Bill of Materials Component Changer

Does anyone know of a utility or 3rd party product that can be used to
replace a component item across a range of Bills of Materials?  Changing one
BOM at a time can be very time-consuming.
0
Elaine (442)

I don't know of a tool, but I certainly wrote a SQL Server script that can
identify all the tables were the item number reside and you could probably
use it to replace the item number across the board.

If you are interested, visit my blog page at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com. The code can be adapted and is there
for free under the article titled "Wrong PO Number!"

Let me know what you think!
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Elaine" wrote:

> Does anyone know of a utility or 3rd party product that can be used to
> replace a component item across a range of Bills of Materials?  Changing one
> BOM at a time can be very time-consuming.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/8/2008 2:49:00 PM
I wonder if you use  CARD>Manufacturing >BOM> BOM Mass Update that will do;
across a range of BOMs.

--
"Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't know of a tool, but I certainly wrote a SQL Server script that can
> identify all the tables were the item number reside and you could probably
> use it to replace the item number across the board.
>
> If you are interested, visit my blog page at
> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com. The code can be adapted and is
> there
> for free under the article titled "Wrong PO Number!"
>
> Let me know what you think!
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Elaine" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a utility or 3rd party product that can be used to
>> replace a component item across a range of Bills of Materials?  Changing
>> one
>> BOM at a time can be very time-consuming.

0
viol-8-r (108)
5/20/2008 1:18:28 PM
"ZeeAay" <viol-8-r@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I wonder if you use  CARD>Manufacturing >BOM> BOM Mass Update that will do;
>across a range of BOMs.
>

> --
> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I don't know of a tool, but I certainly wrote a SQL Server script that can
>> identify all the tables were the item number reside and you could
>> probably
>> use it to replace the item number across the board.
>>
>> If you are interested, visit my blog page at
>> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com. The code can be adapted and is
>> there
>> for free under the article titled "Wrong PO Number!"
>>
>> Let me know what you think!
>> --
>> MG.-
>> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>>

>> "Elaine" wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a utility or 3rd party product that can be used to
>>> replace a component item across a range of Bills of Materials?  Changing
>>> one
>>> BOM at a time can be very time-consuming.

0
viol-8-r (108)

Bills Insights Shows Nothing
Just upgraded from 07 to Plus (Deluxe). I set Bills Insights to run on startup. I have many bills listed in my bills summary in Money, but nothign shows in Insights. I restarted, thinking maybe it needed a kickstart, but still no go. The bills are not set to auto-pay. Any ideas as to why I get nothing listed? Thanks. J I haven't used Insight other than starting it once. It DID show past due and soon to come due items. Are any of your bills expired or soon to come due? "rlrcstr" wrote: > Any ideas as to why I get nothing listed? 2 listed past due. 2 listed as du...

ActiveX component can't create object
I am installing Dynamics 7.5 on a new dell optiplex gx620. When running forms with VBA I get the error "ActiveX component can't create object" before the window opens. And then the error continues as you use the form. I have tried copying the VBA file from other working computers with no luck. I have checked the references in the VB and all that are checked on other working machines are checked on this new Dell. Any ideas? I have 2 new dells that this is not working on I would suspect the O/S rather than the hardware. What operating system are these new machines running? ...

EPay is gone in MSN Bill Pay via Money?
I just set up Money 2005, along with a new MSN Bill Pay and integrated it into Money. Previous to Money 2005, I was able to set a bill as epay in Money. In M2005, I don't see that option. If I'm not doing anything wrong, do we have to set it as direct debit and manage it on the MSN Bill Pay web page? Seems weird to have to do all that, when the product handled it well for the last 8 versions (or whatever). Thanks! Cristof I think I answered my question. There is an account created online, and that one allows the epaying. But now, I can't seem to use the merge duplicate a...

Money 98 New Component Needed?
When I try to import the 'money.ofx' file I downloaded from my bank's website, a dialogue box pops up with a header of 'Money 98 New Component Needed.' Then it says 'You need a new component to use this service. 1. Click Launch to go to the Microsoft Money Home Page, a Web site on the Internet. 2. From there follow the installation instructions.' When I click 'launch' it takes me to Microsoft's 'page could not be found' web page. Further, when I check the Money homepage, the Microsoft support section and the downloads, I see nothin...

Error on changing billing type on timesheet in Business Portal
In PDK, I have checked to allow the users to change the billing type on timesheets. However, when I change the billing type on Business portal on the project timesheet, I get an error: An unexpected error has happened. Please contact your system administrator. The billing type does change to the desired value after receiving the error. Please let me know how to get rid of the error. ...

Using .NET dll as COM component in MFC MSI Application
Hello, I have written a class library (dll) using csharp and VS2005. Now, I want to use this class as COM in my MFC application. I'm looking for a step-by-step information on how to do it, consiting the two parts: 1. Exporting a class library as COM component. 2. Using the COM component in my MFC MDI application. Thanks in advance. Janiv Ratson. The .NET way to do this is to create a COM Callable Wrapper: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f07c8z1c.aspx Do u have more specific solution. I canno tunderstand it very well. Thanks again, Janiv Ratson. "Reg Edit" <goo...

MS Money 2003 Bills & Deposit Updates
I just upgraded to MS Money 2003 from 2002. Now when I try to update a single occurence of my bills/deposits (e.g., Amount), I click "OK" and nothing happens. The screen just sits there. I end up having to cancel the change and can't change the forecasted bill until I actually enter it into my register. Any help is appreciated. Ed Oly ...

Implemeting Bill Of Materials
Hi, has any one gone for implemeting Bill Of materials modules in Businesses like Cafeterias, If Yes i would appreciate if he can send me Case study. regards Nader You betcha. "Nader Yousef" wrote: > Hi, > > has any one gone for implemeting Bill Of materials modules in Businesses > like Cafeterias, If Yes i would appreciate if he can send me Case study. > > regards > Nader ...

a template for medical billing cpt codes
a small independant medical practice looking for medical billing templates Randall, You really should invest in a real cpt4 program. The additional reimbursement from coding items that a decent system will give you will pay you back your investment 1000 fold. Not to mention the updates. Good Luck and HTH, Gary Brown "Randall Jones" <Randall Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2725DF9-9D5E-4CE4-BFDD-4BFA09F417C9@microsoft.com... >a small independant medical practice looking for medical billing templates Thank you Gary, I will follow your advic...

progress billing for Time and Materials project type
hi all can I use progress billing for Time and Materials project type in Project Accounting? Thanks in advance.. ...

Edit Bills in Bill Summary
Using Money Plus Deluxe ver. 17.0.120.1415 Many of the items in Bill Summary will let me edit them by right clicking them. Some, however do not offer this option and I must highlight and click the "Edit" button below. I can find no reason for this strange behavior. Any clues? "Catenary" <Catenary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45F9BA3F-6DF3-46A4-9E0E-50CDEDE61029@microsoft.com... > Using Money Plus Deluxe ver. 17.0.120.1415 > > Many of the items in Bill Summary will let me edit them by right clicking > them. Some, however do no...

No more prompt "Is this the scheduled bill <bill>?" in 2007
I recently upgraded from 2005 Deluxe to 2007 Premium. I was used to entering transactions in my check register and being prompted with "Is this the scheduled bill such and such?" I would click 'Yes' and then it would disappear out of my upcoming bills. I just noticed that all of my bills are way behind (according to Bills Summary), and when I pay one in the register it does not prompt me anymore. How can I get this functionality back? I would rather do it this way, than going to Bills Summary and paying them there, then going back to my register to enter regular transa...

Money Bill Pay vs. MSN BIll Pay
I use Money Bill Pay in MS Money 2006. Online services states there is an upgrade to Money Bill Pay ==> MSN Bill Pay. The link in Money 2006 doesn't work therefore I can't get the details of the "upgrade". I am working with Microsoft to get the the information. I don't use my checking account's bill pay service for specific reasons (I will spare you the details.) What do users think about Money Bill Pay vs. MSN Bill Pay? ...

One work order at multiple billing address and multiple shipping address
Is there a way to do one work order at multiple billing address and multiple shipping address? If not through configuration, will it be possible through custom .NET App? .. Can somebody please reply to my question ASAP? To be honest, I haven't understood your question. If you can explain it in more detail, you may receive an answer. Also note that we're answering questions in our spare time and don't get paid for it, so ASAP isn't the best phrase to motivate people. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnw...

MSN Money Investment Toolbox component of Money 2005
That's right folks, Money 2005. Installer is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005"\Common\webinst.exe" Check out "ReadMe File for Microsoft Money 2005 Version 14.0 July, 2004" ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005\readme.txt") An hour and a half on the phone with MS support trying to resolve problems with this new Toolbox and/or installation of same. Uninstalled, re-installed, updated DirectX to 9.0c, tried Knowledge Base Article 176841, etc., without success. They are aware of some problems and are working on them. ...

Professional Services 3rd Party Billing solutions
Hi, We are looking for 3rd party alternatives to handle our invoicing. We are a GP professional services firm so we need an efficient way to enter time and invoice it. Project Accounting is being considered, but we are interested in alternatives others may be using. thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada Hi doug, If you are interested we can offer a 3rd party custom solutions. Please letme know your exact requirements. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Doug" wrote: > Hi, > > We are looking for 3rd party alternatives to handle our invoici...

A System component, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server is
I got the following error when opening outlook 2003. A System component, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server is noct configured properly. What can I do to solve that problem? Verify that you have the following registry keys. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols] "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_http"="rpcrt4.dll" -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out ...

one dollar bill
Look at the US dollar bill. It has the words "IN GOD WE TRUST". But nowhere you can see the cross a sign of christianity. In God of what religion do we trust, I ask you ?? This topic has to do with science careers, too. If there was such a thing as a "Creator" he/she wouldn't be so stupid as to have one religion over another! "carrera d'olbani" <dolbani@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1172124332.843862.306610@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Look at the US dollar bill. It has the words "IN GOD WE TRUST". But > nowhere you can ...

Recurring Bills #2
When I click on my bills and deposits menu, it no longer shows any of the recuring bills or deposits. It still operates as it should by making automatic payments and deposits, but it won't let me view them. I have the same problem. The accounts appear in the calendar view but not the scheduled bills view. I have tried entering new recurring bills and only the first appears. Can't figure it out yet. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on my bills and deposits menu, it no longer >shows any of the recuring bills or deposits. It still >operates as it should by makin...

Bill of Materials subcontracted out
We are a manufacturing firm using Dynamics GP v9.0 but without the manufacturing module. We have a production department that does BOM's throughout the day but for various reasons, we allow these same workers to 'subcontract' various subassemblies for the end product. The production department is trying to solve the following issue: BOM is created, items are pulled from inventory and sent home with the workers to be built and returned within a weeks' time. These BOM's are not POSTED until the end product is returned to the premises. (Bet you can see the problem). ...

Billing System for Document Handling Company
My client is in the business of sending documents and percels like FedEx, DHL, Red Star Express. They need a billing system that will interface with Dynamics GP. Does any one knows a Billing system that can serve this purpose. Alternatively, can GP Invoice module be enhanced or flexed to accommodate their needs. What about the Extender, will this work? Also is it possible to change the Mark Down functionality in the Sales Order Processing Invoice Window to Mark-up using any of the tools in GP? My client needs to add extra cost to standard charges for some consignments. So, the Mark d...

New user access- need learning material
Hi, I'm a novice user of acess 2007. Can someone give me some links or material using which i can learn the basics of acces and atleast be able to build a simple database. I have tried the office online website and google, however it just got me in circles. It would be great if anyone can send me some study material on this or refer me to some wesite where i can learn access Thanks Regards Raveendiran RR One on-line place that might be helpful http://www.sfubusiness.ca/motmba/courses/bus756/shared/pages/tutorials.html "Raveendiran RR" <smartbond@gmail.com> wro...

Can't pay bills in Money 2006?
I'm trying to pay my bills this morning through money like I always do. However, I get a very generic error with no indication of what the problem is. Anyone else seeing this? ...

How to raise CN for posted billing in Project Accounting
Hi all When i choose TM Return in transaction type during Billing Entry, the system is not allowed for non TM return how can we raise a CN for a posted billing where the project's type is Fixed Price? it's urgent, thanks in advance ..... ...

Is MS ever going to fix the problem with Bills?
My money file gets slower and slower every year (started in Money 95 and have used every version since then) and have confirmed the problem in my inability to easily view the "Spending tracker" in Money Plus is because the bills are somehow messed up in the background - they all seem to work fine for payment, cash flow, etc. Spending Tracker totally chokes though, taking 2-3 minutes to show up. If I clear out all bills using the "Repair Money, Remove All Bills" it works fine. But after wasting about an hour putting stuff back in, I ran across my mortgage. It seems the &qu...