Ask 2 MSFT Experts About v8.0 Security

Hello all,

Welcome to the first Business Solutions Community discussion held directly
in the Microsoft Great Plains newsgroup. During the week of September 20th,
Microsoft Escalation Engineer Kelly Youells and Microsoft Senior Development
Consultant David Musgrave will answer your version 8.0 security questions
directly in this newsgroup thread.

How is this different than any other week in the newsgroup? While product
experts like Kelly and David may frequent the newsgroup during their workweek
to answer as many questions as they can, they don't necessarily *solicit*
questions on a particular topic as we’re doing here. :)

During this weeklong discussion, these two volunteer experts will each
select 2-3 questions a day to respond to in this thread. Other experts and
users online may also offer their advice here. At the end of the week, we
hope to have a single thread that we can preserve for the benefit of other
users in the future.

Why are we doing a targeted newsgroup discussion like this? Because we want
to give you a chance to voice your questions and concerns about this
particular topic and get some concentrated help from two experts who feature
prominently in the community. And since we've seen a lot of questions raised
on Great Plains 8.0 security in this newsgroup, we figured it would be a good
topic to start with.

Here’s a little more background on our two expert hosts:

Kelly has been an escalation engineer on the Microsoft Business Solutions
environments technical support team for the past five years. She is based in
Fargo, North Dakota, where she spends a majority of each workday helping
customers troubleshoot product upgrade issues. You can read the version 8.0
upgrade Q&A we did with her in July on this Web page:
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/UpgradeChat.aspx.

You may already know David from one of the nine Great Plains newsgroups he
monitors. Based in Perth, Western Australia, David has been working as a
Great Plains developer and consultant for 10 years (the past 3 with
Microsoft). He is currently working with the MBS Services Asia Pacific team
as a support engineer/consultant. He is the original author of Named
Printers, Advanced Security, Field Level Security, and Business Activity
Statement (for Australian GST), and he has made a number of contributions to
the code in the core Great Plains Dictionary.

In this discussion with Kelly and David, you may not get an immediate
answer; it may take a day for them to respond. Throughout the week, they will
check this thread and answer questions at a time that’s convenient for them.
However, you should feel free to post your questions at any time.

You may want to add this discussion to your Favorites list in Internet
Explorer. (To do so, click Favorites; then click Add to Favorites.) Then you
can check back later in the day, or the next day, to see if your question has
been answered. You can click Refresh to see if any new posts have been added
while you’ve been reading this thread.

To post a question or reply in this discussion, follow these steps using the
Web-based newsgroup reader:

1. Click Reply.
2. If prompted, sign in with your .NET Passport.
3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
the Notify me of replies check box.
7. Click Post.

Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
comfortable doing so.

Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
conducting a chat in the newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
on the Business Solutions Community site.

Best wishes,
Michelle

--
Michelle Goodman, Editor
Business Solutions Community
www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community
e-mail me at bizmeet@microsoft.com

a-micheg (46)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

No Ribbon on Publisher 2007 #2
All other Office 2007 display Ribbons, but Publisher do not display ribbon. Please Help. ...

printing 2 charts on single page

Vlookup returns "0"

Recipient Policy help #2
Our default recipient policy is companyname.local. We have 10 other recipient policy’s for each site within our company – they all have separate smtp addresses. The postmaster uses the default recipient policy smtp address companyname.local to send out ndr’s etc. but the address companyname.local is not allowed out of our firewall and it wont be allowed. We can create a new address to add as the default recipient policy which is unique and is allowed through the firewall. Please let me know if this is ok and what I should look out for??? So I am a little confused about what you are as...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Offline folder problems #2

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

VCard issue #2

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2