Breaking out G/L Coding for a Payment Batch

I am trying to figure out the G/L coding when I cut checks. In other words,
what the original G/L account the invoices were coded to when the A/P was
posted. When you post checks is only debits A/P and credits Cash. Anyone have
any ideas on this one?

Thank you so much in advance.

0
Mears (2)

Is it Payables only or are Purchase Invoices included, too?

If it's Payables only, it's fairly easy to create a report to pull in the
information.

If you need to include Purchase Invoices, then your job just got much more
difficult because you have to dive into the Purchase Receipts.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Todd Mears" wrote:

> I am trying to figure out the G/L coding when I cut checks. In other words,
> what the original G/L account the invoices were coded to when the A/P was
> posted. When you post checks is only debits A/P and credits Cash. Anyone have
> any ideas on this one?
>
> Thank you so much in advance.

0
callen (2505)
1/9/2009 3:22:01 AM
Todd,

Why would you want to do this? In other words, every check you generate will
only debit AP and credit cash, this is just standard accounting.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Todd Mears" wrote:

> I am trying to figure out the G/L coding when I cut checks. In other words,
> what the original G/L account the invoices were coded to when the A/P was
> posted. When you post checks is only debits A/P and credits Cash. Anyone have
> any ideas on this one?
>
> Thank you so much in advance.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/10/2009 1:46:01 AM
I have gotten this request before, unfortunately, I cannot recall the
business need that drove this.  I have also seen requests to add the GL
accounts of the original AP invoices to the check stub.  There is no out of
the box or easy way to do this, you're looking at a custom report.  And like
Charles mentioned, if you need the detail from the POP module, that would
add another level of complexity to it.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Todd,
>
> Why would you want to do this? In other words, every check you generate
> will
> only debit AP and credit cash, this is just standard accounting.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Todd Mears" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to figure out the G/L coding when I cut checks. In other
>> words,
>> what the original G/L account the invoices were coded to when the A/P was
>> posted. When you post checks is only debits A/P and credits Cash. Anyone
>> have
>> any ideas on this one?
>>
>> Thank you so much in advance.

0
victoria (3340)

How to fix the code for macro?
The following code is not working, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the code for macro? If or(weekday(Today)=1,weekday(Today)=7,Hour(Now) > 16) Then Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric If Weekday(Today) = 1 Or Weekday(Today) = 7 Or Hour(Now) > 16 Then Mike "Eric" wrote: > The following code is not working, does anyone have any suggestions on how to > fix the code for macro? > > If or(weekday(Today)=1,weekday(Today)=7,Hour(Now) > 16) Then > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric Hi Eric ...

Copy record code
When I converted the macro to code. Here is what I got: On Error GoTo copyofrecord1_Err With CodeContextObject On Error Resume Next DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord If (.MacroError = 0) Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCopy End If If (.MacroError = 0) Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew End If If (.MacroError = 0) Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord End If If (.MacroError = 0) Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPaste End If If (.MacroError <> 0) Then Beep MsgBox .MacroError.Description, vbOKOnly, "" End If End With copyofrecord1_Exit: Exit Function ...

Digitally Sign a Code Module
Word 2007 I would like to add a digital signature to a code module. When I got to Tools > Digital Signature > Choose, I don't have any certificates to select. I do have a certificate that would be appropriate for this function. Does it need to be in a specific certificate store? Also, since this document will be used by other people, will they need to have the certificate loaded locally? Thanks for any help that you can offer! --Tom ...

Initiating and Executing Excel Code from Access
Hi, I am in the process of determining whether it is feasible to move upstream into Access, a process currently run in Excel. BACKGROUND: 1. An Access program extracts data from a data warehouse, massages the data, and produces Excel spreadsheet(s) to be used as input to the Excel "report generation" spreadsheet in #2. 2. An Excel "report generation" spreadsheet has been created (not by me, so I am inheriting this), which has a menu on it, from which, the user may select up to 8 different Pivot Table reports to generate. When the user selects a report to run, a ...

how do i enter old loan payments into check register
Hello all, I'm using Microsoft Money 2005, and I'm having trouble hooking up a loan account to my check register. I am a little behind on my financials, and I am trying to set up a fixed 30 year loan account that began on 12/1/2005. I would like it to record all of the transaction details (pricipal, interest, etc.), and I would like all of the payments to entered in my checking account as transfers. I have set the loan up properly. The last screen of the loan creation wizard asked me if I wanted to set up scheduled payments, but it wouldn't let me specify a date before...

Payment terms field in customer inquiry
When I pull up the customer inquiry screen, there is no field for payment terms. This is something that we need to know on every customer who calls us and we need to know it while they are on the phone. It would be *greatly* helpful to us if payment terms were displayed on the customer inquiry window so our sales people don't have to go into the customer card and risk accidental changes or deletions in customer information. I have a hard time understanding why this information was not included on the inquiry window in the first place. Thank you! ---------------- This post is a ...

Ctrl+Alt+L does not work.
Hi All: In VS 2008, the accelerator of active resolution bar is Ctrl+Alt+L. But it does not work. I create a MFC mdi sample, and set a menu's accelerator to Ctrl+Alt+L, it does not work too. Why? Thanks Fiveight Are you sure it's just that keystroke combination that doesn't work? The first thing I would do is set it to something else (like Alt+F2) and see if that works just to make sure it's not something in the focus mechanism. If that does work, then my guess is that you may have something else with the same keystroke elsewhere that has prior focus. For examp...

Is there a tool where I can trace incoming email and where it is g
I'm trying to troubleshoot why an individual from a certain domain is having problem sending email to ours. Is there a tool, in exchange, where I can trace incoming email and where it goes? - SMTP (protocol) log - Message Tracking -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rizal" <Rizal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A12700BA-0845-40F5-866E-582F29047B23@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to troubleshoot why an individual from a certain domain is >...

Code to Dynamically Filter a Report; Not Working
I’m struggling a bit with some code that dynamically filters elements in a report. I have a form with the following objects: lstCustomer, lstExecBroker, an Option Group named ‘fraTrader’, with three radio buttons; optOption, optCross, optBoth. Also, I have cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3 as well as cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3, all of which control sort order. Finally, here’s the code: Private Sub cmdApplyFilter_Click() Dim varItem As Variant Dim strCustomer As String Dim strExecBroker As String Dim strTrade As String ...

use OnClick code
Hello All Is it possible to include the OnClick event code of one button as part of the OnClick event code of another button - without having to copy/paste it all? I'm sure this should be do-able, but can't quite see how! Hope someone can help. Many thanks Les Leslie Isaacs wrote: >Is it possible to include the OnClick event code of one button as part of >the OnClick event code of another button - without having to copy/paste it >all? I'm sure this should be do-able, but can't quite see how! > Just call the other Click event procedure lik...

Import underscore in coding every after 2 digits
Dear All I have a fixed coding with 8 digits. (ie: 40000000). I need to change this and split it importing underscore every two digits in order to look like (ie.: 40_00_00_00) Any clever way to do it for 25000 rows? Thanks in advance for your time.... :) --To retain these as numbers; select the range and from menu Format>Cells>Custom and type as below 00"_"00"_"00"_"00 --OR as text; you can use a formula in ColB to convert =LEFT(A1,2)&"_" & MID(A1,3,2)&"_"&MID(A1,5,2)&"_"&RIGHT(A1,2) ...

detailed inventory does not work with non bar code tapes.
I would like to verify that the scheduled inventory still does NOT work with non barcoded tapes. We have a HP 1/8 tape inventory using 8 non bar coded tapes. The scheduled inventory runs every day for about 1 second and does NOT reveal what the tapes are. A manual detailed inventory does work. I wonder why MS would program it this way? Tim This is an issue which we have fixed in DPM 2010. The problem was that the scheduled inventory was not doing detailed inventory on newly added media. Can you install DPM 2010 Beta from https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/Downloa...

Code translation
Can someone translate the code below to VBA. int N, M, P; /* the given values of N, M, and P */ int S[N+1]; /* Given set S -- not using array element 0 */ int c[M+1]; /* indicates which indexes are in the current subset */ int SUM = 0; /* current sum */ int tsum; /* temporary for a partial sum of newly added elements */ int count = 0; /* number of subsets whose SUM is < P int i; int j=1; c[0] = -1; for i=1 to M by 1 /* loop sets initial subset and its SUM */ { c[i] = i; SUM = SUM + S[i]; } while (j > 0 AND SUM < P) { ...

Best Way to Setup G&A Overhead Allocations
I am trying to come up with the best way to setup a General Administrative Overhead allocation. I know I could use Fixed Allocation accounts but I think I need some more info for what we want to accomplish. I need to take 10 General Admin departments and allocate the monthly total for that Department to 33 other departments. Is there a best practice for doing this type of allocation? If more information is needed please feel free to email me. -- TC TC, You'll need to setup an allocation account that captures the total of the 10 GA departments. Then you can use either Fixed ...

Mortgage Payment Split Incorrect
Money Plus Premium Hello, I used the loan wizard to set up my mortgage when I bought my house four years ago. With the exception of the interest/principal split being off a few cents (like it was the next or previous month's payment), everything else worked fine. Now, the split is very messed up. On the bills screen, the amount is correct, but when you click on it, the principal/interest allocation is all messed up. Put is this way, four years into a 30 year mortgage, the amount going to principal should not be 1.5 times the amount going to interest. I think the interest amount is...

IF color code
Hi, I'm need help to do a code in Worksheet that says if color =red o black then: IF B3:D3=red, copy formula from BG4:BL33, paste in E4:J33 IF K3:M3=red, copy formula from BG4:BL33, paste in N4:S33 IF T3:V3=red, copy formula from BG4:BL33, paste in W4:AB33 IF AC3:AE3=red, copy formula from BG4:BL33, paste in AF4:AK33 IF AL3:AN3=red, copy formula from BG4:BL33, paste in AO4:AT33 IF AU3:AW3=red, copy formula from BG4:BL33, paste in AX4:BC33 IF B3:D3=black, copy formula from BU4:BZ33, paste in E4:J33 IF K3:M3=black, copy formula from BU4:BZ33, paste in N4:S33 IF T3:V3=black, copy formul...

NTStatus codes missing
Please help me in identifying the problem with the steps i have taken: 1).I wrote KMDF driver for my USB mass storage device(taking OSRUSBFx2 sample as reference). 2).I tried installing it through 'driver update wizard' in device manager for my device.It was reported to be installed properly but failed to start-ERROR CODE 10'. 3).I used Windbg to open crash dump to determine the values of status(return value of object creation requests)variables,through 'memory' window. It only displays the failure message but status code is not displayed e.g. MY DRIVER...

equivalent code?
I'm a new at C# - so please forgive my ignorance. The following 2 snippets of code seem to be fairly equivalent. Is there any advantage to using 1 over the other? Example 2 seems to be much more efficient... Example 1: XmlTextReader xtr = new XmlTextReader(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("DogData.xml")); XmlDataDocument xdd = new XmlDataDocument(); DataSet ds = xdd.DataSet; ds.ReadXmlSchema(xtr); xtr.Close (); xtr = new XmlTextReader(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("DogData.xml")); xdd.Load(xtr); xtr.Close(); return ds; Example 2: DataSet ds = new DataSe...

Page Break Preview
Is it possible to view a page in page break preview without the larg Page # in grey interferring with the view -- henr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- henry's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2387 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47777 henry wrote: > Is it possible to view a page in page break preview without the large > Page # in grey interferring with the view? > > I don't think so. "Page Break Preview" implies that you want to know which page...

workers comp code from employee class rolls down to pay codes
Hello: If you add an employee to an employee class giving him "access" to the workers' comp code, after the pay codes are set up for him, putting him into a class tagged with a workers' comp code does not "roll down" the workers comp code to his pay codes. I think the roll down should affect the pay codes, also, in effect adding the workers' comp code to his pay codes so that the workers' comp codes do not have to be filed in for the pay codes later. childofthe1980s ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to...

UK Bacs payment system
Does anyone know if GP can upload payment details to the Bacs payment system in the UK? Ryan Yes, the UKBACS module funny enough. However in Great Plains 8.0 its been replaced with the European EFT module. "Ryan Finnesey" <rfinnesey@verizon.net> wrote in message news:e0ftpHApEHA.3488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if GP can upload payment details to the Bacs payment > system in the UK? > > Ryan > Ok where can I find a list of modules? We are not a GP partner at this point. Ryan "mike" <mike@home> wrote in message n...

Select invoices for payment across multiple AP Vendors
Be able to select invoices for payment across a group of vendors in Great Plains AP, but print seperate checks for each vendor once the invoices are selected. This will streamline the process of selecting invoices when a vendor has multiple payment departements, but you need to view all open invoices. We are currently on GP8. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open t...

Trying to have this code generate only a numerical value list by rows: 1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11
Originally this was used to create an alpha listing. I use this to create hiearchy and need the code to count upwards from 1 by 1 as high as is needed. (probably at least to three digits). Code being used: lastletter = "1" Cells(2, 16) = lastletter For intalpha = 3 To Cells(65536, 3).End(xlUp).Row If Cells(intalpha, 2) = 0 Then lastletter = Chr(Asc(lastletter) + 1) Cells(intalpha, 16) = lastletter Next intalpha ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Your co...

Making a cell only ecept an X and protecting code
OK here what I got I need F22 and F23 to only except an X. At this point it only triggers the red if you enter an X but the cells does let you type in anything and that will be a problem. Then Id like to protect or hide the code some how so people don't mess with it. So if you have a minute or two I would be most great full. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Rem Put an X in cells F22 or F23 makes Cells F14 AND F16 red Rem _____________________AREA WORKS_____________________ Rem YOU CAN ENTER ANY TEXT, BUT ONLY AN X TRIGGERS THE RED If Target.Address = ...

Need expert coding help with a debugging issue.
I've got a piece of code in a form on my front end db that updates a record in a table based on certain criteria. My problem is that this code seems to have a flaw in it that allows multiple instances of this code, running on different machines, to access the exact same record in the table, if the following conditions are met: 1. The code is executed at the exact same time 2. The record being updated in the target table has no current value The table has three fields: Bin Number, Vendor Name, and Count. My problem is that when Vendor Name is empty when the code is run by two users a...