Boost SQL Priority

Hello:

Please tell me if the following settings are good or bad in SQL 2000/2005
for GP 9.0/10.0:

Boost SQL Priority for Windows
Changing Min/Max Memory Settings
"Programs" instead of "Background Services/System Cache" in Performance tab
of the Server's System settings

Thank you, for your time!

childofthe1980s

Hi,

I know this is an older article, but I think it should help.

Microsoft SQL Server Recommended Database Settings and Supported Sort Orders
with Great Plains KB 865882

I have another document that is rather large called Optimize Performance and
Troubleshooting.  If you want I can forward that to you as well.

Kevin

The Precipio Group LLC

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Please tell me if the following settings are good or bad in SQL 2000/2005
> for GP 9.0/10.0:
>
> Boost SQL Priority for Windows
> Changing Min/Max Memory Settings
> "Programs" instead of "Background Services/System Cache" in Performance tab
> of the Server's System settings
>
> Thank you, for your time!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
Precipio (37)
5/21/2008 2:36:02 PM
please do

"Precipio" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know this is an older article, but I think it should help.
>
> Microsoft SQL Server Recommended Database Settings and Supported Sort Orders
> with Great Plains KB 865882
>
> I have another document that is rather large called Optimize Performance and
> Troubleshooting.  If you want I can forward that to you as well.
>
> Kevin
>
> The Precipio Group LLC
>
> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > Please tell me if the following settings are good or bad in SQL 2000/2005
> > for GP 9.0/10.0:
> >
> > Boost SQL Priority for Windows
> > Changing Min/Max Memory Settings
> > "Programs" instead of "Background Services/System Cache" in Performance tab
> > of the Server's System settings
> >
> > Thank you, for your time!
> >
> > childofthe1980s
Need an email address.

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> please do
>
> "Precipio" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know this is an older article, but I think it should help.
> >
> > Microsoft SQL Server Recommended Database Settings and Supported Sort Orders
> > with Great Plains KB 865882
> >
> > I have another document that is rather large called Optimize Performance and
> > Troubleshooting.  If you want I can forward that to you as well.
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > The Precipio Group LLC
> >
> > "childofthe1980s" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > Please tell me if the following settings are good or bad in SQL 2000/2005
> > > for GP 9.0/10.0:
> > >
> > > Boost SQL Priority for Windows
> > > Changing Min/Max Memory Settings
> > > "Programs" instead of "Background Services/System Cache" in Performance tab
> > > of the Server's System settings
> > >
> > > Thank you, for your time!
> > >
> > > childofthe1980s
0
Precipio (37)

Merge Customer Data via SQL Statement
Does anyone know the SQL statement needed to merge customers? I'm trying to merge "no-longer-active" customer accounts, under one customer name - "customer". This will help cut down my customer list, while keeping all sales data intact. I've got hundreds of in-active customers that need to be merged under one name, and I'm hoping there's a SQL statement that can do it. Thanks in advance for your help! ....or, maybe I can delete those out-dated customer accounts without invalidating the item sales data? If I delete a customer, will the item sales ...

SQL Server 2008 requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 to be installed
http://sanssql.blogspot.com/2010/01/sql-server-2008-requires-microsoft-net.html Regards, Sandesh Segu http://sanssql.blogspot.com Join me @ http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community?cmm=96088888 ...

Nested dynamic SQL Query Question
Hi All I've a tblCompanies, tblCategories (many to many) and a junction table tblCompaniesCategories. I need to open frmCompanies (bound to tblCompanies) apply a filter and then delete all records from tblCompaniesCategories for a specified Category and the Companies in the filtered recordset. So some thing like this: dbs.Execute "Delete FROM tblCompaniesCategories WHERE CategoryID = " & Me.lstCategories & " AND CompanyID IN (SELECT CompanyID FROM Forms!frmCompanies.RecordsetClone)", dbFailOnError I get a syntax error in CompanyID IN (SELE...

IV00100 Sql Join stmt.
I have the following sql stmt which will pull in my last receipted cost per itemnmbr. I want to join this to my item master, iv00101 and pull in the standard cost and current cost with each line item. How could I join these 2. Any help will be appreciated. If there is a system report that already does this please let me know. select a.itemnmbr, a.docdate, a.trxloctn, a.unitcost, a.dex_row_id from iv30300 a inner join ( select itemnmbr, max(dex_row_id) as dex_row_id from iv30300 where doctype = 4 group by itemnmbr) b on a.dex_row_id = b.dex_row_id thanks -- Craig Craig, Now, that&...

GP 10 with sql 2005 Express
I am trying to upgrade from MSDE GP 8 to SQL 2005 Express GP 10 but the keys I was given by MS don't work. I didn't think that there was an additional expense to use SQl Express. Is there? Please help -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL ...

remote database needs prefix database in sql
Hey All, I'm trying to write some SQL for a remote sql05 database and it requires me to prefix any table names with the database name. Is there anyway around this, kinda clutters up the sql, i think. thanks, rod. This is the way object identifiers work. :) You can, however, use synonyms on SQL Server 2005 (and above). ML --- Matija Lah, SQL Server MVP http://milambda.blogspot.com/ what does it mean when some databases require it and others don't? "ML" wrote: > This is the way object identifiers work. :) > > You can, however, use...

Syntax Error in SQL Code for Email Alert
I am attempting to set up a SQL job that sends me an email alert each time a certain customer makes a payment. I am getting the following syntax error Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 45 Incorrect syntax near '12'. with the following code. Can someone please help me troubleshoot it? The query by itself produces the desired result in SQL Server Management Studio, but throws this error when I add the code for the email. Any other comments or improvements are welcome. GP10, SP3, SQL Server 2005. Thanks --------------------------------------------------------...

Shipping amount field in SQL table.
Good Morning To All, I have a customer who is having one of their internal programmers write an interface that will update GL accounts according to their finance department's needs. They are very specific. One of the things they need is the shipping amounts at a transaction level. I cannot find these amounts anywhere. I read somewhere else that in order for this amounts to be populated the ship to and the shipping carrier had to be filled in on the transaction. I tested it, and I still can't see the totals for the shipping charges. Does anyone know anything about this? THANKS! ...

pulling SQL sentence from a query to a string value
Hi all, i need to pull by coding the SQL sentences of the queries in order to make decision or to make changes is it posible by coding to extract this data? On 23 May 2007 09:27:06 -0700, thread <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >i need to pull by coding the SQL sentences of the queries in order to >make decision or to make changes >is it posible by coding to extract this data? Dim strSQL As String strSQL = CurrentDb.Querydefs("Queryname").SQL John W. Vinson [MVP] sp_helptext 'sprocname' will give you the DDL for a stored procedu...

SQL Reporting Service Wizzard
When I use the wizard and try to deploy my Dynamics GP 10 reports, I am entering the url for the target server URL. When I click finish the Green Bar advances and I get a dialog box with a RED X and it is empty, I can not see the error. When I browse out to Report Manager I can see that it deployed one report, which is the TWO-Bank Reconciliation. No other reports are there. My URL must be correct or the one report would have never deployed. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. The URL that I am using is http://localhost:82/ReportServer I was able to deploy the reports to the d...

Owner Change on case -SQL Error
I am getting a MS SQL Alert box when ever I try to change the owner of a case. Any clues how to debug or resolve this ? ...

SQL SERVER 2005 Release a lot of memory
Hi guys, Our production db server is run on SQL SERVER 2005 64 bit on a 8 gb memory windows 2003 server. The SQL SERVER usually uses over 7 gb of memory. There's no max/min server memory set up (using default). Today from 2 pm to now, the memory usage of SQL SERVER is dropping gradually from over 7 gb to only 3.7 gb to this moment. I didn't see usage dropping and I never see SQL SERVER realease so much memory in 3 hours. And it's still keep dropping. I turned on perfmon and the counters look fine. I didn't do anything special except I turned on profiler. I won...

How do I do this in SQL
I have a large table of data of about a dozen columns and 1.5 million rows.I need to concatenate data from two of these columns only if the data meet certain conditions. Given the number of rows Access seems more appropriate than Excel. I'm primarily an Excel person, and this is the formula I would use in Excel:=IF(LEFT(A1,2)="JS",CONCATENATE(LEFT(A1,2),D1),"")I'm not conversant enough in SQL to translate that to an Access query. So let me explain what it does in plain English:1) IF the left two characters in the first column are "JS", 2) THEN concatena...

SQL CAL
I have 10 POS machines connected to a server. The server will run Wind2k3 as OS and SQLServer2000 as database. Do i need to get a CAL (for SQLServer2003) for each of the 10POS machines? tnx. \Franco \Franco, Yes, for each computer running SO POS _or_ SO Manager. A W2k3 CAL too! http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/default.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/caloverview.mspx -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not us...

Printing Problem in SQL Reporting Service
Hi, Seen a couple of posts about this but no conclusion. Trying to print a SQL Report from CRM and getting an error 0x80004005. These reports can be seen on screen and exported but cannot be directly printed to any printer. Checked all IE settings and put them as low as possible. The only other thing that might be contributing is Sophos AV. Any answers anyone ? Regards Peter. ...

SQL 2005 patition table
Hi, I have 20 million (5 type record ids -- 2-3gb)records need to be loaded into a table daily. Is it a good idea to have a a patiotion table seperated by reciord type id. 1. It will be faster for retrieval in performance? 2. What is the drawbacks ot have a partitioned table instead of regular table? Thanks, Mecn My opinion is 1) It will be fatser if the user searches on particular typeid , if he/she searches on typedid 1 and 5 then it will 'scan' two partitions 2) You have to have some experience to maintain partitons "Mecn" <mecn@yahoo.com> ...

Need help with SQL
SELECT DISTINCTROW OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.To, OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.Subject, OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.Received, OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.Contents, OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.CountOfImportance INTO OUTLOOK_APPROVEt2 FROM OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1 WHERE Received >= date_sub(curdate(), interval 1 month) and Received <= date_sub(curdate(), interval 1 day) WITH OWNERACCESS OPTION; I am having trouble with the Where portion. I would like for this query to reveal all the emails over the past physical month. Example February 1st I would like to be able to collect the data for all of January. Any help would be greatly...

not able to import the data from SQL
I am using SQL server 2000 .I have created database in it.I am having lots of records in it.I want to start using MRMS .I want to import the data from MY SQL Server Database to MRMS compliant database. Is it possible .if yes then how.Pls. suggest us ASAP Vishal Gupta wrote: > I am using SQL server 2000 .I have created database in it.I am having lots of > records in it.I want to start using MRMS .I want to import the data from MY > SQL Server Database to MRMS compliant database. > Is it possible .if yes then how.Pls. suggest us ASAP Hi Vishal.. if you know SQL command.. you ne...

SQL database recovery
I have a client whos PC died and had was the RMS database server running SQL server express 2005. Assuming that the hard drive in intact, how can I restore the data to a replacement PC. The customer made NO backups. Help is very much appreciated. Phil Phil, If the hard drive is still good and will spin up. Just remove the .mdf and ..ldf from the old hard drive to the new hard drive. Then from SQL Management Studio attach the .mdf file. The default path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\Data\<yourfile.mdf> Make sure you instruct your customer to start making back...

Sync SQL to Exchange Address Book
Can someone please guide me on how to synchronize contacts from a SQL database to Exchange 2003 Global Address List? I never worked with Exchange servers, so I also need to know how to set up a Global Address List? Thanks, Eric "eric.nguyen312@gmail.com" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote: >Can someone please guide me on how to synchronize contacts from a SQL >database to Exchange 2003 Global Address List? I never worked with >Exchange servers, so I also need to know how to set up a Global Address >List? You won't be working with any Exchange servers to do ...

Help! running Grant70.sql
Sometimes, I receive a message "Please run grant70.sql". What is the meaning of that? I have located grant70.sql. How do I run it? What is the use of grant70.sql? The SQL query grant70.sql (just grant.sql in GP 8) grants the appropriate permissions to the tables, views, and stored procedures. You execute it using SQL Query Analyzer against the Dynamics and company databases. Because you are not sure about how to run SQL queries, it would be in your best interest to work with a GP partner or at least a SQL Server person. You can do great damage with Query Analyzer. "an...

SQL job type workflow
I would like to automate some business processes that would require a sql job in typical client/server world. An example is that I would like to change a field that designates the primary address based on a date range. This process would run at midnight and it would update any account's address where today's date fits in the seasonal date range. Is it possible to insert C# code on workflow processes or get to it via the SDK. How would you best handle these type of automation jobs if workflow doesn't give you this functionality? Thanks, John ...

Money 2006 Small Business and SQL Server
Greetings, all! I would like to integrate Money 2006 Small Business with SQL Server, but I'm not looking for anything extensive... Does anyone know whether I can: 1. Use a SQL Server contacts database to provide Money with contact information (rather than entering it again into Money)? 2. Output financial data from Money to SQL Server. This is not a high priority need. If it cannot be done directly, I know I can use Excel as a midpoint. My main interest is in being able to use my SQL Server based DB for all my contact information in every application that uses contact data, ...

Multiple connections from ADP to SQL Server with OpenConnection
I have an ADP project with a back end SQL Server. I'm using the following code to connect to the database. But this will only allow me one user to connect using the front end ADP. Once the first user has logged on a second user cannot seem to connect as it can't open anotehr connection. Does anyone know how I can overcome this or is there a way of specifying/allowing multiple connections? Application.CurrentProject.OpenConnection _ "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;" _ + "Persist Security Info=false;" _ + "Initial Catalog=" & strDa...

Setting Up a offline Database with SQL Express
I need to setup a offline database with RMS 1.3 and I was told I need to install SQL Express to do this. Can anoyone give me some directions for this. I was also told when I install SQL I would have to tweek it but was not told what the to do can anyone help me out here? Hi Dakor, The RMS 1.3 comes with MSDE version of sql so I am not sure why you are going on SQL express anyhow if you haven't installed the MSDE then you can just install the SQL Express edition. you will find the instance and all services in Service Manager. Then go to your SO Administrator program and login to dat...