Bank Rec void check date s/b same as GL void date

When voiding a check in the payables management module and the Void date and
Posting date are changed from the original check date, Bank reconciliation
should recognize that void date instead of the original check date as the
voided date. Please refer to Knowledgebase Article 857704 to see how Ban Rec
handles the date of a void check.

If a check is voided in Payables Mgmt on a different date than the original
date, and bank rec uses the original date trying to reconcile to the general
ledger is a problem because the adjusted bank book balance is different than
the GL balance becuase the O/S Checks total does not include the check voided
in the following period. It takes a bit of research to find the discrepancy.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=da1bb097-24a7-467a-b671-84fdc281f69d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Viala (1)

Date construct with DatePart is kicking my.... well, you know.
Private Sub cmdCreatePath_Click() Dim strDateCons As String <bunch of my code that is (surprisingly) working like it should> strDateCons = DatePart(yyyy, Me.txtDateEntered) & "-" & DatePart(mm, Me.txtDateEntered) & _ "-" & DatePart(dd, Me.txtDateEntered) Debug.Print strDateCons End Sub When I click the magic button... nuffin'! I get an error message that states "Compile error: Variable not defined" and it highlights the 'yyyy' part of my first DatePart statement. What I actually wanted it to do was to take the date ...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

date #4
Hi All I live in South Africa, and I have an interesting problem that persists in Excel 2003 and 2007. =TEXT(NOW(),"dd mmm yyyy") returns 15 Dec 2006 =month(now()) returns 12 =text(month(now()),"MMMM") returns January =year(now()) returns 2006 =text(year(now()),"yyyy") returns 1905 Why would this be? Thanks Chris Chris, =text(month(now()),"MMMM") should be =text(now(),"MMMM") and =text(year(now()),"yyyy") should be =text(now(),"yyyy") or just =year(now()) Otherwise, you are calcing the month of the 12th day afte...

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

How to show the month of the referenced cell (containing a date)
If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will give me the following result: "Feb - 08" I tried =Month(a2)......but I just get the number of the month. Thanks. =TEXT(A2,"mmm - yy") Or simply =A2 with the cell custom formatted mmm - yy HTH. Best wishes Harald "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> skrev i melding news:165b03da-19ba-40b8-b9fe-77b17ef045b5@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will > give me the following result: > > "Feb - 08&...

Cashbook Bank Management
I am facing a problem every time I creat and save a TTF payment type of CBM, can any one help or any one encounter this issue, more details below: - Creat CBM Batch - Creat Payment type TTF fof GL, AR, AP - Save this entry - Close window - Check Setup for checkbook in CBM, you will find TTF sequence damaged or empty. -- Project Manager ZFP-IT +966503855729 ...

Re: Sharepoint and PST's
Good news! Microsoft has released a hotfix that adds a registry value = named AlwaysAllowSharePointPST to support links to SharePoint even with = DisablePST is set. See = http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;897658 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message = news:... Since DisablePST doesn't disable the opening of existing PST files, = w...

What's the function of folder subscription in MS Outlook 2003
Hi, I would like my MS Outlook to show all imap folders in my account, but to run routine updating only on my inbox folder. I would like each of my folders to be updated only when I choose a folder. I checked my folder list and identified a distinction between "all" folders and "subscribed folders". For some reason, all my folders were already subscribed. I've unsubscribed from my folders, but the complete list keeps showing up. Is there anything wrong with my folder list routine, or is my logic erronous? Please suggest a solution? Ran ...

GL Posting date is missing or invalid error message
Hello, When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window, we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing' The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has never been posted. We are running GP 8.00g34 What is causing this & how do we fix it? Thanks Did you recently change your pos...

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

HOWTO Make CDialog's with ActiveX in a LIB.
HOWTO Make CDialog's with ActiveX in a LIB. Please help, I'm having a heck of a time trying to get a CDialog derrived class host a single ActiveX control (the CWebBrowser control), from a static LIB. When the OnInitDialog for the class call's CDialog::OnInitDialog it bombs inside the DoDataExchange for the DDX_Control of the control. Specifically at dlgdata.cpp line 43, with the following ASSERT: TRACE(traceAppMsg, 0, "Error: no data exchange control with ID 0x%04X.\n", nIDC); The reason why this ASSERT fails is because the CDialog's "m_pCtrlCont" i...

How do I stop Excel from deleting the Window's Clipboard Contents
Note: This is with the Office Clipboard turned OFF! For example, If I write the following in 5 cells in Excel. [Hello ][My ][Name ][Is ][Fred ] Then I Copy (CTRL+C) the Cells: [Is ] and [Fred ] to the Clipboard... Then I press [Esc] (there are a dozen other ways to do this, but, this is the simplest) Now, I go to any cell, anywhere in my workbook, and press Paste (CTRL+V)... No Data... If I open up Notepad... Paste (CTRL+V).... No Data... Excel has *decided* for me, that I want to delete the Window's Clipboard Contents. Although I ha...

Dynamically inserting popup menu into MDI app when there's a CView
I have an MFC MDI app. It has the standard IDR_MAINFRAME main menu, and one type of CView defined with its own IDR_AITYPE menu. Now I have to detect whether a custom DLL is loaded, and if so an extra popup menu is added to the main menu, defined & controlled from the DLL. I can modify the IDR_MAINFRAME menu from the mainframe's OnCreate handler. I call the DLL, which loads the custom menu resource & does an InsertMenu into the window's menu. This works well. But I can't figure out how (or where) to insert the popup menu into the main menu when a CView is active & re...

Date Formula #3
I am having difficulty with the "NOW" formula. What I would like for it to do is when I enter a value in one cell have it update in another cell the date when the information was entered and that date stay permanenty. What I am having is the date changes to the current date everyday. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Todd You can do it with the change event of the worksheet This example will place the date/time in the B column if you change a cell in the range A1:A20. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab and choose ...

Enable Double sided printing contiuously when printing multiple s.
When printing the 'entire workbook' I am not able to print continuously double sided. Each seperate sheet is an individual print item and so when the sheet has an odd number of pages the last sheet is blank I am not sure what you say but if the sheet has no data then it will not print. Excel does not print blanke sheets. >-----Original Message----- >When printing the 'entire workbook' I am not able to print continuously >double sided. Each seperate sheet is an individual print item and so when the >sheet has an odd number of pages the last sheet is blank &g...

How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0
I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland. Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks. Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks. 1) Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0 2) Great Plains Dynamics Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe. Thanks, John John, From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains. That's the one with the check in the middle, stub on t...

calculating quantity on hand based on date-time stamp
Hello: I am always unclear on the proper syntax for pulling date-related data. I need to pull a field in my query, below, based on the field called "IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I". This is the date in which an end user changed the cost of an item. To give you some background, the IV00102 table in my query below is the Item Quantity Master table, while the IV00118 table is the Item Cost Change History table. The field that I want to pull based on that date field is the IV00102.QTYONHND field. This field is the inventory quantity on hand field. How would I format the syntax bel...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

SUMIFS with Dates
I have a conditional SUMIFS Detail Sheet Type Date Qty Credit 2/1/10 1 Sales 2/2/10 2 Credit 2/15/10 3 Summary Sheet Week # Start Date End Date Credits Sales 1 2/1/10 2/5/10 1 2 2 2/8/10 2/15/10 3 0 So, basicallay I am summing the Credit column if the Detail is Type Credit and the Date is >= the Start Date on the line and the End Date <= the Date on the line. Same for Sales. However, as simple as it seems, it just seems not lo l...

email sent/received dates
Hi, I'm using MSN Premium included with Verizon DSL and decided to take advantage of the 2g email storage and outlook connector for msn. Got it set up and working. I created a new folder to archive some email before I copy it to the archive pst on my pc so I can search it remotely. No problems. Today, I noticed all my dates changed on sent and received email that I moved. Worse, the header in the email (that outlook displays) shows this new date and doesn't reflect the original email date. I was moving mail from our company exchange server that was ready to be deleted to this fo...

Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, I've modified the format in the system settings screen to be "English (United Kingdom)", however all dates are still appearing in US format. Even when you expand the calendar control it displays incorrectly. Numeric values are correct - showing the pound sign and correct decimal point. I've restarted IIS, made sure all SQL logins are British English and the default regional settings of the server are set to British English. Even rebooted the server but this still hasn't corrected the problem. Can anybody tell me how to resolve this please Thanks I was looking ...

range color from date and database
newbie done some homework on excel i would like to have a range change color based on date and time and a name from a database--or any suggestion for example if it is thursday and the time is betweeen 1 and 3 pm i want the range to be say light red if out of tinme range i want it to be light green also the cell above the range as long as time constraints are met to have a name from a datasource any suggestions or ideas apprciated i need to have data from either a database or from say another sheet where user can enter a form the data from the datasource would fill range values a...

where are outlook's folders?
Hi, I made a lot of folder in outlook, and now I want to work with them using a file manager, like Total Commander or Windows explorer, but I can't find them. Where are the folders? This is an XP pro system. Thanks, Avery They are all inside a single file called Outlook.pst. That single file is all a file manager will see. To work with the contents of that file, you will need to use Outlook, AFAIK. "~ Avery Anderson~" wrote: > Hi, > I made a lot of folder in outlook, and now I want to work with them using a > file manager, like Total Commander or Windows exp...

How do I manually zero a Bank Balance?
I last performed an online download for one of my credit card accounts in FEB 08. In MAR 08, I paid the entire balance and closed the account. The bank cut off my online access when the account was closed, so I am unable to perform another online download which would reflect payment in full and zero the balance. As far as I can tell, I am stuck with an incorrect nonzero Bank Balance for this card forever. Short of deleting the account, is there a way to manually zero a balance created by online update? In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >I last performed an online download for ...