We have an issue where the GL is updated with invoicing activity, but in some
cases the receivables side is not.  Any piror issues with this, advice on how
to figure out the problem, etc?
Thanks

0
Trish (24)

I have only heard of the opposite happening - AR subledger is updated, but
the GL is not.  Can you walk through exactly what happens?  What type of AR
document in what screen?  What is the 'On Account' amount?  What are the GL
distributions?  Where are you going to see that the AR subledger is not
updated?  Where do you see that the GL is updated?

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an issue where the GL is updated with invoicing activity, but in
> some
> cases the receivables side is not.  Any piror issues with this, advice on
> how
> to figure out the problem, etc?
> Thanks

0
victoria (3340)

blank attachment received
we are using exchange 2003 server and outlook 2003 for both user, One user sent email to the 2nd user, insert an email item as an attachment, when the 2nd user open the mail item attachment, everything is blank, the sender/receipient/CC/Subject/Body message are all blank. anyone can help me to chase out this issue ? server is running Macfee Group Shield plus antispam, but if the server block the attachment it should inform the sender ot receipient, but nobody receive alert message. regards Steve Just stumbled on an odd possibility while researching this issue: User had an auto-for...

Cannot send email, I can receive with no problem.
My email is from Aliant..the settings have not changed, everything was fine until this morning, now I cannot send email from Windows Live Mail. Here is the error I get: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'ttest' Server Error: 421 Server Response: 421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 4.59.182.110 (4.59.182.110:25), connect error 10060 Server: 'smtp.bellaliant.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67 Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No I have researched and cannot find a reason for the change. Any help would be greatly appreciated On Thu, 5 Aug ...

Take a look at that internet update
--mwkkmdbtshnsyugm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ahymjgrjvevn"; type="multipart/alternative" --ahymjgrjvevn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nianecaoa" --nianecaoa Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your compu...

outlook 2000
i can receive messages but cannot send. any ideas what may be happening? Error message 0x800ccc0f Please don't send me to knowledge base. Thanks alot! Is your smtp server online? "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048f01c3bdce$8b3c8de0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > i can receive messages but cannot send. any ideas what may > be happening? > Error message 0x800ccc0f > Please don't send me to knowledge base. > > Thanks alot! yes. it never goes offline? >-----Original Message----- >Is your smtp server online? > &g...

MS Office update isues
im having problems installing the fallowing updates. Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB973593) Security Update for Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 (KB973709) Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB969604) Security Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 (KB957789) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB969559) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB969613) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB972581) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB973704) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft O...

Whats the best practice to fix update failures from WSUS?
We have hundreds of machines that fail on one or two updates. They are all different updates. Each one has a different failure reason. Is there a quick fix for WSUS failure or do I need to troubleshoot each computer individually. Its strange because 1 or 2 computers fail for almost every update, they are not the same computer each time, but 98% of our machines will install the updates with no problem. If there is no quick fix, is there a set of instructions to follow that will help me to resolve the situation on each machine? Thanks for any help!! Start by posting su...

Updating a passthrough query's connect string
If I use DAO to update the Connect setting for a QueryDef for a SQL Passthrough query, what do I need to do to ensure that the new connect string is used and available in the code that follows? Currently, the only way that I can get this change to "stick" is to either manually change the setting or close/re-open Access. As I have thousands of external databases to attach to (the same tasks are performed on each of these), neither of these is an option. If I use QueryDefs.Refresh or something similar, it doesn't seem to make any difference - the change is not in...

Audiodg.exe slowing down restore point creation on updates.
Checked performance and saw huge memory usage. Googled audiodg.exe and found suggestion to disable sound enhancements. Waiting for restart to disable same noticing long shutdown (probably creating another restore point). Wondering how much disk these restore points are using? On 1/13/10, Questor posted: > Checked performance and saw huge memory usage. Googled audiodg.exe and found > suggestion to disable sound enhancements. Waiting for restart to disable > same noticing long shutdown (probably creating another restore point). > Wondering how much disk these ...

Auto Update
Hello, I am using excel to link some info to a powerpoint presentation that runs on a continious loop. I also leave the excel workbook open and want to be able to auto update the information in my workbook. How is this possible? I either want to add some VBA to auto update or a free add-in. Thanks! See if this information from Excel (2003) Help doesn't help you out: Set a link to another program to be updated automatically On the Edit menu, click Links. The Links command is unavailable if your file does not contain linked information. In the Source list, click the linked object you...

problem with an invoice
An invoice was created and printed, the invoice was not posted there were errors on checking the edit list there is a total value but there are no items listed. Help! You did not mention the kind of invoice (SOP, Invoicing, Purchasing Invoice???) Assuming you are talking about the SOP kind, this has been seen when a work station crashes while working on an invoice. Try reconciling the document (Utilities->SOP->Reconcole/Remove, take the reconcile option only and reconcile only the damaged document. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Use...

how to prevent Excel from reformatting a chart wen updating data?
I have data over time for different categories. when i change de reporting time frame i want the chart colors to stay the same. Or when i change the scope in categories i still want the categorie chart to keep its color. How to stop excel from reformatting the colors? Hi, I am assuming you are referring to Pivot charts in which case this is a know problem. If it's not a pivot chart then post back. Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy Cmd_Marco wrote: > I have data over time for differ...

Receivables Override document number Setup option
There is a setup option in payables that allows the choice and also in SOP for the various document types but it seems not in receivables. It would be most useful to have this option available in Receivables setup also. This has been raised as a particular concern for cash receipt transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

Send/Receive Fails after one successful try
Hi....I have a client whose Outlook Send/Receive fails after one successful try. She gets the 0x800ccc15 and 0x8004210a errors and I have pulled all the KB articles and performed everything at least three times. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2002 and uninstalled and reinstalled TCP/IP protocol under Network several times. Diasble, uninstalled antivirus (Mcafee). All of these appear to fix the problem but then it fails the next time. Extremely frustrated (come on Bill Gates). Does anyone have any ideas??? Thanks in advance, Mike ...

Update Links #2
hi. each time i open my workbook, Excel informs me that the sheet contains links to other sources, would i like to update. is there a way to know as to which cells are linked to external sources? Troy, When you have formula links in an Excel Workbook (destination) to another Excel Workbook (source) you will be asked if you wish to update links in the Workbook (destination) each time you open it. This can be painful when you always want, or don't want, links updated. It isn't hard to find links without a macro. Simply use Edit|Links and you'll usually be able to see the first ...

Unable to update public free/busy data
A user recently had Office XP installed with Service Patch 1 installed. We run Exchange 5.5 with up to date patches applied. There are a number of other users with same Office XP installation that are not experiencing any problems, however this one user, sometimes several times during the day, receives the pop up Outlook message "Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation Failed". It does not appear to be affecting day-to-day operations. There is no pattern to when the message pops up. Outlook is open all day, and the user moves between other Office applications,...

Receivables Statement Ranges
How can I get the User Defined Field 2 into the drop down box for Ranges on the Print Receivables Statements page? I see the customize User Defined Field 1 in there but not the second after I have customized it and added data into the field. Is there something I am missing? Thanks! No, the first field is automatically provided in the search but not the second. This would require a modification by a programmer -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublicat...

Updating credit card merchant payments in GP
Can any on help. I need advice on how to set-up GP so that credit cards bank payments offset the credit card sales. eg. how are credit cards treated ( receivables or cash)? I suspect they should be receivables but how do I apply the payments fro the bank to reduce the balance in these accounts? Green thumb Setup/create some credit cards (for payments received from customers) as follows: Tools>Setup>Company>Credit Cards = accepted from customers = bank card Enter manual payments to your customers AR accounts = payment type = credit card, select the credit card(s) you created ab...

Outlook 2000 hangs when trying to receive POP3 email
Whenever one user at my company tries to receive mail through our POP3 server into his Outlook 2000, it receives a few of the messages and then hangs. We use PMDF on 2 Alpha servers for our email (no Exchange). I have tried reinstalling Outlook 2000 as well as applying SR-1 and SP3. I have also tried giving him a new .pst file; it still hangs when receiving his mail. Any ideas on what could be causing this? ...

Inbox not updating
We have many users who are indicating that Outlook 2002, Exchange server is indicating mail has been received. It shows a given number of unopened items in parenthesis to the right of their inbox, but the mail will not actually show up in the inbox until the user either closes and re- opens Outlook or clicks off the inbox folder and onto another folder, then clicks back on the inbox. Rich, This symptom definitely sounds like UDP packets are not getting to the client from the server. This is generally caused by a firewall (on the client or between the client and the server) or either ...

RMS Updates and Upgrades
I've looked everywhere and can't find where to download the latest updates and upgrades for RMS or where to check to see what the latest ones are...I'm running RMS SP2 but wasn't sure if there was anything later that has come out...thanks in advance! David, The information you seek is on the Partner Source site. https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/ Pat "David" wrote: > I've looked everywhere and can't find where to download the latest updates > and upgrades for RMS or where to check to see what the latest ones are...I&...

Pivot custom chart not updating
I created a line column on 2 axes custom pivot chart. The chart will not update when I change the pivot. It keeps defaulting to a single bar chart. How do I get it to update? -- mgrlog Hi, Have a read of Debra's article on the subject http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqPivot.html#ChartFormat Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mgrlog" <mgrlog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB442C7D-B1DE-4205-B1B8-02990E142DFB@microsoft.com... >I created a line column on 2 axes custom pivot chart. The chart will not > ...

Computer Crash during update
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Hello, I hope someone can help me, it's a bit of an emergency! Today I was running Microsoft AutoUpdate but my computer crashed while using it (there was a power cut, and the battery on the laptop is dead, so the computer went off). When I switched it back on again, I clicked on the Entourage symbol but a question mark appeared and nothing opened. I tried the Microsoft AutoUpdate again, but still no Entourage. What can I do? In article <59b7760c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, chrisoneill99@officeformac.com wrote: > Toda...

what's wrong with before update event procedure
Hi, here is my code event procedure for a check box. I want to allow some users to change its state and to prevent otheres from change it. Is there any way I can ban that SendKeys "{ESC}" line? That line is the only way it works not ending in the loop (you press anything on the form, msgbox pops up again), but I don't see why?? Private Sub MyCheckBox_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If currentuser <> "RightUser" Then MsgBox ("You are not right user. You don't touch this check box.") Cancel = True SendKey...

unable to send or receive e-mail
unable to send or receive e-mail. problem began first as a send issue, now both send/receive. operating from hotel dsl. help Contact the Hotel DSL Help desk. We can't help you. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, charlied asked: | unable to send or receive e-mail. problem began first as a send | issue, now both send/receive. operating from hotel dsl. help ...

Contacts not updating on select machines
Good day - We are using CRM 3.0 Rollup 2 desktop clients and server. I am having difficulties with a couple of users who were part of a test CRM group. We did a test install with test data that would mimic our production install. When we were ready for a production install we wiped out all information and recreated the install with production data. For some reason some of the employees who were in the test group are still seeing test contacts in addition to production contacts. Is there a cache on the local machine? All production users except these few test users are not seeing these contac...