Batch level posting for Write Off's

Is it possible to post in batch level for writeoffs
0
JohnD (33)

Mem_Bad_Handle error when posting SOP Inv
Hi, Anyone experience a SmartHeap Library error, showing "MEM_BAD_HANDLE"? This happens when posting SOP Invoices, either by Batch or Trans. It's apparently an invalid RAM reference by code - not sure how to solve this? The trx do post to GL without any other apparent errors, but something should be wrong somewhere... Have just upgraded from GP7.5 to GP9 in Term Server environ, and tried to do: 1. remove all customisations to GP by removing Forms / Reports .dic's for Dyn and all other modules / 3rd party software; Customisation Maint screen now clean. 2. copied Dynamics....

Batch Status
We are getting the typical message about a batch being edited by another user. This is a check batch. The status of that check batch is "110", cheques printing. I've looked at the DEX SESSIONs and and also looked at SY00800. I cleared all the locked sessions and I don't see the batch in SY00800. I could, of course, set the MKDTOPST to 0 and the BCHSTTUS to 0; but the checks have already printed. I just want to post the check batch. Any ideas? What should the BCHSTTUS be after the checks have printed? Thanks. well this is the list of available batch status codes 0 ...

Integration Payables Batch ID Script
I currently have a sucessful integration that imports our payables records. Right now the integration asks for a batch ID to import before it starts. What I'm wanting to do is instead, is have a script run on the Batch ID field for each document that will put in "AP + the document date". AP would just be a string value added to a document date that is part of the file I'm integrating. The date I'm wanting to add to the batch ID name is contained in a source called apsource.F10 For example the BatchID should be inserted for each document like so: AP0204...

Bond with Level Repayments...can MS Money handle this?
I can't see that any of the defined bonds fit this description..is there some way this can be entered? The bond (it's really called a lease) is purchased at it's face value with a rate of 2.89% The buyer also pays a broker fee of 1.494% at the time of purchase. The bond is repaid in 6 equal payments. The date of purchase was Aug 20, 2003 and the first payment to the bond holder is made on December 1,2003, with 5 additional equal payments every 6 months. Each payment consists of interest to which is added a portion of principal to make the payment amounts equal. Any ide...

Programatically open Access DB with user level security
I have an Excel Add-in that now needs to open an Access database that has user level security applied to it. The only way I have been able to achieve this so far is using the VBA Shell function, since by doing this I can pass the workgroup path and user name/password to the DB. Problem then of course is that I can't set a reference to the DB until Access has started sufficiently to begin supporting OLE and the amount of time this might take is indeterminate. A very crude workaround I am using at the moment is to pause the Excel VBA execution using Wait for a few secon...

Newbie question
Just moved to GP Jan 1 - so we're still low on the learning curve. Here's the situation: Clerk keyed invoice entries and posted the batch to receivables. (Her posting rights are soon to be curtailed.) Unfortunately, she posted the invoices to Jan 2005 even though the invoice dates were prior to Jan 2005. Obviously, we have G/L entries that can be posted to the appropriate periods (NOT Jan 2005) but I want to know what the implications are for reporting, reconciling, etc. Tried to find this in the documentation but haven't seen it yet. Thanks, Steve Sarratt Seminole Energy...

XmlSchemaImport and XmlSchema.Write
I create a schema in memory and then I can write to a file fine. But as soon as I add an import element I get an error when it goes to write to the file. The error message is: The type System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaImport was not expected. Use the XmlInclude or SoapInclude attribute to specify types that are not known statically. What does this mean? Is there a limitation to when I can use <xs:import> vs <xs:include>? And why does it occur when I go to write it out? Is the schema compiled at the time and is it looking to resolve the external schema? If so, that description doesn&...

Write Conflict 08-26-07
I have a bound form that I use to input records with. The only field is a Memo Field. This field is attached to tblReceipe, This table has only one record in it. And will always only have one record in it. After I write the contents of that record to another table I want to change the contents of that record in the tblReceipe table to " ". But I keep getting the write conflict message. Basically the problem is that when I open the input form I need that memo field to appear blank. Dim AboutSQL As String Dim MemoSQL As String DoCmd.SetWarnings False AboutSQL = "UPDATE ...

Post Course Evaluations
Good morning all This is rather a random question but thought I'd give it a shot any way.... I am an IT Tutor and am currently producing a 3-month post evaluation form for delegates to complete, obviously 3 months after they have attended a training session. I have been looking on-line for some good questions I could include and am unable to find anything. Does anybody know of any websites to help with the creation of such documents, or have any ideas themselves? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you Louise And, this has to do with Microsoft Office how? &...

Batch stuck in "Updating" status -
We have version 7.00 - this payables batch has been "posting" for days - how do we get it unstuck? We can't look at it because the message is "the batch is posting". -- Pat This is a common situation in an interrupted batch and there is a knowledgebase solution on the MS site but I have been unable to locate the document. I will dig a little deeper as I know I have a copy of the document around. "PatB" <PatB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87A69AAF-20CD-4E37-8BD2-84E7BF3FCEB1@microsoft.com... > We have version 7.00 - this p...

post code on col1 & list of suburbs in col2
"Peo Sjoblom" wrote: Hi Peo sorry,it did not 'll review the question - may be u can give me a formula 1. row1 -10 contain same post code number 2. row 1-10 contains names of the various post code 3.can you please help me with a formula where single post code combines all the suburbs in a cell separated by a formula 4. please note that number of suburbs (text) in a single post code varies need ur help thanks varun > > "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > > Sorry Peo should read separated by a comma Sorry, I don't understand your question, same postcod...

Batch Process Interupted
I have a cash receipt that I was processing in a receivables batch when Great Plains froze up so bad I had to kick myself out. Now when I go back in to finish applying the payment, the payment can't be found. The documents that the payment was applied to before I had to kick myself out are showing as paid in the inquiry screen and are showing as unpaid on the Receivables Aging Report. If I try to zoom in on the payment through the inquiry screen it tells me the payment does not exist. How can I fix this? Try running Check Links on the Receivables Open Transactions table and then...

How to write Property Let for the single elements of an array
Hi all, thanks to Bob's and other people's suggestions, I'm now able to assign to all elements of an array property in a class module. But what if I need to assign to a *single* element? It looks like I have to Redim it each time... Example: ' Class Module Option Explicit Option Base 1 Private pYValues() As Double ' not sure if this Class_Initialize Sub makes sense: IMO it would ' in other languages, but maybe in VBA is redundant Private Sub Class_Initialize() ReDim pYValues(1) As Double End Sub Public Property Get YValues() As Double() ...

Avoiding writing complex expressions twice
Is there a way to avoid the use of some-complex-expression in thix formula? if(isna(some-complex-expression); 0; some-complex-expression) In some programming languages, 0 means false and any other value means true and the OR(X,Y) actually means: if(X;X;Y). Thus, you can use the OR as a shortcut for this if-statement and avoid notation and evaluation of X, twice. But Exel's OR returns TRUE or FALSE... So: Is there any way to shorten if(isna(some-complex-expression); 0; some-complex-expression) Put the complex expression in another cell, and reference that. =IF(ISNA(A1);0;A1) -- ...

Field Level Help/Notes
I'd like to create some field-level help (notes) for my users. For example, I have created a picklist with several priority values (Business Critical, Urgent, Important, Low, Not Applicable), and would like to clearly define what each of these means. Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished? ------=_NextPart_0001_7724D8DB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. And thanks for not giving up on the newsgroups! Neither the CRM customization nor the SDK customization can do field level "Tool Tips" They are available...

batches in Bank Reconciliation
Would like to see Batch functionality in Bank Reconciliation. You may want to use the product suggestions area of CustomerSource/PartnerSource to enter this suggestion. It's a more formal way of making your suggestion part of the list. "Jerilee" <Jerilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:616D5F60-BF88-4AEE-A417-4CF0FAEE941B@microsoft.com... > Would like to see Batch functionality in Bank Reconciliation. Thanks for the suggestion! The Product Planning team has reviewed your feature suggestion and we will take this under consideration for future p...

Setting Default encryption level via GPO
I have about 400 office/word 2003 users that I need to change the encryption level for. I would like to be able to do this via Group Policy in active directory. Can anyone tell me if that is possible and is there a template available for this? If I can't do it via Group Policy my next alternative would be to modify a registry key via a login script if that is possible. Can anyone help? Thanks ...

Letter Writing assistant error #2
I have some users that receive this error when trying to use the letter writing assistant (employee letters is where this is happening) LWData.RMP is locked for editing by 'another user'. We use Dynamics on a terminal server, 9.0 SQL server 2005. Does anyone know how to correct this? Other users seem to be able to use the same employee letter and do not get this message. -- Doug Sorry, the error message is: LWAData.TMP is locked for editing, I had a typo in my first messasge... -- Doug "Doug" wrote: > I have some users that receive this error when try...

Where to post this program?
I have a Rubik's Cube solver that I wrote a while back. It's a VC++/MFC program using OpenGL. It's a cool looking program, maybe even useful to someone somewhere. I'm looking for a place to post it. I tried SourceForge.net, but becuase of lack of instructions on how to upload the project, I gave up after 3 hours of playing around with some open source CVS program. Anyway here is a link to it: http://www.learnstar.com/AliR/RubiksCube.zip AliR. "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message news:RmfEj.4629$6H.3058@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net......

slow posting
I am in the process of posting a few receivable batches each contains over 5000 transactions, and great plains stop responding. any idea how can i check if the posting is still going? thank you ! From the Menu Bar; click on File and select Process Monitor. File->Process Monitor "hlv" wrote: > I am in the process of posting a few receivable batches each contains > over 5000 transactions, and great plains stop responding. any idea how > can i check if the posting is still going? > > thank you ! > > Go to SQL to the Database Instance where you Company da...

Enabling outline and level functions on a protected worksheet?
Is there a was to preserve the outline/level functions on a protected worksheet? None of the "allow all users to..." elements seem to affect this feature. When protecting a worksheet is necessary for locking certain formula cells, the outline/level functions become inoperative. I have been unable to find the answer in help screens, etc. Does anyone have the key to this mystery? More than likely, you will need to make a VBA Solution. This will require making macros to unprotect the sheet, perform the action, then reprotect the sheet. You will want to provide a custom toolbar fr...

Post 5.5 to 03 Migration Displays wrong Administrative Group in AD
Hello I have a unique problem. We migrated 1 Exchange 5.5 server (Exchange site 5.5 1)to Exchange 2000SP3 and 2 Servers running 5.5 (Exchange Sites 2 & 3) to Exchange 2003 Our WIndows server topology is this One root domain, two child domains 1 Exchange 2000 server in 1 Child domain 2 Exchange 2003 Servers in the second Child domai The Exchange migration track we followed was this The First Child Domain performed an in place upgrade from 5.5 to 0 The Second Child domain (2 Exchange 5.5 Servers 2 Sites) performed an upgrade method in which we installed an Exchange 03 Server into Each 5....

Writing DataSets to XML
Hello I have a DataTable where one of the columns contains XML, when I add it to a DataSet and call WriteXML it automaticaly encodes the XML (e.g. < becomes &lt;) is there an easy way to prevent this encoding from happening? Currently I am having to parse the resultant XML amd swap the encoded values for the original XML. This works ok and produces valid XML but I'm sure its not the best way to do it. Thanks for any ideas All the best Dan Manchester Uni. UK Try microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet <danpowley@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1123175910.205480.302900...

Phishing Confidence Level (PCL)
I've had a few internal mailings lately that have been inadvertently flagged as Spam, and had their links disabled as a result. I understand this is as a result of a high Phishing Confidence Level (PCL) score. Does anyone know at what point on the 1-8 scale Outlook disables the links, and what the rules Exchange uses to assign a PCL score? Thanks, Alex Foley ...

Read/Write a My XML File
I have created a XML File With XmlTextWriter and the result is : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> <Configuration> <Settings> <DbName>DoxWork</DbName> <PathDB>C:\Documents and Settings\v.savino\Desktop\</PathDB> <DbServerName>Server</DbServerName> </Settings> </Configuration> Use XmlTextReader for read XML File.. This is my code : Do While XReader.Read If XReader.NodeType = XmlNodeType.Element Then msgbox XReader.LocalName & " " & ...