed. What should I do? Also, from the above link: it is not clear how file name will be passed to my COM object? As constructor parameter? ...

2 Portal Enhancements
1. If the user is not yet set up (or was set up incorrectly) in Business Portal - provide a better error message than "An unexpected error has occurred" when they try to navigate to the site. This does happen and causes confusion. I have seen it twice at 2 different customers - once when a new employee came on board and the administrator forgot to add them to the Portal site and another time when the wrong logon was used to set up the user in Portal. 2. Please improve the way that you can create, copy, share queries. The current method is very cumbersome - 2 Microsoft support...

Microsoft have product compete with Quicken Home and Business?
Does Microsoft have a product to compete with Quicken Home and Business? If yes.... is it better than Home and Business? Yes - MS Money Premium Small Business 2004. I just switched from Quicken 2003 Home & Business to MS Money. I give Money the edge in useability. Creating invoice templates is not as good - nor as easy - as Quicken and this needs to be a focal point for the Money team for the next version. There are some other quirks, but I still like MSMo better than Q. >-----Original Message----- >Does Microsoft have a product to compete with Quicken Home and >Bus...

Document does not exist
One of our bookkeepers PC froze while was was working in GP. Now when she tries to apply a credit memo she gets the following error message: "This document does not exist for this customer or type." I haven't found anything on tech support on how to resolve this. Any ideas? Thx,, Mike Hi Mike, This is what I would try: 1) Make sure all users are out of that Company 2) Have a backup made of the Company and Dynamics Databases 3) Run Checklinks in the Sales Module specifically the Recievables Open Transaction Files See if that won't take care of the problem. Therese ...

Publisher -pop-up when I try to open a saved document: cannot ope.
Trying to open already saved documents in Publisher 2003, I get a pop-up message saying: Publisher cannot open files from a diifferent version and I can't open the document yet if I open Publisher some of those documents are listed in the recent files and I can use them. If you have Norton, disable "script blocking", in Norton options, disable "Office Plug-ins". -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan P" <Jan P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4C7EBBE-C9DE-4CF1-...

attaching word document
I am taking online college courses and sometimes have to attach a word document to the assignment. When I try this after I have saved the document in word, my documents file does not show up under my files. I am new to using this so very confused and my proffessor is getting cranky with me. Can you please help? -- Karon You need to make note of where you are storing your files. You say you are saving them but where are you saving them? Are these files that are emailed to you for your to edit by chance? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "M...

documents issued in one version need to be updated in another
Can we open a document issued in version 2003 if we have 2007 installed? The document would be emailed to me by another office and I need to be able to open it and work in it. YES John G. "Becky Freedman" <Becky Freedman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A839A4C9-41EA-4FBF-94AF-6974E061D771@microsoft.com... > Can we open a document issued in version 2003 if we have 2007 installed? > The > document would be emailed to me by another office and I need to be able to > open it and work in it. ...

.dotx documents
I have ten .dotx documents that has a column of addresses in each table that are each sorted alphabetically, is there a way to join all ten .dotx documents and have all ten address columns sorted all together alphabetically? -- f mede You choices include: 1. Copy & paste. 2. Open the first, go to the end, use Insert File, insert the second, lather-rinse-repeat. 3. Create a new document, insert ten {IncludeText} field codes with the names of the 10 files. Use double slashes instead of slashes for specifying the location, e.g., { INCLUDETEXT "C:\\Users\\Herb\\Do...

Automatically Accepting Meetings as "Busy"
Is there anyway to force all incoming meeting requests to a user to be automatically added to their calendar and booked as busy? I have the following settings: Email Options->Tracking Options->Process requests and responses on arrival Calendar Options->Resouce Scheduling->Automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations If I am out of the office for an extended period of time, what is the behavior of these settings on people who invite me to meetings? It appears that after some period of time, these meetings get added to my calendar as "Tentative"....

Unwanted gap appears in document
I am editing a document for someone else. She wrote her paper on a MAC in Word 2003. I am using Word 2007 on a PC, but we both see this problem. On the very last line, it looks like this with a large gap: "of previous school practices that has a particular hold in current" The gap is only one space in the code. The gap acts like a margin or a column in that you can type in a new word before the gap and it will shift. Here is an example: "new words typed here of previous school practices that has a particular" This pheno...

Math Library Recomendations?
Can anyone recommend a Class library (or wrappers) for doing neat things like nonlinear regressions, least square fit, FFTs, etc. I'll even pay for it!!! :>) Ron H. x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 100,000 other groups x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:20:27 -0500, Ron H wrote: > Can anyone recommend a Class library (or wrappers) for doing neat things > like nonlinear regressions, least square fit, FFTs, etc. I'll even pay for > it!!! ...

Excel Documents Don't Appear in My Recent Documents
I use Office XP. Word, Publisher, and Power Point documents all appear in 'My Recent Documents' on the Start menu ... but Excel documents never do. The default setting for saving my Excel documents is Documents and Settings/My User Name/My Documents. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how I can correct it? Thank you. Go to <>tools<>options<>general and have a look at setting for "recently used files list" -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Addi" <Addi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7F175A8-4E58-4367-B78B-FBD45...

#template on business cards from publis...
i have wasted many a sheets tryn to alighn the cards to come out right but they r all screwed up what number template do they use SuBoo <SuBoo@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > i have wasted many a sheets tryn to alighn the cards to come out > right but they r all screwed up what number template do they use Yes, with my uber-powerful telescope and mirror satellite I can just see through your window now to see what type of business cardstock you are using... Actually, no I can't. And my crystal ball's acting up, so you're actually goi...

Word 2007 document view stretched with new wide screen monitor
I have a new Dell computer with a 21.5" W Full HD monitor. It stretches the view. How can I get my docs to be in normal view or in scale. This is also happening with other software (photoshop, etc.) which I have had to purchase the latest versions to be able to correct. Any ideas? Someone offered a macro to correct it, but that is all new to me. Not certain how to even start. Suggested macro below: Sub Makro1() With ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom .PageFit = wdPageFitFullPage .Percentage = 25 .PageFit = wdPageFitNone End With End Sub ...

Maintenance of document links
How do I maintain office links when moving documents between folders Hi Suzanne, You'll need to change the way the links work, so that they'll apply 'relative' Paths, instead of the usual 'absolute' paths. To see how to do this, check out the solution I've posted at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Suzanne" <Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDB54594-7443-49F6-A500-939BE4B100F3@microsoft.com... > How do I maintain office links when m...

Changing Margins Within a Document

Money 2003 for Business vs. Quicken home and Business?
Trying to find out from someone who has used both, if the Money for business software offers better features than Quicken Home & Business? Hello, I'm still in the process of converting from Money D&B to Quicken H&B, so I'm still using both programs until I get everything I want into Quicken. The whole reason I am switching back to Quicken is because of the business features. It took MS 5 years to finally add item discounts to invoices, something Quicken had back in 2000. However they still do not support surcharges, invoice line notes, credit memos, accounts payable,...

Outlook Contacts vs. BCM Business Contacts
I'm just getting underway with BCM and have a few fundamental questions: 1. BCM Business Contacts appear to be distinct from Outlook 2003 Contacts: it took an hour to Export/Import my Outlook data. As the saying goes, "The man with two watches doesn't know what time it is." Which should I use to update contact info?? Help info hints that Business Contacts should be used for business, and Outlook Contacts reserved for "personal information." This suggests I should update contact info ONLY in BCM and let the Outlook Contacts database lapse. This doesn&...