auto run Integration Manager using AutoDim tool in DTS package...H

I am having a problem
that hopefully someone will be able to assist in resolving.

I have an integration that I am attempting as a step in a DTS package after
an export. The integration uses the standard adapter b/c there is not an SQL
optimized adapter for payables transactions. The problem I have is a follows;
when I 1st create the workflow DTS will execute AutoDim and everything works
properly, the 2nd time I attempt to run the package DTS will tell me it
completed the steps but it is not "firing" the integration. If I delete and
recreate it follows the same sequence, 1st time OK, 2nd time same problem.
I've looked in Knowledgebase and the only resolution I can find is install
SP2 to SQL 2000. I am already running SP3. The knowledgebase article was
856704. This problem prevents using the scheduling portion for the DTS
because each subsequent time fails. Please help..... Anyone.... (can you
sense the despiration?)

0
Charles (140)

Charles,
Interesting problem, and would love to help you figure this out.  Perhaps
there is an instance of AutoDIM running in memory, so a new instance does
not start...
Try looking at what processes are still running after the DTS package
completes.  You may have to close AutoDim in DTS.

HS

"charles" <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem
> that hopefully someone will be able to assist in resolving.
>
> I have an integration that I am attempting as a step in a DTS package
> after
> an export. The integration uses the standard adapter b/c there is not an
> SQL
> optimized adapter for payables transactions. The problem I have is a
> follows;
> when I 1st create the workflow DTS will execute AutoDim and everything
> works
> properly, the 2nd time I attempt to run the package DTS will tell me it
> completed the steps but it is not "firing" the integration. If I delete
> and
> recreate it follows the same sequence, 1st time OK, 2nd time same problem.
> I've looked in Knowledgebase and the only resolution I can find is install
> SP2 to SQL 2000. I am already running SP3. The knowledgebase article was
> 856704. This problem prevents using the scheduling portion for the DTS
> because each subsequent time fails. Please help..... Anyone.... (can you
> sense the despiration?)

0
HSalim (1270)
6/27/2005 8:37:15 PM
I didn't notice any instances still running after the DTS package completes.
I can run the package successfully using Start --> Run. DTS typically tells
you the execution progress of its package my looks as follows;

1 - Tranform Data Task - Complete (85) <-- This runs SQL against a dB and
creates a txt file saved on the network.
2 - Eatec AP Failure - Not Run <-- This is set to create e-mail on failure
of 1st task
3 - AutoDim - Complete <-- This should run the integration. I've tried this
using "on-Success" and "on-Completion" same result. If I delete it and set it
up it will work the 1st time each subsequent time fails.
4 - AutoDim Complete - Complete <-- e-mail saying integration is complete.

How would you "close" autodim in DTS? I can actually watch autodim run it's
process if run from the cmd and it succeeds. It's almost like DTS never kicks
off the process on subsequent runs. I have Debug parameters set for Autodim
but no trans get recorded for the 2nd runs.

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> Charles,
> Interesting problem, and would love to help you figure this out.  Perhaps
> there is an instance of AutoDIM running in memory, so a new instance does
> not start...
> Try looking at what processes are still running after the DTS package
> completes.  You may have to close AutoDim in DTS.
>
> HS
>

> "charles" <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having a problem
> > that hopefully someone will be able to assist in resolving.
> >
> > I have an integration that I am attempting as a step in a DTS package
> > after
> > an export. The integration uses the standard adapter b/c there is not an
> > SQL
> > optimized adapter for payables transactions. The problem I have is a
> > follows;
> > when I 1st create the workflow DTS will execute AutoDim and everything
> > works
> > properly, the 2nd time I attempt to run the package DTS will tell me it
> > completed the steps but it is not "firing" the integration. If I delete
> > and
> > recreate it follows the same sequence, 1st time OK, 2nd time same problem.
> > I've looked in Knowledgebase and the only resolution I can find is install
> > SP2 to SQL 2000. I am already running SP3. The knowledgebase article was
> > 856704. This problem prevents using the scheduling portion for the DTS
> > because each subsequent time fails. Please help..... Anyone.... (can you
> > sense the despiration?)

0
Charles (140)

Using variable names for cells
I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to the contents of a cell so that whenever I wanted to use the contents, all I had to do was call up the variable name. Unfortunately I cannot find the way to set up the process. Any suggestsions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and a Happy New Year. -- Take out the trash to reply '05 FLHTCUI Hi dim rng as range set rng=activesheet.range("A1") msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ultraglide wrote: > I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to >...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

SBS2003 + Internet Explorer
We have a customer who has an SBS 2003 Premium server with ISA 2004 They have just installed a bolt on to Outlook which searches their mailboxes or something. They have discovered that they cannot get this to work unless the untick the 'Use automatic configuration script' in Internet Explorer. Trouble is each time they re-boot a PC the tick comes back, so sounds like it's a policy setting somewhere. What is this ? Where is it configured and what are the implications of turning it off ? Could it be that rather than turn it off whatever it is ought to be con...

Public Folder auto-responder?
How can I set up an auto-responder to a public folder on Exchange 2003? I see information about a server scripting add-in for Outlook 2003, which I have installed...but now what? Where can i find information about how to set up the scripts? You typically will have to write/get help writing the code for the script/event sink that you apply to the public folder. You may also find pre-written sinks that already do what you want...but the idea is that what you're wanting is extra/custom functionality and you're going to have to add that piece yourself. Exchange provides the framewo...

Manage your all passwords and protect your privacy in secure way!
Hello all, PrivacySafer 2007 can manage your all passwords(Windows network logon, your e-mail account, your homepage's ftp password, online passwords, your bank account, etc. etc. etc.) in a secure way and protect your private data(bussiness docment, personal photos, secrets etc) and deter malewares(keylogger, Trojans etc). Main features: - Strong Security - Multiple User Keys - Portable and runs on all windows system - Easy Database Transfer - Support of Password Groups - Time Fields and Entry Attachments - Auto-Type, Auto-login into your app(game,email,ftp etc), Global Au...

Mailbox Manager doesn't work
We're running Exchange 5.5 w/SP4 and the drive housing our Information Store is about out of room. I'm frantically trying to get users to remove files, but, would like to be able to force the deletion of Deleted Items from the server. We installed MM on each server (we're running a clustered Exchange server, on WinNT 4.0 w/SP6a), and, have tried to run it several times, in both Audit and actual mode, but...nothing happens. My mailbox is the Admin box, but, I never get any mail, and, the files never get deleted. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! ...

Am I able to manage multiple email accounts
I have several email accounts including Gmail, HOtmail and corporate. I can't make Entourage mail (2004) list individual accounts or find how to manage profiles. Apple mail works but doesn't allow me to insert a tiff company logo without making it an attachment. Outlook allows for all of the above.<br> Appreciate help > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285235088_9822952 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 1...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro
I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem. One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which I’ll update my graph and the data is available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls). Query : Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its ...

Exchange Tool
getting this error in MSextmx.log when running Version 2 of the tool Please login to profile with admim privilges. Unable find mailbox timezone: error:0x80004005 The user I am logged onto and using OL has full permissions and send as on all the mailboxes in the exchange. Any thoughts, Thank you in advance. sometimes you just have to manually enter the server name and timezone yourself, it should look like this: /O=myorg/OU=my1admingroup/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=sid myserver Mountain Standard Time "WILDPACKET" wrote: > > getting this error in MSextmx.log when running V...

Manufacturing BOM Where Used query
Winthin manufacturing there is a where-used inquiry window that will show all BOMs that a given item appears in. You can also expand that view to see what BOMs and item's parent is used in. Some of our BOMs are 10 layers deep. In our environment we need to know which category of finished goods each purchased item is used in. Currently we maintain this manually and store the info in an inventory user-defined field. Over time as the number of our finished goods and purchased parts has increased this has become an unmangeable process. I need to find a way to query the BOM tables a...

How to prevent the same program from running twice using vc?
Try this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/article.php/c299 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:#gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Checkout Bob's tip on this subject at http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/w32tip7.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > See also my essay on my MVP Tips site. joe On Wed, 8 Sep 2...

MSN Portfolio Manager #4
HAs anyone else had trouble with Portfolio Manager. all I get is the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage -- Jps In microsoft.public.money, jack wrote: >HAs anyone else had trouble with Portfolio Manager. all I get is the >Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage See if the first item in http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Common/NetworkStatus.aspx? applies. me too. "jack" wrote: > HAs anyone else had trouble with Portfolio Manager. all I get is the > Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage > > > -- > Jps Same issue, ...

Outlook 2003 running on Windows 2003 (as client) breaks after SP1
Have Exchange 2003 running on SBS2003 and has been running great for over a year. Many users use Outlook 2003 remotely using RPC over HTTPS with no problem. Then one user running Windows Server 2003 STD on a laptop (a client machine) applied the new SP1 and Outlook connection over HTTPS is now broken. The Outlook authentication request appears again and again - it is never satisfied. Tried running it as "outlook /rpcdiag" and don't get any additional information that is helpful. Just simply does not authenticate. Had Virtual PC running on the Windows 2003 machine so we tried usi...

re: CRM Package and Registration Key
We recently installed the CRM package, or rather my boss did. I think he jumped the gun as he put in our company name in as ''CBO'' and did not put in the Networks part. As such, the Registration Key is setup for CBO Networks, not just CBO. The Registration Key we've been supplied does not seem to work, or perhaps I am trying to plug it into the wrong place? I go to Deployment Manager then to License Manager. From there, I go to the License Manager node, select CBO and try to enter a new License number, but it won't take the number supplied by Microsoft. ...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

Running Totals Problem
Hi, I=92m having a problem with running totals. I have several spreadsheets with thousands of rows that are broken into groups. I have to create running totals for each group in the spreadsheet. The data is set up as follows, and the running totals formula should be in column C. Column A Column B Column C Apples 1 1 Apples 5 6 Apples 3 9 Oranges 6 6 Oranges 1 7 Pears 2 2 Pears 3 5 Pears 5 10 Plums 8 8 Peaches 3 3 Peaches 2 5 The only way I know of to do this would be to use something like: =3DSUM($B$2:B2) and copy it down for each group...

Microsoft Office X cannot start because MS Office is already in use
Sometimes Entourage 10.1.4 shows the message: "Microsoft Office X cannot start because MS Office is already in use. A Office program is being used by MYNAME. Your installation exceeds..." It's crazy because I'm the only user with OSX (10.3.2) and Office X is installed only on my Mac!!! It seems that it happens when Entourage run scheduled actions (i.e. Send and Receive). Pls help me. Thanx. -- Buz ...

Using a value from a cell inside a formula!
Hi! I've got two cells that contain the start and end row of a matrix in sheet. I want to use these row numbers in a =COUNT.IF formula to count th number of specified instances in this matrix. But my problem is this; how can I use the values in the two cell inside the COUNT.IF formula?? I should look something like this; =COUNT.IF(F"cell1":F"cell2";"=argument") As you can see, the column (F) is specified in the formula but the ro number needs to be fetched from cell1 and cell2. Can anyone help me with the correct syntax? Thanks! -M -- marsupilam --...

Filter to specify which account is used according to email address?
I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails. So my question is: Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria be send using a certain account. Say an email to Bob@amarc.mil will be sent using my gmail account whereas a email to Jane@moog.gov will be sent using a yahoo account? Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko And my question is, what version of Outlook are you using? The answer = is t...

IE crashing when using CRM 3
some users are experiencing a lot of IE crashes when using CRM3.0.5300.0 This is when clicking around the CRM and I have a screenshot of the CRM as it crashed if anyone needs this... The diagnostic is below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <DATABASE> <EXE NAME="iexplore.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY"> <MATCHING_FILE NAME="HMMAPI.DLL" SIZE="38912" CHECKSUM="0xD85D870C" BIN_FILE_VERSION="6.0.2900.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="6.0.2900.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="6.00....

How to manage Renovation of the house?
We bought our home 3 years ago for cash, and value of the house is about doubled since then. Also we made improvemen such as kitchen, bath renovation, adding pool and SQFT, etc. I set up account "Home" with purcesed price, but how can I reflect the cost I paid for renovation with "credit card" or "Bank acc't" ? Do I have to input manually each time I have a transaction? and how to add the market value?? "Margaux" <Margaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD3DBBDF-655E-4533-82E5-4A41BB828DD1@microsoft.com... > We bought...

why is my machine running slower?
Whenever I am working in a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 on my Dell 800, it seems to be reaaaaaaaaaly slow. Any suggestions? Hi tommy boy! Maybe you could find something at Charles Williams' site: http://www.decisionmodels.com And David McRitchie has some notes at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm I'd go for shutting down and re-starting followed by deleting all files in Windows Temp plus taking a look at the xlb file and deleting or re-naming if it is much over 50KB -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "tommy boy...

DISABLE the auto return to sleep
I am looking for a way to DISABLE the auto return to sleep on an unattended wake up for XP SP3. I found this article for Vista. Looking for similar one for XP http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/171042-sleep-return-timeout-unattended-wake-up.html Thanks ...

Development and Customisation Tools Training
Hi All I am planning to deliver some training for Development and Customisation Tools for Dynamics GP in Sydney and/or Singapore. Below are the courses on offer: Modifier & VBA – 3 days This in-depth course will show you how to use the Modifier and VBA to customize Great Plains windows and reports. With the Modifier and VBA, you can modify screens based on user needs, make global changes to graphics and text, add fields to forms, and add Visual Basic for Application (VBA) programming code to enhance the functionality of Great Plains. Report Writer – 2 days This in-depth course sho...