Automatically age customer balances

Hi,

Every month/week/day we can run age customer balances.
How can I do it automatically?
I know that by default system settings it's not possible,
I am interesting in other solution,
run script after any user logged in,
any other issues...

All information are very welcome.

Vitali

0
vitvov (85)

Vitali,

I know there is a system process monitor that appears to run things (like
the "do you want to change the date" at midnight). If you could somehow use
this to run macros, this would be the ticket. (i think you can in GP)? But
...I asked one dex guy if we could in sbf and he didn't think possible..If
anyone knows i would be interested...

A solution that would cost something...
Since I'm a VB.NET guy (and when you have a hammer everything is a nail) I
may suggest a little app inside SBF that would run a set of keystrokes at a
certain time. We are doing this for some other SBF addins.  Would be several
hundred dollar job if that method works.There is always some solution!

Thanks,
Matt

"Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Every month/week/day we can run age customer balances.
> How can I do it automatically?
> I know that by default system settings it's not possible,
> I am interesting in other solution,
> run script after any user logged in,
> any other issues...
>
> All information are very welcome.
>
> Vitali

0
Matt
1/26/2005 6:17:54 PM
It must be running a stored procedure to run the aging process.  Having dex
age the customer would take eons.  Once you figure out the sp, then you can
schedule it to run in a sql job.

I ran a dexsql log while running the aging process and these are the
statements it is running.  I changed the date on this for a month earlier and
ran it in query analyzer and it did age all my customers to that date.

BEGIN DECLARE @stored_proc_name char(22) DECLARE @retstat int DECLARE
@param7 int set nocount on SELECT @stored_proc_name =
'CompanyID.dbo.rmAgeCustomer' EXEC @retstat = @stored_proc_name 0, '',
'ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ', '2005.01.27', 127, 0, @param7 OUT SELECT @retstat, @param7
set nocount on END

COMMIT TRAN

"Matt Landis" wrote:

> Vitali,
>
> I know there is a system process monitor that appears to run things (like
> the "do you want to change the date" at midnight). If you could somehow use
> this to run macros, this would be the ticket. (i think you can in GP)? But
> ...I asked one dex guy if we could in sbf and he didn't think possible..If
> anyone knows i would be interested...
>
> A solution that would cost something...
> Since I'm a VB.NET guy (and when you have a hammer everything is a nail) I
> may suggest a little app inside SBF that would run a set of keystrokes at a
> certain time. We are doing this for some other SBF addins.  Would be several
> hundred dollar job if that method works.There is always some solution!
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
> "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Every month/week/day we can run age customer balances.
> > How can I do it automatically?
> > I know that by default system settings it's not possible,
> > I am interesting in other solution,
> > run script after any user logged in,
> > any other issues...
> >
> > All information are very welcome.
> >
> > Vitali

0
Luvsql (265)
1/27/2005 4:19:01 PM
Luvsql,

If Great Plains is pretty much just calling a stored procedure (since you
see it running the dexsql.log), why might you suggest that it would take
Dexterity "eons" to run the same stored procedure?

And if perhaps it would take much much longer to do so, then my guess it's
doing something else that obviously isn't happening just calling this proc.
Perhaps the report that I believe does print typically takes a while to run
and that is the only thing causing the extra overhead.

Patrick
MBS Developer Support

and confers no rights.

"Luvsql" <Luvsql@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It must be running a stored procedure to run the aging process.  Having
dex
> age the customer would take eons.  Once you figure out the sp, then you
can
> schedule it to run in a sql job.
>
> I ran a dexsql log while running the aging process and these are the
> statements it is running.  I changed the date on this for a month earlier
and
> ran it in query analyzer and it did age all my customers to that date.
>

> BEGIN DECLARE @stored_proc_name char(22) DECLARE @retstat int DECLARE
> @param7 int set nocount on SELECT @stored_proc_name =
> 'CompanyID.dbo.rmAgeCustomer' EXEC @retstat = @stored_proc_name 0, '',
> '���������������', '2005.01.27', 127, 0, @param7 OUT SELECT @retstat,
@param7
> set nocount on END
>

> COMMIT TRAN
>
> "Matt Landis" wrote:
>
> > Vitali,
> >
> > I know there is a system process monitor that appears to run things
(like
> > the "do you want to change the date" at midnight). If you could somehow
use
> > this to run macros, this would be the ticket. (i think you can in GP)?
But
> > ...I asked one dex guy if we could in sbf and he didn't think
possible..If
> > anyone knows i would be interested...
> >
> > A solution that would cost something...
> > Since I'm a VB.NET guy (and when you have a hammer everything is a nail)
> > may suggest a little app inside SBF that would run a set of keystrokes
at a
> > certain time. We are doing this for some other SBF addins.  Would be
several
> > hundred dollar job if that method works.There is always some solution!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Matt
> >
> > "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Every month/week/day we can run age customer balances.
> > > How can I do it automatically?
> > > I know that by default system settings it's not possible,
> > > I am interesting in other solution,
> > > run script after any user logged in,
> > > any other issues...
> > >
> > > All information are very welcome.
> > >
> > > Vitali

I was wondering about the "eons" statement too.

Matt

"pat" <anonymous@anon.com> wrote in message
> Luvsql,
>
> If Great Plains is pretty much just calling a stored procedure (since you
> see it running the dexsql.log), why might you suggest that it would take
> Dexterity "eons" to run the same stored procedure?
>
> And if perhaps it would take much much longer to do so, then my guess it's
> doing something else that obviously isn't happening just calling this
proc.
> Perhaps the report that I believe does print typically takes a while to
run
> and that is the only thing causing the extra overhead.
>
> Patrick
> MBS Developer Support

> and confers no rights.
>
> "Luvsql" <Luvsql@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It must be running a stored procedure to run the aging process.  Having
> dex
> > age the customer would take eons.  Once you figure out the sp, then you
> can
> > schedule it to run in a sql job.
> >
> > I ran a dexsql log while running the aging process and these are the
> > statements it is running.  I changed the date on this for a month
earlier
> and
> > ran it in query analyzer and it did age all my customers to that date.
> >

> > BEGIN DECLARE @stored_proc_name char(22) DECLARE @retstat int DECLARE
> > @param7 int set nocount on SELECT @stored_proc_name =
> > 'CompanyID.dbo.rmAgeCustomer' EXEC @retstat = @stored_proc_name 0, '',
> > '���������������', '2005.01.27', 127, 0, @param7 OUT SELECT @retstat,
> @param7
> > set nocount on END
> >

> > COMMIT TRAN
> >
> > "Matt Landis" wrote:
> >
> > > Vitali,
> > >
> > > I know there is a system process monitor that appears to run things
> (like
> > > the "do you want to change the date" at midnight). If you could
somehow
> use
> > > this to run macros, this would be the ticket. (i think you can in GP)?
> But
> > > ...I asked one dex guy if we could in sbf and he didn't think
> possible..If
> > > anyone knows i would be interested...
> > >
> > > A solution that would cost something...
> > > Since I'm a VB.NET guy (and when you have a hammer everything is a
nail)
> > > may suggest a little app inside SBF that would run a set of keystrokes
> at a
> > > certain time. We are doing this for some other SBF addins.  Would be
> several
> > > hundred dollar job if that method works.There is always some solution!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message

0
Matt
1/31/2005 1:43:40 PM
I believe the "eons" reference is in regards to how much slower the process
would be running simply through Dexterity code (not using a store procedure
at all). It would certainly be a slower process without the stored proc.

As far as using a timed process/event, you should be able to do the same
type of thing in SBM/SBF as you would in Great Plains (like the "change user
date" process) - you just can't open the Process Monitor window in SBM/SBF
like you can in GP. The Dexterity help topic for the "begingroup" statement
should help you with setting this up.

If you could set up a process to run a macro to do the aging process at a
specific time, that seems like it would be the best solution (and would avoid
trying to work with a stored proc).

Hope that helps!

Scott Erickson
Microsoft Business Solutions
< This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights. >

"Matt Landis" wrote:

> I was wondering about the "eons" statement too.
>
> Matt
>
> "pat" <anonymous@anon.com> wrote in message
> > Luvsql,
> >
> > If Great Plains is pretty much just calling a stored procedure (since you
> > see it running the dexsql.log), why might you suggest that it would take
> > Dexterity "eons" to run the same stored procedure?
> >
> > And if perhaps it would take much much longer to do so, then my guess it's
> > doing something else that obviously isn't happening just calling this
> proc.
> > Perhaps the report that I believe does print typically takes a while to
> run
> > and that is the only thing causing the extra overhead.
> >
> > Patrick
> > MBS Developer Support
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >
> > "Luvsql" <Luvsql@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > It must be running a stored procedure to run the aging process.  Having
> > dex
> > > age the customer would take eons.  Once you figure out the sp, then you
> > can
> > > schedule it to run in a sql job.
> > >
> > > I ran a dexsql log while running the aging process and these are the
> > > statements it is running.  I changed the date on this for a month
> earlier
> > and
> > > ran it in query analyzer and it did age all my customers to that date.
> > >

> > > BEGIN DECLARE @stored_proc_name char(22) DECLARE @retstat int DECLARE
> > > @param7 int set nocount on SELECT @stored_proc_name =
> > > 'CompanyID.dbo.rmAgeCustomer' EXEC @retstat = @stored_proc_name 0, '',
> > > 'ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ', '2005.01.27', 127, 0, @param7 OUT SELECT @retstat,
> > @param7
> > > set nocount on END
> > >

> > > COMMIT TRAN

> > (like
> somehow
> > use
> > But
> > possible..If

> nail)
> > at a
> > several

0
serickso (15)
1/31/2005 6:25:04 PM
Thank you very much for everybody.

Vitali

"Scott Erickson [MSFT]" <serickso@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I believe the "eons" reference is in regards to how much slower the
process
> would be running simply through Dexterity code (not using a store
procedure
> at all). It would certainly be a slower process without the stored proc.
>
> As far as using a timed process/event, you should be able to do the same
> type of thing in SBM/SBF as you would in Great Plains (like the "change
user
> date" process) - you just can't open the Process Monitor window in SBM/SBF
> like you can in GP. The Dexterity help topic for the "begingroup"
statement
> should help you with setting this up.
>
> If you could set up a process to run a macro to do the aging process at a
> specific time, that seems like it would be the best solution (and would
avoid
> trying to work with a stored proc).
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Scott Erickson
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> < This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights. >
>

> "Matt Landis" wrote:
>
> > I was wondering about the "eons" statement too.
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > "pat" <anonymous@anon.com> wrote in message
> > > Luvsql,
> > >
> > > If Great Plains is pretty much just calling a stored procedure (since
you
> > > see it running the dexsql.log), why might you suggest that it would
take
> > > Dexterity "eons" to run the same stored procedure?
> > >
> > > And if perhaps it would take much much longer to do so, then my guess
it's
> > > doing something else that obviously isn't happening just calling this
> > proc.
> > > Perhaps the report that I believe does print typically takes a while
> > run
> > > and that is the only thing causing the extra overhead.
> > >
> > > Patrick
> > > MBS Developer Support
> > >
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > > and confers no rights.
> > >
> > > "Luvsql" <Luvsql@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Having
> > > dex
> > > can

> > earlier
> > > and

DECLARE
> > > @param7

> > > (like
> > somehow
> > > use
GP)?
> > > But
> > > possible..If

> > nail)
> > > at a
> > > several

0
vitvov (85)

How to store custom data into Excel cell
Hello experts, I'm writing a custom add-in for Excel. I need to store some custom data within Excel document/sheet/cell. Similar to "Web query" in Excel - when it is put in Excel sheet, it saves information about original URL and cells can be updated later. Similar to that, I would like to save some other information for each of the cells I will create from my add-in. For example: I would create 3 cells from my add-in and would like for each of those cells to save the information about some IDs, source of that cell (for example - file name) or anything else. It would be enough f...

unable to recognize BizUser class while customization
Hi, I'm trying edit the use the customization examples given.I've added the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy.dll to references.But when I use the following statement Dim bizUser as New Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy.BizUser or Dim bizUser as New Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser The Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser part gets underlined and hence cant move ahead.Is anyone able to move ahead from this place.Should I be doing anything addtional to this to get the statement working? Suggestions or Help appreciated. Regards, Jason Seagul ...

Enabling Activity on Custom Entities after they have been created
I am enable to activate on Custom Entities after they have been created Hi Sachin, There is no Microsoft Supported way of doing it. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Sachin" wrote: > I am enable to activate on Custom Entities after they have been created ...

Zero % change to "-" custom number format
We are working with an add-on product that exports data into Excel. The product exports raw data into our spreadsheet and we do the formatting. The problem we have is that we want to replace 0% with a dash "-". I have tried a few things in Cell Format with custom numbers, but without any luck. We are looking for a custom number format not a macro to resolve our issue Thanks for your help in advance. David 0%;-0%;- Regards Trevor "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B917FC5-B22E-4AC1-A25F-F0B4E030F260@microsoft.com... > We ...

Is there a way to use "Custom Login Page"?
I know only users from Active Directory can use CRM System. But is there a way to let users login on Web form instead of windows prompt? And how can we integrate it with existing system? Thanks This may help you: You can make Internet Explorer prompt for user names and passwords by changing the security settings. Start Internet Explorer, then select Tools | Internet Options. Click the security tab and click on Local Intranet (depending on how your network is managed you may need to choose Trusted Sites instead). Then click on Custom Level. In the Security Settings dialog box scroll to th...

Timed automatic update of chart
Hi, I am having great difficulty in doing the following and would be grateful for any assistance. Cell A1 is updated every few seconds using a DDE link. I would like to create a chart within the same workbook that plots whatever is in A1 Sheet 1 every 5 or ten minutes throughout the day. Any advice? Thanks Andy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Add automatic Customers Number in Great Plains Dynamics
Hello, I believe that it is due to have like an option to be able to generate consecutive of clients in the window customers maintenance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/def...

Qty on hand vs. Balance Sheet inventory
How is balance sheet inventory calculated? When I sum up the product of qty on hand and current cost it does not match the final Balance sheet number? One would think it would. How are these calculated and synched? Thanks. It depends on the method chosen to value inventory. There are 5 methods to choose from - 1. FIFO Perpetual 2. LIFO Perpetual 3. Average 4. FIFO Periodic 5. LIFO Periodic Current cost is the last cost the item was received at on a purhase order receipt, manufacturing order receipt, or an inventory adjustment. To make your comparison to Book (balance sheet) Inven...

Customization gets disabled when GP restarts
Hi, I have some code that creates menu items and a toolbar. I am storing the triggers for that script in Startup. When I start GP, I go to 'Tools -> Customize -> Customization Status' and enable the customization. My other code then works fine. But the menu items and toolbar that I am creating doesn't get created because the code for that runs when the GP starts. Now if I turned GP off and restarted it, the code still doesn't run. I checked the status of my customization and is disabled event though I enabled it before restarting. How do I save the status of my...

balancing acounts # of transactions.
I upgraded my microsoft money when I bought my new computer. When balancing statements the microsoft money use to list how many transactions had been marked as cleared so I could compare this to my bank account. Is there anyway to have the latest version of microsoft money show this? This was a really nice feature because I would know how many transactions I needed to be looking for. Yes it was. No there isn't. "bduncan" <bduncan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0E2F70D-D0A3-4A08-A869-3EE2D072C46D@microsoft.com... >I upgraded my microsoft mone...

Automatic Monthly Reminders
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC How can I set up Automatic Monthly Reminders and in what program does that possibility exist. In article <59bb35cc.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, Paul_D@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > How can I set up Automatic Monthly Reminders and in what program does that > possibility exist. Not word or office, definitely. Try iCal. -- DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee... [I filter all ...

Custom Function for Pivot Table
Is it possible to attach a customized function to a field calculation in a pivot table? For example, if instead of AVERAGE I want WTDAVG, I would write a function for WTDAVG and it would show up as a choice in the available functions? I don't think Pivot tables work like that, but I could be wrong. Anyway, why don't you do this outside of the Pivot Table. Create a helper column for your weighted average and do the calculation there. Do a little research on the Getpivotdata function: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052091071033.aspx -- Ryan--- If thi...

Change salesperson for mutiple customers
We fired a salesperson and hired a new one, I want to do a mass change on the customer cards to put in new salesperson. I don't want to enter each change individually. Unless they fit neatly in a customer class, you will probably want to use a tool to update the records. You could use a SQL query (Update RM00101 set slprsnid = 'new' where slprsnid = 'old' and Update RM00102 set slprsnid = 'new' where slprsnid = 'old') or MS Access or some other tool. -- Charles Allen, MVP "allisons" wrote: > We fired a salesperson and hired a new on...

Pivot Table Custom Subtotals
I have a pivot table that's connected to Analysis Server. For some reason, I can't select custom subtotals (the options is greyed out) when I try to edit the field settings. Are there some requirements that have to be met in order to use custom subtotals? David ...

Customized Menu Item per user
From what I've seen of the SDK, it is impossible to add customized menu items on a per user basis. Is that correct? I would like to add some additional administrator menu items, which obviously should only be shown for users with administrative rights (in a 3rd party integrated application). Cheers, Anil Hi Anil, Any customized menu is available and visible to all CRM users. There is no way to setup a menu that is accessible to only certain users or groups of users. You would need to build that security into your 3rd party integrated application. "Anil" <anil@ani...

Update Customer email address using SQL statement
Recently we changed from Yahoo Groups to managing our own email list. Our list went from 1400 addresses to around 3600. Of those, about 400 turned out to be hard bounces. I would rather not have to update 400 records, one at a time. Can anyone help me write a SQL statement that would update these records from a file, list, or table containing the bad addresses. What I need to do is blank the email address and put a statement in the Company field (e.g. Need to Update Email). If there is another (better) way to do this, I am totally open to suggestions. Thanks in advance! Bud Izen Keiz...

How to deploy custom form in Ex 5.5
We would like to append a commom text to all outgoing emails by users . There is way to do this for internet mail only but we would like to do this for all emails. Is there a way to push a default outlook mail template for all users in the org without users intervention to install the custom form from the Organization library ? http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Adding_Email_Disclaimer _Text_With_The_IMS_Extension_In_MS_Exchange_55.html Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >We would like to append a commom text to all outgoing >emails ...

How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ?
Hi, How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ? I mean the color of borders , dockbar areas, toolbar background, etc . Thanks There is no magic trick for this. You will need to do each individually unless you go towards themes(whatever limitations it may have). --- Ajay "new" <mnasiri@sharif.edu> wrote in message news:%23HJM329aIHA.4208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ? I mean > the color of borders , dockbar areas, toolbar background, etc . > > Thanks > > Thank...

Automatically insert row between groups of records
Hello! Can someone provide a suggestion for the following scenario? I have a list like the following (or I will, once I apply a macro solution I found in another post). I'd like to scan through the list, insert a row at each change in value in Column1 (column headers don't actually exist in my worksheet), and insert a lookup formula in Column 2 of the newly inserted row which uses the value in Column 1 to lookup a corresponding value on another worksheet. Column1 Column2 Column3 1000 Requirements 40 1000 Design 5 1008 Requirements 10 1008 Design 8 Run a macro that produ...

Custom View for Managers
I have been asked to create a view for the managers in my group where they can see for just their directs the time they have posted to their tasks. Can someone explain how i can do that. If they are using My Tasks and submitting time to the PM's for approval and getting those hours approved and loaded into the schedule and then re-published back out, you could create a data analysis view using the MSP_Portfolio_Analysis Cube that shows the resource actual hours vs. planned hours and/or baseline hours along with any project or resource custom field information. For exampl...

Qucik Access Toolbar not showing custom controls
Hi All, I'm having a problem with the QAT in access 07 I'm trying to add custom buttons via XML, and not having any luck. I can populate the QAT with IDMSO controls, but when I use a custom id button it doesn't show in the QAT bar. Below is a sample code I have been working with, the Copy and Paste buttons will show up but not the Test button. <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/ customui"> <ribbon startFromScratch="true"> <qat> <documentControls> <button id="Test1" label=&q...

Importing Outlook 2003 contacts into custom desktop software
Hi all, I am working on a desktop software and using dot net( C# and its a standalone software , its not a outlook pluggin). I have to import Outlook 2003 contacts into my software. How would i go about it? Are outlook 2003 contacts held in a file, which file is this? Moreover, what is a PST file and what information is held in PST file? I have never programmed Outlook 2003 so please enlighten me...Obliged. Any help or comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks. -Erland ...

automatic search and delete
Hi there Does anyone know how to search for text string and automatically delete the row that contains that text string. The problem is i want to search a whole worksheet for a certain word and when it finds that word, I would like that whole row deleted and then continue until it has deleted all the rows that contain 'the' word i was looking for. Going mad Thanks in advance David Hi David you may try the following (an adaption of a procedure Chip Pearson posted yesterday) Sub delete_rows() Dim RowNdx As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Integer Dim ColIndex As Integer...

M06: Automatic Update Bug Fixed?
M05 does not update accounts when you started regardless of whether you check the box to "Automatically update accounts when I start Money." Instead, it would usually update every day but at seemingly random times. Because of this bug, I am now simply clicking "update now" every day. So much for automatic updates. Does M06 update/fix this issue? I would prefer that M06 update once per day the first time I run Money each day. Please let me know. John The "automatic" update only happens if you have Passport enabled -- the screen could be clearer -- and ...

Online update adjusts beginning balance
I'm trying to update my credit card account, but each time I do, the beginning balance is increased by several thousands of dollars (a balance I've never come close to before). This was also happening to a lesser extent with my checking account, but it appears that since I reconciled that account, I'm not having that same problem. But even after I reconcile the CC account, it still updates the beginning balance, and I get the following message: "Money downloaded information from your financial institution, but was unable to balance your account. This may be because ...