Bank Deposit #3

We would like to suggest being able to create multiple bank deposits from the
Bank Deposit Entry window.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f3f4cb3-e7f4-4d76-b126-eed0ea7ac1e7&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Carol,

You can do that now!

Open the window and select the items that make up your first deposit.
Post it. Open the window again and select more items to make up the
next deposit. Post it.

What would you have different?

--
Lyle U

Carol Nolasco wrote:

> We would like to suggest being able to create multiple bank deposits
> from the Bank Deposit Entry window.
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
> the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
> click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
> button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
> Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow
> ser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f3f4cb3-e7f4-4d76-b126-eed0ea7ac1e7&dg=mic
> rosoft.public.greatplains
0
lyleu (305)
6/19/2007 5:45:30 AM
Here is an instance where multiple deposits wont work:

If I deposit my pay check and my tax refund at the bank than this is one
bank deposit.

However if I use two deposits in money then when my bank syncs with money I
will not beable to associate one transaction and this leads to problems with
balances etc.  I suggest a way to have multiple Payee's in the
"split/details" section.

Also with the current config if I use the IRS as the overall payee and I use
the various tax catagories, even though this is from the paycheck part of my
deposit, then those taxes will have the IRS as the payee assicaiated with
them.  This screws up the various reports avialbe with money, not to mention
the interaction with turbotax or other tax software.

"Lyle U" wrote:

> Carol,
>
> You can do that now!
>
> Open the window and select the items that make up your first deposit.
> Post it. Open the window again and select more items to make up the
> next deposit. Post it.
>
> What would you have different?
>
> --
> Lyle U
>

> Carol Nolasco wrote:
>
> > We would like to suggest being able to create multiple bank deposits
> > from the Bank Deposit Entry window.
> >
> > ----------------
> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
> > the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
> > click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
> > button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
> > Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow
> > ser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f3f4cb3-e7f4-4d76-b126-eed0ea7ac1e7&dg=mic
> > rosoft.public.greatplains

And you are using Great Plains for your personal banking module?

Anyhow - the payee on a bank deposit entry is the entity that drew the
check -- so if you get a check from the IRS, then the payee will be the IRS

"philfromwaterbury" <philfromwaterbury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:973BD316-DF22-4605-8510-EE1E63E91715@microsoft.com...
> Here is an instance where multiple deposits wont work:
>
> If I deposit my pay check and my tax refund at the bank than this is one
> bank deposit.
>
> However if I use two deposits in money then when my bank syncs with money
> will not beable to associate one transaction and this leads to problems
> with
> balances etc.  I suggest a way to have multiple Payee's in the
> "split/details" section.
>
> Also with the current config if I use the IRS as the overall payee and I
> use
> the various tax catagories, even though this is from the paycheck part of
> my
> deposit, then those taxes will have the IRS as the payee assicaiated with
> them.  This screws up the various reports avialbe with money, not to
> mention
> the interaction with turbotax or other tax software.
>
> "Lyle U" wrote:
>
>> Carol,
>>
>> You can do that now!
>>
>> Open the window and select the items that make up your first deposit.
>> Post it. Open the window again and select more items to make up the
>> next deposit. Post it.
>>
>> What would you have different?
>>
>> --
>> Lyle U
>>

>> Carol Nolasco wrote:
>>
>> > We would like to suggest being able to create multiple bank deposits
>> > from the Bank Deposit Entry window.
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
>> > the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
>> > click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
>> > button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
>> > Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow
>> > ser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f3f4cb3-e7f4-4d76-b126-eed0ea7ac1e7&dg=mic
>> > rosoft.public.greatplains

0
gailr (88)
8/8/2007 5:36:27 PM
I am not using great plains.

yes the IRS is ONE payee and my employer the second.

Put another way.  Lets say I work at Walmart and Staples.

I get a paycheck from each and deposit them at the same time at my bank.

When microsoft money then communcates with my bank there is only one deposit
transaction for BOTH checks.  However if I can only use one payee in
microsoft money even though I deposited checks from two different payees.
The program then associates the net pay, taxes etc with the payee entered in
microsoft money although I actully had two checks deposited at the same time.

"Gail Richner" wrote:

> And you are using Great Plains for your personal banking module?
>
> Anyhow - the payee on a bank deposit entry is the entity that drew the
> check -- so if you get a check from the IRS, then the payee will be the IRS
>

> "philfromwaterbury" <philfromwaterbury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:973BD316-DF22-4605-8510-EE1E63E91715@microsoft.com...
> > Here is an instance where multiple deposits wont work:
> >
> > If I deposit my pay check and my tax refund at the bank than this is one
> > bank deposit.
> >
> > However if I use two deposits in money then when my bank syncs with money
> > will not beable to associate one transaction and this leads to problems
> > with
> > balances etc.  I suggest a way to have multiple Payee's in the
> > "split/details" section.
> >
> > Also with the current config if I use the IRS as the overall payee and I
> > use
> > the various tax catagories, even though this is from the paycheck part of
> > my
> > deposit, then those taxes will have the IRS as the payee assicaiated with
> > them.  This screws up the various reports avialbe with money, not to
> > mention
> > the interaction with turbotax or other tax software.
> >
> > "Lyle U" wrote:
> >
> >> Carol,
> >>
> >> You can do that now!
> >>
> >> Open the window and select the items that make up your first deposit.
> >> Post it. Open the window again and select more items to make up the
> >> next deposit. Post it.
> >>
> >> What would you have different?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Lyle U

Phil,

You are in a newsgroup dedicated to Great Plains Accounting,Dynamics
GP, or whatever they are going to change the name to next week!!~!

--
Lyle U

philfromwaterbury wrote:

> I am not using great plains.
>
> yes the IRS is ONE payee and my employer the second.
>
> Put another way.  Lets say I work at Walmart and Staples.
>
> I get a paycheck from each and deposit them at the same time at my
> bank.
>
> When microsoft money then communcates with my bank there is only one
> deposit transaction for BOTH checks.  However if I can only use one
> payee in microsoft money even though I deposited checks from two
> different payees.  The program then associates the net pay, taxes etc
> with the payee entered in microsoft money although I actully had two
> checks deposited at the same time.
>
> "Gail Richner" wrote:
>
> > And you are using Great Plains for your personal banking module?
> >
> > Anyhow - the payee on a bank deposit entry is the entity that drew
> > the check -- so if you get a check from the IRS, then the payee
> > will be the IRS
> >

> > "philfromwaterbury" <philfromwaterbury@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message
> > > Here is an instance where multiple deposits wont work:
> > >
> > > If I deposit my pay check and my tax refund at the bank than this
> > > is one bank deposit.
> > >
> > > However if I use two deposits in money then when my bank syncs
> > > with money I
> > > will not beable to associate one transaction and this leads to
> > > problems with
> > > balances etc.  I suggest a way to have multiple Payee's in the
> > > "split/details" section.
> > >
> > > Also with the current config if I use the IRS as the overall
> > > payee and I use
> > > the various tax catagories, even though this is from the paycheck
> > > part of my
> > > deposit, then those taxes will have the IRS as the payee
> > > assicaiated with them.  This screws up the various reports
> > > avialbe with money, not to mention
> > > the interaction with turbotax or other tax software.

> > deposit.  >> Post it. Open the window again and select more items
> > to make up the >> next deposit. Post it.

> > deposits >> > from the Bank Deposit Entry window.

> > responds to >> > the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for
> > this suggestion, >> > click the "I Agree" button in the message
> > pane. If you do not see the >> > button, follow this link to open
> > the suggestion in the Microsoft >> > Web-based Newsreader and then
> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.  >> >
> > >> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbr
> > ow >> >
> > ser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f3f4cb3-e7f4-4d76-b126-eed0ea7ac1e7&dg=m
> > ic >> > rosoft.public.greatplains >>

0
lyleu (305)
8/9/2007 3:30:47 AM
Don't know as your questions and comments are in a discussion of Great
Plains Accounting Bank Deposits which have absolutely nothing to do with MS
Money

"philfromwaterbury" <philfromwaterbury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8D91137A-8BE6-4FB8-A74F-5E8781D5B08C@microsoft.com...
>I am not using great plains.
>
> yes the IRS is ONE payee and my employer the second.
>
> Put another way.  Lets say I work at Walmart and Staples.
>
> I get a paycheck from each and deposit them at the same time at my bank.
>
> When microsoft money then communcates with my bank there is only one
> deposit
> transaction for BOTH checks.  However if I can only use one payee in
> microsoft money even though I deposited checks from two different payees.
> The program then associates the net pay, taxes etc with the payee entered
> in
> microsoft money although I actully had two checks deposited at the same
> time.
>
> "Gail Richner" wrote:
>
>> And you are using Great Plains for your personal banking module?
>>
>> Anyhow - the payee on a bank deposit entry is the entity that drew the
>> check -- so if you get a check from the IRS, then the payee will be the
>> IRS
>>

>> "philfromwaterbury" <philfromwaterbury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:973BD316-DF22-4605-8510-EE1E63E91715@microsoft.com...
>> > Here is an instance where multiple deposits wont work:
>> >
>> > If I deposit my pay check and my tax refund at the bank than this is
>> > one
>> > bank deposit.
>> >
>> > However if I use two deposits in money then when my bank syncs with
>> > money
>> > will not beable to associate one transaction and this leads to problems
>> > with
>> > balances etc.  I suggest a way to have multiple Payee's in the
>> > "split/details" section.
>> >
>> > Also with the current config if I use the IRS as the overall payee and
>> > use
>> > the various tax catagories, even though this is from the paycheck part
>> > of
>> > my
>> > deposit, then those taxes will have the IRS as the payee assicaiated
>> > with
>> > them.  This screws up the various reports avialbe with money, not to
>> > mention
>> > the interaction with turbotax or other tax software.

0
gailr (88)

CRM 3.0 Removing a Subject Level
We currently have 3 levels in our subject tree. We are looking at integretion with Great Plains and we had set it up originally with only 2 levels. What are the ramifications with removing a subject level? Does and item revert up to its parent subject? Thanks so much for your assistance! Shauna Shauna You cannot remove any subjects that are linked to other objects. So Step 1 is to re-link all the other objects to the new subject you want to link them to. No mean feat! Probably only doable on an industrial scale by (unsupported but reasonably safe ) direct database updates. Take a go...

Palmgren 91121 3/8-to-1-Inch 20 Gauge 1/2-Inch Medium Crown Stapler
Price:$95.00 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B00068U894 Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B00068U894 Well-balanced and lightweight, the Palmgren 3/8-to-1-Inch 20-Gauge 1/2-Inch Medium Crown Stapler allow operators to work more quickly and with less fatigue. It drives 1/2-inch crown, 20-gauge staples from 3/8-to-1-inch long. This oiless design eliminates daily oiling and oil stains on workpiece. Made of lightweight aluminum, the gun body features an ergonomic design with rubber grip handle to minimize operator fatigue. The 100-staple capacity, bottom l...

Retraction about Wachovia Bank, NA
Recently, I posted info on this newsgroup stating that Wachovia Bank, NA was having a problem with it's Microsoft certified two way online services as offered through Microsoft Money via MSN. Please understand that this was posted after an officer of Wachovia Bank told me, over the telephone, that the bank was in fact having this problem. After thorough examination by both the bank and myself, it turns out that this is not the case. The problem is with my particular Money Deluxe and Business 2003 installation on my computer. My apologies to anyone who took action of ANY kind in respons...

Bank of America Credit Card
When I try to add a new account (credit card) my credit card is not listed. I am trying to open up a new account for my Bank Of America credit card. I have the one that is universal (as in not the CA or ID one). If any can offer any advice on how to add this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks I am too looking to the answer to this question. Any help would be appreciated. "John Doe" wrote: > When I try to add a new account (credit card) my credit > card is not listed. I am trying to open up a new account > for my Bank Of America credit card. I have the one that...

Message size limit #3
I am running a new Exchange 2003 server. My users run Outlook 2000 at their workstations. Since the new server was installed any attachment or email larger than ten megs is not sent. Instead the user trying to send gets a pop-up stating "The message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user." I've checked all of the users who have complained of this problem and none of them have any file size limitations placed on their IDs or mailboxes. Is there some global setting I'm overlooking? Also, users being sent large attachments (10 meg or bigger) from the...

native mode #3
Hi When I'm going to place place where I can change my Exchange 2003 to native operation mode; I dont' have acces to the change button (the button is not clickable) This server has been upgraded from Exchange 5.5 a year ago (I know it's been a long time but I haven't noticed that the server was operating in mixed-mode until today) What can I do to have access to this button ? thanks ...

Macro Button #3
I used to have a button on a toolbar that I clicked and made a new button in an excel worksheet that I could assign a macro to. It's not on my toolbar anymore, and I have no idea what toolbar menu to look in to find it. Anybody know? It's part of the Forms buttons - go View>Toolbars>Customize and Commands tab and locate the Forms section and scroll down to find it. Richard <bert2be@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8764fb71-e8a7-4ea4-89dc-8ce8a1bd7fdf@b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I used to have a button on a toolbar that I clicked and made a new > button in an ...

Large Attachments #3
How do I send a large attachment via e-mail. Something like 50Mb up too 250Mb. Is this possible to send via e- mail? They are video presentation for my work. >-----Original Message----- >How do I send a large attachment via e-mail. Something >like 50Mb up too 250Mb. Is this possible to send via e- >mail? They are video presentation for my work. >. >try this It all depends on what type of server both you and the recipient are on. There are two limits here to deal with, 1) your mail servers attachment limits, and b) the recipient's mail server attachment limits. ...

Password Problem #3
I had to rebuild my computer after a hard drive crash and despite the fact thet my MS Money 2002 was synchronized with my .net passport account, I cannot acces my money file now. It does not accept any password I type in. I am positive that there were no passwords for my file. I downloaded the Accent Money Password recovery program and it tells me that the file is "not password protected" I need help in resoving this issue, Thanks Zameer In microsoft.public.money, Zameer wrote: >I had to rebuild my computer after a hard drive crash and >despite the fact thet my M...

CRM 3.0
When installing 3.0, you specify the outbound e-mail settings (xch server, smtp settings, etc). Anyone know where the CRM stashes this information? I'd like to be able to modify it without having to repair the CRM installation. Thanks in advance. Dave in the registry on the crm web server hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/mscrm ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:OPRBx5ELGHA.984@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When installing 3.0, yo...

CRM 3.0 is very slow when seiding an email
Hi, I have got a Strange problem in CRM 3.0. It is working fine normally, but when i execute an email quick campaign or send an email, the CRM System is responding very slowly and also when i try to access records / try to refresh the grid, i am getting SQL Server Time out expiry error frequently. The Quick campaign are also executing very slowly, it is sending 1-2 emails per minute. Note: The CRM System was functioning smoothly till yesterday. Thanks and Regards, Bharath V V ...

how can i format a cell with 3 diffrent group to add
in Excell Iam trying to make it add the number after 3 different groups. Each cell I will input pa,pp,pn to be seperated on a lower cell but after pa or pp or pn there will be a number to add like pn 1, pp2, pa5 . on a lower cell below the inputs i will have 3 cells that will add up the pa's , pp's, pn's . Example on wednesday: pa used 2 hours ,pa also used 4 , pn used 7 , pp used 3.2 hours and pn used 5 hours. On my end result on my botttom sheet on this wednesday it will add all the pa's , pp's and pn's which should come out to pa6, pp3.2 and pn ...

CRM 4 Outlook Client Upgrade from 3.0
I was wondering is anyone else is ecountering problems upgrading the CRM Outlook client from 3.0 to 4.0? The problem I am having is as follows: After running set-up, the system prompts me for pre-requsites (SQL, C+ + Runtime, .Net etc.) I go through this install, and then am allowed to click next. At this point, the set-up program performs a test of the required componenets and outlook client. I get all greens on this screen and then get prompted to hit next to do the actual client install. At this point, the set-up program expands files, and then goes through a copy process of copying th...

Crm 3.0 Quote Form Not Printing Totals Area
From the various threads there seems to be a number of us who use the Print Quote for Customer and are using the Quote.dot that was originally available for CRM 1.2 and worked - now appears that the totals area does not work. I have tried to re-insert the merge fields and yet it still does not work. My company is really not excited about having to purchase a 3rd party product because something that did work now does not. Is there going to the a fix for this issue and a new Quote Template released or is there another solution to this issue other than to have to spend yet again more mon...

Direct Connect Banking w/Microsoft Money?
Hello all. Now that Netbank is being sold to Everbank I'm going to have to find another bank to do direct connect bill pay, account transactions, etc. Can anyone recommend their bank or know of another one that is like Netbank? I want to continue being able to do all my transactions within Money and not have to go to a bank's web site nor do I want to do that LiveID thing. Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast ...

text box #3
How do I draw or show the lines around the text box that I added to the chart? -- Tina Click within the text box and then hover your curser over the edge of the box. When you see that the tip of your curser has 4 arrows are 90 degree angles to each other, right-click on your mouse and choose Format Text Box -> Colors and Lines. The line options should be at the middle of the dialog box. -- John "Tina" wrote: > How do I draw or show the lines around the text box that I added to the chart? > -- > Tina ...

Failed in installing CRM 3.0 server:unknown full-text failure
Hi, i try to install CRM 3.0 server on win 2k3, sql2000 sp4. Everything is in a single machine. I'm using the trial lisence key. After passing the checklists, in the end of installation, it said MS CRM 3.0 server setup failed This is the errors in the log file: 17:05:47| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An unknown full-text failure (8007007e) occurred in function EnumCatalogs on full-text catalog ''. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at M...

EFT updating Bank Rec With One Total Amount
It would be helpful if there was a setup option within EFT for PM to update Bank Reconciliation with a total amount versus individual payments. This option currently exists in Direct Deposit and would be nice to flow over to EFT as well. Currently, users need to mark off all the EFT payments that are made on an individual basis. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

outlook 3 line street address
Hi, I am copying and pasting contact ionfo from a pulbic folder to excel. For any contacts with more than one line on the street address it drops the next line to a new row. If it has 3 lines on the street it will add 2 rows. I have tried all of the posts I can find regarding carriage returns, etc. I have even tried parsing the address in outlook and I get the same results but with an extra blank column on the next row. I am trying to get this to do lists but i have to do editing on each of the multi lines entries to put the info back in the right columns. help! Does anyone have any ...

Unable to Install CRM 3.0 Outlook Client
Greetings, I am one lost puppy. I cannot seem to get the CRM 3.0 Offline enabled client install for the life of me. I am attempting to install on to my Vista Client running Office 2k7. I am connecting to my CRM server via a static VPN connection (not that I think the VPN is an issue.....yet) I get 3 errors during the install. Error 1: "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.InstallHelpIndexesAction failed. If you ignore this error, the option to search Help will not be available." With 3 options (abort, retry, and ignore) I did find the answer to this issue a while back (have si...

Remove tape from superload 3
I'm using a quantum superloader 3 library. Unfortunatyle the "remove tape" option is greyed. The Library driver appears to have told DPM it has 0 I/E ports which I guess is the problem here. At the moment I have to eject the table using the library interface and the re-inventory the library in DPM. Its a bit of a pain. Does anyone know a way around the problem so I can eject tapes from the DPM interface? Thanks Chris For some reason the DPM/OS seem to be not able to find the I/E port available on the tape library. Can you please try to access the I...

Search the knowledge base
Hi, I am testing the knowledge base in CRM 3.0. Here is what happened: 1. I created a KB article, I approved is etc. (so it is published…) 2. I tried the KB search, and no KB article showed up. I tried it several times… No error message (nor event log error msg)… What could that be? Thanks, Nik Sorry, it worked! Looks like my indexing service is lazy, so it tooked a while... Nik "Nikolas" wrote: > Hi, > > I am testing the knowledge base in CRM 3.0. > > Here is what happened: > 1. I created a KB article, I approved is etc. (so it is published…) > 2....

Add Macro To Custom Buttons (RMS 1.3)
Hi, Is it possible to add a macro to a custom button (on the right side of the pos screen)? I would like to add quick cash tender buttons ($1, $5, $10, ect..) to the right side of the screen. Please let me know if it simple to add those buttons or if I have to buy an add-on for this. Thanks Tom Smith ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 40021 messages and...

Workbook is taking 2
I have a workbook that contains 1,000 rows. The workbook has months accross (from Jan-01 to present). There are 'Sumif' formulas in every cell for every month. When the workbook was first created it would save on demand. However, the file now takes approximately 2 - 3 minutes to save. I suspect the numerous 'Sumif' formulas carry a lot of overhead. What can I do to get it to save faster. Note: The Sumif formulas are linking to data in another workbook ...

Account Tender for Work Order Deposits
The work order system needs to be able to use an account tender to pay for a deposit. The business need is a customer who has the ability to charge in RMS who wishes to start a work order. For example, a lighting store has a builder who they allow the charge. The builder sends their customers to the store to select their lighting needs. The builder will provide the store with an allowance for the customer to use for their lighting needs. This allowance is the deposit that need to be tendered using an account. Currently, I can not enter this deposit and pay for it by charging it to...