Auto Pooling Time for Project Accounting

Is there a way to setup (or a utility available to accomplish) to do the
following on billilng for time? This is a GP 8 question.

1)   On billing to invoice, a lump sum amount of time, average rate, markup,
etc.. is entered for the invoicing.
2)   Based on lump sum hours on work type (ie sys implemnenation hours),
have GP go back to detailed time records in sub-ledger chronilogically to
change status of billable records from 'waiting to be billed to invoice' as
'billed to invoice'?
3)   Ability to update sub-ledgers for prior invoices issued on lump sum
before fix was put in place (say less than six months of detail).

I have a client where there is a business need that justifies the lump
billing at the invoice level.  However, this method has not changed the stus
on the detailed time records for the six months that this client has been
live on GP 8.
0
AMorse (3)

(auto) archive problems
Some outlook 2003 clients don't archive either automatically or manually. I set one today to move Inbox items older than 2 months to H:\mail\archive.pst. That failed so I manually said archive everything older than March 1, 20006. Same failure. I just now manually told it to archive files older that 2/28/06 to a new file. It created the file and the folder structure, but copied no mail. The inbox currently has mail dated back to january 06. So I'm wondering if there's a confusion as to the time stamps on mail. Does archive use something other than that which appears in ...

GP 6.0 issue PDK time sheets wont post so I cant bill Pls help willing to pay for live consult
althought, i ahve approved the time sheets in Dec, some dates in december wont post so we cant bill ... know of anyone that can help? thanks! Cam ...

Is MS Money limited to 9 credit card accounts?
Does anybody know if I can enter more than 9 credit card accounts? I downloaded trial version of MS Money, and it limits number of credit cards to 9. I would like to know if full version has the same limitation. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Natalie wrote: >Does anybody know if I can enter more than 9 credit card >accounts? I downloaded trial version of MS Money, and it >limits number of credit cards to 9. I would like to know >if full version has the same limitation. Any help would be >greatly apreciated. Thanks Ditto my last...

relay within domain with fake user accounts
Hi All, Our system: 1 - DC - Server 2000 SP4 1 - Email Server 2003 w/Exchange 2003 all SP's our up to date. Trend Micro SMB as our anti virus / spam software running on the DC This is a very simple set up. I mentioned trend micro because this is ware I find some issues with exchange. Looking at trends virus logs I see that the exchange server is sending email within our domain with fake user names. Examples are info@mydomain.com, admin@mydomain.com, user@mydomain.com. Of course these user names don't exist in our active directory. Luckily trend catches these emails because they cont...

Excel Chart Trouble on Auto-Filtered List
I'm plotting a chart based on visible cells in an auto-filtere spreadsheet. Everything works fine as far as the data and legend range go (cols 2 and 3 below). My problem is I want to add a text box to th chart and link that box to the name of the data being plotted, but need to show only a "distinct" cell from the range, i.e. in the exampl below the linked text box shows "GAIG GAIG GAIG" because those cells ar visible. I can't seem to find what Excel function/feature or formula t use to make this display just "GAIG" or "AFG" in the linked text ...

Excel 2003 open slow only with domain accounts
If i logon locally on my PC all works fine. If i logon in my pc with user a domain account excel (only it!, word, access and others work fine)takes 1-2 min (splash screen) before open (i set it to open no documents on startup but is the same). I try to delete temporary files and to set up a default printer...nothing. Domain is 2003 (only 1 domain,1 tree, 1 forest) client is an XP (sp1 installed) Any idea? ...

C++ App Deployment project
What's the best forum for deployment issues for a C++ MFC App???? I'm having problems with the "Setup.exe" module that's generated. Also getting the target PC to recognize the app name/description and properly registering the file extent so the app get called when the doc is selected. Thanks, Neil I don't know of a specific forum for that topic, but you could always describe your problem here if your project is MFC based on in dotnet.general if it is .NET based. Tom "Neil B" <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CE71C00-A42...

How do I change where one of my e-mail accounts' mail goes to?
How do I change where one of my e-mail accounts' mail goes to? I don't want mp parents email mixing with mine! Either use the Rules Wizard to sort incoming mail items based on account or if you're using WinXP, setup a different user for yourself along with an Outlook configuration of your own "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55BD1633-58D9-443D-B641-0D680B23C5F4@microsoft.com... > How do I change where one of my e-mail accounts' mail goes to? > > I don't want mp parents email mixing with mine! ...

csv, how to set excel to auto load
I want to double click on a .csv file and have it automatically load in to excel 2007. Currently it opens it and puts all the data in column A. If I close it and use data import all is fine. Ridiculous for people to send me .csv files. I have to save first them data import. Another way? Add-in? ~Gina_M~ have them send you REAL .csv files. CSV stands for "Comma Separated Values". Gina_Marano wrote: > I want to double click on a .csv file and have it automatically load > in to excel 2007. > > Currently it opens it and puts all the data in column A. I...

Update a cell with a time.
HI All When the content of any of the cells in the range D4:F6 changes , I need the date and time to be placed in D10. Can someone help with some code please? Grateful for any advice. Right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>format d10 as desired. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("d4:f6")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Range("d10") = Now End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in mes...

My inbox is no longer divided into my various accounts.
I have three separate accounts and my inbox usually has a heading for each followed by the mails I have received in that account. This afternoon I came back to my computer and all my mails were in one list, sorted by subject. I've changed the sorting back to date, but I've lost the account headings. Mails from the various accounts are in the list. What has happened and how can I get my accounts separated again? ...

Getting (internal) sender's account ID (userID)
I've got some basic code that scrapes email sender, subject, and some selected line contents and dumps them into Excel. That data is then edited and uploaded into our Learning Management System (LMS). In order to be uploaded, each record needs to include the employee's numeric employee ID. The reference table I have that includes employee ID also has their userID, but does not match up with with general sender name due to the use of nicknames, maiden names, etc. Given that these are internal employees in our own activedirectory(?), is there any way to get Outlook to...

Tried to link/set up email accounts. Now Outlook won't open. Help!
When Outlook opens it unsuccessfully tries to link to my email accounts (a series of dialogue boxes open looking for my email exchange server on UCSF). When the program discovers it can't link, it eventually just closes Outlook. Is there a way to delete the previous info about my email accounts, so that I can start, at least, using the calendar function. Thanks! Use the Mail Applet in the control panel "Jason Earle" <Jason Earle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A89E438E-665A-4E4A-8BDA-31D7BBE27CEF@microsoft.com... > When Outlook opens it unsuccessf...

Visual Studio Deployment Project
Tribe, I have a .NET setup and deployment project which writes to the Users's Application Data Folder. I've got about 20 folders that I want to place here. Some of them contain files I want every user to have. I can build the project, create the MSI and install the app just fine. But when I got to run it, and the /AppData/Roaming/[productname]/ directory is created - NONE of the folders with files in them get created. In addition, I've noticed that in the /AppData/Roaming/ directory, after installation my folders which contain files are installed here - Surpr...

Can't setup new email account
I am trying to set up a new email address. I have duplicated exactly my other 2 addresses properties but it won't work. When I click on send/receive everything is fine with the first 2 email address but with the new one it asks for username and password. It won't accept what I enter, so when I cancel, the error I get is copied below: Account: 'pop.embarqmail.com (2)', Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid login or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...

2007 calendar time
How do I show times on the calendar appointments like was default in Outlook XP? -- Jim S Tyneside UK www.jimscott.co.uk What version and calendar view are you using? "Jim S" wrote: > How do I show times on the calendar appointments like was default in > Outlook XP? > -- > Jim S > Tyneside UK > www.jimscott.co.uk > . > This is controlled by the width of the window. http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/endtime/endtime.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook...

Working with time calculations
When working with time calculations I am finding it difficuult to subtract a specified time. Example: In: 8:46:00 AM C5 Out: 5:17:00 PM D5 Break: :45 min F5 Total: 8:31 =(D5-C5)-F5 The formula I used above returns an #VALUE! error Thank you if you can help. Hi You have to enter the break as a true time in F5; 0:45 Regards, Per "Gotroots" <Gotroots@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:8A218145-6440-4B7E-A74A-6BF2968BE9C4@microsoft.com... > When working with time calculations I am finding it difficuult to subtract...

Pie Chart showing Time Zone Comparisons
My boss wants a pie chart showing that US Central Time (business hours) and China Time (business hours) never overlap in a single pie chart - Can this be done? Hi, Does you boss want to use the pie chart like a clock, showing a slice for US and a slice for China business hours? If so then the clock will have to be a 24 hour one. A quick way of doing it would be to create a pie with 24 slices each with the data value of 1. Double click the pie to display the format dialog. On the options tab uncheck the 'vary colour by slice'. Now select individual slices and format the fill c...

QS2000 Auto-Increment Customer account number problem
I have a customer that is running QS2000, version 3.01N, and has for years had the option set in the INI file to auto-increment the account number when adding a new customer. Suddenly, a few weeks ago, the auto-increment stopped working and all the system will do now is try to assign the last new number that it assigned (and yes, it is assigned to a valid customer). I can't find anywhere in the tables where a "last new number used" is stored. I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this so that it will start assigning the correct numbers again. I have already tried to repair ...

Creating of new account and automatic e-mail
Is it possible to create workflow rules in such a way that when a new account is created , automatically e-mail should be sent to particular users ? In the same way when an account is deleted , automatically e-mail send to particular users. regards and thanks Aami It's easy enough to create a workflow rule that says when an account is created send an email to x. However, workflow rules are not triggered off the delete action, so you will need to develop a custom solution for this requirement. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Aami" wrote: > Is it p...

Very Slow Receive with 2 x POP3 Accounts
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2002 SP3 to collect e-mails from a local POP3 server (not ISP). I use a single POP3 account on the server to collect e-mails but use 2 x SMTP accounts on the SMTP server (again local) to send e-mails. When I go to send an e-mail I choose which account (by clicking the Accounts drop-down button next to the Send button when composing an e-mail) I want to send it from, i.e. home or work based e-mail address. My Automatic Send/Receive is set to collect from only the one POP3 account as all incoming e-mail (whether addressed to my work or home account) g...

Need to move activities from one account to another CRM 3.0
Two companies have merged and we need to move all the contacts and activities from the one account to another existing account. Tasks and emails are created at the account level. I got the contact converted but cannot get the activity history converted. Any help would be appreciated. On May 7, 11:43=A0pm, C.J. <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Two companies have merged and we need to move all the contacts and activit= ies > from the one account to another existing account. =A0Tasks and emails are > created at the account level. =A0I got the contact converted b...

Migrating activities to Existing Accounts
Hi Could someone verify the possibility of using the CDF to import data as Activities and relating them to Accounts?.. From a post someone mentioned it wasnt possible.. although when I logged a similar scenario (Contact import instead of activities).. Support mentioned that I just need to populate the cdf tables of account specifically destinationID with the GUID of the existing record and MSCRM. The activities would then be migrated normally while the Accounts wont.. Verification needed.. Thanks =) "Mark Anthony" <MarkAnthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Account delete priviledge not effective
Hello, I have a user who has several roles. In one role it is defined that she can delete accounts only in her business unit. In another role, it is defined that she has organization-wide account deletion priviledge. I expect that when these two roles are combined, the resultant priviledge should allow the user to delete all accounts in the organization. However, when this user wants to delete an account that belongs to a user in another business unit, she gets an insufficient rights error. Why can this happen? Is the narrower priviledge effective always? Or is there a problem with the...

trouble auditing users e-mail in outlook under admin account help
Hello Everyone We have just migrated to 2003 Exchange Server from 2000 Exchange. (our Exchange 2000 Server is still running) in our old Exchange 2000 Server we have outlook 2000 installed , we could easily access to who ever e-mail account via outlook 2000 under Administrator login from exchange 2000 Server. How ever I can do the same using outlook 2003 under our new 2003 Server, I have set delegate control to administrator account and given Exchange Full Administrator permission. What happen was when I open outlook under mail Setup > Email accounts >view or change e-mail acc...