Business Portal Development - Changing Labels

All:

I know how to use Rational XDE, VS and the BP SDK to create new entities in
BP, but how does one go about chaning labels?

For example, if I wanted to change two labels on a requisition mgt screen:
Can I just crack open the ASPX page and change the caption property?

Thanks,

Dwight

Hi,
 To edit the lables you can use front page server extensions 2003.

"Dwight Specht" wrote:

> All:
>
> I know how to use Rational XDE, VS and the BP SDK to create new entities in
> BP, but how does one go about chaning labels?
>
> For example, if I wanted to change two labels on a requisition mgt screen:
> Can I just crack open the ASPX page and change the caption property?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dwight

Change font/colours for text in field
tHi, Is it possible to format the text displayed in a field with another font or colour? /Lotten Yes, there are several ways, however, they aren't officially supported by Microsoft as customization points. All the CRM screens and their controls have corresponding cascading style sheets defined in the CRMWeb folder of your CRM installation. There is no central spot for these sheets, and they are distributed amongst the subfolders of this directory. This distribution is arranged by component function. You can add css attributes to color various components in these sheets. You can also...

Avery labels
I am having a problem with Avery labers specifically A4 L7163 labels. when I print on them they are not alligned properly the it is as if the margins are all out. The paper settings are correct in both application and printer and this worked on 2003 before I upgraded can anyone advise what I need to do. Thank you 1. You have added a header/footer to the normal template. 2. The page size set in the printer properties doesn't match the page size of the label sheet. 3. You have a scaling option set in the zoom section of the print dialog 4. Your printer has poor paper handli...

Changed service account passwor
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6F10D.15890D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello I've got an old exchange 5.5 server running. I am in process of moving = to Exchange 2003. However I've still got keep this running for while. I had to change the service account password. I followed MS KB 157780 = article and was able to change the password successfully and everything = worked. Ever since I've changed the Exchange service account password, I keep = getting the foll...

Multiple search change calendar view
Hi Here's my problem : I go 2 calendar My view is day/week/month with preview When I do more than one search with the little search (not advanced) box, go to another folder then go back to calendar, view is changed to "active appointements". How can i prevent this ? Thanks Fred ...

Changing Collation
GP 9.0 SQL Server 2000 Business Portal 3.0 SharePoint Services (Using seperate MSDE database). The SQL Server 2000 default instance has just our GP Companies & Dynamics database. Currently they are using collation of Latin1_General_BIN. I have a need to change this to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. I attempted to run the appropriate ALTER command on our ZTEST (Test Company) database and recieved numerious erros relating to CK_.... I am assuming this has to do with Foriegn Key Constraints that would need to be dropped prior to chaning from a Case Sensitive collation to a Non Case Se...

Changing Serial Baud Rates
I've got a remote Bluetooth device that I'm trying to connect to, but its baud rate will be unknown when the application starts. There are only 5 baud rates that I can select from, so I can try each in succession until I get a response. What needs to be done on my end to change a baud rate? On HyperTerminal, whenever I change a baud rate in the settings, I have to close HyperTerminal and reopen it in order for those settings to take. Should my code disconnect/reconnect (i.e. CloseHandle/CreateFile), or is SetCommState all I need? Thanks for your help! ~Joe SetCommState wil...

Changing apostrophe to Kanji
When I reply to an email in rich text or plain text to someone who uses an asian language it will replace the apostrophe in a word with the Kanji symbol. Short of making sure all of my replies are in the HTML format what can I do to solve this problem? Thanks in advance - Shawn ...

Updating changed data transactionally
..NET 3.5 Hi, I have a series of dynamically generated textboxes. Each textbox represents a single row in a database (element based datastructure for non-standard data). I have successfully managed to update only changed textboxes on postback by handling the TextChanged event on each one. I now have a requirement to make these changes transactional and I can't see how to do it. I now want to handle the updates of all changed data in the click event of the Submit button, but I don't know how to access the TextChanged information from another event. can anyone help? ...

change color if text is = or not, to text in other column
I am taking practice tests. ColB contains text (the correct answers). ColC contains text (my practice answers). I want the cells in ColC to turn green if my answer is correct (matches the text in ColB) and turn red if it is incorrect (does not match the text in ColB). I can't figure out how to get it to apply Conditional Formating on the columns. It wants me to apply it to only a single cell. I've also tried copying and pasting special just the formatting. It turns the cells in ColC green if they match cell B2 (not the corresponding answer that is in the same row). Please ...

How do I change Letter case (lower to Upper) in a spreadsheet???
Please Help.... I cannot figure out how to change the text from lower to upper case. I have tried working with the formula suggested by MS but I cannot get it to work. I am sure I am missing something simple, any help is appreciated. Thanks. the formula would refer to another cell not the one you are in =upper(a1) to change the cell you are in you need a macro. Maybe this will help. Sub ChangeCase() 'Don Guillett Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim r As Range nCase = UCase(InputBox("Enter U for UPPER" & Chr$(13) & " L for lower" & Chr$(13) &...

Changing default font and size in either Word, Wordpad orboth
I used to be able to change the default settings for notepad. I can't seem to find where to do this in Word or Wordpad and I'm really annoyed always having to shift out of Arial #10 every single time I open a new doc - Any help would be very appreciated! -- Some people are like slinkies - not much good for anything, but they do bring a sile to one''s face when pushed down a flight of stairs:) As far as I know, there is no way to change the defaults in WordPad. However, since WordPad is a Windows accessory, you really should be asking in a Windows newsgroup. ...

Change Password via OWA
I was reading Article ID 301428 regarding how to change your network password via Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003. Would these changes also allow the administrator password to be changed this way? I know that I could just disable HTTP access for Administrator too. Are there any other drawbacks that anyone can provide by opening up this feature? Please let me know. Thanks! It would allow any user with HTTP(S) access to change their passwords, including the Administrator. If you decide to do this, make absolutely sure that you enable SSL. Otherwise, no pitfalls or drawbacks t...

Change overlap of 2 columns on 2 axes
I am trying to plot 2 columns of data on the same X-axis but on 2 Y-axis plots. But the columns are overlapping and I can't see one set of data. I don't want them stacked and changing the gap and overlap width doesn't seem to do anything. Suggestions? Hi, You need to add 2 dummy series to act as place holders. Example data set in range A1:E4 B1: =Left C1: =DumRight D1: =DumLeft E1:=Right A2: =One B2: =1 C2: =0 D2: =0 E2: =3 A3: =Two B3: =2 C3: =0 D3: =0 E3: =2 A4: =Four B4: =3 C4: =0 D4: =0 E4: =1 ...

Shipping label
I have a supermarket, and we do delivery ourselves. I need to print out shipping labels (not from UPS or FEDEX our own label) for our delivery guy, and there is no such function in RMS. Only way is point me to the website, that doesn’t help, we don’t use UPS and all those shipping companies. Can anyone help me out, maybe there is a way to do it or is anyone can make me a add-on function. It should be possible to modify a receipt to include the customer's shipping address. Check with your RMS partner for details. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn...

Change Full name format to First Last Middle ??
Hi, need to set the name format to First Last Middle but the CRM setting do not cater for that. can anyone assist in the setting? is it possible to add that option in? Thanks in advance On Feb 14, 1:25 pm, dreamerz <dream...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > need to set the name format to First Last Middle > but the CRM setting do not cater for that. > can anyone assist in the setting? > is it possible to add that option in? > > Thanks in advance Hi, i m someone working on MS CRM from its first version. if u need any help on MS CRM, u can contact me...

Business Portal Development In BP 4.0
Good day. With Rational XDE no longer being the recommended development environment for business portal in version 4.0 I am lost as to how one would accomplish similar things using the Sharepoint SDK. Specifically, how would you make it aware of which company the user is pointed to in BP and how would you make it aware of the user roles in order to filter results. I have a third party table with employee data in the company database. When I show this data in BP I need to be able to have it pull from the correct company database based on what they are currently pointed to and I need it filt...

how to add two business cards to Outlook 2003 signature card
I have two businesses, one a dealer and the other a manufaturer's rep. Is there a way to add another business card graphic (I use a scanner to scan my business cards to put into signature)? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe t...

Labels on Bubble Charts
Does anybody have the macro to add labels in Bubble charts? Microsoft seems to have deleted the note on how to do it (located at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;KBERROR&style=error) , and I can't figure out how to get this information. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions at http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ------------------------------------------------ ...

Portal web parts
I've created a page on the Business Portal that is one of those Primary Publishing List Parts for all of the items in Inventory. If a user selects an item in that list, other web parts subscribe to that and are automatically updated. Is there a way to somehow get a view of a document library to show a certain file from that doc library when the user selects something from the list? I realize this is more of a development question, but just wondering if it is possible. We're still running Business Portal 3, but could this be possible on version 4 also? Thanks. -Jo...

Help: How to make the line changes default
I am using 2010 beta. How do I made my line changes the default for a style? I want to use a thick red line to underline passages and keep it that way always. Thanks, s Don't have the beta here right now but I think you can set the line and then right click > set line default -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "sam" wrote: > I am using 2010 beta. How do I made my line changes the default > for a style? I want to use a thick red line t...

How do I change office assistant in Excel 2002
How do I change office assistant in Excel 2002 Show the assistant, right click and select 'choose assistant' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Adele" <Adele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A13539-D428-4B9D-8A81-339ECA10BDC4@mi...

How to anchor data label show value option on Pivot Chart
I have a pivot chart and I like to show the data value above the column, however when I resort the chart with a new query, the data labels disappear and I have to go back through format data series/data labels/show value all over again. How do I get the data labels to stay and update automatically based on the new sort Leroy This is an admitted deficiency in pivot tables and charts. Next time you have to redo a chart's formatting, record a macra, then play it back every time after that. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Sol...

Change Date By Macro or Code Leaving Only One Record
Hi, I have a table called RUNDATE which has only one record in the date which my whole program looks at as the running date. I would like to run a Macro on a form or a Code upon which once I press it that single date in that table to change to the next day, lets say from 3/5/07 to 4/5/07 to delete the previous record of the 3/5/07 and to be left only with one record with the new date in this case lets say 4/5/07. Much Appreciated make a query of this single record table field - and then put that query into your form as a subform.....you can keep it not visible if you wish......

Change Tab Colors in Excel 2000
Is it possible to change the tab colors in Excel 2000? I know this function is available in 2002. Bren Hi Bren, As I recall this was a new feature with XL2002. If you right click a sheet tab and do not see a Tab Color item then the sheet tab colour cannot be changed. Bernard "Bren" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d801c3c9a4$4cd6f040$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change the tab colors in Excel 2000? I > know this function is available in 2002. > > Bren Hi Bren! Can't be done in Excel 2000. This was the major impro...

Security Setting changing on their own
Over the years, I've seen situations where security settings have changed (seemingly on their own). I know that it happens, but I don't believe in ghosts. Activity tracking in Great Plains show when I change the security back to what it should be, but it doesn't show when the access was removed. Has anyone else seen this behavior? I have seen this before and one explanation was that user level security changes were lost when rolling down a class which did not have those settings. When you roll down a class with Standard Security it overwrites the security for all users whi...