Auto-Transfer of sales documents with eConnect

Great Plains eConnect should be enhanced with an object that will allow for
the transferring of sales documents from one type to another (i.e. Order to
Invoice).  This feature would greatly improve efficiency for clients doing
high volumes of transactions using the Great Plains distribution modules.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=91333700-3044-47ab-a0a6-677508dc850e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Ron,
Have you since found a way to do this?  Either via eConnect or a series of
sql calls?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott Farriss

"Ron Draganowski" wrote:

> Great Plains eConnect should be enhanced with an object that will allow for
> the transferring of sales documents from one type to another (i.e. Order to
> Invoice).  This feature would greatly improve efficiency for clients doing
> high volumes of transactions using the Great Plains distribution modules.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=91333700-3044-47ab-a0a6-677508dc850e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
sfarriss (9)
10/27/2006 2:36:02 PM
I totally agreed with Ron. Btw, I checked with MS eConnect team today and
they still haven't implemented this  yet.

Just like 'sfarriss', question for Ron & others, is there any known API/apps
outthere that would allow this type of implementation?

Thanks!
Nikki

"sfarriss" wrote:

> Ron,
> Have you since found a way to do this?  Either via eConnect or a series of
> sql calls?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Scott Farriss
>

> "Ron Draganowski" wrote:
>
> > Great Plains eConnect should be enhanced with an object that will allow for
> > the transferring of sales documents from one type to another (i.e. Order to
> > Invoice).  This feature would greatly improve efficiency for clients doing
> > high volumes of transactions using the Great Plains distribution modules.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=91333700-3044-47ab-a0a6-677508dc850e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Nikki (101)
11/14/2008 10:46:03 PM
I created a solution for this. You may email me at tdarryl8@yahoo.com.

Darryl Bajaro

"Nikki" wrote:

> I totally agreed with Ron. Btw, I checked with MS eConnect team today and
> they still haven't implemented this  yet.
>
> Just like 'sfarriss', question for Ron & others, is there any known API/apps
> outthere that would allow this type of implementation?
>
> Thanks!
> Nikki
>
> "sfarriss" wrote:
>
> > Ron,
> > Have you since found a way to do this?  Either via eConnect or a series of
> > sql calls?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Scott Farriss
> >

> > "Ron Draganowski" wrote:
> >
> > > Great Plains eConnect should be enhanced with an object that will allow for
> > > the transferring of sales documents from one type to another (i.e. Order to
> > > Invoice).  This feature would greatly improve efficiency for clients doing
> > > high volumes of transactions using the Great Plains distribution modules.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=91333700-3044-47ab-a0a6-677508dc850e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Bajaro (1)

Help:macro to auto sort data to different worksheets...
I want to have a main worksheet that i enter data into (sales listed by vendor), which would then automatically drop the vendor's sales into their specific worksheet for end of month reconciliation. would i be able to do this with a macro? HELP? Hi, 2nd. If you're going to use a main sheet all month, and then distribute it to other sheets at the end of each month, this just might be your ticket: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=318 ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "2nd Time Around" <2nd Time Around@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Auto Start Powerpoint
How can i make my powerpoint presentation Auto Start thru email? I don't believe you can. There has to be some sort of inter action between the recipient and the presentation. If you save your presentation as a PowerPoint Slide Show, and if the recipient has PowerPoint or the PowerPoint viewer on their system when they click on the presentation it will start in the slide show mode. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Autostart" <Autostart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAAAAFA6-28AF-4344-9761-6AD887A4ABC5@microsoft.com... &...

How do I turn on "Hidden Text" in a word Document
I have a document that I do not want some parts to print out and in previous versions of Word I turned on Hidden Text and would turn it off when I wanted it off. How can I do that in this version (Microsoft Office 2007)? Office button => Word Options => Display => Printing options => Print hidden text Yves "VetMedAsst" <VetMedAsst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52C3EFEA-1E53-47CA-A6EF-B396BB5E02BE@microsoft.com... > I have a document that I do not want some parts to print out and in > previous > versions of Word I turn...

interstore transfer lost in HQ
We have had an ongoing problem though all the RMS versions with inter-store transfers not completing from the sending store to the receiving store. The tell-tale symptom is the sending store will send it through the HQ client and will show up in the PurchaseOrder and PurchaseOrderEntry tables, but the receiving store never gets the transfer, so their corresponding entries never show up in the PurchaseOrder tables. I think that the cause of this problem happens when the sending store gets delayed while uploading the HQ Client, so by the time the transfers gets into HQ, the receiving sto...

Transfer Data from backend as a Backup
Hi everyone, I have a split database that is used across several locations. I am not quite sure the system or methods to use to systematically backup the data daily (in the event of crash/disaster ect). Can anyone offer me suggestions? On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:45:01 -0800, scott04 <scott04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, >I have a split database that is used across several locations. I am not >quite sure the system or methods to use to systematically backup the data >daily (in the event of crash/disaster ect). Can anyone offer me suggestions? You only...

Smart Phones creating new sales opportunities in MS CRM
Hi, Do you have experiance of interactive CRM usage in a smartphone. E.g. a sales rep receiving an email lead in SmartPhone outlook, creating a CRM opportunity and new company from this then calling the new contact off the phone number feild? I'm looking at 2 smart phones for this: The Qtek 9100 (also known as the XDA mini-s, SPV M3000, MDA Vario, imate K-JAM ) and the Vodafone 1605 (also known as the Hermes, Mercury, TyTN, JASJAM, SPV M3100, MDA Vario II, XDA Trion) Would these be suitable or should i be looking at something else ? Thanks in Advance, Stuart Fawcett, London. -- S...

Auto Archive and IMAP
Auto-archive does not work properly with IMAP accounts. I have multiple folder in an IMAP account. I have set every folder to archive when messages are a month old but nothing seems to happen. I have changed the view on one of the folders so I can see the created, modified and received dates. I have many messages where all three dates are before 7/2/2004 and even if I manually tell it to archive all message before 7/4/2004 nothing happens. Is there a way to fix this or can someone confirm this is a bug rather than some configuration problem? Ian. ...

Description of reasons for Word 2007 macro-enabled document (.DOCM)?
I see the new .DOCM extension in Word 2007 to indicate a macro-enabled document. Is there an advantage to putting macros in a DOCM rather than a DOTM and its associated DOCX? What are the reasons for this new format? Is it a way of avoiding having two files? We use our template only for macros so maybe we could put everything in a DOCM rather than having both a DOTM and DOCX. I couldn't find any detailed info on the Microsoft web site about this new file format, other than just to say it's a macro-enabled document. Is there a discussion about it somewhere? Thanks. On ...

Transfer of data - CONTINUATION
Maybe this is easier as my earlier post. I have a Form called “Mainswitchboard” as a shortcut on my desktop which is opening, with a command button, a Form called “trading” from another database. On the Form “trading” is a command button which should transfer data from the trading DB to another database. The target string is correct and the table, where the data has to be transferred to, as well. I always get the error message “3078 The MS Jet Database engine cannot find the input table ….” . – (but that is all correct I checked it several times) Can someone tell me, why I get this me...

Auto reconcile
I have set up a quarteley DD. in Bills & Deposits. When I came to balance my account, it had auto reconciled a future payment which fell after my Bank Statement date.The starting balance had changed by the amount of the DD. I have got other Quarteley Bills that this dosen't happen to. Have I ticked something to change this one? ...

auto adjusting # rows between 2 worksheets
I have a spreadsheet where I import daily data into worksheet A. Sometimes there will be 5 rows of data and sometimes 1000+. Then inside the spreadsheet I have Worksheet B that runs some formulas based on Worksheet A. My question is how do I get Worksheet B to automatically extend or reduce the # of rows to match Worksheet A? Please help or give me some direction! thanks I think that I would create the formulas on SheetB no matter how many rows there may be on A. If the information is on SheetA to make the formula work...great! If there is no corresponding data then there will b...

Purchasing Lot number entry
Hello, our company uses lot tracking for all items. When creating a Shipment/Invoice receipt, after selecting the purchase orders to recieve, the purchasing lot number entry form is displayed, and defaults the lot number to hte last order number selected. The issue we are having is that if multiple purchase orders are selected to receive, this default defaults to only the last order number. Does anyone have guidance on having the lot number change depending on the po being received? Thanks, Jason ...

calculation sales of particular month among months of sale
Hi > I m facing problem with my worksheets which i have to calculate total sales > in particular month. > > sheet 1 have > > Date Sale Undr 4% CST Sale Undr 10 CST Sale Undr 4% RST > DD/MM/YY > 1.10.2005 10000 > 2.10.2005 250000 > 3.10.2005 > 150000 > 4.10.2005 1000 > 1.11.2005 > 2.11.2005 > 3.12.2005 > 4.12.2005 > 1.1.2005 etc > > Sheet 2 have > Quarterly Return > > Month > Sale Undr 4% CST Sale Undr 10 CST Sale Undr 4% RST Dear Bob philip thanks...

auto-incrementing the next fixed asset ID
Hello: Does anyone have code to auto-increment the next Asset ID in GP 10.0 Fixed Asset Management? childofthe1980s Hi Child, grrr, I feel your pain. The way I have done it is with VBA. I put a button on the form to get the next ID number. I stored the last ID number in the DUOS table and then retrieve and increment it. My client sometimes wants to assign their own, hence the button. Kind regards, Leslie "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Does anyone have code to auto-increment the next Asset ID in GP 10.0 Fixed > Asset Management? ...

Auto Price change
I have a prospect who wants to have his POS system to automatically change his item prices according daily fluctuations in the Native currency he is receiving payment in from his Customers compared to the Foreign currencies he purchases them in (simply by changing the Exchange rates in the system, not by any Receiving voucher or manual Cost adjustment). Add to this, he would like it to reflect the different currency values per item according to the default currency assigned to the vendor the items came from. -- Mike Haugen Retail Technology Experts (RTE) This is a development that we w...

Recording house sale
I have an asset account with a house I just sold. I cannot figure out how to record the sale. thanks In microsoft.public.money, JIM wrote: >I have an asset account with a house I just sold. I cannot figure out how to >record the sale. thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q110 ...

Can't Trigger Manual Sales Processes
I have created rule that triggers one of several manual sales processes when an Opportunity is created. It checks several conditions and then calls one of a few manual sales processes based upon the condition. With my security role, the workflow runs as intended, however, at the level of the intended user, the trigger rule runs fine and the Workflow Monitor says it is completed but the manual sales process never runs; it doesn't show up on workflow monitor. I suspect a permissions issue but I cannot figure it out. Is there a specific security role setting that has to be availab...

Seeking Document
Would anyone happen to have a link handy for the July 2005 word doc version of "Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2003 Performance" ? The version I have is from April of 2004 and I can't seem to find the updated .doc version, just the Technet article: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/TrblshtE2k3Perf/ It used to be that this was posted in download format at www.microsoft.com/exchange/library THANKS (Big Thanks), Bob -- Bob Christian II MVP - LCS http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog I don't see the word doc for the July 2005 version ...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

Documentation
Is Publisher capable of designing a user documentation, such as an instruction booklet? Sure... Searched Publisher 2003 assistance for: "booklet" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=FX%2CHA%2CHP%2CQZ%2CRC%2CXT&Query=booklet&App=PB -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "mandavia620" <mandavia620@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E18BA5BF-9404-4327-86B4-E45FC9F66F42@microsoft.com... > Is Publi...

Sales Forecast Report
Hey everyone, has anyone had any luck creating a report in either RW or Crystal that enables the forecast figures, per plan, per item, be shown across the screen rather than in month by month format down the screen, we tried setting a date in crystal where 'if {SC020230.DATE1} =DateTime (2004, 12, 01,00, 00, 00) then {SC020230.QTYTOFORECOST_I} else 0' but this does not seem top ick up on figures after it picks up the 1st figure - makes the remaining months 0.00 even tho there are forecast figures eneterd.. thanx Theo ...

starting with eConnect
Hi, I am a newbie to GP and need to build a kind of tool able to exchange data with other systems. As I could read in the Net, eConnect is the most suitable solution for me, but I can't avoid some problems at the beginning :-( 1. I try to learn from examples like: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa973867.aspx. Can't find other examples, especially on how to import a sales order or export invoices which is the problem I need to solve. 2. I have GP 9.0 and eConnect 9.0 installed and can't find stored procedures needed for the example listed above to work. Do I need someth...

Custom XML nodes in eConnect
Hi, I have seen samples of custom XML nodes in the eConnect help file eConnect8.0.chm. Has anyone seen code samples that show how to get the node into the struct. If you type 'eConnect business logic, extending' in the index textbox in the chm file you will get a page titled 'Extendign Business Logic'. If you click the link 'XML document' you will be presented with a page containing the following XML. <eConnect xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"> <RMCustomerMasterType> <eConnectProcessInfo> <e...

how do I add a functioning time display in a visio document?
Have a simple visio document and I want to add some simple clocks showing various time throughout different time zones. You can add text fields to shapes that display the current time. This could be customized further to add or subtract a few hours to calculate the time in a different time zone. Visio refreshes time fields every few seconds. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "colezilla" <colezilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:996CCFD2-C...

Unable to relay for our off-site sales person
All our internal users are able to send email off-site across the Internet without a problem. Our salesperson however is unable to relay email off-site (out to the internet) from various locations. To our internal clients he is able to send successfully. He receives error 550 Relaying denied. Since he is able to email internally, can I assume he is authenticating correctly? He is using Outlook 2003 and we have Exchange 2k SP3. I have checked our relay settings and I have the box checked to "Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list abo...