Best Way to Setup G&A Overhead Allocations

I am trying to come up with the best way to setup a General Administrative
Overhead allocation.  I know I could use Fixed Allocation accounts but I
think I need some more info for what we want to accomplish.

I need to take 10 General Admin departments and allocate the monthly total
for that  Department to 33 other departments.

Is there a best practice for doing this type of allocation?  If more
information is needed please feel free to email me.
--
TC
0

TC,

You'll need to setup an allocation account that captures the total of
the 10 GA departments.  Then you can use either Fixed or Variable
Allocation to distribute the total to your other 33 departments.
Whether you use Fixed or Variable depends on your allocation basis.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
7/9/2009 9:07:58 PM
Forgive me if I sound a bit confused here but how would I set up the
allocation account to capture the total dollar amounts posted each month in
the departments?   Are you talking about setting up an allocation account
that would be hit for each transaction that would be posted to the individual
departments?  I am not sure I want to do that as it would be a huge
undertaking.
--
TC

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> TC,
>
> You'll need to setup an allocation account that captures the total of
> the 10 GA departments.  Then you can use either Fixed or Variable
> Allocation to distribute the total to your other 33 departments.
> Whether you use Fixed or Variable depends on your allocation basis.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
TLC (16)
7/13/2009 3:45:01 PM
No, what I'm suggesting is an allocation account that would receive a
journal entry that reclasses the sum of the detail from your G&A
accounts.  You'd still have to post one journal entry manually but at
least then the allocation account would allocate out to your 33
destination departments automatically.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)

MS or 3rd Party way to annotate inbox subject fields?
Thanks for reading -- I have searched and searched, but have found no info. I am looking for a way to add a note or even change the subject fields of my incoming email. I use E-fax, and get a ton of orders faxed to me. The subjects all look the same, though -- Efax from 555-555-1212 (2 pages) It's great because I can store all my faxes forever, but it sucks trying to organize them. In order to find an old fax, I have to go to the approximate date, and then start opening all the attachements. If I could add a note, like "Order for the Smith Job" to the inbox subject view, th...

Public calender setup
I am wanting to setup a public calender in my Exchange 2003 organization. I have the calender in the public folder, but it is not doing what I want. Here is an outline of what I am trying to do Public calender for the compan everyone has access to create and modif when an appointment is made; you can invite others and it will email them to accept or declin when accepted or declined it will email the creator of the appointmen when accepted will put appointment in personal calende is this possible? With the functionality you ask for, I don't really see why you need this calendar to be a ...

Money 2007 Deluxe: Account setup unavailable
I keep getting "Account setup unavailable. Please try again later." when trying to setup my ING DIRECT account for the past few days. Is this a problem with ms money or ing direct's online service? In microsoft.public.money, Vital wrote: >I keep getting "Account setup unavailable. Please try again later." when >trying to setup my ING DIRECT account for the past few days. Is this a >problem with ms money or ing direct's online service? That data comes into Money via CashEdge. See http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp Try later in the...

Fidelity Investments & NetBenefits
we have regular joint brokerage account with linked to my netbenefits account. my wife's netbenefits cannot be linked to this brokerage account (do not ask me why but that's what fidelity tells me). i've setup Money online services for brokerage and my netbenefits. but, i'm unable to access my wife's netbenefits account via Money's online setup. it complains about account not found. is there a way to directly access netbenefits accounts without doing thru fidelity investment financial institution? thanks a lot hitesh In microsoft.public.money, Hitesh Patel w...

Best approach to customized styles
I have seen various installations of Word (2007, 2002, 2000) lose some of the custom settings for styles I have assigned to them. I haven't seen this mentioned before so I can only assume that I'm one of the few that this is happening to. I primarily use Quote, Headings 1-5, and Body Text. I suppose you can throw in footnote as well. Body text seems to be fine, but I am continually having to reset my preferences for the headings styles. THey will work for a few weeks but not after that. I would like to take a final stab at this--would I be better off simply creating a new ...

Is there a best practices FAQ, for using Volume Shadow Copy with Exchange 2003 databases?
We have Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003 Standard. I would like to start taking 'snapshots' of the log and database volumes regularly (4 times daily), as a way to do immediate interval restores of our Exchange DBs rather than having to dump from tape. Is there a best practices document, for doing this? Thanks in advance. NTBackup does not do snapshots of Exchange. You would need to find a 3rd party backup product that supports that. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Robert Gordon" <Robert.Gordon@nospam.dslextreme.com> wrote in message ...

How to restore the archive into new setup outlook
Hi guys can you help regarding this matter. I needed badly thanks JV Wrong newsgroup. This is for Publisher, not Outlook. Plus I'll bet if you tried Google or Bing before posting, you would find the answer to your question. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JV Paragna" <JV Paragna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75AC865B-5F97-4A11-ABEC-38563AC0BDF8@microsoft.com... > Hi guys can you help regarding this matter. I needed badly > > > thanks &...

Best way to upgrade OEM software?
I am looking at buying a few laptops but they all seem to ship with Windows 7 Home and some with MS Office 2007 Home & Student. Can anyone suggest the best way 'upgrade' these to XP Pro and MS Office 2003 Pro? To reduce the maintainence burden I would like to keep them the same as the rest of our clients network. Thanks, Nick Hi Nick: For this group, your post is OT (off topic). Not that OT posts are not allowed, but it is customary to identify then as such. However, to answer your question: There are a great many systems that ship with your choi...

Best way of copy range of cells without select
Hi, Why doesn't this work? "Method 'range' in object sheet failed" . I try to get rid of the copy paste select activat - operations.... Blad105.Range("B6:B25,B29:B44,B52:B56") = Blad104.Range("B6:B25,B29:B44,B52:B56") /Thanks to any help I answer myself: Has to be a ".value" after the specified range - othervice it try to copy the range, and it can't define the same worksheet name on two sheets... /"" The value is needed baecause "Imbecill" <Imbecill@roll.se> skrev i meddelandet news:Kj_oc.59034$mU6....

What is the best online consolidator
What is the best online consolidator to produce a single page view of numerous bank and brokerage accounts. I understand that each will remain seperate. On Jun 19, 4:09=A0pm, "WOppenhe" <woppe...@ucla.edu> wrote: > What is the best online consolidator to produce a single page view of > numerous bank and brokerage accounts. =A0I understand that each will rema= in > seperate. I've played with Yodlee for a few years - it keeps getting better and better ...

Seiko Chronograph Steel Mens Watch SNA795, Best Wristwatch World
Seiko Chronograph Steel Mens Watch SNA795, Best Wristwatch World Click Here To Website : http://www.watchebay.net/Seiko-Chronograph-Steel-Mens-Watch-SNA795.html Wristwatch World: http://www.watchebay.net/ Seiko Chronograph Steel Mens Watch SNA795 Information : Brand : Seiko Watches ( http://www.watchebay.net/Seiko-Watches.html ) Gender : Mens Code : Seiko-Chrono-Mens-Watch-SNA795 Also Called : SNA795, SNA795-1, SNA795-P1, SNA795P1, Seiko- SNA795, Seiko-SNA795-1 Case Material : Stainless Steel Case Thickness : Dial Color : White Bezel : ...

When fwd'g-Otlk uses acct other than default
When I forward an email received in my default account, Otlk will use a different account to send the email I'm forwarding. How can I control this? ...

The way numbers are displayed
I have a price sheet that displays prices like this 6.26248371689101 need to change them to display $6.26 have tried currency, accounting, everything. Please help Thanks for any help! It looks like your "numbers" are in fact text. With the "number" in A1, put this formula in another cell: =VALUE(A1) You can format that cell the way you like -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Pnw" <Pnw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88FBFADE-4DE6-4974-9B15-72116946BC95@microsoft.com... |I have a price sheet that displays prices li...

Is there a way to find the size of each database object?
Hi All I have a reasonably simple database but even after running "Compact & Repair" it seems the whole .mdb file is much larger than it should be compared to other MS Access database that I have created. Is there an easy way to find the size of each database object? I have forms with VB code and reports and macros. I have started a new .mdb file and importing the objects over one by one to find the culprit but this is (of course) a long and painful process. I performed a similar test where I imported each set of objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, macros ...

GP 10.0: Is there a way to have two salespeople on one customer ac
For some of our customer accounts, we have a broker and a salesperson that both get commissions on the same account. Is there a way of setting this up so it calculates the commission automatically when a sale is made on that customer account? Or do you have to split the commission manually on each sales invoice you enter? Brent, The latter. However, if you are willing to work outside of GP, you could perhaps look into other integrating commission solutions like Ethotech's http://www.ethotech.com/ Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http:...

Is there a way to delete all emails w/o deleting the account?
Hi, Is there a way to clean up an email account in Exchange 2000 Std. without deleting the account other than logging into it and deleting all the emails? We are having trouble logging into this account through Outlook or OWA. The user never maintained her email account. There seems to be thousands of items in her mailbox. I don't know if they're all emails or there are some calendar items, etc. too. I assume what the System Manager shows me includes everyting in the mailbox i.e. calendar items, contacts, tasks, etc. Is there a tool that I can utilize to clean up this mailbox? ...

Best Practice: Business Units or automatic sharing??
Hi, We have following scenario in which users are granted as less access to records as possible. The sales persons are subdivided per country area (call it 'sales territory'). Sales persons can only see their own records. Every area will also have two managers, which can see all accounts they created and all accounts the sales persons of that area created. Furthermore it is possible that one person is a manager of several sales areas... What is according to you people the best practice to set up this security model? The difficulty here are not really the 'sales persons&#...

a simple way to set up spreadsheet for conference rooms reservatio
conference room reservations wrote: <Nothing> Please write your question in the BODY of the post, not the subject as that can be truncated just like yours has. I don't think Excel would be the best way of doing this. Have you got Outlook? I got a lot of my begginer help on this site... cool they teach you by making a, time sheet, Invoice and cheek book from scratch on Windows media Player very cool www.MDOTutorials.com -- Route2391 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Route2391's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member....

Two Mailbox Setup
Here's a tale of un-documentation (woe is me). If someone can give me the solution again, I'd much appreciate it. Here's the scenario I have previously achieved with a SBS2003/Exchange2003/Outlook2003 setup: 1. Two domains (domain1.com and domain2.com). 2. Create two users in AD. Names are SLIGHTLY different (add a middle initital for one user). For example: Adam H. Smith and Adam Smith. Email addresses are: adam@domain1.com and adam@domain2.com. 3. Set up Outlook for this user by pulling in both mailboxes. Train user to use FROM field and pick the email address he wan...

Any pointers for DR setup in 2 different locations?
Here is the scenerio. We have 2 sites: 1 in Atlanta and the other in DC. We would like to setup a DR site in DC. We had procured DoubleTake to replicate Exchange Data between Atlanta and DC, but while we were doing the intial replication with both servers in Atlanta we noticed that the amount of data that was being replicated would not make this solution work unless we increased the bandwidth from T1 to maybe OC3. Because of funding issues, the DoubleTake solution got killed. Oh by the way the 2 servers have been setup on identical hardware and configuration. They are both in the same d...

Deleted items retention best practices?
Are there any standard policies regarding deleted item retention in 5.5? Things like a suggested length of the rention time? Configurations for ease of administration and most practical use of hardware resources? Thanks and thanks in advance for any suggestions, Mike Depends on disk space, whether you're using standard/enterprise, how much you can back up/restore. I usually do 15 to 30 days for a tiny office - I'd say 5 days is the minimum I'd use. myrangersstink wrote: > Are there any standard policies regarding deleted item retention in > 5.5? Things like a suggested ...

Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Classique Mens Watch 279.81.70, Best Wristwatch World
Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Classique Mens Watch 279.81.70, Best Wristwatch World Click Here To Website : http://www.watchebay.net/Jaeger-LeCoultre-Reverso-Classique-Mens-Watch-279.81.70.html Wristwatch World: http://www.watchebay.net/ Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Classique Mens Watch 279.81.70 Information : Brand : Jaeger LeCoultre Watches ( http://www.watchebay.net/Jaeger-LeCoultre-Watches.html ) Gender : Mens Code : 279.81.70 Also Called : Case Material : Stainless Steel Case Thickness : Dial Color : Black Bezel : Stainless Steel Movement : ...

Audit Trails setup error
I'm trying to setup Audit Trails for one of our 4 companies and get the following message on only one of them when I try to apply auditing to a selected table. [Microsoft]ODBC SQLServer Driver[SQL Server]Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =,!=, <, <=, >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. If I click OK at this point I get the Table Auditing Setup window and it lets me save and displays the table as audited. What is causing this? It would help to know what version of GP and service pack (build number) yo...

Exchange 2003 mailbox setup to receive all messages from the other mail accounts?
Is it possible to setup an email account, in Exchange 2003, which transparently receives all the email messages sent by the other mail accounts on the domain? By transparently I mean that the employees shouldn't be aware of this configuration. I have this company which currently has its email handled by an external service company which runs MailEnable Enterprise email server. On the server side there is a mailbox, which receives all the mail sent-by and addressed-to all the other email accounts on the domain. The two VPs have access to this mailbox, so they can have records and contro...

Is there a way to keep Exchange and CRM contact data in sync?
I am fairly new to CRM. I can see that I can import Exchange contact data into CRM, but is there a way to just use an exchange public folder contact list for both Exchange and CRM, or some other way to insure that Exchange and CRM changes to contacts are automatically replicated between the two systems? Bill Walter ...