Business Portal Customer Logon

Hello all,

I just installed business portal for GP 2.5. I setup a login for a customer
on it and associated the login to a customer ID in GP. When the customer logs
in, there really isn't any customer information displayed. Does anyone have a
resource to let me know how to add customer specific content from GP? Want to
display items like payment history, contact info, etc.

Thanks,
Tareef
0
TareefA (13)

Tareef, Look for this capability in business portal 3.0.  2.5 is not a
customer/vendor facing solution, and even though the advanced roles exist, I
do not believe it will work as of now.

3.0 should have this capability.

Thanks
--
Jake Bastien
Manager of Advanced Technology Services

"Tareef A." wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just installed business portal for GP 2.5. I setup a login for a customer
> on it and associated the login to a customer ID in GP. When the customer logs
> in, there really isn't any customer information displayed. Does anyone have a
> resource to let me know how to add customer specific content from GP? Want to
> display items like payment history, contact info, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Tareef
Hello Jake,

I just installed BPortal 3.0 for GP 9, just setup a customer. I am following
the BPAdmin pdf, but it still doesn't detail how to add specific content.
Know of any resources to start off with?

Thanks,
Tareef

"Jake Bastien" wrote:

> Tareef, Look for this capability in business portal 3.0.  2.5 is not a
> customer/vendor facing solution, and even though the advanced roles exist, I
> do not believe it will work as of now.
>
> 3.0 should have this capability.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Jake Bastien
> Manager of Advanced Technology Services
> Rose Business Solutions, Inc.
> www.rosebizinc.com
> www.roseasp.com
>

> "Tareef A." wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I just installed business portal for GP 2.5. I setup a login for a customer
> > on it and associated the login to a customer ID in GP. When the customer logs
> > in, there really isn't any customer information displayed. Does anyone have a
> > resource to let me know how to add customer specific content from GP? Want to
> > display items like payment history, contact info, etc.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tareef
0
TareefA (13)
12/30/2005 4:38:03 PM
Tareef,

When a customer is added to business portal with their customer ID, they
should be able to see information only associated with their ID.

If you go into sales-customer, are you still seeing all information.  Make
sure you are logged in as that customer to the machine that is running
business portal.

Once it authenticates through windows, the advanced roles should take over.

Check some of the queries pages to verify this.

If I assign myself a customer ID, it will work if i go into data
permissions, then go under customer-all, click on the restriction policies
and modify to use 'customer self'

this should take care of the problem.

Thanks
--

"Tareef A." wrote:

> Hello Jake,
>
> I just installed BPortal 3.0 for GP 9, just setup a customer. I am following
> the BPAdmin pdf, but it still doesn't detail how to add specific content.
> Know of any resources to start off with?
>

> Thanks,
> Tareef
>

> "Jake Bastien" wrote:
>
> > Tareef, Look for this capability in business portal 3.0.  2.5 is not a
> > customer/vendor facing solution, and even though the advanced roles exist, I
> > do not believe it will work as of now.
> >
> > 3.0 should have this capability.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Jake Bastien
> > Manager of Advanced Technology Services
> > Rose Business Solutions, Inc.
> > www.rosebizinc.com
> > www.roseasp.com
> >

> > "Tareef A." wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I just installed business portal for GP 2.5. I setup a login for a customer
> > > on it and associated the login to a customer ID in GP. When the customer logs
> > > in, there really isn't any customer information displayed. Does anyone have a
> > > resource to let me know how to add customer specific content from GP? Want to
> > > display items like payment history, contact info, etc.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tareef
Ok, I am logged on as the customer, and it just brings up an empty portal
site, only has Home, My settings, and Site Settings, nothing else.

I have assigned the user their customer ID also. How do I assign the
appropriate pages and and parts? Or did I miss a step?

Not sure what I am missing, I might be a little slow right now :)

Thanks,
Tareef

"Jake Bastien" wrote:

> Tareef,
>
> When a customer is added to business portal with their customer ID, they
> should be able to see information only associated with their ID.
>
> If you go into sales-customer, are you still seeing all information.  Make
> sure you are logged in as that customer to the machine that is running
> business portal.
>
> Once it authenticates through windows, the advanced roles should take over.
>
> Check some of the queries pages to verify this.
>
> If I assign myself a customer ID, it will work if i go into data
> permissions, then go under customer-all, click on the restriction policies
> and modify to use 'customer self'
>
> this should take care of the problem.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Jake Bastien
> Manager of Advanced Technology Services
> Rose Business Solutions, Inc.
> www.rosebizinc.com
> www.roseasp.com
>

> "Tareef A." wrote:
>
> > Hello Jake,
> >
> > I just installed BPortal 3.0 for GP 9, just setup a customer. I am following
> > the BPAdmin pdf, but it still doesn't detail how to add specific content.
> > Know of any resources to start off with?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Tareef
> >

> > "Jake Bastien" wrote:
> >
> > > Tareef, Look for this capability in business portal 3.0.  2.5 is not a
> > > customer/vendor facing solution, and even though the advanced roles exist, I
> > > do not believe it will work as of now.
> > >
> > > 3.0 should have this capability.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > --
> > > Jake Bastien
> > > Manager of Advanced Technology Services
> > > Rose Business Solutions, Inc.
> > > www.rosebizinc.com
> > > www.roseasp.com

0
TareefA (13)
12/30/2005 6:00:04 PM
Tareef, Make sure to assign the user a role, like sales manager or something
like that.

Once that is setup, then you will see the sales pages as well.

From here, you would need to go into the customer data permission and change
the security restrictions to customer self.

This should resolve your issues.

Thanks
--

"Tareef A." wrote:

> Ok, I am logged on as the customer, and it just brings up an empty portal
> site, only has Home, My settings, and Site Settings, nothing else.
>
> I have assigned the user their customer ID also. How do I assign the
> appropriate pages and and parts? Or did I miss a step?
>
> Not sure what I am missing, I might be a little slow right now :)
>
> Thanks,
> Tareef
>

> "Jake Bastien" wrote:
>
> > Tareef,
> >
> > When a customer is added to business portal with their customer ID, they
> > should be able to see information only associated with their ID.
> >
> > If you go into sales-customer, are you still seeing all information.  Make
> > sure you are logged in as that customer to the machine that is running
> > business portal.
> >
> > Once it authenticates through windows, the advanced roles should take over.
> >
> > Check some of the queries pages to verify this.
> >
> > If I assign myself a customer ID, it will work if i go into data
> > permissions, then go under customer-all, click on the restriction policies
> > and modify to use 'customer self'
> >
> > this should take care of the problem.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Jake Bastien
> > Manager of Advanced Technology Services
> > Rose Business Solutions, Inc.
> > www.rosebizinc.com
> > www.roseasp.com
> >

> > "Tareef A." wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Jake,
> > >
> > > I just installed BPortal 3.0 for GP 9, just setup a customer. I am following
> > > the BPAdmin pdf, but it still doesn't detail how to add specific content.
> > > Know of any resources to start off with?
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Tareef

Tareef,

Thanks for using the newsgroup.  You can allow the customer to navigate to
certain pages without assigning another role.  As administrator, simply go to
Site Settings > Portal Elements > Manage Navigation page.  Here you could
give the customer role access to the Sales Queries page (for example).  After
doing that, the customer should see this queries page and be able to see all
default queries for the customer role.  Be careful that you don't grant your
customers more access than desired.  If you give them the Sales Manager role,
they could potentially see sensitive information.

Thanks,
Rob
--
Rob Bernhardt
Software Quality Assurance

This white paper may also be of use:

http://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/public/BP30Docs/CustomerPortalWhitePaper.pdf
--
Donna Marshall
Technical Writer

"Rob Bernhardt [MSFT]" wrote:

> Tareef,
>
> Thanks for using the newsgroup.  You can allow the customer to navigate to
> certain pages without assigning another role.  As administrator, simply go to
> Site Settings > Portal Elements > Manage Navigation page.  Here you could
> give the customer role access to the Sales Queries page (for example).  After
> doing that, the customer should see this queries page and be able to see all
> default queries for the customer role.  Be careful that you don't grant your
> customers more access than desired.  If you give them the Sales Manager role,
> they could potentially see sensitive information.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
> --
> Rob Bernhardt
> Software Quality Assurance
> Microsoft Business Solutions

> "Tareef A." wrote:
>
> > Ok, I am logged on as the customer, and it just brings up an empty portal
> > site, only has Home, My settings, and Site Settings, nothing else.
> >
> > I have assigned the user their customer ID also. How do I assign the
> > appropriate pages and and parts? Or did I miss a step?
> >
> > Not sure what I am missing, I might be a little slow right now :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tareef
> >

> > "Jake Bastien" wrote:
> >
> > > Tareef,
> > >
> > > When a customer is added to business portal with their customer ID, they
> > > should be able to see information only associated with their ID.
> > >
> > > If you go into sales-customer, are you still seeing all information.  Make
> > > sure you are logged in as that customer to the machine that is running
> > > business portal.
> > >
> > > Once it authenticates through windows, the advanced roles should take over.
> > >
> > > Check some of the queries pages to verify this.
> > >
> > > If I assign myself a customer ID, it will work if i go into data
> > > permissions, then go under customer-all, click on the restriction policies
> > > and modify to use 'customer self'
> > >
> > > this should take care of the problem.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > --
> > > Jake Bastien
> > > Manager of Advanced Technology Services
> > > Rose Business Solutions, Inc.
> > > www.rosebizinc.com
> > > www.roseasp.com

0
dmarshal (12)

Upgrade from Home/Student to Business
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to update a machine that is running office 2008 HSE to the Business edition so that entourage will work with Exchange server. <br> If there is a POP account already setup in Entourage, when I make the upgrade, will that account and all of its contents remain? I just don't want to lose that data You should uninstall Office first using the Remove Office tool, which you can find in Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Additional Tools/Remove Office. Doing so will not affect your Entourage data...

Outlook Client makes Settings & Customization menus disappear
Hi all, I've noticed that now I've installed the Outlook Client for MS CRM 3.0, my Settings & Customization menus disappear in the web client. I realise that they shouldn' t be in the Outlook Client (no problem) and figure it's due to a conflict between the two... I've tried deleting my temporary Internet files which works, but was wondering if anyone had found a better (one off) solution that doesn't need this sort of repeated intervention. There are 3 of us who have admin access rights that disappear in this way, so while it's not a huge problem for us (...

Customizing Forms Wizard
It is possible to control or customize details of the way the wizards creates objects? For instance, we have internal naming standards for controls and I would like the wizard to name each control according to our standard. I know I can use a form template for the forms created without wizards, but what about controlling the creation of the ones done via wizards too? Thanks in advance, See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/151218/EN-US/ Román Valoria wrote: >It is possible to control or customize details of the way the wizards creates >objects? > >For ...

Customers & Suppliers Trial Balance in Debits & Credits Format
Hi, Do anyone have a method to bring the Customers & Suppliers Trial balance in debits and Credits format just like how the G/L Trial balance works. Most of the clients are repeatedly asking for this requirement. The report should have Customer ID, Docnumber, Doc Date, payments, receipts, returns, credits accordingly falling into the debit/credit buckets with running balance totals. If the report can be picked up with any date range also, it'd be most beneficial. Thanks Janakiram M.P. ...

Multiple weeks old Logons in System Manager
Is there a reason why there are multiple logons in System Manager under the Mailbox Store that are weeks old? Is there a way to disconnect them other then restarting the Infomration Store? "1BigMess" <1BigMess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a reason why there are multiple logons in System Manager under the Mailbox Store that are weeks old? Is there a way to disconnect them other then restarting the Infomration Store? Not that I know of (although I wish there were). But why do you want to do that? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at htt...

Free/Busy information only displayed from 1/1/05 to 3/1/05
Since the beginning of the year, the Free/Busy window for almost ALL of my (800+) users is 'stuck' at 1/1/05 through 3/1/05. Most users publish 2 month's worth of free/busy from Outlook, so I should see one month prior to today's date and two months ahead. If a user increases the # of months published in outlook, the free/busy time is adjusted to 1/1/05 through the correct month, so I know that _some_ level of communication is happening between outlook and exchange. I run a mixed exch5.5 and exch2003 environment. Most clients are outlook 2000 or 2003. The problem oc...

Internet free/busy address for contacts in subfolder
Sorry for the cross-post, but this relates to both calendar and contacts, so I'm re-posting it in the top-level Outlook group. It seems as though when a contact is in a subfolder (i.e. not in "Contacts"), their Internet free/busy address is not loaded or even accessed during meeting scheduling. To reproduce: * Create a contact in the top Contacts folder. * Put a known and working Internet free/busy address in the appropriate field. * Verify that this contact's free/busy information appears while scheduling an event that this contact is attending * Move the contact to a sub...

Custom Dictionary
I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom dictionary in Word 2007 (UK spelling). The spell checker will neither add it to my dictionary nor ignore it. I have tried editing the dictionary directly and I can get as far as Hi-Buil but then the Add button is greyed out. Can anyone help please? Does the spell check mark this as incorrect? When I checked (with my personal dictionaries switched off) this was not marked as a spelling error.Both hi and build appear to be in the default dictionary. If you want Hi-Build to be always spelled with a non-br...

Custom Receipt #3
I want the customer receipt to have the Customers name instead of the Customers account number (when a customer is attached to the transaction). I want to remove the line that says "You Saved..." when there is a discount or coupon applied. How can I do this? Haik, In the Manager goto Database - Registers - Receipt Formats. click properties for the receipt format that you use. Next click on properties for Sales. On the left you can turn on and off different features of the sales receipt. If you turn on Customer Address it gives you the full customer name and address. There ...

Importing customer class blanks out tax schedule
Hi - I used Integration Manager to update (only) the customer class. This caused those particular customer's to have their tax schedule ID blanked out. I set all fields other than the customer class to "Use Default". I was expecting no change to fields other than the customer class. Is this wrong? Ginny IM simulates a person keying in data. When you key data into the Customer Class field, by default, it copies data from the class into other fields (like tax schedule). You may have also changed some of the account numbers associated with the customer. -- Richard L...

Unable to edit custom dictionary within Word 2008
The first time I tried to edit my custom dictionary (I had accidentally entered a misspelled word) in Word 2008, the Edit button was available, but I was unable to click in and actually edit the list of words that came up. I temporarily gave up and resumed my spellcheck to finish the document. Then I tried again to edit the custom dictionary. Now the Edit button is dimmed, and the only way I can edit the custom dictionary is through the finder (by opening the file in a text editor). No matter which document I open or how many times I relaunch Word, this problem persists. Any suggestions? On...

Customize outlook today doesn't work anymore
When I am in Outlook2000 "Outlook Today" screen, I used to be able to press "Customize outlook today" and organize tasks in due date descending order. I can no longer activate "Customize outlook today" button anymore. Can someone help me? Thanks, Bryant Harris ...

GP Analysis Cube customization
Hi, I would like to rename some of the measures in the GL cube using BI Dev Studio. - Is this supported? - Would the SSIS package continue to work? - Will the future upgrades work? Thank you. This can be done with minimal impact: Open BIDS. Connect to the server and Analysis Services database. In the solution explorer on the right-hand side of the window that appears, select the Financials cube. On the left-hand side of the window, you'll now see a list of the measure groups that exist in the Financials cube. Select the one containing the measures you wis...

Checkbox customization question
How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with multiple professions. From a list of available professions as checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable professions. Any ideas. Try Powertrak Core from www.axonom.com "Arch" <discussion11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b87a74db.0405210819.3232b5d8@posting.google.com... > How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with > multiple professions. From a list of available professions as > checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable > professions. Any...

Business Contacts
Just found this site - exciting to learn from the experts! I have a long list of business contacts sorted by Accounts. Unfortunately, I clicked the Accounts column while in the Business Contacts view, and all those accounts disappeared from the column. Now all my contacts are ungrouped (over 3,000). Each individual contact still retains its Linked Account designation, but those accounts are no longer organized via that filter. Can anyone help with bringing back that category to my Business Contacts view? I hope this explanation makes sense. Thanks so much in advance. . Sub...

Why can't I logon to receive email?
I'm migrating to a new computer using WinXP for the first time. I've been using outlook express on WinME machine, but decided to switch to outlook to make use of some of the additional features. I went through the setup procedure entering my user name and passwords (the same as on my ME machine) and then tried the test from the setup wizard. Outlook succeeded in sending the test message, but when it attempted to logon to my ISP's server it returned a message indicteing that my server had rejected my user name and password combination. There was an additional message returned...

Installing Business Portal for GP9.0
Hi, I have a SharePoint Portal server that is seperated from the GP server. I'ld like to install the Business Portal for my GP. Where is the best placement for the Business Portal to be installed (on the SharePoint server or on the Great Plains server)? Thanks in advance, DK. ...

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

New entity and relaitonships customization
Hi all: I am working on a CRM v4 system that needs to track government funding programs for doctors at health clinics. The system is set up so that Accounts map to Clinics, and Contacts map to Doctors. The essential process is: A funding object is created, is set to run for a certain number of payments, is set with a start date, periodicity of payments (i.e. weekly, monthly, etc.), and end date, and then is assigned to a doctor at a clinic. If the doctor leaves the clinic, the funding object transfers to the clinic and is suspended until the clinic hires a new doctor and then the fund...

Customer accounts #2
Help! My customers are all employees - if they leave their job, would someone please tell me how to handle the account. I don't see any way to inactivate the account or hide it so it cannot be used. Must I delete it? Please let me know! Donna Hi Donna - I would never recommend deleting an account (if you do all history goes into this black hole type area). If an employee leaves, I would immediately change the 'Customer is an employee' flag and then devise a scheme for identifying 'inactive' customers. Here is what we do: 1) Use the auto generated acct numbers ...

FRx Integration With Business portal
How can I do a dynamic integration between FRx and Business portal so I can generate the required reports direct through Business portal, taking in consideration that we are using Drill down viewer The interface in BP is for viewing HTML reports produced by FRx. I'm not aware of any way to integrate with the viewer. "saleh" wrote: > > How can I do a dynamic integration between FRx and Business portal so I can > generate the required reports direct through Business portal, taking in > consideration that we are using Drill down viewer > ...

Change Business Portal home page
Can someone point me to some clear info about changing the default home page in Business Portal 2.5. I want to remove the default links/tasks(?) in the Key Information section and replace them with some new ones. To remove the defaults I have done the following: 1) Manage Portal Pages then for Directory page in Page List, for Roles I removed Employee (did the same for Benefits page) 2) Removed the Benefits menu item (see p.110 of admin guide). This was at Manage Navigation -> Change Menu Organization, then selected Benefits and chose Remove. Did the same for Policies. 3) Under Set up ...

Domain logon name case sensitive?
Are Domain logon names case sensitive? I created a new user but used lower case on our domain, when all other entires are upper case. Mistake apparently. The new user gets 'unauthorized' when opening crm. From the same machine, I can set the IE setting for force a logon with my credentials and CRM is fine. I want to change the domain login string on the CRM user record but the text is gray and you can't edit. Any suggestions? PROCEED WITH CAUTION........... Open SQL Enterprise Manager: Navigate to your CRM databases and expand the MSCRM database. Click on 'Tables&#...

Brain Teazer Synchronising Outlook with custom app
Hi All I have written a custom db in MS Access that keeps track of all the appointments etc in the office. How would i proceed to get outlook to synch with the db ? Any ideas ? Your help will be appreciated. Regards Charl Du Toit ...