Attachments to window notes vs record notes

Got an odd situation.  On record notes we have the paperclip and can attach
files with no problems.  On window notes there is no paperclip.  Never tried
to attach a document to a window note before but always assumed that both
record level and window level notes would act the same way.  Has anyone else
seen this?  Should we be able to attach documents to window level notes?
GP10, SP3.  Thx.

No - the behaviour you are seeing is by design. Window notes have never
allowed for OLE attachments.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"irishjamr" wrote:

> Got an odd situation.  On record notes we have the paperclip and can attach
> files with no problems.  On window notes there is no paperclip.  Never tried
> to attach a document to a window note before but always assumed that both
> record level and window level notes would act the same way.  Has anyone else
> seen this?  Should we be able to attach documents to window level notes?
> GP10, SP3.  Thx.

can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail automatically?
can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail automatically? what i want to do is once there is a new mail comes, outlook will automatically download the attachment, it would be better if it can be set to download some specific attachement? Thanks Not sure what you mean. Are you using POP or IMAP? By default, in POP, the attachment will download automatically with the message. Linus wrote: > can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail > automatically? > > what i want to do is once there is a new mail comes, > outlook will automatically download t...

Attaching Chart to Email?
I have an Excel spreadsheet, and derived from it 5 charts. How can I attach one of the charts to an email to send to someone? (I know how to attach the whole spreadsheet, and the associated charts, but I don't want to send the spreadsheet and the other 4 charts, because they contain data not appropriate to share with the email recipient.) Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Hi CWLee Try this example http://www.rondebruin.nl/mai...

ranking the records
i have a table like this name dept sales rank ram purchase 230 1 bill purchase 120 2 mol purchase 40 3 steve purchase 24 4 ram logistics 89 1 ram logistics 23 2 bill logistics 12 3 mol logistics 4 4 steve logistics 2 5 I already have the first three columns in one of my tables. I want to create a query which can give me the fourth column the rank column. Rankings change once the dept changes as you could see above. How to create a query to create a new column like rank plea...

Need Advice: International Offices, Small groups, 1 domain -- SBS vs Exchange 2003?
Preface: I want to setup Exchange for a small international company. 4 offices around the globe, 2 in Europe, 1 in Asia, 1 in US. Only have one domain name. Currently, each subdomain is controlled by each branch independently. So, it's us.domain.com, and uk.domain.com, etc. We want to consolidate it. There are only 40 employees spread across the globe and everyone potentially travels or works remotely from time-to-time. I want all the functionality of a domain server for the entire company, VPN and full functionality of Exchange (especially calendar and global access lists) Questio...

Windows XP and Office 97 Outlook
I just installed XP and my old Office 97 suite. How do I configure Outlook 97 to work with XP? Outlook 97 should work the same way it worked under your old operating system... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Danny Chamrad" <djc2@tisd.net> wrote in message news:0f6b01c358fb$c0790ca0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed XP and my old Office 97 suite. How do I > configure Outlook 97 to work with XP? > > ...

Second window for second excel file
How to open second excel fine in seperate window Hi goto 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Murthy wrote: > How to open second excel fine in seperate window ...

adding something so a spreadsheet can be emailed as an attachment
I would like to add something visual on a spreadsheet (which is an order form) so after my customers have filled it out they can SIMPLY click a "button" and it will automatically send to my email address the completed spreadsheet as an attachment, IS this possible? Thanks Vid Is it possible to assign a Macro to do something like this ? Maybe you could add a button from the Forms toolbar and assign a macro that does the emailing. Ron de Bruin has lots of sample code that may help. If you have followup questions, you may want to include as much info as you know about your custom...

WINDOWS 7 NEWSGROUP(s) IS/ARE HERE
Where is 'Windows7" Newsgroup? This question is being asked here (on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general): methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note" everyone is tired of answering. Some of us feel that the question is repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves. Let's answer this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a "sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: ********************...

Mail Message window position
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When opening a mail message it positions itself in the upper left corner of my monitor. Can this be set to a new default postion? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CA93E5.598E43D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What Entourage update you have on your Mac? Entourage --> about = Entourage. <19ertim@officeformac.com> wrote in message = news:59bb0bde.-1@webcrossing....

Uninstalling PDW app in Windows Vista
Hello. I had a client install an Access app I built using Access XP and package with the Package and Deployment Wizard onto his Windows Vista laptop. I've looked into this briefly, and I see that older installation packages run under "virtualization" for Windows Vista - copies of the files get placed in a user-specific folder, and if you use the registry, you're only accessing a virtual copy of it. I've found, though, that when uninstalling the Access application that the "virtualized" copies don't seem to be removed. I find them under "Desktop/[User...

Winmail.dat message When Attachments
The problem is that when I send attachments (at least to people who are not using Outlook), instead of receiving them, they get a file named winmail.dat, which leads them nowhere. I know this usually happens when you send text in RTF or Word to those who cannot recognize it. However, I always send my mail as Plain Text, which is the standard solution that Microsoft gives for resolving the problem. I'm using Office and Outlook 2000 (IMO, 9.0.0.2711) on Win98. I can get around the problem by zipping the attachments, but that is a nuisance for me and the recipient. In looking at some of th...

Will I lose my programs if I reinstalled Windows XP?
I have a Trojan on my computer that my Norton Antivirus cannot repair or remove. It is: Backdoor.Tidserv!inf and is located in C: windows/system32 folder. I have already ran Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware and CCleaner without success. System restore would not go back further than December 9, 2009. Is it possible to restore to 30 days prior? Will I lose my programs already installed on my computer if I reinstalled Windows XP? Can I replace the system32 file only? Please tell me what is the best solution. I cannot understand the Windows Recovery from the XP CD. Thank you, Alla...

File info from Windows Explorer to Excel?
I need to create a list of the file information from Windows Explorer to MS Excel. I used to have a dos command to do this. Please advise how this can be done. Thank you Regards I assume you mean the Dir command. This is still possible from the command prompt. Go to Start|Run and enter cmd. -- Ian -- "Wordgeek" <Wordgeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACE32060-668D-4A76-B901-1AEB70925A47@microsoft.com... >I need to create a list of the file information from Windows Explorer to MS > Excel. I used to have a dos command to do this. Please advise ho...

Personalized Toolbar in 2003 vs 2007
I have a personalized toolbar in 2003 excel version (which contains many tickmarks like PY, CY, etc.).......I have loaded the same in 2007 excel as well and it works fine.....But when you copy paste a worksheet from 2003 to 2007 with the tickmarks on them it disappears....does anyone has a clue abt it ...

Prompt to Ask If User Wants to Create a Duplicate Record
For example, let's say there's already a record for Mary Shelly, and I have a new Mary Shelly that I'm trying to add to my database. Can I make it so that Access will prompt me and say "There is already a record matching this description. Do you wish to continue?" Hi Dove, I'm assuming first and last name are in the same field. Create a button or Label and add this code to the On Click event but make the following changes to the code: NAMEFIELD= The name of the field where the name is kept on the form TABLEWITHUSERNAMES = The name of the table where the username i...

Great Plains 7.0 vs 9.0
We are using GP 7.0. Do anyone has any comparsion data for Great Plains 7.0 vs 9.0? Also, where can I find What's new in Great Plains 9.0? Thank you KBrown There's way too many features to list between 7 and 9. If you have the 8.0 cd, and the 9.0 cd's simply put them in, go to the documentation button, and click the either release notes or what's new button. Mike (there is also a whatsnew.chm file on the 9.0 cd) "KBrown" <KBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2B779EB-4E6C-4E2F-B803-85497F54650E@microsoft.com... > We are using GP 7...

Windows server 2003 R2
Hi, I'm new to dfs, and I would like to know if it is possible to have under 1 dfs root 4 servers that are in replication ? So you have one dfs root with under it 2 servers in replication and 2 other servers that are also in replication. How should I set this up ? Thanks a lot, GM ...

can't add my True Type Windows Fonts
I have tried loading my Font files to C:/Windows/Fonts, they do appear inside the directory when viewing thru my File Manager, but when using my programs, they don't show up in any of my Font menu pulldowns; only the default fonts that come with the machine. I'm using Windows XP Pro ?? chumley Try loading them via Control Panel > Fonts > File > Install New Fonts. -- Rey "chumley" wrote: > I have tried loading my Font files to C:/Windows/Fonts, they do appear > inside the directory when viewing thru my File Manager, but when using > my...

Workflow and GP10 Install
Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server that has (according to me) all the pre-requisites installed needed for Dynamics GP 10 Workflow including Windows 2003 Server, IIS, Sharepoint, Web Services e.t.c. The problem I am having is after completing the install screens e.g. specifying web services URL and security admin service URL e.t.c. When I click on Install, it comes up with an error that 'Workflow needs to be installed on a Windows 2003 Server' - which is ludicrous as we are on one. Any ideas please. Thanks Neil Neil, Workflow will only install on the following versions of Windo...

receiving pic attach broken into pieces
My friend is trying to send, as an attachment, a picture that is showing as 73 KB on her machine. It's a jpeg pic and she is using html format for her email from Outlook Express. When it arrives into my Outlook 2003 inbox, there is no attachment, the picture is plain text part of the email and is broken into numerous email messages. Whose settings have to change? and what settings cause this? Thanks! Linda "Linda" said in news:902501c3ea8f$c2273c40$a101280a@phx.gbl: > My friend is trying to send, as an attachment, a picture > that is showing as 73 KB on her machine....

Problem with Outlook sending attachments endlessly
One of my PCs is having a problem sending attachments through Outlook XP. When sending attachments of even moderate size (~750kb), the attachment is sent and then queued again and then sent and then .... Outlook endlessly sends the attachment, flooding my poor recipients. I have tried two completely different SMTP servers with the same result. The odd thing is that my other PC, also with Outlook XP installed, has no problems sending attachments. Any ideas on this one? After queuing an email with an attachment this morning, I came back from lunch and found that it had sent the same email 7...

Newsgroup for Windows 7
Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7? I want to create shortcuts to a program but it doesn't show the program location. I want to change icons for a program but it won't do it. I know this one is for XP, but I can't find a Windows 7 one. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk On 14/06/2010 12:16, Steve Hayes wrote: > Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7? > > I want to create shortcuts to a...

Windows 7 FTP firewall
Hi, Setup a new client on W7 enterprise on a SBS 2003 ISA 2004 network. When I try to use Filezilla to upload some webpages it times out. Added filezilla to excluded programs on Windows firewall and opened port 21. Tried a different FTP program same problem. No joy. Another client running XP Pro works fine with Filezilla. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks, Lyj Changing the firewall on W7 probably made no difference, since all outbound ports are open by default. Your problem probably lies with ISA. What does the realtime monitoring screen show in ISA? Have you inst...

size of window upon opening a spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I open my spreadsheet, sometimes it opens to a window that only shows the cells I want to see. Other times it opens showing those cells plus several rows and columns larger. Why does it not always show the area that was shown when it was last saved? I'm not sure I have the 'absolute' answer because I experience the same sort of thing once in a while � not just with Excel or Office, but a variety of file types. However, the way it reputedly works is that the window size retained should be whateve...

Bold Font vs NOT Bold Font
I have an Access Application that prints labels for medical devices. I am printing the Greek Symbol "Capital O with a Slash" (Ø) using Arial Unicode MS, 14 pt. (Symbol commonly used for diameter.) Not Bold. I have also set the font weight to Very Light or Thin as an experiment. Right next to it (In a different control), is the number 10, Using Arial, 14 pt. Bold. Next to that in a different control also is "mm", using Arial 10 pt. NOT bold. Looks fine in print preview. However, when I print it on any of my 4 printers, the Greek Symbol appea...