Auto assign Lot Numbers in PO receiving

Hi!

Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item
receipt?  My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to auto
assign this.  Any ideas?  Thanks!
--
Marisol Mortera
0

Marisol,

Yes indeed, I created one for a client.  You probably will not be able to
use it as-is because of some client specific functionality but
I'm sure you could use this as a stepping stone.

The key features were that it would allow for rapid lot number entry by
a. Auto-incrementing the lot number - we had Alphanumeric lot numbers so we
added a suffix and
b. copy the previous lot attributes and quantity into the next line

The effect was that the user would enter one line, then hold the tab key
while the program autofilled the lot numbers.
It would automatically stop when the lot quantity was "exhausted"

And we had a rapid lot select on the sales side as well- the user could
quickly select multiple lots as needed.

I would have attached a screenshot - but it is too large so I'll send it to
your email acct.

HS

"Marisol" <mmortera@epartnersolutions.com> wrote in message
: Hi!
:
: Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item
: receipt?  My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to auto
: assign this.  Any ideas?  Thanks!
: --
: Marisol Mortera

0
HSalim (1270)
10/25/2005 6:30:42 PM
Thank you so much!!  Do you think you can send it to mmortera@gmail.com also?
 Did you use VBA for this?  I'm new to VBA so any tips would help.  I guess
the tricky part is that my client uses different lot numbering schemes per
warehouse.  Do you foresee this as something hard to do?  Thanks and look
forward to your email.
--
Marisol Mortera

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> Marisol,
>
> Yes indeed, I created one for a client.  You probably will not be able to
> use it as-is because of some client specific functionality but
> I'm sure you could use this as a stepping stone.
>
> The key features were that it would allow for rapid lot number entry by
> a. Auto-incrementing the lot number - we had Alphanumeric lot numbers so we
> added a suffix and
> b. copy the previous lot attributes and quantity into the next line
>
> The effect was that the user would enter one line, then hold the tab key
> while the program autofilled the lot numbers.
> It would automatically stop when the lot quantity was "exhausted"
>
> And we had a rapid lot select on the sales side as well- the user could
> quickly select multiple lots as needed.
>
> I would have attached a screenshot - but it is too large so I'll send it to
> your email acct.
>
> HS
>
> "Marisol" <mmortera@epartnersolutions.com> wrote in message
> : Hi!
> :
> : Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item
> : receipt?  My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to auto
> : assign this.  Any ideas?  Thanks!
> : --
> : Marisol Mortera

0
mmortera (78)
10/25/2005 6:47:02 PM
Marisol,
It was done in Dexterity; this is not something that can be done in VBA yet,
although with the introduction of Web Services
starting in GP9, customizations will slowly move out of Dex and into Visual
Studio, but we are still a long way from that.

: Thank you so much!!  Do you think you can send it to mmortera@gmail.com
also?
: Did you use VBA for this?  I'm new to VBA so any tips would help.  I guess
: the tricky part is that my client uses different lot numbering schemes per
: warehouse.  Do you foresee this as something hard to do?  Thanks and look
: forward to your email.
: --
: Marisol Mortera
:
:
: "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
:
: > Marisol,
: >
[...]
: > your email acct.
: >
: > HS
: >
: > "Marisol" <mmortera@epartnersolutions.com> wrote in message
: > news:742C4710-B0D6-4D62-B091-2F6BD06CEA19@microsoft.com...
: > : Hi!
: > :
: > : Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item
: > : receipt?  My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to
auto
: > : assign this.  Any ideas?  Thanks!
: > : --
: > : Marisol Mortera
: >
: >
: >
: >
: >

0
HSalim (1270)
10/25/2005 7:04:12 PM
can you send me the screenshot as well. If you have chunk file that can work
with TWO, I will be interested in taking a look at it.

jacktundra@hotmail.com

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> Marisol,
> It was done in Dexterity; this is not something that can be done in VBA yet,
> although with the introduction of Web Services
> starting in GP9, customizations will slowly move out of Dex and into Visual
> Studio, but we are still a long way from that.
>
> HS
>

> "Marisol" <mmortera@epartnersolutions.com> wrote in message
> : Thank you so much!!  Do you think you can send it to mmortera@gmail.com
> also?
> : Did you use VBA for this?  I'm new to VBA so any tips would help.  I guess
> : the tricky part is that my client uses different lot numbering schemes per
> : warehouse.  Do you foresee this as something hard to do?  Thanks and look
> : forward to your email.
> : --
> : Marisol Mortera
> :
> :
> : "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
> :
> : > Marisol,
> : >
> : > Yes indeed, I created one for a client.  You probably will not be able
> : > use it as-is because of some client specific functionality but
> : > I'm sure you could use this as a stepping stone.
> : >
> : > The key features were that it would allow for rapid lot number entry by
> : > a. Auto-incrementing the lot number - we had Alphanumeric lot numbers so
> we
> : > added a suffix and
> : > b. copy the previous lot attributes and quantity into the next line
> : >
> : > The effect was that the user would enter one line, then hold the tab key
> : > while the program autofilled the lot numbers.
> : > It would automatically stop when the lot quantity was "exhausted"
> : >
> : > And we had a rapid lot select on the sales side as well- the user could
> : > quickly select multiple lots as needed.
> : >
> : > I would have attached a screenshot - but it is too large so I'll send it
> : > your email acct.
> : >
> : > HS
> : >
> : > "Marisol" <mmortera@epartnersolutions.com> wrote in message
> : > news:742C4710-B0D6-4D62-B091-2F6BD06CEA19@microsoft.com...
> : > : Hi!
> : > :
> : > : Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item
> : > : receipt?  My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to
> auto
> : > : assign this.  Any ideas?  Thanks!
> : > : --
> : > : Marisol Mortera
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : >

0
Jack4963 (284)
10/25/2005 7:40:02 PM
Marisol,
I have done serious modifications to Great Plains including Auto Numbering
on some other screen but don't know how to get to the screen where you need
the Auto Numbering. Post the key strokes and I will take a look.

"Jack" wrote:

> [...]
> > : > It would automatically stop when the lot quantity was "exhausted"
> > : >
> > : > And we had a rapid lot select on the sales side as well- the user could
> > : > quickly select multiple lots as needed.
> > : >
> > : > I would have attached a screenshot - but it is too large so I'll send it
> > : > your email acct.
> > : >
> > : > HS
> > : >
> > : > "Marisol" <mmortera@epartnersolutions.com> wrote in message
> > : > news:742C4710-B0D6-4D62-B091-2F6BD06CEA19@microsoft.com...
> > : > : Hi!
> > : > :
> > : > : Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item
> > : > : receipt?  My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to

0
Shariq (273)

sequential number
I want to a sequential number to fill in automatically each time the form is filled out. Malissa, A simple way would be to use something like this, you could assign it to a button, an open or before print event. Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others...

Auto Archived emails lost
My boss has auto archiving set up on his laptop. He recently went into the archive folders to pull out some data that was there a week prior and discovered all of the folders were there but no emails remained. We are using Outlook 2003 and recently switched our email from one server to another. Could we have lost the actual emails in the move? Is there anyway to recover them? Any insight appreciated. Unless you kept your .pst files on a server, they are local and should not disappear irrespective of what server moves happened. Ensure that the archive.pst file is the only one. If yes,...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

Question on Returns to Vendor without PO & Receipt number
Our company switched to Great Plains Dynamics from Simply Accounting 3 months ago. We currently need to return some of the inventory items to our vendors. However, when we try to enter a transaction entry in Purchasing/Returns Transaction Entry, in the detail lines we are asked for the PO number or the receipt number. We are not allowed to go further or save without the PO number or receipt number. When we converted from Simply Accounting, all we entered was the beginning balance of the vendors and only the PO's which we expect to receive. The older PO's were not carried over. W...

i am receiving every emai twice?? can anyone help with this issue
I would appreciate any advice cheers, See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ETA" <ETA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5939A41A-2CBC-415A-BA84-C14C2FD19084@microsoft.com... > I would appreciate any advice > > cheers, ...

Emailing Tracking Numbers
I have integrated a website with RMS. When orders come in, I make them a workorder and send a PO to the distributor that will ship the product. At the end of the day, the distrbutor sends me the tracking number. When I bring up the customers order and enter the tracking number, I then complete the transcation, then press Shift/Control/F8 to mark the order processed. Does this send the tracking number to the customer? If not, how can I do that with out going to Outlook and physically doing so? Bill, RMS does not send one. Sounds like a good idea though. Maybe add it to the sugge...

Does anyone know how to assign tasks to multiple individuals?
We use organizational boxes and have ocassion to send tasks out to other org boxes (6 usually). The problem is that you (apparently) lose the ability to track individually when you do this. Does anyone have any ideas, other than assigning 6 separate tasks (1 for each org box...). Thanks! ...

Unable to Open received PO (change to "change order")
Great Plains will not allow me to change this Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: Here is the message I get: However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: How can I re-open this Purchase Order so I can change the price??? Thank you. Unfortunately, the pasted messages did not come through. Once a line item is received, you can change its cost only during invoice matching. The process would be to return the item; add a new row with the correct cost; and receive and invoice the new item. Not an elegant solution, for sure. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

Select a certain number of cells in a row
Hi, I'd like to have the macro to select row 5 to 10 in the active column. May I know what is the VB code to write? Regards, Valerie maybe... dim myRng as range dim myCol as long with activesheet mycol = activecell.Column set myrng = .range(.cells(5,mycol),.cells(10,mycol)) end with myrng.select ======= or with activesheet .cells(5,activecell.column).resize(6).select end with I'm not quite sure why you want to select that range. But for the most part, if you act directly on the range (and avoid .selects), you're code will work faster and be easier to modify. Dolph...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

2007 Slide Numbering doesn't work
I have a presentation in which the numbering doesn't work...I've gone step by step through everything I can find but I don't see it. Checked the master to ensure a placeholder was there, that the text is visible. I click on the slide thumbnail, click insert / slide number, check off slide numbering, click apply to all and okay. Nothing appears. When I go back to insert / slide number, nothing is checked. Any thoughts? Try ticking the option for slide number in Insert | Header and Footer instead. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's ne...

can not receive emails with web links attached
Could someone tell me how to change controls to allow for emails with website links attached to come through? I can not receive emails with website links attached. ...

macro to generate next number
Hi, i need a macro to look in sheet 2 column A and look at the last filled cell. In the last filled cell i have a number. When i run macro, i need to generate (in sheet1 A1) the number from the last filled cell +1. EX: sheet 2 last filled cell = 29 sheet1 after macro i need to have in A1 = 30 Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, Yuo can have a macro if you want but you don't need one, try this =OFFSET(Sheet2!A1,COUNTA(Sheet2!A:A)-1,0) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still suffici...

List number of permutations for text nums
I've got 4 digit text nums in A1 down In B1 down, I would like to list the corresponding number of permutations, eg: 7777 1 1777 4 0044 6 2477 12 1234 24 Game for any formula, udf or other vba solution Thanks for insights Sub permutations() Dim I As Integer, J As Integer, Rng As Integer Rng =3D Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row J =3D 1 Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" For I =3D 1 To Rng Cells(J, "D").Value =3D "'" & ActiveCell & Cells(I, &qu...

Outlook sends email to isp but no longer receives email.
Outlook 2000 SP3 has been working just fine on a WinXP SP2 system. Now it sends ok, but times out when trying to receive. All the settings are the same as they have been. Outlook 2000 email works fine with an older Win98 system using the same settings, so its not the server. The symptoms are strange. If there are no messages in the mailbox, the delivering window flashes on and off like it should. However, if there are messages delivering comes on and Trend PCcillin Internet Security comes on and says it is scanning incoming mail, but an Outlook error message comes up saying that some mes...

Auto Add-on?
Is There a way to get a dialog box to come up with a specifc item asking if an add on item would like to be purchased? For example... When a designer dress SKU is entered a dialog box pops up and asks if the customer would like to purchase a custom printed garment bag for $5.00. Then press yes to add the additional item and no if not? Thanks Scott, The best you can do out of the box is item messages which will only prompt the cashier, not actually add the item. If you are interested in having this functionality we could certainly design a custom solution for you. For more inform...

Monitoring Received and Sent Emails
As the owner of my company, I would like to have my IT Dpt monitor some people's emails (Received and Sent) to make sure that my customers who send in inquiry or questions are answered immediately. Before put in this request and without sounding stupid, I wanted to check if there is someone who knows if this can be done and how it can be accomplished without the knowledge of the people being monitored.Thanks in advance for your assistance. There is an option in exchange 2000 as well as 2003 to archive all emails sent and recieved by a storage group, this archive will be sent to a sep...

page number
How do I remove page number from single pages, not only frontpage You can either insert a section break either side the un-numbered page and change the numbering in the new section or you can conditionally insert the page number in all the pages using fields e.g. {IF {Page} <> 4 "{Page}"} will insert the page number on all pages except page 4. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mv...

Convert Text to Number on 4,508 excel files.
Hi all. I'm faced with a rather unique problem.I have a large amount of improperly formatted excel files. They all have various cells formatted as text, yet they contain numbers and perform calculations on the cells. I now need to get these in a proper state. What I need is: Conversion of all text boxes containing numbers over to proper format of number. Do it automagically. I don't relish the thought of opening each one individually and fixing it. Any thoughts, tips or ideas on this? It could possible if you process that works by Scripting . In Scripting engine 5.6 Filesystem...

Receiving 2 of every message
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

HELP! Outlook Keeps Receiving Same E-Mail Messages
Hello: I keep getting the same 6 e-mail messages. This is after calling Norton and Comcast re receiving the same 3 e-mail messages (538 of them since midnight Dec 3!). Of course, it was not their problem, so it must be Outlook. Any thoughts. It sounds like you have an email message with a large attachment that is bogging down your account. What happens with the email is once you have connected to your ISP and clicked on the send/receive button if the connection is lost it will start over again until it can pull all of your messages in 1 sweep. You will need to log on to your accou...

Assigning Accounts should not assign cases and activities
Our Tech Support team manages cases. They lose track of the cases when we assign Accounts because they don't own the account. We also have many people with activities for accounts they don't own. They lose track of the activities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Auto Filter 03-10-10
When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then go back to select all criteria certain rows are hidden, it does show all rows. Anyone know why? Did you mean "it does NOT show all rows"? If yes, then I'm guessing that you have more than one field/column filtered. In xl2003 menus, I'd use: Data|Filter|show all On the xl2007 ribbon, I think it's: Data tab|Sort & Filter group|Clear GV wrote: > > When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then > go back to select all criteria cer...

BCC
I put the adresses on th BCC field but when the message is received the receiver can see the addresses instead of undisclosed-recipient. (Windows XP Professional, Outlook from Microsoft OfficeXP Suite) Does the recipient see more than just his/own address? Does it also happen when you supply at least one "To" address? Can you reproduce it over and over again? Does the same happen when you test it with Outlook Express using the same account? If so; contact your mail administrator/ISP to verify the mailserver settings -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tip...