Bar codes in GP reports

Can someone offer insight as to how to include bar codes in Great Plains
reports and documents, especially invoices and PO's?

I know there are some true-type font packages out there, and have been
experimenting with them through excel, word, etc.  I have not tried them yet
in GP, but was wondering if there are any tricks, tips, or traps to making
them work.

We are using GP 7.5, soon to upgrade to 8.0.

Thanks for your help.

Greg W
0
GregW (10)

We do a lot of utility and tax billing using the "3 of 9" bar code font.
Make sure you test if with the reader you are using as some variances
between printers and scanners do exist. You may have to adjust size and
spacing accordingly for the hardware used.

"GregW" <GregW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone offer insight as to how to include bar codes in Great Plains
> reports and documents, especially invoices and PO's?
>
> I know there are some true-type font packages out there, and have been
> experimenting with them through excel, word, etc.  I have not tried them
> yet
> in GP, but was wondering if there are any tricks, tips, or traps to making
> them work.
>
> We are using GP 7.5, soon to upgrade to 8.0.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Greg W

0
AAinTX (120)
11/4/2005 5:07:42 PM
Thomas,

Can you provide more details on how you get these barcode fonts on your
report? Do you have to install these fonts?

"Thomas R. Moore" wrote:

> We do a lot of utility and tax billing using the "3 of 9" bar code font.
> Make sure you test if with the reader you are using as some variances
> between printers and scanners do exist. You may have to adjust size and
> spacing accordingly for the hardware used.
>
> "GregW" <GregW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone offer insight as to how to include bar codes in Great Plains
> > reports and documents, especially invoices and PO's?
> >
> > I know there are some true-type font packages out there, and have been
> > experimenting with them through excel, word, etc.  I have not tried them
> > yet
> > in GP, but was wondering if there are any tricks, tips, or traps to making
> > them work.
> >
> > We are using GP 7.5, soon to upgrade to 8.0.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Greg W

0
Jack4963 (284)
11/4/2005 5:26:06 PM
Yes you will have to install the fonts. The are available from a number of
different vendors. Essentially you treat it the same way you would any other
font. Bar coding is really just a different picture of the character you are
displaying. In principal there is no difference between using bar code fonts
as there is times roman or courier or any other font for that matter.

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thomas,
>
> Can you provide more details on how you get these barcode fonts on your
> report? Do you have to install these fonts?
>
> "Thomas R. Moore" wrote:
>
>> We do a lot of utility and tax billing using the "3 of 9" bar code font.
>> Make sure you test if with the reader you are using as some variances
>> between printers and scanners do exist. You may have to adjust size and
>> spacing accordingly for the hardware used.
>>
>> "GregW" <GregW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can someone offer insight as to how to include bar codes in Great
>> > Plains
>> > reports and documents, especially invoices and PO's?
>> >
>> > I know there are some true-type font packages out there, and have been
>> > experimenting with them through excel, word, etc.  I have not tried
>> > them
>> > yet
>> > in GP, but was wondering if there are any tricks, tips, or traps to
>> > making
>> > them work.
>> >
>> > We are using GP 7.5, soon to upgrade to 8.0.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help.
>> >
>> > Greg W

0
AAinTX (120)
11/4/2005 5:38:13 PM
thank you

"Thomas R. Moore" wrote:

> Yes you will have to install the fonts. The are available from a number of
> different vendors. Essentially you treat it the same way you would any other
> font. Bar coding is really just a different picture of the character you are
> displaying. In principal there is no difference between using bar code fonts
> as there is times roman or courier or any other font for that matter.
>
> "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thomas,
> >
> > Can you provide more details on how you get these barcode fonts on your
> > report? Do you have to install these fonts?
> >
> > "Thomas R. Moore" wrote:
> >
> >> We do a lot of utility and tax billing using the "3 of 9" bar code font.
> >> Make sure you test if with the reader you are using as some variances
> >> between printers and scanners do exist. You may have to adjust size and
> >> spacing accordingly for the hardware used.
> >>
> >> "GregW" <GregW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jack4963 (284)
11/4/2005 5:56:14 PM
Jack -

In the past, I've seen where you could print Barcode fonts but not scan
them - and the reason for this was that there were spaces behind the
number. Make sure to trim the spaces behind the PO or SOP numbers or
any other number for that matter. Once you have done this, it also
helps if you put asterisk (*) in front and back of the number. This
indicates the start and end of the number.

Let me know if you have any further quesitons. \

Thanks,

VJ

0
rrs1977 (140)
11/4/2005 8:04:27 PM
Hi Greg,

Our software OctoTools will allow you to reformat (if desired) and print
reports adding barcodes, even PDF417 very easily withany changes in code.
Please look at our PowerPoinr presentation
http://www.jbmsystems.com/octotools-document-management.pps or our web site
www.octotools.com

--
Murray Bob
Murray@jbmsystems.com

Barcoding is a very simple process when you want to just add a baroce for a
simple string.

I am available to help you with any assistance you may need to add any type
of barcodes to your reports and give a technical overview.

"GregW" wrote:

> Can someone offer insight as to how to include bar codes in Great Plains
> reports and documents, especially invoices and PO's?
>
> I know there are some true-type font packages out there, and have been
> experimenting with them through excel, word, etc.  I have not tried them yet
> in GP, but was wondering if there are any tricks, tips, or traps to making
> them work.
>
> We are using GP 7.5, soon to upgrade to 8.0.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Greg W
0
Shariq (273)

Detailed Sales Report Issues
From: "Stephen Zwarts" <stephen.zwarts@immix.co.za> Subject: Detailed Sales Report Issues Date: 09 January 2008 14:14 I have Two Detailed Sales reports, they have exactly the same info on with the exception of store details. As soon as i add Store Details i get an error. Please see error. --------------------------- Active Report --------------------------- Error reading report file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports\Custom - Detailed Sales R...

Linking worksheets after runnning report
O.k. please bear with me for this one I will try my best to explain. I am running a report (layout) using peoplesoft software and it returns the information in excel. When I run the layout the criteria is entered in one row, say A4 for example. The problem is that when I run the report (layout) the information expands. So I now have information in cel A4 - A10 (or wherever the data ends) on my layout worksheet. I want to link the layout worksheet to a different worksheet so I can format it, and display it in a more visually appealing manner. The problem is with the link. Before I...

User Security Report shows accessible items as non-a
Hi, Tech Knowledge 37004 details a problem with User Security Report. It is not scheduled for a fix. I am able to fix the window security by individually checking off the problem windows and then selecting MARK ALL. I have not tested this at a Class level yet and also have been unable to get it to work for Integration Manager file access. My questions: 1) Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue, perhaps at the Report Writer level. 2) Why does sa not have access the the Alternate Great Plains Windows and Reports? What is the difference in these windows/reports? thx, Doug T...

NEWBIE question. Fields with calculations correct on form not showing up on report?
I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows $0's. How do I get the report to show what's on my form? On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:00:37 -0800 (PST), p-rat <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk >types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. > >When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows >$0's. How do I ...

Reports #8
Hello, Has anyone added item "on-hand" and "on-order" to the item movement report? Or maybe you know another report that shows item sales, on-hand and on-order? Thank you. Jim Jim - What is your email address? -- Jocelyn "Jimf" wrote: > Hello, > Has anyone added item "on-hand" and "on-order" to the item movement report? > Or maybe you know another report that shows item sales, on-hand and on-order? > Thank you. > Jim > I would be interested in a report to do the same. Please email to sales@windovers.com Thanks To...

Hello,everybody,the good shoping place,the new year approaching, click in. Let's facelift bar! ===== http://www.madeshopping.net ====
Hello,everybody,the good shoping place,the new year approaching, click in. Let's facelift bar! ===== http://www.madeshopping.net ==== Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33 UGG BOOT $50 Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35 Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35 Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16 Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30 Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16 New era cap $15 Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $25 FREE SHIPPING ...

Conditional Query Data in a Report
Is there a way to include the search criteria from a query in a report? More specifically, I use a date condition in a query to produce a report, and I'd like to add the date entered in the message box to the report. Is there a way to do that? If you are trying to do this using only a query and a report, I'm not familiar with a way. If you want to do this, the one way I know of is to use a form to "collect" the criteria that your query uses, then refer to the value entered in the form from within the report. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "sil...

Jon Peltier's code: can't delete initial series??
I wrote this on my machine running Win XP and XL2002. It worked. I gave it to a friend running Win2000 and XL2000, and it fails on the code to delete the initial series. What else can we do? Ed Sub MakeNewScatterChart() Dim wkb As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long Dim colData As Long Dim cht As Chart Dim chtObj As ChartObject Dim rngData As Range Dim rngXval As Range Dim rngSer As Range Dim strTitle As String ' Get limits of data Set wkb = ActiveWorkbook Set wks = wkb.Sheets(1) LastRow = wks.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row LastCol = wks....

opening unopened workbbok via code
Hi, I posted this question a while ago, but the responses I got wer unfortunately beyond my comprehension as a self-taught VBA'er! My problem was that I wanted to check if a file was open and if no open it before working on it. I developed the following code which seems to work OK. On error Goto Line1 Windows("a").Activate Goto Line2 Line 1: Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\A.xls" Line2: ..... The problem I have is that if I need to check on more than one workboo in one sub (eg "B.xls"), I get an error message "subscript out o range" for the line, W...

Deleting a Company in GP 8.0
I wanted to delete a test company and recreate a new test company with the same ID. However, I accidentally deleted the company through SQL Server 2000's Enterprise Manager before deleting it within Great Plains. Now when I try to create the company in GP Utilities, I get an error message indicating 'This ID has been assigned to another company'. When I try to delete this company in GP, I get an error message indicating the database could not be located in 'sysdatabases'. How can I completely remove this database from GP? Thanks. -- Bob Bob, If you delete the D...

VAT report should be to print without using system password
Currently when print VAT report (used for UK), tools-routines-company-vat return, need to enter system password and then can print report. Should be able to print VAT report without entering system password. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Document Imaging in GP
Does anyone have a document imaging solution that works with GP effectively? We have thousands of paper documents we want to make electronic & need a solution to interact with GP such that records can be referenced from / linked to those in GP. We just demo'd 4 of the products out there and the one that looks like it offers the best frunctionaltiy and is most user friendly is Kwiktag. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com If you don't mind sharing, what are the othe...

Dynamics Utilities Fails when upgrading to GP 9 Service Pack 3
We have a client that is attempting to load GP9 service pack 3. After the install is completed, the machine was rebooted and the dynamics utilites was ran. While utilities is running (the window states "Server Installation Progress"), an error message pops up stating "File Not Found C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\Upgrade\2277\9.0.282\Driver.ini" After this error utilities does not complete and the install fails. I have looked at the directory on this machine and a 9.0.282 folder does not exist. Why is the upgrade looking for it and how can we proceed ...

Date in Report/Query
Hi. I have a report that has worked up until this past week. The query behind the report has the following expression: DateAuth: Format([CredAuthDate],"mm/dd/yy") If I type in 12/31/09....report works fine. Type in anything with "10" as the year and it fails. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I take off the format for the field it works. Is something different for the year 2010? This is an Access 2003 database. Thanks... I suggest applying criteria to an 'unformatted' field and turn off the display by unchecking the 'Sh...

Oracle and Dynamics GP
Is it possible to transfer data in both directions between an Oracle database and Dynamics GP? Hi George, What system is populating the Oracle db? And what GP version are you on? What transactions do you want to integrate from each system? How regularly - in real-time or at specific intervals? To what degree do you want to automate it - should ppl be involved? GP provides eConnect to integrate as a type of Table API for scripted integration. GP9 version includes Web Services for integration (now called Developer Toolkit) GP also provides IntegrationManager for manual (user-assisted) int...

Smartlist Builder Smartlist based on new View in SQL 2008 with GP
Hi there, I created one smartlist based on a view in SQL 2008. Smartlist is ok and working fine with my user id and sa. But when I give security access to other users, they can see the Smartlist Option but when they click it they get error message that don't have rights to one of the table used in this smartlist. I also have given them Grants through SQL Server. But no effect. What is the problem? Naseer, Check my article on the subject at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/12/smartlist-builder-security-for-sql.html. It explains an issue similar to the one you are havin...

Inventory Historical usage report
Does any one know what table or tables hold the Inventory uasge history. I am trying to write a report that will show toatl number of inventory items sold by year for each item number. I am on GP 9.0. I know this information is veiw by item number in the system but i need to get it out to excel asap. Thank you Ken You should be able to pull this information from the Inventory Transactions Amount History table (IV30300). You will have to summarize by year as you described where HSTMODUL = 'SOP'. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http...

Standard Reports on CRM 3.0
I am trying to setup CRM 3.0; I have set it up on sql 2005 and migrated the data from ACT with no errors. when I click on reports in workplace a message is displayed - an error has occurred - contact the system administrator. I ran the environment diagnostic tool and no errors appeared. Can anybody point me in the right direction to resolve this. For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log onto the Microsoft CRM Server. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed. Open the web.config and chang...

Add chart
Hi, Can anybody find what is wrong with this code? It will just make a empty chartobject. I believe the ranges are ok, it probably is some bad syntax or object reference... The code should make a chart with two series of xlColumnClustered and one serie of xlLineMarkers. Thank you /tskogstrom --------------------------------------- CODE: Sub UppdateChartCF() Dim cht As Chart Set cht = Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Chart On Error Resume Next '(if no chartobject) Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Delete On Error GoTo EndCode 'Left and Top location = named ranges With Shee...

Microsoft Shortcut Bar
I can't find the shortcut bar in Office 2003? What gives? M S B Office 2003 was "improved" by removing the office shortcut bar. The osb from an earlier version will work in 2003 ( I'm told). You can also use the quick launch toolbar in windows as a substitute or look for a third party utility. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA P.S. - OfficeXP was improved by removing office binder. "Microsoft Shortcut Bar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8589232-F585-4C9D-8F63-FA8B0AB63315@microsoft.com... > I can't find the shortcut ...

Alphabetizing the navigation bar
Has anyone had any luck with sorting the left navbar? We have about 40 accounts in there, and I really just want to alphabetize them. I can't seem to figure out any rhyme or reason to how they are displaying...it's not alphabetical, by create date, etc. Any help out there? I should mention that I mean the navbar on the contact entity form. We were able to sort the main navbar by using sitemap, but can't seem to figure out how to sort them on the contact entity forms (among others, such as invoices). "Mark" wrote: > Has anyone had any luck with sorting the l...

Figuring sql server version via code
Hi Is it possible to check in .net; 1. If sql server 2008 express is installed on a machine? 2. The name of sql server 2008 express instance or instances? 3. If a particular sql server 2008 express instance contains a specific database? Many Thanks Regards You can use several methods to enumerate SQL Server instances. Here are a couple: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a6t1z9x2.aspx http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=45 To determine whether a specific instance contains a certain database, you can connect to the instance's master databa...

Daily Sales Report #2
Hi, I work in a retail outlet that opens at 10:00 am and stays open until around 12:30/01:00am the next day. When we run the daily sales report it will only pick up from 12-12midnight. Due to this we have a headache in Finance trying to tally up the figures. Is there anyway to specify the time and date from a report in RMS or do I need to look at some other reporting software? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Regards Ken Hi Ken, My company, Professional Advantages has Analysis Cubes for RMS. This product is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering anal...

Report codes for Matrix Parent
I'm preparing for an upgrade from QS2000 and would like to know if th following is possible. I'm testing the demo version of RMS an imported my database. I'm a shoe and apparel store and matrixes ar very important to us. My reseller has recommended the Retail Real Fashion bundle, but I would like to try something else in th meantime.. I've modified a Detailed Item Sales report and would like to ad columns for the following items associated with the Matrix Paren Item Matrix Lookup Cod Matrix Descriptio Matrix Dimension 1 (I want to see the value associated with Chil item I...

Report loading pictures base on value...
Dear all, I have a report(labels) that have 5 textboxes with single value from either 0 to 9. so text box 1 could be 5, and text box 2 could be 8, and so on...So when a text box is with a certain value, i want it to load an image. so if text box 5 has a value of five, I want it to load image 5. I looked everywhere but couldn't find the answer. I think i have a concept but cannot code it...Please help. Thanks in advance. i'm looking to use: select case (expression - don't know how to start) case 1 load image 1 case 2 load image 2 case 3 load image 3 and so on... Thanks...