Bank Transaction Entry -- SQL Error

Hello,

When our user are attempting to enter a Bank Transaction Entry, they are
getting the following error when they hit "Post"

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER][SQL SERVER] Error converting data type
int to smallint.

When that error message is closed, the following pops up:

The stored procedure aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoidedTRX returned the
following results:  DBMS: 8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114

FYI, we are on SQL Server SP3.  Anyone seen this kind of error before?  Any
suggestions?  Thanks

0
T_Rock (1)

More important is to know what version, build number of GP you are running.
You want to make sure you are running the latest service pack or hotfix for
the version of GP you are currently running to make sure the issue has not
already been taken care of. By the way, this error is with an Analytical
Accounting database stored procedure.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"T_Rock" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When our user are attempting to enter a Bank Transaction Entry, they are
> getting the following error when they hit "Post"
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER][SQL SERVER] Error converting data type
> int to smallint.
>
> When that error message is closed, the following pops up:
>
> The stored procedure aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoidedTRX returned the
> following results:  DBMS: 8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114
>
> FYI, we are on SQL Server SP3.  Anyone seen this kind of error before?  Any
> suggestions?  Thanks

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/11/2009 5:07:02 PM
Thank you for your quick response, Mariano.

We are currently on GP version 9.00.0310.  I will install the latest service
pack on our test server and have a go.  I will let you know if that fixes the
issue.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> More important is to know what version, build number of GP you are running.
> You want to make sure you are running the latest service pack or hotfix for
> the version of GP you are currently running to make sure the issue has not
> already been taken care of. By the way, this error is with an Analytical
> Accounting database stored procedure.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "T_Rock" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > When our user are attempting to enter a Bank Transaction Entry, they are
> > getting the following error when they hit "Post"
> >
> > [Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER][SQL SERVER] Error converting data type
> > int to smallint.
> >
> > When that error message is closed, the following pops up:
> >
> > The stored procedure aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoidedTRX returned the
> > following results:  DBMS: 8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114
> >
> > FYI, we are on SQL Server SP3.  Anyone seen this kind of error before?  Any
> > suggestions?  Thanks

0
TRock1 (2)
5/11/2009 5:15:02 PM
Ok, we are now on version 9.00.0352 of GP.  Unfortunately, we are still
getting the same error(s) as above.

"T_Rock" wrote:

> Thank you for your quick response, Mariano.
>
> We are currently on GP version 9.00.0310.  I will install the latest service
> pack on our test server and have a go.  I will let you know if that fixes the
> issue.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > More important is to know what version, build number of GP you are running.
> > You want to make sure you are running the latest service pack or hotfix for
> > the version of GP you are currently running to make sure the issue has not
> > already been taken care of. By the way, this error is with an Analytical
> > Accounting database stored procedure.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "T_Rock" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > When our user are attempting to enter a Bank Transaction Entry, they are
> > > getting the following error when they hit "Post"
> > >
> > > [Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER][SQL SERVER] Error converting data type
> > > int to smallint.
> > >
> > > When that error message is closed, the following pops up:
> > >
> > > The stored procedure aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoidedTRX returned the
> > > following results:  DBMS: 8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114
> > >
> > > FYI, we are on SQL Server SP3.  Anyone seen this kind of error before?  Any
> > > suggestions?  Thanks

0
TRock1 (2)

Receipt not in Item Transaction Inquiry
I have a client that uses project accounting. They have received against a purchase order. The receipt shows up in the Purchase Receipts Inquiry, but does not show up in the Item Transaction Inquiry. What could be causing this? ...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

SQL View with Smartlist Builder
I am having to recreate Anyviews (GP8) into Smartlists (GP10SP3). Not very happy. Many of our Smartlist require the use of SQL views do to the limitations of Anyview and now Smartlist. It appears that I must create a separate Smartlist for each company I wish to use my sql view with. Is there not a way to include a custom SQL view in Smartlist, and have Smartlist use the company the user is logged into? The view exist in each company database. Can this be done with SQL Reporting server and DynamicsGP? Can I pull a report based on the company db the user is logged into? Thanks for the...

US and UK online banking affiliates
I am thinking about buying MS Money 2004 to assist in managing my personal finances, but I have accounts in the US and the UK. Can Money cope with this? It looks like there are US and UK versions and a UK international version (I have downloaded and played with the trial version), but I can't figure out if it does what I want it to if you buy the US version you have access to some US banks, If you buy the UK version, you have access to some UK banks. If you buy the international version, I don't think there are any banks !! "Jo" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

error 553

80070005 error #2

Outlook to SQL
The problem is this I'm trying to get my Contact list that was created on a Exchange Server to a SQL table. How do I do this with keeping the Database created in SQL up-to-date via Outlook. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm and = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/groupcontacts.htm for tools to help with = this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "ErikSQLConfuser" <ErikSQLConfuser@discussions.microsoft.com...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

Integration Transactions Pls help
Can anyone let me know how much time does the integration manager takes to upload a 10,000 lines(SOP) into GP There are two methods of importing SOP transactions. One uses the SQL optimized adapter and one does not. The method used depends upon the data you would need to map. There are some fields and business logic not available with the SQL adapter. But, assuming you are using the SQL adapter, you should be able to import 10,000 transactions in about 60 minutes or less. If you are using the other one, start it and go home for the night. It will take hours. If you have some reso...

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...

Automatically open Detail Entry Window
In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this with Modifier or VBA? Extender would come in very handy. You don't need to write a single code. Record a macro using GP macro and embed it on the SOP Entry window using Extender. "Elaine" wrote: > In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to > open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How > would I go about doi...

CRM Error

Downloaded transactions assigned incorrect payee
Money 2003 Delux is auto-assigning the wrong payee to transactions that are downloaded from my bank. Money is using the last payee in the list (prior to downloading new transactions) and assigning that payee to all new transactions. Is this some sort of "productivity" feature that I can turn off (I'd prefer to shoot it in the head), or is it a bug or data file corruption? Cheers, Scott ...

LDAP Address Book
I use LDAP for my address book lookup. When I try to lookup an address it comes back with "Unable to display results because too many entries in the Internet Directory match your search criteria" Any ideas what is wrong? It works just fine in Windows 2000 but not with XP. ...

smtp authentification errors
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2003. It all works fine. I=B4m now=20 retrieving the emails via pop-con and pop3. However I=20 cannot send any authenticicated emails, because the=20 exchange server sends a wrong authentification account to=20 the mail provider, despite the fact, that the right one to=20 be used is enterd. The mail provider tells me that he recives a smtp call,=20 but it=B4s aborted by his server. We do not have a static IP but a dynamic IP, that changes=20 every 24 hours. If a messages is sent to an existing hotmail account the=20 following error message is displayed in the ...