Attach Trigger to Save Function of Form

I am in the processes of trying to attach a trigger to the Save function of
an already existing GP form using Dex.  In one of the documents, it states
that the CM_Checkbook_Maitenance has a SaveRecord function.  I am trying to
acces the function that is similar to this on the PM_Vendor_Maitenance form.
I tried using SaveRecord and when I tried to compile it it says that it is an
unknown reference.  Is there some documentation with a list of the functions
for each form?

Mike,

  PM_Vendor_Maintenance is an older form and probably doesn't have a
SaveRecord function.

  Try running the 'Save Record' field script.

  Also, I believe the SDK has information regarding the function/procedures
available on forms.

Lorren

"Michael Novak" wrote:

> I am in the processes of trying to attach a trigger to the Save function of
> an already existing GP form using Dex.  In one of the documents, it states
> that the CM_Checkbook_Maitenance has a SaveRecord function.  I am trying to
> acces the function that is similar to this on the PM_Vendor_Maitenance form.
> I tried using SaveRecord and when I tried to compile it it says that it is an
> unknown reference.  Is there some documentation with a list of the functions
> for each form?
0
zman (81)
5/31/2007 6:43:01 PM
Hi Michael

Use the Script logging feature of the debugger to log saving a record.

It will tell you whether the form saves using a SaveRecord() function, a
Save_Record procedure or a 'Save Record' field change script.

The methods can differ from form to form.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Michael Novak" wrote:

> I am in the processes of trying to attach a trigger to the Save function of
> an already existing GP form using Dex.  In one of the documents, it states
> that the CM_Checkbook_Maitenance has a SaveRecord function.  I am trying to
> acces the function that is similar to this on the PM_Vendor_Maitenance form.
> I tried using SaveRecord and when I tried to compile it it says that it is an
> unknown reference.  Is there some documentation with a list of the functions
> for each form?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Trying to put job# picked in combo box from Main form into Subform
Below is the code I put in and there is an erro Me![Job] = Forms!frmljncCleaning!cbojoblocautonum.Column(1) I am trying to automatically fill in the job(number) in the subform based off of what is selected in the combo box of the main form - the job number is the second field in the combo box. I am sure sytax is wrong somewhere - just not sure where?? Thanks, Barb No I am getting the below error with the suggested code Invalid reference to the parent property The combo box of jobsloacautonum is actually an unbound combo box the only thing bound on the main form is the date. Would l...

how to active the ribbon Tab automatically when the form opens[Access 2007]
Dear I built a ribbon tab for a form. It works fine and when the form opening, the ribbon will be loaded fine. But it would be focus (or active) automatically. It still focus in the tab where I set now. Please help.!!urgent.!! Another question: is the callbacks for the ribbon always in Modules? I remember in Access 2003, the callbacks function could be in the form class modules. If all the callbacks should be in the Modules, does it mean we need distinguish which form or report is active now? Thank you very much. Jason Jiang Hi Ribbon is the new command bar system in office 2007...

Help building a filter on a form
Okay, I downloaded the Issue database template and simplified it greatly. Now, I can't get the "search issues" form to work. I have the following controls on my search form: Application (dropdown list) TextSearch (text field) I'd like to modify the existing code so that when I make an entry and click the "search" button, it will make the form footer visible (where the "browse_all_issues" form is imbedded as a subform). That part works. But, the next lines set the filter and turn it on... Me.FormFooter.Visible = True DoCmd.Mo...

Save n Refresh New Form
Hi All, I have use the 'Save' command button in the access2000. However, I need additional function when I click the 'Save' button. Click 'Save' - 'Yes' --> Save the data and then refresh into new form with the Log Number(Primary Key) increase to the next number No issue on the 'No' function. Pls help. Thank you. Private Sub SaveData_Click() On Error GoTo Err_SaveData_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Exit_SaveData_Click: Exit Sub Err_SaveData_Click: MsgBo...

OWA session Timeout (Form Based Auth )
Wondering if it is possible in Exchange 2003 SP2 to have different OWA timeout for different users using the same OWA HTTP VS to connect... If not, can a second HTTP VS on the same server as the first have different timeout, or is it a server setting ( I think it is done trough OWA web admin tool ) !!! Thanks !!! ...

Interrupt heavy processing within a function when ESC is pressed
I have a problem. In my application, a user can trigger a heavy computation of various properties from a dialog window that also shows the progress with a CProgressCtrl. I do not know how to stop the processing if the user decides that the process takes too long. I have a PreTranslateMessage function that checks for ESC key, but it is useless. No matter how many times I press ESC during the computations, the PreTranslateMessage is not called until the computations are complete. Putting Sleep() inside the computations doesn't help. The whole Process sleeps and PreTranslateMessage is not c...

Linked Forms

Unbound Form for Criteria
Hi everyone, How can I make an unbound form pull criteria for: Month vs. Previous month Current Qtr vs. Previous Qtr Current Qtr vs. Previous Year’s Qtr I’ve been around the world and back again on this. Is it a matter of creating expressions for these in a form or should this be a part of the design of my query. My end result is to have a report showing one period vs. the other period and the variance. Please point me in the right direction…please! Thank you, Kay It will take more than an unbound form for the criteria to get your data. You will have to add a cal...

IF Function Help
How do I write a command that says: =if(a1=1&b1=a number, c1/d1,"na") How do I write the "a number" part? Hi Flutie99 Try: =IF(A1=1,IF(ISNUMBER(B1)=TRUE,C1/D1,"na")) -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Flutie99" wrote: > How do I write a command that says: > > =if(a1=1&b1=a number, c1/d1,"na") > > How do I write the "a number" part? If I am reading your post correctly you want a cell to equal C1/D1 when A1=1 and B1= some some number and for the cell to = "na" otherwise =if(and(A1=1,B1=xx),C1/D1,&...

Setting up a Form to be able to print
I have set up a form so as there are two pages (one after the other) on the form. When i view the first page of the form in Print Preview - there are two pages that i am able to print. However, when i print it out, only the "first page" of the Form prints. Any suggestions as to find out how to be able to print both pages of the form? You might try saving the form as a report, then adjusting the margins. Right-click on the form's name in the database window and choose: Save As then change the dropdown in the dialog to Report. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastr...

Crecordset::addnew functionality fails #2
This problem is about recordset functionality. Actually, When using RFX_Int, value 32484 is being treated as null and can't be entered. So converting RFX_Int into RFX_Long and type casting the variable to long can solve this problem. Look at the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170257/en-us But again, value 1246576928 is being treated as null in case of RFX_Long. And when tried to type cast the variable to double, it shows the fractional truncation error and numeric out of range error. So wouid anyone please let me know: 1)How to resolve the issue? 2) How value can be entered in data...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

word attachments on e-mail, docx files, recipient unable to open
I have been sending e-mails as I always have and attaching them in the way I always have, all of a sudden word documents are coming up as docx files and the recipients cannot open them, I have only recently gone onto Vista and microsoft offoce 2007. This has only happened recently with new docs that I have created on the new system. It is frustrating my customers and my hair is now falling out. Please help! That's because Word 2007 saves documents in a new format, .docx, unless told to do otherwise. There are two solutions: 1. Do a "Save As" and save documents in Word 97-...

Save or Export to CSV
Hello, I have a macro that i recorded that is intended to export (save) data from the active worksheet within a workbook to a CSV file. The problem i'm having is that the macro is saving the entire workbook to a CSV. My file name is even changing. Following is the code: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Sub SaveAsCSV() ' ' SaveAsCSV Macro ' Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveSheet.SaveAs Filename:= _ "Z:\Timesheet\Time Sheet 2009.csv" _ , FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False Applic...

How do I save a publication as a 300dpi jpeg ?
Hi, (MS Publisher 2002) I am trying to save a publication to a 300dpi jpeg file, however no option for quality comes up when doing a 'save as' and the file is saved at 96dpi ? Also tried saving as .tif file but this was also saved at 96dpi (and could not be read by Photoshop CS) Any help welcomed Regards Nick NickT <NickT@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to save a publication to a 300dpi jpeg file, however no > option for quality comes up when doing a 'save as' and the file is > saved at 96dpi ? Microsoft Publish...

How do I set the worksheet to save before closing?
When there is a change in a worksheet and I try to close it, a message asks me whether I want to save the worksheet or not? How do I turn on this notification before closing the sheet? Open your workbook. Hit Alt+F11 or Tools-->Macro-->Visual basic editor (VBE). On the left, double-click ThisWorkbook. Paste the following code into the ThisWorkbook code window. Hit the Save diskette at top-left. Close the VBE. Make a change to the workbook, and close it to test. Was the change saved? Should be. :) Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveWorkbook.Save...

Saving chart as an image file
I want to create a pie chart in Microsoft Excel, then save it as an image file (.jpg or .gif) so I can put it on a website. How do I do this? Secondly, as I create my pie chart, how do I set my data labels? I want to change them from the default (numbers) to my own description for each slice. Jon Peltier has some instructions in his Excel Charting FAQ article for exporting a chart in gif format: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon008 To add your own labels to the chart, you can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. It's a free add-in that yo...

Outgoing email attachments
We currently use Ipswitch's ICS for email here. But I'm interested to know if Exchange is capable of the following (ICS is not) as we're looking for alternatives to ICS: 1. I want to allow all INCOMING emails to users containing attachments (as long they pass anti-virus scans of course). 2. I want to allow all OUTGOING emails from our users containing attachments to within our own domain. 3. I want to block all or some attachments (based on file types) for OUTGOING emails to external domains for certain users - not all users. Of course, this is for security reasons as we ...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

How do I properly attach vba code to a workbook
I have a function and entered it into the vba editor, syntax and all is clean, but my spreadsheet won't recognize the new command when I go to use it. displays #name? etc. etc. This is my first time to actually use the vba editor, so obviously I'm missing some basics somewhere... T-I-A... Where did you put the code? It should be in a regular code module, NOT a sheet's code module or the ThisWorkbook code module. In the VBA Editor, go to the Insert menu and choose Module. Put the code in that module. Also, if you are attempting to call the function from another workbook,...

attachment is grey cannot open
cannot open attachment. attachment is grey See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#1 The same applies for WinMail. steve "dravidm" <dravidm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:4290840E-7192-446A-940F-5AEC42A8A55C@microsoft.com... > cannot open attachment. attachment is grey ...

Opening Attachments in Outlook 2000
A recent user of mine complained about opening emails with attachments included while on the road, dialing in over a modem line. He wanted to know if there was any way to just receive the text from the message without having to download the attachments once the email is opened....any suggestions? thanks! He could always use www.mailwasher.net to view mail text only. David "**Jeff" <jlemay@artel.com> wrote in message news:0be301c35c23$964d3980$a401280a@phx.gbl... > A recent user of mine complained about opening emails with > attachments included while on the roa...

Creating a form
I have a form with a subform that allows a person to enter all the Sold to Ship To on the top form and the details on the subform.I would like to create a print button on the form that they can click after they finish entering the subform information that will print out a P.O. with all the top and subform info correctly placed on it.Is this very difficult? I am just not sure how it will know to print the current record?Thanks for your help After you add a button to the form to print a report, open the code module and modify the OpenReport method to add a where argument. Help and Intellisense ...

Why does this confuse me?? -- ? on Offset function
I'm trying to understand how/why this works... =OFFSET(A12,MATCH(MAX(E12:E300),E12:E300,0)-1,) So the reference cell is a12 - got that Understand the MATCH/MAX functions. I'm confused about the -1 aspect of the OFFSET function. If I understand this it's referencing one row below the reference A12... however it's referencing the same row.... the formula works, though I'm confused as to why... MATCH returns a number from 1 to n (or, possibly an error). So, if you want to include the value of cell A12 in the calculation then you have to correct the MATCH of...

Save Window sizes in Config file?
Hey, I would like to save my child window sizes in some kind of config file. What is the accepted approach, using the registry somehow? I have seen this stuff before...... theApp.WriteProfileString("Optimizer", "Software", "password"); s = theApp.GetProfileString("Optimizer", "Software"); if(s != "password") errorexit("Illegal Software Security Code!"); Thanks, Wayne Hi, I think you are this way inviting people to start again with the always ongoing discussion of ini files versus registry en...