Archiving

Hi,

I have a client whose database is large, who wnats to reduce the size of the
database and create a new databse for the old information.

Is this possible and how?

Thanks

Michelle
0
Michelle (113)

We have done this. First create a second company as a clone of the first.
This will be the historical company. Then remove historical data in the Live
company. There is quite a bit of work in doing this but it can be done with
relative ease.
info@logicalsolutionsllc.com

"Michelle" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a client whose database is large, who wnats to reduce the size of the
> database and create a new databse for the old information.
>
> Is this possible and how?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michelle
0
LITS (37)
9/12/2005 12:36:04 PM
Hi,
I have had success using Company Data Archive from Professional Advantage.
This product was designed to do this very thing.

"LITS" wrote:

> We have done this. First create a second company as a clone of the first.
> This will be the historical company. Then remove historical data in the Live
> company. There is quite a bit of work in doing this but it can be done with
> relative ease.
> info@logicalsolutionsllc.com
>
> "Michelle" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a client whose database is large, who wnats to reduce the size of the
> > database and create a new databse for the old information.
> >
> > Is this possible and how?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Michelle
0
Rick9396 (383)

Combining archive files
Still using Money 4 (95 ver). Have about nine years of archived files. Is there a way to combine the archived files into one or two files? Makes it easier to search when one does not remember the year. TIA In microsoft.public.money, JohnS wrote: >Still using Money 4 (95 ver). Have about nine years of archived files. Is >there a way to combine the archived files into one or two files? >Makes it easier to search when one does not remember the year. Simple answer is no. Complex answer is to open every one of those archived files, export accounts to QIF. Then import into copy of cur...

Outlook Archives Sent folders...
....As emails from me with my name, instead of who they were sent to, this makes it difficult to find email history in this because they all have my username on them .. is there a way to correct this? Thanks in advance for any advice. Did you add the To field to the view?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Andre" <~remove~a_zavaglia@gfrnutritionals.com> wrote in message = news:%23dP0VEPgFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.g...

archive.PST file shows no data
Hi, Outlook 2003 A client changed out here PC. I recovered her .PST files from the old PC. 1 file named: Archive1.PST shows a size of 5.58 MB but when I use Outlook to open it the following folders: Archive, Deleted Items, Sent Items, Search folder appear but I do not see any data in any of the folders. Any ideas on this? Thanks, Frank Youve checked the obvious, Views? "Frank" <ffarero@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:48c07e38$0$5568$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com... > Hi, > Outlook 2003 > A client changed out here PC. I recovered her .PST files from ...

Archiving #32
Do archived folders/files in Outlook 2007 use the same ammount of space as the original Outlook files? If so, what is the advantage of archiving? The Archive option moves data, based on an aged date, which you can ammend in archive settings, from your current data file to an archive data file. As I recollect the default Archive setting is for 'older than 6 months' Your current data file will be reduced in size as the data is no longer help in that data file. It might also make your data more managable from a user point of view. You can have the Archive data file open within outl...

[ANN] Options for end of year archiving
Options for end of year archiving (The Entourage Help Blog) The end of 2008 is fast approaching and many users like to archive their data and start with a fresh Identity. An Archive contains copies of your files as they appeared at multiple points in time. A backup is simply a copy of your data. You can archive your Entourage data multiple ways: in a separate Identity as an MBOX file an Entourage archive (.rge) file use third party software Continue reading for details´┐Ż <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/12/options_for_end_of_year_archiving.ht ml> In case the above link does not w...

Did not realize I had Calendar set on Auto Archive (using Outlook2
and I have lost all 2009 data. This was my only record and I haven't printed it out. I cannot find an Archive *.pst file to restore and print out and need step by step "what to do" for Outlook 2007. I have turned off Auto Archive for Calendar - will this prevent problems in the future? OR? scuff66 If autoarchive has been running, you will have a file. Make sure to look for HIDDEN files in your search for it. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "scuff66" <scuff66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:612F891E-4743-...

decrease C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive ???
C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive Is there anything I can do to make the size of this folder to decrease? Right now, its at 10GB. Using Exchange 5.5. C drive free space is getting awefully tight... Please help... Chris H If you don't need the files, for archiving or diagnostic purposes, you can remove the files. If you do need them, then you may want to back them up before you remove them and store that backup tape separately and write protect it. Removing the files is a pretty straight-forward process. You will need to stop the IMS first... and you will likely not want to enu...

Can't archive -- "no memory" & crash
Yesterday I tried twice to archive last year's transactions in my Money 2003 file. After a minute or so I got a "low memory" error box and the system crashed. Then I did a 100% clean reboot (no startup items), restarted Money -- and the same thing happened again. (Fortunately I backed up the "My Money" file before attempting to archive, and was able to restore from that backup.) I've got 512 MB of DDR SDRAM in this machine; how much more do I need to perform a simple function that Money 95 did with no trouble at all?? For the record, this is a 2.4 GHz P4 machine run...

Archive doesn't work
I cannot force the archive feature to clean up all old calender items. I've tried both the auto archive and manual to take off all old items prior to Jan 31, 2004 and it will not take them off my calendar. The end result is that I have all appointments going back to 2000. This is clogging up my PDA when I sync up. Please help! Brad <bada5@allstate.com> wrote: > The end result is that I have all appointments going back > to 2000. This is clogging up my PDA when I sync up. Well, archiving doesn't work on the calendar entry date, it works on the date the entry was ...

Archiving to network not supported?
I came across this MS KB: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297019. Does this apply to archiving as well? We've got a lot of users who have their Outlook archive set to a network share. I've heard of problems from one user, but he is my boss so ... -GT Archiving stores messages in a PST as well, so yes, that would apply to archiving. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "GT" <DSS4u@+++nospam+++HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:GNKdnS7jM_UP5hHeRVn-rQ@mcgill.c...

Message Archiving on Exch2000 #2
Hi I'm about to configure Message archiving on a Exch2000 by using a mailbox. If any got experience in this, could they help me out with the following questions - I'm trying to determine if a message can be sent to that archive mailbox - If so, will it will be 'archived' also and arrive again in that mailbox and thus creating a loop (prolly the loop creation will be halted by the system, but nevertheless) Are you talking about Message Journaling? There will be no loops. Patrick Meganck wrote: > Hi, > > I'm about to configure Message archiving on a Exch2000 ...

Archiving
Hi, I have a client whose database is large, who wnats to reduce the size of the database and create a new databse for the old information. Is this possible and how? Thanks Michelle We have done this. First create a second company as a clone of the first. This will be the historical company. Then remove historical data in the Live company. There is quite a bit of work in doing this but it can be done with relative ease. info@logicalsolutionsllc.com "Michelle" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a client whose database is large, who wnats to reduce the size of the > datab...

archive.pst.2
In process of searching thru files on my PC I found two archive.pst files : 1- archive.pst 1.2 GB (Todays file date) 2- archive.pst.2 1.5 GB (older file date) Is it safe to delete the archive.pst.2 file? Thanks Steve Rename it so it has only the pst extension. Then look what's inside by opening it in Outlook through File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Steve Klenner" <steve_klenne...

Public Folder Archiving
I would like to set up an autoarchive facility for public folders on an exchange server 2003. Ideally I would like it to automatically clean out items older than three months to an outlook data file (.pst). Will I need to purchase software that can do this. We are not a big firm but do generate a huge amount of mail that for legal reasons need to be kept for 12 years. I have found MS Exchange Server Archiving Agent on TechNet but no information on whether this will do what I want or whether it will even work on anything later than exchange 5.5 Any help much appreciated Several vendors...

tlh file getting archived upon creation?
I have no idea why. But I am sure that is why I get the following compile error; StdAfx.cpp o:\daltester1\stdafx.h(24) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'o:\daltester1\debug\DataAccess.tlh': Permission denied Error executing cl.exe. DALTester1.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) any ideas? I uncheck the archived checkbox but as soon as I rebuild, the archive checkbox is set again. thanks, -greg Well, can you open the file? Have you tried looking at the .tlh file to see if it is really readable? And while it is interesting that an archive checkbox changes state, it woul...

Recover Outlook 2002 Archive file from Norton Protected Recycle Bin
Deleted Outlook 2002 backup/archive file by mistake. Found it in Norton Protected Recycle Bin. Made copies then tried to restore one copy from Nortons and one copy through Outlook import, both attempts failed with same results. Outlook does not recongonize file as personal folders file. Any suggestions. Assuming read only hasnt been set, Try running the repair tool, scanpst.exe on the pst. You may have to run it several times. Then in OL file/open, the pst "Larry" <onsitecs@fuse.net> wrote in message news:188ce01c44af4$0b2bc4f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Deleted Outlook 200...

Archiving #6
Any best practise in archiving exchange email to .pst and backup to server without users intervention. I have this problem with users archiving pst till 6-7GB. I wish i can break it up and backup to server, and users still have a local copy On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:38:47 +0800, "James Lau" <james@viperlink.com.sg> wrote: >Any best practise in archiving exchange email to .pst and backup to server >without users intervention. >I have this problem with users archiving pst till 6-7GB. I wish i can break >it up and backup to server, and users still have a local c...

Outlook 2002 Archive Problem
Hi, I was archiving a 4 GB mailbox using outlook 2002 by year so as not to exceed the 2 GB .pst limit and had a need to put all the mail back into the mailbox once I was completed. The first operation went perfectly! Then putting the mail back went perfectly. When I tried to re- archive the files that is where the problems began... It seems that if you archive files and try to archive them after you put them back into the mailbox they are no longer archivable... WHY? I need to archive this mailbox again because the original archive .pst files were lost. Thanks, Scott Archive...

ARCHIVE OR Zip Files
I have to send Big files to coworkers who use Windows (I'm the only one in the company using Mac) an they are not able to open archive files or Zipped files that I send from my mac. Already called Microsoft and they told me there is a compatibility issue between Macs and Windows with the Zipped files or archived files, they recommended this site for an answer.<br> &nbsp;&nbsp;THANKS ! mauriciofbs@officeformac.com wrote: > I have to send Big files to coworkers who use Windows (I'm the only one > in the company using Mac) an they are not able to open archive files o...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Auto/Manual Archive not working. #2
I have a user who has both auto-archive and does manual archiving. Usually we tell users to drag and drop. But this user has a 400MB Mailbox with many different subfolders. I understand the thing with the modified date, and we have acknowledged that it isn't the case. We have tried a second archive and it still does not seem to archive anything. It hasn't been imported and were really running out of ideas. There are two things that triggered in my head that I thought maybe the problem. 1. Dell's have the new service agreement with google, is google desktop play a part in archi...

Compact Archive Folder in Outlook 2000
How do I compact the Archive folder in Outlook 2000? I deleted a lot of messages in it but the size has not changed. Using Advanced Personal Folders properties does not seem to compact the archive. Roger Why don't you start using a new archive file? What is the current size of the archive file? Try to keep your .pst files under 2 GB. Roger wrote: > How do I compact the Archive folder in Outlook 2000? I deleted a lot of > messages in it but the size has not changed. Using Advanced Personal > Folders properties does not seem to compact the archive. > > Roger The...

how do you archive journals
On June 25 the question was posted about periodically eliminating receipts. Someone answered yes. Achive your journals. How do you do this? Bob, I posted today, 7-1-2004 how to archive journals.The topic was: Re: Still waiting for answer about archiving posted by Stuart -- Elizabeth M. "Bob" <temp1524@comcast.net> wrote in message news:23a9101c45eac$ce182050$a401280a@phx.gbl... > On June 25 the question was posted about periodically > eliminating receipts. > > Someone answered yes. Achive your journals. > > How do you do this? You can also try our...

Archive function is missing from File Menu
Recently upgraded to MS Office Professional 2007, which included Outlook 2007. Lenovo laptop running XP SP3. Previously running Outlook 2003. The Archive function is missing from the File menu. I can set the AutoArchive parameters under Tools > Options, but regardless of having AutoArchive enabled or disabled, the menu option to Archive is not on the pull-down menu. I am stumped, and all online (Google or forums) references seem to only refer to troubleshooting for people setting up and running AutoArchive. I can provide a screenshot of the File menu expanded if required. &...

Auto-archiving Outlook vs Exchange
When running Outlook in cached mode, does the Outlook Auto-Archive remove the messages from the server's message store? For example, if I auto archive on my workstation, wil those messages still be available in OWA? If it does, any recomendations on how I can keep the messages in the server? Right now we have 1 SBS server with Exchange but itis planned to be replaced with a dedicated Enterprise version. Marten Archiving to a mailbox folder would be a complete waste of time. (Actually I think Outlook archiving is a waste of time in any form, but whatever toots your whistle.) You sho...