AR aging #2

1. Is it true that AR aging report with options will print amounts in correct
bucket even if aging is not run. If I do not perform aging, will my
historical aging report come out correctly.

2.  For a company that does not charge finance charges and does not print
statements, what is the advantage of running aging process?

--Scott
0
scott7693 (519)

Scott,

Yes, the ageing reports will age the accounts even if the Ageing process has
not been run.  The Ageing process will (1) update the ageing buckets in the
customer card; (2) provide aged amounts for use in Cyrstal Reports or any
other external reporting process; (3) provide aged amounts in several
inquiries and displays that might be used in credit decisions.

I would recommend you run it.  It can be run at any time.

Richard L. Whaley
Author/Consultant

btw....you might find some of the books we have available on Dynamics
interesting as they cover such information as this.....
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Scott" wrote:

> 1. Is it true that AR aging report with options will print amounts in correct
> bucket even if aging is not run. If I do not perform aging, will my
> historical aging report come out correctly.
>
> 2.  For a company that does not charge finance charges and does not print
> statements, what is the advantage of running aging process?
>
> --Scott
Along this line of thought - Does anyone know how to get an "as of" Accounts
Receivable Report in Excel.  The historical Aged Trial Balance reports has
all the info we need but it doesn't export to Excel very well.  Out of the
box the Smartlist won't work either.  How have other people dealt with this?
--
Robert J. O'Donnell
MBS Consultant

"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> Scott,
>
> Yes, the ageing reports will age the accounts even if the Ageing process has
> not been run.  The Ageing process will (1) update the ageing buckets in the
> customer card; (2) provide aged amounts for use in Cyrstal Reports or any
> other external reporting process; (3) provide aged amounts in several
> inquiries and displays that might be used in credit decisions.
>
> I would recommend you run it.  It can be run at any time.
>
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author/Consultant
>
> btw....you might find some of the books we have available on Dynamics
> interesting as they cover such information as this.....
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Scott" wrote:
>
> > 1. Is it true that AR aging report with options will print amounts in correct
> > bucket even if aging is not run. If I do not perform aging, will my
> > historical aging report come out correctly.
> >
> > 2.  For a company that does not charge finance charges and does not print
> > statements, what is the advantage of running aging process?
> >
> > --Scott
0
nospam4566 (14)
5/8/2006 11:31:01 PM
I'd recommend if the GP report works for you, modify it so that there
are only columns in it, and then try to save it as csv file. I've done
this before, and it worked like a charm.

0
rutvijrshah (142)
5/9/2006 4:27:17 AM
We use a package called Xcelerator for this from DPPI.  Works pretty well.
Modifying the report layout and exporting to a csv file also works, but it's
a pain and you still have to have a macro for formatting in Excel.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Robert J. O'Donnell" wrote:

> Along this line of thought - Does anyone know how to get an "as of" Accounts
> Receivable Report in Excel.  The historical Aged Trial Balance reports has
> all the info we need but it doesn't export to Excel very well.  Out of the
> box the Smartlist won't work either.  How have other people dealt with this?
> --
> Robert J. O'Donnell
> MBS Consultant
> US and LATAM
> Rock Solid Technologies
> 512.347.9399x109
>

> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
>
> > Scott,
> >
> > Yes, the ageing reports will age the accounts even if the Ageing process has
> > not been run.  The Ageing process will (1) update the ageing buckets in the
> > customer card; (2) provide aged amounts for use in Cyrstal Reports or any
> > other external reporting process; (3) provide aged amounts in several
> > inquiries and displays that might be used in credit decisions.
> >
> > I would recommend you run it.  It can be run at any time.
> >
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author/Consultant
> >
> > btw....you might find some of the books we have available on Dynamics
> > interesting as they cover such information as this.....
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Scott" wrote:
> >
> > > 1. Is it true that AR aging report with options will print amounts in correct
> > > bucket even if aging is not run. If I do not perform aging, will my
> > > historical aging report come out correctly.
> > >
> > > 2.  For a company that does not charge finance charges and does not print
> > > statements, what is the advantage of running aging process?
> > >
> > > --Scott
0
jim.harris (398)
5/9/2006 1:54:02 PM
The Ageing Process (Tools->Routines->Sales->Ageing in V9) allows the user to
specify an ageing date.  The ageing buckets in the customer table will then
be aged AS OF the date specified (assuming data has not been purged!)  This
information can then be displayed in a smartlist and exported to Excel easily

Richard L. Whaley
Author/Consultant

"Jim@TurboChef" wrote:

> We use a package called Xcelerator for this from DPPI.  Works pretty well.
> Modifying the report layout and exporting to a csv file also works, but it's
> a pain and you still have to have a macro for formatting in Excel.
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
>

> "Robert J. O'Donnell" wrote:
>
> > Along this line of thought - Does anyone know how to get an "as of" Accounts
> > Receivable Report in Excel.  The historical Aged Trial Balance reports has
> > all the info we need but it doesn't export to Excel very well.  Out of the
> > box the Smartlist won't work either.  How have other people dealt with this?
> > --
> > Robert J. O'Donnell
> > MBS Consultant
> > US and LATAM
> > Rock Solid Technologies
> > 512.347.9399x109
> >

> > "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
> >
> > > Scott,
> > >
> > > Yes, the ageing reports will age the accounts even if the Ageing process has
> > > not been run.  The Ageing process will (1) update the ageing buckets in the
> > > customer card; (2) provide aged amounts for use in Cyrstal Reports or any
> > > other external reporting process; (3) provide aged amounts in several
> > > inquiries and displays that might be used in credit decisions.
> > >
> > > I would recommend you run it.  It can be run at any time.
> > >
> > > Richard L. Whaley
> > > Author/Consultant
> > >
> > > btw....you might find some of the books we have available on Dynamics
> > > interesting as they cover such information as this.....
> > > http://www.AccoladePublications.com

This aging approach ad export via smartlist won't work with "as of" because
documents could have been applied after the "As of" date and once they are
applied the $ for unapplied amount for the specific invoice/payment goes to
$0.  As a result the $$ don't show up any more even.  This is the logic in
the paper AR report that I'd like to find a way to emulate.

--
Robert J. O'Donnell
MBS Consultant

"Robert J. O'Donnell" wrote:

> Along this line of thought - Does anyone know how to get an "as of" Accounts
> Receivable Report in Excel.  The historical Aged Trial Balance reports has
> all the info we need but it doesn't export to Excel very well.  Out of the
> box the Smartlist won't work either.  How have other people dealt with this?
> --
> Robert J. O'Donnell
> MBS Consultant
> US and LATAM
> Rock Solid Technologies
> 512.347.9399x109
>

> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
>
> > Scott,
> >
> > Yes, the ageing reports will age the accounts even if the Ageing process has
> > not been run.  The Ageing process will (1) update the ageing buckets in the
> > customer card; (2) provide aged amounts for use in Cyrstal Reports or any
> > other external reporting process; (3) provide aged amounts in several
> > inquiries and displays that might be used in credit decisions.
> >
> > I would recommend you run it.  It can be run at any time.
> >
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author/Consultant
> >
> > btw....you might find some of the books we have available on Dynamics
> > interesting as they cover such information as this.....
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Scott" wrote:
> >
> > > 1. Is it true that AR aging report with options will print amounts in correct
> > > bucket even if aging is not run. If I do not perform aging, will my
> > > historical aging report come out correctly.
> > >
> > > 2.  For a company that does not charge finance charges and does not print
> > > statements, what is the advantage of running aging process?
> > >
> > > --Scott
0
nospam4566 (14)
5/11/2006 1:12:01 AM
Scott,

The historical aged trial balance takes longer to print than running the
aging and printing the other one.  This will be more and more of an issue as
the volume of transactions in your history files grows

"Scott" wrote:

> 1. Is it true that AR aging report with options will print amounts in correct
> bucket even if aging is not run. If I do not perform aging, will my
> historical aging report come out correctly.
>
> 2.  For a company that does not charge finance charges and does not print
> statements, what is the advantage of running aging process?
>
> --Scott
0
LeslieVail (702)

help sos #2
error 421 smtp service is not available ...

Highlighting Cells #2
In columns A:F, the sheet is text. I would like to highlight a row in a color, (Say A5:F:5) when an "A" is typed into F:5 Can this be done? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470747 Your question is confusing so I don't quite understand what you want to do. It sounds like you want conditional formatting. Here is what I think you want to do. If not please be ...

security_cookie referenced in function _WinMain #2
I am compiling this: http://www.haxorcitos.com/ficheros/minishell.zip with VC++ Exprees and Microsoft SDK platform for windows. I get this errors: MiniShell.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie referenced in function _WinMain@16 MiniShell.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 referenced in function _WinMain@16 Not too much information about them in google. wich dll am I missing? What am I doing wrong? ...

Send Direct Email functionality #2
Hi all, I am using CRM 3.0. I am ultimately trying to find a way in Outlook to create an emailing group off of a list of CRM contacts to email that group of contacts. One alternative I found is to email said group from within CRM. As I investigated that, I learnt about the "send direct email" functionality from a contacts' view. This can be a view generated from Advanced Find then you click Actions --> Send Direct Email or something like that. However, I cannot find that functionality and don't know how to access it. There was some posts about the CRM Bulk email service ...

Exclude some assembly from .Net Compact Framework 2.0....
Hello, I'm working on Windows CE 5.0 and I have seen that when I include the .Net Compact Framework catalog item into my runtime image, there are some assemblies that I don't use (es. microsoft.visualbasic.dll, system.net.irda,...). To reduce the runtime image dimension I want to exlude these assemblies. Under PUBLIC\NETCFV2 there is the catalog item and I see that it copies the assembly files from PUBLIC\OTHERS\DOTNETV2\MANAGED. What is the right way ? I have to create a new catalog item or a new subproject ? Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engi...

Re: Re: api to check wheter xml is well formed #2
You mean the XmlTextReader. Ashish wrote: > Are there any functions in .Net which can be used to verify whether xml is > well formed? That's quite unusual requirement. Usually, when XML is built using XML API such as XmlTextWriter you don't need to check if it's well-formed - you can trust standard API. When your XML is loaded into in-memory store, such as XmlDocument - it's well-formed by definition. And when you just have a string or file and want to check it's well-formdness, use XmlTestReader: XmlReader r = new XmlTextReader(...); try { while (r.Read()...

change page setup from printing 1 business card to 2 rows of 5
the program wont let me make this simple change. all i want to do is set up the page so that it prints the card in two rows of 5 but there is no way to change it. Oh but there is, give this a try. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins =...

kb926666 #2
Hi, I have exchange 2003 w/ sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. read article on: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/ http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=926666 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/ got 931836 installed fine, but KB926666 gave "Set Error" you must have service pack 2 installed? anyone experience this problem? - I tried to uninstall kb931836, reboot, tried kb926666, no luck. - reinstall exchange sp2, reboot, again on kb926666, no luck. Thanks Sam sovled - reason, I got a different version of exch2k2 sp2 ver: Build 7623.0 Sp2 - download exchange sp2 again - now the b...

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019) & version 1.1
Hello Everyone in this network, I need help. I am not very computer savy. I tried to update the above two through Microsoft Update but am getting an error being Failed. Can someone help me with this. My system has windows XP with SP3. I am even unable to download certain softwares due to this i think. I had remote access to work system from home but since my computer crashed last time i am having all sorts of trouble. Please help. Thanking in advance, Bhavesh. ...

Outlook 2003 Beta 2
I have just installed and started playing with the Outlook 2003 Beta 2. The first thing I have noticed is that it does not notify me when new messages arrive - I have all the options turned on: make a sound, place an envelope in the tray, the new "desktop alert", but nothing happens. Any ideas? ...

exchange 2003 service pack 2
Does the increase in the mailbos storage size to 75 Gig apply to the Public Store also? -- Thanks Duane Hi Duane, For Exchange 2003 Standard Edition there will be 75Gb for the Public IS and another 75Gb for the Private IS. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Duane" <Duane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A46B72B-4F8F-40ED-959B-614DC3BED6AD@microsoft.com... > Does the increase in the mailbos storage size to 75 Gig apply to the > Public > Store also? > -- > Thanks > Dua...

BadMail #2
How do I forward mail from the Badmail folder? I received an email with an attachment that was larger than the mail restrictions for that user therefore, it sent the item to the Badmail folder. I want to forward this to the Administrator account. I've tried just renaming the file (with .eml extension) which will allow me to open it but I can not see the attachment. I tried renaming with a .msg extension and it will not open at all. Thanks in advance, Enrique Dear Enrique, Thanks for posting here. When the e-mails come with an attachment that was larger than the mail restrictions...

Recovering mailboxes #2
I was just asked to restore all mailboxes back to 4 days ago. without disrupting production to allow HR to search for something. We have a Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2003 installed. My question is what is the best way of doing this. Create a recovery group. Then create a mailbox store within the group, and then recover to that mailbox store. Or would I not create the mailbox store and then allow the backup software create the store during recovery. How would HR get access to the recovered mailboxes? On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:54:02 -0700, "Bruce" <Bruce@discussion...

Migrating from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009
Is there a white paper or deployment guide that sheds some light on the process of migrating a rms 2.0 database to POS 2009? I have scoured partnersource and come up empty. Thanks John Storlie This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01D2_01CA15DF.084A0740 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable John, Did you look at the POS2k9 page? http://tinyurl.com/n7mdkl All kinds of = goodies there. In the Key Announcements section | POS2k9 Download link | Support Info = link | last line Rapid Implementation T...

Scatter with lines between corresponding points in 2 series?
I have a scatter showing two series: 1) GM% vs revenue by account 2) Pocket margin % vs revenue by account I'd like to draw lines between the corresponding points in the two series. For instance, if company A has revenue of 500k and GM% of 39% but pocket margin of 35%, I'd like to connect the points at (500k, 39%) and (500k, 35%). Is there an automated way to do that? Thanks Make a column with GM-Profit and use this a an error bar (just + or -) on one of the data series I am sending you a file best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme re...

Can't install 12.2.1 on any computers 10.4-10.6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel "You cannot install Office 2008 12.2.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." I get this error on every computer in the building, PowerPC computers running 10.4 and Intel computers running 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. All the computers currently have 12.2.0 and have all current OS updates. Any ideas? On 10/1/09 7:54 AM, in article 59b7db0d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "macinmypocket@officeformac.com" <macinmypocket@officeformac.com...

MC RM Detail Historical Aged Trail Balance Report Issue!
I had a weird issue pop up this morning. The standard report within GP 9.0 listed in the subject now prints with duplicate line items. The calculated fields are not effected only the Line Detail. I have not modified the report and have ruled out that particular workstation. This is on all machines and all companies. Currently running GP 9.0 on SQL 2005. Reports > Sales > Trail Balance I select Historical Aged Trail Balance Options: In Detail checked, Sort by customer Name, Sort by Document Number, Select Transaction For Report Using GL Posting Date, Account Type All, Exclude ...

Help with rules not working #2
Hi: I'm continuing to experience problems with Rules working. This time, I have Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange 2000 Server, set up to run on a PC (Win XP pro). I'm connected to that PC with a remote desktop session that is always open. None of the rules work unless I run them manually (even rules that are server side). Does anyone know if a command line switch (or anything else) will work to ensure that rules actually run automatically? Thanks for any suggestions -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

Filtering question #2
Usually when a filter is on and the data is filtered, in the bottom left hand corner of the screen it will provide you with the number of records found. For example, it may say that the filter applied produced "23 of 391 records found". If this function stops working does anyone know how to turn it back on? Thanks! IL y a des cas connus o� cela se produit, une solution �tant de passer en calcul manuel au lieu de automatique. (dans les options de calcul) Attention, cela signifie que lorsqu'une cellule est modifi�e, les autres ne se mettent plus � jour tout de suite mais qu'...

CountIF on 2 arguments
How do you COUNTIF on 2 arguments. ie I want to count the number of values "x" in column A only if column B's value = "y". I have seen many ref to SUMPRODUCT but I am not counting numbers. Thanks in advance for any assistance. David Maddern Hi no problem using SUMPRODUCT. Try =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="x")*(B1:B100="y")) or =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="x"),--(B1:B100="y")) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany david.maddern@uhsinc.com wrote: > How do you COUNTIF on 2 arguments. ie I want to count the > number of value...

please help OE & OL between 2 users
I am admin account and run Outlook. Girlfriend is limited account and runs OE. When she right clicks pics and the like to send to mail recepient, it opens an Outlook new message window. Now, these messages never get sent as she doesnt use Outlook as her email program. They simply accumulate in the Outlook outbox and never get sent. I cant set OE as her default email as it wont let me do that (I guess since Im admin and I use it). What should be done? Ive tried this all but the registry change http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098 and it wont take. Whats the best way to do...

lost e-mail #2
I had a problem with my win 98 machine so i got xp pro and installed it over top of win 98. Well not knowing that it basically erases all of your programs i opened my outlook 2000 up and it told me i have to reintall the program. So i did that, and to my surprise all of my e- mails were gone. Is there any way to get all of those e- mails back. Look for files with a .PST extension -- a .PST file contains all Outlook data including messages, contacts, appointments, notes, etc. WinXP hides Outlook data files by default, so make sure to search in hidden and system folders. Look here for all...

Change Fiscal Periods #2
Using GP 9 and the fiscal year ends 10/31. Changing the Fiscal year to a calendar year starting 1/1/08. What is the best way to handle in GP and are there any potential issues with doing this? Thanks You have two options. 1. If the current year started 11/1, you can extend it two months and have a 14 month year ending 12/31/2008. If the current year is named 2008, this is your best option. 2. If you cant do that and MUST restart a fiscal year 1/1/2008, then first shorten the current year to 2 months and create a new year. If the current year being shortened is named 2008, you...

Outlook 2003
Hi All, We are currently on Office 2000 Pro, and are looking at whether to upgrade to 2003. Whilst there are many considerations, one point raised was the inability of OL2000 to send a personalised newsletter with an attachment. *Background* We send our newsletters by email, in PDF format as an attachment, along with a link to our website which also has a copy on it as part of the covering email body. As far as we have been able to ascertain, without using VBA, OL2000 can do a personalised newsletter (Dear XXXX where XXXX is a mail merge field from Word and changes for each email), but ...

Sum with conditions #2
Hi, I've read a lot of posts in this group about this issue, but I can't find a solution. I am using this array formula: {=SUMA(((ConsultaPosiciones!E2:E100)=B1)*(ConsultaPosiciones!J2:J100); 0)} But I get "#VALUE!# (translated from spanish). I found that the problem is with som empty cells in column "J", when I set the values of those cells the function works. The problem is that I cannot set those values due the huge amount of data. Is ther any way to ignore those empty cells? Thanks in advance. I don't have SUMA in Excel 2003. I've always done this...