Audit Trails - Tables with text columns

Hi All,
I have noticed that when using "Audit Trails", you cannot add tables with
text columns (notes fields) into the Auditable tables section of the Audit
Trail Maintenance screen.
How can i get around this problem? I would have thought that all tables
could be made auditable?

regards,
TP

0
trevorp1 (1)

ClistCtrl > How to auto-adjust columns size ?
Hi all, I have a CListCtrl in report view, two columns, hidden headerCtrl. I populate it with some items (less than 10). I'd like to programmatically auto-adjust the columns width according to their content, exactly like pressing Ctrl+'+' on a ListCtrl. Any idea ? Thanks, Dansk "Dansk" <dansk@laouilest.com> wrote in message news:e1x4VF9wHHA.276@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have a CListCtrl in report view, two columns, hidden headerCtrl. > I populate it with some items (less than 10). > > I'd like to programmatically auto-adjus...

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Changing text size
Hi, We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database auto finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case. Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill. I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note) Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that is happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable. You could enter a suggestion on Customer Sou...

Changing the Tooltip text in an SDI Toolbar
I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar. Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken If you are talking about tooltip info of a particular button on a toolbar, change it in resource editor by double clicking on the button and changing the text that appears at the bottom of the dialog. Text that appears before \n is tootip. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ken Slight" <kslight@char...

importing multiple text files???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

query with inline dummy table
Is there a way in Access to create a query that contains the table records within the query itself? I want to avoid creating a dummy table and just use values within the query definition. I was thinking about using syntax similar to the insert into statement I would use to populate the dummy table, but I'm not sure if I have a syntax problem or I'm trying to solve an impossible problem. The query I'm thinking of might look something like this: select * from values("test"); -or- select * from ( ("1/1/07","2/1/07","3/1/07","4/1/07&qu...

workaround for non normalized table
I've inherited a database that relies heavily on a non normalized table. Until I can convince the general manager that I can normalize the data without losing any records, I've got to have a workaround for certain situations. Namely, I need to ensure that data is not being badly reproduced at various stages of our operations. I would therefore like to reference the information directly from the main table in order to populate certain information in related tables. In this case, the main table uses [Order Number] as its primary key, and ties it to a bunch of information like ...

Error in code exportin tables to excel
I'm tryin to export a table to excel with the code: Private Sub Command4_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "F01_UT" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, F01_UT, "C:\TRY\Tbls", True Exit_Command0_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command0_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command0_Click End Sub However, Access displays the message: Compile error : Syntax error What I'm doing wrong? If I want to export more tablas do I have to write more lines (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpr...

Field service table structure and field definitions
The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data flows. Thanks, Will You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WS" wrote: > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field > service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying th...

VBA code to hide all the tables on form open
I don't want people to use a blank mdb to import my tables. I manually hide them all. However, after running the macro to delete all records and import from .txt, the table become unhide. I do the importation on daily basis. I posted to macro newsgroup and asked way to hide table after importation action macro but got no answer. Maybe it cannot be done in macro? If so, I need VBA code to hide all the tables on form open. Thanks. Hiding your tables won't prevent people from being able to import them into a blank mdb. All they have to do is ensure that they've set the datab...

dynamically filtered pivot table
I'm trying to make a pivot table that will dynamically hide a section o its contents based on a boolean operator the user can set. Becaus this boolean is used in several places, I don't want to require th user to manually set the visibility parameters for the pivot table. It seems like the only way to do this effectively is to have th booleans set by a button, and have the button not only toggle th boolean, but also change the visibility in the pivot table. here's the code i've tried: Sub ToggleButton1_Click() If ToggleButton1.Caption = "Include" Then 'C...

Exporting a table from Access 2003 to Excel 2007
I am trying to export a table from Access 2003 with more than 100,000 records into Excel 2007 and am not having any luck. I do not find the 2007 file extension in the drop down and choosing the latest version only exports part of the table. Any thoughts on whether this is possible to do? -- Carol Hi Carol, This is even hard to do with Excel 2007. You won't be able to do it directly with Excel 2003. You could export the file as a comma separated value with a csv suffix. By default Excel usually opens csv files. However you may lose formatting and other stuff. I ju...

45 Degree Angled Text & Fill Option
I have Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) running on XP and I'm wondering if this is a bug or not. If you have text in the first Row and you set it to 45 degrees angled, if you try and fill different cells with different fill colors, sometimes the box will fill angled, othertimes straight up and down. As a simple test, try creating a blank worksheet and make the first 3 columns 35 each in width and 100 in height. The type some text in each of the cells - not too much. Now select all 3 cells and format their alignment to 45 degrees. Now pick each one of the cells and fill each with a different ...

stationary column on a spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that i want to make the first column not move when i scroll to the right. And one teach a dummy. Select cell B1 Choose Window > Freeze Panes wc4ew wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that i want to make the first column not move when i > scroll to the right. And one teach a dummy. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Text in pivot table limited to 255 characters
I am using a pivot table as an efficient way to aggregate text responses from a large data set. However, the pivot table cuts off the text after the first 255 characters (similar to when you copy a worksheet by using the move/copy option). How can I overcome this? I have tried putting the pivot table on the same sheet as the dataset, but that does not work. I should also note that these pivot tables are then fed into an automated report through a complicated set of VLOOKUPs, etc. The pivot table aggregates several questions and responses from many areas of the datset into one discr...

Count Text Data
Using 2007 on Vista If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there is a blank, what formula do I use to count how many cells have text in them per column? Many thanks =COUNTA(A2:A200) will count everything except blanks post back if you have numbers as well that should not be counted -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom <weewillie@anon.com> wrote in message news:lfm764d39m4prld1iiqllpjuen7a1eptoq@4ax.com... > Using 2007 on Vista > > If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there > is a blank, what formula do I use to count...

count data in column
Hi, I am using excel97 and trying to create a chart that has 5 columns of data in it a,b,c,d,e. I an trying to make a chart only for certain data in column a and column d. The data that I key off of is in column d and begins with s/ how can I count the number of s/ in column d? how can I create a chart that shows both and only that data that begins with s/ and the data in column a? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In cell F2 (I assume row 1 has headers) enter this formula: =LEFT(D2,2) and fill it down as far as you need. select any cell in the table, and apply an au...

How can you get Column graphs to be next to each other instead of spaced apart?
Thanks You are welcome. :-) -- David Biddulph <simonlavender@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1926b4aa-693f-41fa-a986-1aca28eb78b7@j1g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > Thanks Hi Simon, If you just want the columns closer together, select the series, > Format data series > options, and reduce the the Gap Width. Dave "simonlavender@gmail.com" wrote: > Thanks > ...

Replace the column letters with my own heading
I want to know how i can i replace the column letters so i can put in my heading so that i always know which coumn i'm in and which question i'm answering when i'm entering data further down the page. Or any way that i can get my headings to follow down the page as i'm entering data so i can always see it no matter how many rows down i am. If your headings are in row 1 Click in cell A2 and Goto Window>Freeze Panes. Freeze Panes freezes anything above and to the left of the active cell. HTH Martin "Catter77" <Catter77@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

problem with mulit-column value list combo box
I am trying to read the values of 2 columns of the selected item in a multi-column combo box. cboField1 is the multi-column combo box cboField1.rowsource=3Dr1c1;r1c2;r2c1;r2c2;r3c1;r3c2..... cboField1 Row Source Type=3DValue List cboField1 Column Count=3D2 Me("cboField1").ItemData(2) gives me the value for column #1 in row #2 Me("cboField1").Column(1) gives me the value for column #2 in row #1 I can't find the syntax for getting the value for column #2 in row #2. Thanks for any help! THANKS! David G. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:38:31 -0500, Dav...

Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function?
Wednesday afternoon Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function? I need to adjust some columns for a report. But I cannot find a way to display the current width in units that I can then place in a VBA macro. Would be very good to have the macro read the values entered in a set of columns and change the width accordingly. (This is very easy in Quattro pro.) J Have a look at ShowWidth at: http://www.sulprobil.com/html/get_cell.html HTH, Bernd -- Use non-volatile INDEX(P11:IV65536,1+w,1+y):INDEX(P11:IV65536,w+y,x+z) instead of volatile OFFSET(P11,w,x,y,z)...

Can I make a worksheet with more than 256 columns?
I need to multiply a large matrix, say 500 by 500, and I'd like to use the MMULT function. The kicker is that MMULT seems to be expecting a row of a matrix to be in a single row of the spreadsheet. My questions are two; 1) Can I create a worksheet with more than 256 columns? 2) If I'm limited to 256 columns, is there a work around? I'm not interested in using VBA because I want to apply SOLVER to this spreadsheet. Thanks, Jim Time to upgrade to Excel 2007! "Jim" <jvbeaupre@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:4ca6cf70-0a04-4198-9fae-aa2ea67ed889@d2g2000pra.googl...

Text overflows manually placed on pages
Explain how text overflows are manually placed on other pages. Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Explain how text overflows are manually placed on other pages. No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

CRM 4.0 entity view column properties
Has anyone run into this? Using the Web Client, in customizations open an entity and one of the views. Click on a column heading and try to change its properties (the width of the column). I get an alert that says "Select the column whose properties you want to change". Clearly not recognizing that I've clicked on a column. Using the Outlook Client this works fine. Sort of strange... Hi Bob, You can know if a column is selected if it has green border surrounding it. Can you see this before you click on "Change Properties"? When you launch any View page (s...