Auto - Generate / Auto create batch numbers

I have been working with a customer who was required to migrate from Lawson
software.  They were used to Lawson automatically generating batch numbers
for them in Payables and Receivables and I think General Ledger as well.
They think it is odd that GP doesn't create batches automatically.
My basic question is anyone aware of a valid tested third party solution
that would autocreate batches for at minimum Payables and Receivables?
Thanks much -
0
AdamEckroth (110)

Adam,

Its very easy to be customized, we already customized such solution for one
of our customers to automatically generate batchs based on parametarized
inputs, let me know how can I help.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Adam Eckroth" wrote:

> I have been working with a customer who was required to migrate from Lawson
> software.  They were used to Lawson automatically generating batch numbers
> for them in Payables and Receivables and I think General Ledger as well.
> They think it is odd that GP doesn't create batches automatically.
> My basic question is anyone aware of a valid tested third party solution
> that would autocreate batches for at minimum Payables and Receivables?
> Thanks much -

Number formatting in chart
The secondary axis in my chart is dollar value. It is showing in thousands, which is what I want, but the data labels I would like it to show 177 only, for example, instead of 177,883. It would be understood that the labels are in thousands. Is this possible? Connie Okay, I guess I didn't make myself very clear. I will try to take a different approach. How do I customize the format of numbers in a column so that it rounds 177,883 to 178? Connie "Connie Martin" wrote: > The secondary axis in my chart is dollar value. It is showing in thousands, > which is ...

How do I split one cell of 6 numbers into two cells of 3 and 3?
I have a column of data that has six numbers in each cell, however I need to split this into two columns, where the first column is the first three digits and the second column is the last three. There is no separator (space, comma or dash) between the numbers. Any suggestions? Use Text To Columns. Select your column of data, then: <Data> <TextToColumns> Click "Fixed Width", then <Next>, Click in the data to display the "break line", and drag it to separate the numbers as desired. Then <Finish> -- HTH, RD =================================...

How can I create my own calendar in Publisher?
I once had a print out on how to create your own calendar in Publisher. I need to create a calendar that is two rows of six months each. It is to go on my keyboard hand rest so it must be narrow. I am using Microsoft XP. Thanks. Small 2006 calendar here, might work for you http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SummerLoverNan" <SummerLoverNan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56814E5C-C7BE-4218-ADA7-79E6F0D3B9AA@microsoft.com... >I once had...

Creating and adding a Report in CRM 3
The report manager provided by Microaoft is for CRM 1.2.How do I create a report and add it to CRM 3. Can I still create it in Crystall reports and then add it to CRM 3.(I ahve done this for CRM 1.2) Need guidance Thanks & Regards SAM Sam, CRM 3 uses SQL Reporting Services, imo a superior product than Crystal. In v3 you can use the advance find to construct queries. Its a much more dynamic reporting tool. If you created your Crystal reports then you should have no problems recreating them in SQL RS. If you dont want to however i beleive there is a method of using your Crystal repo...

Auto increment date in header
Hello, I want to create a document and in header to put the date like: Thursday, 31.12.2009 and on second page, in header to appear Friday, 01.01.2010 and on third page Saturday, 02.01.2010 and so on Have anybody an idea how to do it? Thank you! Hi Lucrix, To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation Tutorial, at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=249902 or http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party In particular, look at the item titled 'Calculate a Date Se...

How to Create a Window
Hello, I am having an unbelievable amount of trouble just creating a window with MFC. First I construct a CWnd object. Then my CWnd object calls CreateEx as follows: (I want to create a top-level window) BOOL Result = CreateEx( NULL , AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW) , NULL, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW , CRect(0, 0, 20, 20), this, 999); It fails without any error message, and the window is not created. Do I have to Show() the window before it is actually created, or something like that? This is driving me nuts. Thanks, Rich S. I Figured it out. I'm supposed to put...

How do I create an investment portfolio for my clients?
Hello, Currently I am a financial planner, and, having recently left a major firm, I am attempting to streamline my marketing process. As such, my goal is to create an excel document (or locate a template) that allows me to include the following: Holdings (cash equity, mutual funds, bonds, etc) with a number of different graphs, including allocation, sectors, etc. If possible, I would like to be able to update this chart for client account changes. I was hoping that someone might be able to provde some type of insight into how I would go about this. I certainly appreciate everyone'...

Inserting page numbers in a cell
Certain data in my spreadsheet has to reference to a specific page number when the spreadsheet is printed. I can't find a formula that would provide information about a page number (something like =CELL("filename")) Any help would be appreciated. need something similar. i have a list of manufacturers' and their respective products on a sheet. items on this list are constantly being added and removed. this list is also filtered so that certain data can be printed. On a master sheet I want to be able to list the pages that a particular manufacturer's items are on, ...

How to create win32 Static library
hi, how to create and write win32 static library? thanks. ...

How to Create a Discount Calculator based on volume
I am trying to create a cost calculator form, which will automatically calculate the discounted monthly price for a service based on the number of units. I want to have a single cell which will calculate the discount rate based on the number of units. The discounts are: if units =<50 price = 10 if units =>51 and <101 price = 9.75 if units =>101 and <201 price = 8.75 if units =>201 and <301 price = 8.00 if units =>301 and <401 price = 7.00 if units =>501 and <501 price = 6.00 if units =>501 price = 5.00 I have tried to create a module in VBA,...

auto starting
I've just upgraded Win 98 to XP Pro. Outlook 2000 start automatically. I've tried Settings - Start Menu - Remove, but Outlook si noe selected their to start automatically. I'm stumped - an anyone help? Much appreciated. Have you looked in all your account start menu files ... with xp there will be an 'Administrator' as well an 'All Users' user profile ... check all the profiles and you may find it in one of them ... including your own profile "david m" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067301c39b92$f2ca2390$a30128...

Question: Macro overloading, passing variable number of arguments
Excel-97 (SR-2) In general I would like to write macros that can be overloaded, for example Hyperlink() has an optional displaytext field. HyperLink( Filename) HyperLink( Filename, DisplayText) Please could someone post a short, useful macro that does such a thing, rather than give a description of how to do so. I have searched the online help for "overloading" and "arguments" but nothing useful is shown there. TIA, Fred. See the help for Functions You are just talking about optional arguments. Function MyFunc(MyStr As String, Optional MyArg1 As _ Integer = 5, _ ...

Create a custom culture that might be wrong
Hi! I'm reading in a book and there is some code that might be wrong. Here is the code enclosed within "" "CultureInfo usCulture = new CultureInfo("en-US"); RegionInfo usRegion = new RegionInfo("US"); CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder demoBuilder = new CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder ("en-US", CultureAndRegionModifiers.Neutral); demoBuilder.LoadDataFromCultureInfo(usCulture); demoBuilder.LoadDataFromRegionInfo(usRegion);" As you can see the CultureAndRegionModifiers is set to Neutral but according to the MSDN doc this Neutral ...

row number in Excel
Hi, I am using ODBC to connect to an Excel database, does anyone know of a function that I can use to select from row 50 to 100 of a spreadsheet. So, is it possible to use an sql statement on Excel database to get a range of rows? Does Excel have a row number function? Thanks Feng ...

Numbers left-aligned in a cell
I can enter a number as text by=20 (1) formatting the cell as text=20 or=20 (2) leaving the format as general but keying in a single quote with the = number e.g. '76. Either way, the number will be left-aligned with a green triangle i.e. = if I invoke error checking. If I untick error checking and don't notice = the left alignment, the single quote should alert me that the number is = in text format, right?=20 Do you see another difference between (1) and (2) especially in terms of = application of the number (in text format)? =20 Thanks. Epinn You aren't going to see th...

Create new field
Access 2007 - I have to label each claim with a claimtype based on a combination of fields and I'm not sure how to do this. In AS400 query, I used conditional calculations, but would really prefer to find a solution that is easier to update and manage. Hopefully, the table below gives an idea of the combination of fields that I am working with. Each claim has all of these fields. However, all claims with Aslob 052 should be labeled "Casualty". All claims with Aslob 230 and FieldB=EPG are labeled "Surety, but those with Aslob 230 and FieldA=EIC01 should be ...

Rounding up numbers in hh:mm:ss format
I have a columnn of numbers stored in the hh:mm:ss (custom) format. I need to round up all cells that have ss>0 an add 1 to mm; in other words all cells with seconds should be rounded up to the next minute. How can I do that? Cheers, Thorbjorn Hi try =ROUNDUP(A1*24*60,0)/(24*60) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Thorbjorn Sundboe wrote: > I have a columnn of numbers stored in the hh:mm:ss (custom) format. I > need to round up all cells that have ss>0 an add 1 to mm; in other > words all cells with seconds should be rounded up to the next minute. > How can I do ...

Can I create graph combining clusted and stacked columns?
There is an example on my Tip&Tricks page best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32ADC32A-7C2E-48F2-9D4A-3CF254D116FE@microsoft.com... > ...

Trying to create a formula for adding and subtracting columns.
I have a class that keeps a balance of "money" they earn in school. Each week we add the total then at the end of the month they subtract thing s they bought. So I would need a formula that adds the total for four rows and then subtracts in the fifth row to give me a final total. I am new to excel and am hoping I will be able to do it without too much trouble. I am usually a pretty quick learner. Are you wanting only to make this calculation occur on demand at the end of the month? If your happy for it to just calculate as you go along then just use "=A1+...

Auto populate fields
I have a form that asks for Name, Job Title, Employee ID number, etc. I can create a drop down list using Validate no problem. However, I want to be able to automatically populate the fields when a person's name is selected. For example, if I select Billy from the Name drop down list, the Job Title, ID Number, etc. gets automatically filled. If you had a table with the other information that relates to Billy (and other names), you could use =vlookup() to return that info. For more info about =vlookup()... You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlFun...

how best to creat an inventory list, with one master sheet and a sheet for each item #2
Not sure if what you have described will work. I am looking at havin to inventory 200 items or so, and keep a sheet on each that I ca record issue and received stock, with a couple other columns o information as well. The 'master' sheet would list all items and a current balance so that can print it out without having to print out excessive pages and i would provide a nice way to view current stock at a glance. I als have hopes of formatting that page so it will give me notice when t re-order, etc. Hope this helps clear up what I am trying to do. Thanks for all the help, keep it...

Creating a range out of a scattered cells with MFC Excel automation
Hello all. I need to create a chart from 2 columns, but not from all of the cells in them. For example: If I need to create a line chart out of the date in colums A and D, then I know that I should use Union to create a joint range of A and D and pass it to to ChartWizard function. But what I realy need is to create the chart out of A and D columns data only if the data in column C for example, is "valid data" . How can I do this? Thanks! Probably by buying a third-party plotting library. Excel is notorious for how bad its charting mechanisms are, parti...

Creating a 2 axes custom chart
Excel allows you to create a 2 axes chart with side-by- side bars. Is there some way to create a stacked bar chart with 2 axes? "Bridget Stacy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69ff01c3e68d$c6c8ee20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Excel allows you to create a 2 axes chart with side-by- > side bars. Is there some way to create a stacked bar > chart with 2 axes? Bridget, Create the stacked bar chart, then right click on one or your series and choose "Format Data Series". Under the "Axis" tab select "Secondary Axis" fo...

Enter various number of blank lines in cells
I have a text spreadsheet index with 5 columns of information that has a various number of wrapped phrases in each cell. I would like to add various numbers of blank lines in some of the cells to make the information in the columns line up horizontally. Could you suggest a way to do this? For a forced line feed: <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Jim"...

exmerge: number of messages processed: 0
I am running exchange 2003 enterprise. I've had an instance where the log file was deleted and then firstly I could not mount the store. Did eseutil /mh, then performed eseutil /d. Got clean sheet, but could not do defragmentation. In the end had the ost files for 85% of the users and recovered them, got the pst and it was OK. As for the rest, tried using exmerge to get mailboxes into pst files. I have no issue with permissions, but when I use it, I only get folders copies and no items inside of them? (get the above number of messages processed to be 0 for the mailboxes). Basically, ...