Applying A/P Credits to unposted A/P invoices

We are currently using version 9.0. Is there a way to apply unposted credits
against unposted invoices as you are working? We create batches once a day
and do not post them until the end of the day. Can this be done while the
credit and invoice are in "work" status?

Please advise.

Thanks for your help!
0
JulieB (19)

Julie,

You can't apply to unposted transactions in AP (or AR for that matter).

Sorry,

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Julie B" <JulieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are currently using version 9.0. Is there a way to apply unposted
> credits
> against unposted invoices as you are working? We create batches once a day
> and do not post them until the end of the day. Can this be done while the
> credit and invoice are in "work" status?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks for your help!

0
victoria (3340)
6/26/2006 9:07:23 PM
Thanks for your help!

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Julie,
>
> You can't apply to unposted transactions in AP (or AR for that matter).
>
> Sorry,
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "Julie B" <JulieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are currently using version 9.0. Is there a way to apply unposted
> > credits
> > against unposted invoices as you are working? We create batches once a day
> > and do not post them until the end of the day. Can this be done while the
> > credit and invoice are in "work" status?
> >
> > Please advise.
> >
> > Thanks for your help!

0
JulieB (19)

Invoice description field
In sales>Invoices there is no description field on the screen for the invoice. However the description field can be edited in Sales>Edit Receivable Transactions. This field defaults to the Invoice number. Is there a way to edit this field as invoices are entered? Thanks, John Trax ...

automatically number invoice
I have developed an invioce template in Excel and I want to get this invoice to automatically number the invioce. Is there a simple function to do this? Thanks in advance Take a look here for some fairly simple macros: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html In article <0EECC85F-4DC0-47BE-8F80-4D8C8B7816F0@microsoft.com>, "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have developed an invioce template in Excel and I want to get this invoice > to automatically number the invioce. Is there a simple function to do this? > Thanks in...

Error message when Invoicing a Contract
When attemtping to invoice a contract to change the status I recieve the following error message: "A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again. " The CUSTOMER NAME and BILL TO CUSTOMER are the same. Since I need content for the BILL TO ADDRESS, I use the auto look-up and select the only address the pertains to the customer. CRM version: 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) ------=_NextPart_0001_EF353008 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi David, Thank you for your post, I'm Don and I...

Credit Card Payment vs Transfer
Hello. It seems that some of my credit cards are using "Credit Card Payment" and the rest are using "Transfer". I'd like to have them all using the same method. Are either of these two Special Categories better than the other regarding entry, reports, etc.? Which do you use and why? Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Richard Forester wrote:...

Print from Invoice tool #2
In Money, how do you print out the details of the invoice tool. Payments and invoices. I cannot even cut and paste from it. thanks. ...

UOM should be visible on POS screen and on invoice/WO
We sell many liquid products. Some priced in gallons, some quarts, pints, and even ounces. When I search for the product to create an invoice, I have to look in properties to figure out how to price it. It would be wonderful if the UOM would show up on the screen when I enter the product. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-b...

how did I get an indent on the first line of each even numbered p.
I am using a template to format a document. When I apply the template, I get a small indent in the first line of text on every even numbered page. When this coincides with a paragraph break the indent is bigger. It does not happen on the odd numbered pages. I did not intend this and I want to make it go away. The page set up has mirror margins, text is left justified, no tabs spaces or other symbols appear before the word that follows the indent when hidden text is shown. Try selecting Format, Indents and see if this is the control you want. -- Don Vancouver, USA "zi" ...

Applying Payments To Invoices In 2004
I currently have Deluxe & Business 2003. One of the main things that annoys me in this versio is that when I am in the receive payment window when entering the payment in, I cannot just double click the invoice in the list and have that amount apply. I have to click the checkmark and then manually enter the amount to apply. Does 2004 have the ability to just double click and stop the double entry? Thanks Much! Derek ...

Applying BreakLink Method for all sheets and cells
I would like to use the breaklink method in VB for all cells in al sheets. The code listed in VB help is only for one cell. Can someon help me modify the code for all cells in all open sheets? Thanks ' Define variables as an Excel link type. astrLinks = ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources(Type:=xlLinkTypeExcelLinks) ' Break the first link in the active workbook. ActiveWorkbook.BreakLink _ Name:=astrLinks(1), _ Type:=xlLinkTypeExcelLink -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Actually, that code is for one link--no matter how many cells it's used in. Maybe this will work be...

Troubles Getting Data from Navy Federal Credit Union
Is anyone having problems connecting to NFCU? Since upgrading to 2006 several days ago, I have been unable to connect to my bank. I've reinstalled, created new files, created new Passports, all no joy. Tech support tells me CashEdge serves as an intermediary, and that they may be the problem. Any ideas? TIA ...

Credit Card Name on slip (Tender.Accountholder)
I get an error when I add Tender.Accountholder to my receipt - I need to capture the credit card holder name on the slip for the transaction. I get an unrecognized object message. Any ideas out there? -Jerry I don't see a field of AccountHolder in Tender There is one in TenderEntry perhaps Barry "JerryData" <JerryData@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:485752F5-9423-4F50-BE20-F1B81AC8C583@microsoft.com... >I get an error when I add Tender.Accountholder to my receipt - I need to > capture the credit card holder name on the slip for the transaction. I...

Accept credit card payments online with PayPal! FREE!!
When you signup for PayPal, you can start accepting credit card payments instantly. As the world's number one online payment service, PayPal is the fastest way to open your doors to over 31 million members worldwide. Best of all, it's completely free to sign up! To sign up or learn more, click here: https://www.paypal.com/mrb/pal=DCB4PWDFF93EW In article <bbb2b.88704$2x.27187@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net> "eve" <evekirby@msn.com> wrote: > > > When you signup for PayPal, you can start accepting credit card payments > instantly. As the world's n...

credit issue
When trying to process a credit transaction, I get to the card verifiction window with my tender type, amount act number and exp date all filled in but I still get no approval code. What needs to be entered in the Validation Mask under tenter types? Validation Mask is used only to prevent wrong entries into the account number field, it has nothing to do with approval codes. 1. Who are you using as your processor? 2. Are you using EDC software such as IC Verify? 2A. If so, make sure you have the multi-user version open, JCard Running, and the correct file folder selecte...

customers with a balance and without applied payments
Hello: Once again, T-SQL programming is turning out to be tougher than I thought. I need a class! Oh, well! Here's what I'm trying to do. I need a query that will show customers with a balance greater than zero but with no payments applied in the last 30 days. I thought that the query that I created below would do it. But, it is giving me all customers with a balance greater than 0 even if they have had payments applied within the last 30 days! Any thoughts would be appreciated! select DISTINCT RM00101.CUSTNMBR, RM00101.CUSTNAME, RM00103.CUSTBLNC from MSTR.dbo.RM00101 A...

How to create new Contacts form and have it apply to current conta
I can modify a contacts form and add a field and that field will show up for all new contacts I add. But how do I apply that form to existing contacts ? I want to see that new field when I look at existing contacts too. Thanks. Post belongs in the programming group, not here. -- Russ Valentine "Ray Brown" <RayBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28D0E9A2-6F28-4565-B376-F7F3BCB3579B@microsoft.com... >I can modify a contacts form and add a field and that field will show up >for > all new contacts I add. But how do I apply that form to...

Is Dynamics GP 10.0 Collections Mgmt at the Customer or Invoice le
Is the Collections Management Query Creation Functionality at the Customer or at the Invoice level? I believe it functions at the Customer level, but I wanted to verify this. I’m currently trying to use Action IDs, present in Notes, to differentiate between customers who have and have not received collection letters we send via email (so that we don’t send multiple copies of the same collections letter for the same date range of document dates). However, a problem I’m running into is that, since I think this functions at the Customer level, if there are multiple invoices that ...

Cash receipt not applied to an invoice
I have a cash receipt that was deposited several months ago. Somehow, don't ask me how, that cash receipt was never applied to an invoice, which goes against how our system should be set up. Is it possible to create a back dated invoice and then apply that cash receipt/deposit to that invoice? Thanks for any help you can give. Of course. There is also no reason why you can't have a cash receipt dated 3 months ago apply to an invoice dated today. My advice is that if you are not sure about the dates, ask someone that is. Since dates are critical to the accounting process and...

a template for a 4 page credit card sized annual fixtures list
As above. I need a template to make a card sized annual fixtures list for members. Okay. Specifically what is your question? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "slindon" <slindon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1881822-C7D0-45CC-90BD-089261BE4F53@microsoft.com... > As above. I need a template to make a card sized annual fixtures list for > members. ...

RMS v1.2 allows multiple returns of the same invoice.
I know this sounds imposssible, but i have seen it happen myself. And was is total shock and disbelief. I have a friend that has RMS v1.3 in a hardware store and it is possible for some odd reason to perform multiple returns on the same invoice without any warnings or errors being generated from RMS. Does anyone experience that with thier current installation of RMS, aslo does anyone have an explanation? Regards Don yes. just overlooked by development i guess.. anyone have a word if it has been fixed in the recent hotfix? "donphillip" <phillipd@hugginsrenada.com> ...

Using CTRL-P to print an email...
If I double clicked to open an email ( a new window is open to display the email ) and I hit CTRL-P on the keyboard, the email print with the pictures. But if I click just once on the email ( the email is displayed in the reading pane ) and hit CTRL-P on the keyboard, the email is print but without the pictures. Is there a setting to correct this behavoir ? Thanks for your anwser ! Shidewa ...

CRM 3.0 and IE 8 causing Outlook client to prompt for network id/p
We use CRM 3.0's Outlook Client. We recently upgraded to IE 8. Ever since then, the users have been getting prompted for their network id/pwd when accessing CRM through Outlook. If they hit Cancel a few times, the page loads. The site is in Trusted Sites both as the IP and server name. They can access CRM through the web app with no log in prompts. Is this a bug or just a configuration issue? Thanks! make sure the Logon Settings is "Auto logon with current username and password" for Trusted Sites. If the problem still occurs, then you need to delete Temporary Inter...

Invoice random load problem: Operation failed due to a SQL integrity violation
Hi I'm writing a web service to load inside the CRM application a list of invoices. The first time I load the list (about 5.000 invoices) I've no problem. Cause I'm in developing the procedure, after deleting all the loaded invoices, I try to load all of them again.... (of course there can be a lot of reasons to delete a list and load it again....) And now, after about 2000 of succesfully invoice load, I've this error message: 0x80040237 Operation failed due to a SQL integrity violation. Platform If I try the operation again I've the same error, and I can't load an...

Credit Card Returns/Corrections..
We have a customer that does a high volume of credit cards. Problems that occur (pc charge, connections, etc.) cause double charges to occur. This has been almost eliminated at this point, but now they have a lab machine at their office with a working merchant number/setup that they correct these duplicate charges on. However, RMS continuely allows a void on the credit card to go through, instead of a return, even thought the return transaction was done on a totally different merchant account (no "vision" of the original sale) by keying in the number. The simple solution i...

Enable Credits & Returns to be selected with a Collections Note
Often a Credit Control issue relates to an invoice and a related credit. For this reason it would be useful to be able to attach the credit transaction to the note also. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communi...

CRM SDK / Create invoices / "large" nbr of lines
Greetings, I'm using the SDK to create invoices in CRM. The invoices are being transferred to CRM from an ERP system (MFG/PRO). I am running into an issue where I can only use the API to create "about" 27 lines. I say "about" because on some invocations transferring the same invoice, I can get 25 or 26 to work or even 28. But it varies from try to try. Failure shows up in 2 ways: 1) The API itself issues a SOAP error whose error code is 80040e31. That error code is actually a SQL database timeout error of some kind. 2) The invoice cannot be opened in CR...