BP error when trying to hide a default webpart

When we try to hide the customer list web part on the sales page we get the
following error:
Can not change Web Part Title due to a save error on the folder.
/DataViewer/Customer List-Customer List

We have not customized the list at all but we have added a new webpart to
limit the customer list by the sales id of the salesperson logged in
following Microsoft's recommendation as the way to limit it on the Portal
was to create new data permissions and queries and then to add them as web
parts and remove or hide the default ones. We do not want to delete the
default ones until we are sure they are not needed.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Robert Fann
Omni packaging

0
rfann (135)

------=_NextPart_0001_358A60A5

Hello,

Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.

When this problem occurs, do you see any additional information in the
Event Viewer Application log? Does this happen from multiple machines, as
well?

Another area I would like you to check is to go to Site Settings > Portal
Elements > Query Organization. Expand out DataViewer > Customer
List-Customer List and verify there is a Customer List query listed under
it. If it is listed, select it and click the modify button. Please check if
any specific security permissions have been applied to it.

Regards,
Jerad
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
------=_NextPart_0001_358A60A5

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par Thanks for posting to Newsgroups.
\par
\par When this problem occurs, do you see any additional information in the Event Viewer Application log? Does this happen from multiple machines, as well?
\par
\par Another area I would like you to check is to go to Site Settings > Portal Elements > Query Organization. Expand out DataViewer > Customer List-Customer List and verify there is a Customer List query listed under it. If it is listed, select it and click the modify button. Please check if any specific security permissions have been applied to it.
\par
\par Regards,
\par Jerad
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_358A60A5--

0
jplesuk (118)
4/2/2008 7:25:56 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_3FEFDA79

Hello

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Roxanne Berg

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_3FEFDA79

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Roxanne Berg
\par
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_3FEFDA79--

0
a-rober (48)
4/4/2008 8:23:08 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_282BF319

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Roxanne Berg

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_282BF319

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Roxanne Berg
\par
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_282BF319--

0
a-rober (48)

GP 10 WorkFlow Error 05-27-10
Hi I am receiving an error in GP 10 WorkFlow. At the end the workflow fails with the error. "An error has occurred in the Approval Status". Would be very helpful if any lead could be provided. I googled around but no solution was specified to this error. Kindly Advise. Following is the Content of the Event Log Action: SubmitForApproval Current User LogOnName: FZE\Administrator Input parameters: <RequestObjects> <ArrayOfBusinessObjectSubmissionInformation xmlns:xsi="http:// www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www...

Error Message #31
One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that says: Program error. what causes this and can I retrieve my spreadsheet? But other workbooks will open ok? If yes, the first thing I'd do is try to find a voluteer that could try to open it on their pc. If that didn't work, sometimes you can recover your file by opening in saving in a later version of excel. Other times, openoffice can open files that excel can't. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Firefli wrote: > > One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that...

error in importing data
Sorry the error is 0x8004032d ...

Trying to Get Subset of XML
I want to display a segment of an XML (see below) file in a datagrid. I want to select a specific <EventID> and get all of its children into a dataset so that I can bind a datagrid to those values. I am trying an expression as follows but I get an error "Value of type 'System.Xml.XmlNode' cannot be converted to 'System.Xml.XmlNodeList'." myNodes = xmldoc.ChildNodes("/Dataset/Events/[ShowName=Round 2]") What is the correct way to "get" that set of nodes and convert them to a dataset? ================== Portion of XML File ===============...

Runtime Error 2001 you canceled the previous operation
Dear all Eperts I have write VBA code like this Private Sub calenstart_Click() Me.Filter = "startdate='" & calenstart.Value & "'" Me.FilterOn = True End Sub when i click on my calendar it show message error Runtime Error 2001 you canceled the previous operation I can't fix it, what something wrong. Help me Thanks The message means that the filter string is not valid. Consequently, the next operation (applying the filter) fails. Presumably startdate is the name of a date/time field. Here are some reasons why it could fail: a) you used ' inste...

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

error 2147217865
I am experiencing an Error message on my second station when trying to post a transaction, usually the first or second after I open Store Operation Pos. My main data is sitting on first station. This is the error msg in Full. Error 214721865 Cannot Drop the Table # Temp Because it does not exist in System Cat Log (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State:40502 Native Error 3701) Select GetDate ( ) As Current Date Time I am unable to find this error on customer source Can you post cause and RESOLUTION ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micros...

Script error in IE8
When I am trying to use the general search function in Win XP sp3 (all recent updates) from the start menu, I get the following error message: An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 38 Char: 5 Error: permission denied Code: 0 URL: http://ie.search.msn.com/sa/5_12_0_512943/srchasst.js Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No What could I do to correct this? "jiger" <jiger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54E2513A-6273-41CA-A429-46C1F995B995@microsoft.com... > [Subject: Script error in IE8] ...

Office assistant error...
Hi, Having an issue on a standardised platform of XP with Office 2000 (SR2) and Outlook 2003. Users experiencing an error when starting Office Assistant - "The office assistant could not be started." The recommendation is to repair the office installation. Have attempted this as well as a reinstallation of Office 2000 and Outlook 2003, all to no avail. The error is sporadic but is occuring often enough to warrant this post! Anybody out there got some suggestions? Cheers, Darren Kukulka Systems Manager Beacon Technology ...

BP XML Exception
Using Dynamics GP v9.0- BP 3.0 As the administrator of our Business Portal, I was updating the results viewer for Sales>Customers>Document>Customer Document Detail> and had modified the query to show more information (columns etc). I clicked accept and the admins viewing is fine, HOWEVER, our users can no longer see any information in that viewer. They get the following exception: System.Xml.XmlException "Unable to update the specified query, Customer Document Detail, from the specified XML definition." Any advice? Thank you Pam, Thanks for using the newsgro...

error messages
Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg add-ons and remove third party addons . I have also ran the complete scan to locate the problem but the problem still exists. "Cottontop" <Cottontop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE8C3F3F-FD22-4D34-9A8E-48C23567FFAD@microsoft.com... > Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and > send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg > add-ons >...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

Contract
When I attempt to Invoice a Contract, I get the following error: <description>The service address of the contract is invalid.</description><details>The service address is invalid, this contract can not be set to invoice state.</details> Does anyone know what the issue/error could be? Hi Kathy, Not sure about service address, but check if the contact address and bill-to address for the contract has been set. To invoice a contract both these addresses are required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME E...

Error in Detailed Sales Report
Dear All, Have you encountered a strange scenario wherein in your shop you have sold 1 item in that particular invoice/receipt # but when it got connected and process the WS401 and when you run the detailed report in HQ level , it was added up with some items which is not in the original shop transactions. Example.. Store A Trx # item Qty 1023 apple 2 in HQ Store Trx# Item Qty A 1023 apple 2 A 1023 orange 3 A 1023 banana 2 Which in the store A transaction, those items where not in that trasaction but somehow when it was connected and process...

Backup error Access Denied
I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't figure out how to fix it. It is only happening on one mailbox. "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon Doe [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)." Help Please Can you access the mailbox from a mail client? If so, you can use mdbvu to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message in there. If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think they are ...

Installation of KB970430 Failed, Error 800B0100
Tried to install KB970430 automatically and manually and failed. Received error 800B0100 which took me to System Update Readiness Tool and in to an apparent circle. Using Windows Vista. jtm wrote: > Tried to install KB970430 automatically and manually and failed. Received > error 800B0100 which took me to System Update Readiness Tool and in to an > apparent circle. Using Windows Vista. Suggest you clean boot Vista and then try to run the System Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR) again: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in...

"cannot empyt clipboard" error
I am getting the cannot empty clipboard error after every cut/paste or drag/ drop. I'm running Windows XP & Excel 2003. Is there anything to fix this? ...

An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again
I have an email that I sent using Outlook (didn't use the CRM Email option). I now want to promote the email into CRM so that we have a permanent record of the email associated wioth the contact. I open my sent items, select the email and click the 'Promote E-Mail to CRM Activity' button in SFO. I get the error "An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again" No matter how many times I 'try again' I get the same message. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can get the email into CRM? Cheers Graeme SFO doesn't have any...

OFXIE12029 Error
My bank sync no longer works. Nor can I epay bills. I get the following error message: An internet communication error occurred. "Please try your call again later. (OXIE12029)." I have never had this problem before. I called my bank and they believe it is a MS IE / MS Money problem. All other sync's work. Any ideas? Greg In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >My bank sync no longer works. Nor can I epay bills. I get >the following error message: An internet communication >error occurred. "Please try your call again later. >(OXIE12029)." I h...

Change default "SaveAs" to *.msg rather than *.html
Hi!, Using Outlook 03, I regularly need to save emails and prefer to save as *.msg so the attachments are contained within the one file. How can you change the default SaveAs command to Save as Type in a *.msg format (rather than *.html) so the type is already *.msg without having to use the pull down? Thank you Troy Outlook provides no way to change that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "TroyB" <boeky72@hotmail.com>...

Services error
I cannot start about 3 service on my exchange server5.5 and it gives this error when trying to start the information store - 'The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service returned service specific error 4294966767' have any body experienced this and what can i do? Please see the following article: 246272 XADM: Service Specific Error 4294966767 Appears, Information Store Stops http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246272 -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Default view of Excel to 75%
Hi I want to set the default view of excel to 75% . When ever I open Excel or a new file in Excel the view should be 75% by default. Do not think this is possible best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Gaurav" <Gaurav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC88B972-EFC6-41CF-82F0-54F6222417BC@microsoft.com... > Hi > I want to set the default view of excel to 75% . When ever I open Excel or > a > new file in Excel the view should be 75% by default. Hi Gaurav Open a new workbook On all sheets set zoom ...

Outlook 2003 Usepecified error
Hi, I am having real problems trying to resolve an issue with outlook 2003 with Word as the e-mail editor. I am trying to forward an e-mail with about 5 pdf attachments that come to about 3mb in size, when I try to send the e-mail I get an "Unspecified error" If I turn off the word as the e-mail editor it works ok and sends the e-mail ok. I have also changed the text from html to plain text but i then get a 2nd error which I have managed to get rid of but readind the kb base article 870707. I have also tried running the detect and repair along with installing the latest s...

vba to prevent display of default series in doughnut chart
I am generating a doughnut chart using VBA and am having two immediat issues: 1) I am using the following line to ensure that the default chart tha is generated when I invoke the Charts.Add method is a doughnut chart: Application.SetDefaultChart FormatName:=xlDoughnut Is there a more elegant approach to ensuring that any chart create ends up being a doughnut chart, maybe when invoking the Charts.Ad method? I have tried to specify ChartType = xlDoughnut after th Charts.Add method but this does not do the trick every time (see cod snippet below). 2) When the doughnut chart is added (immediat...