Analytical Accounting Ordinals (AAG00102 table)

Hi All,

I know that I have previously suggested that the AAG00102 should be kept at
Company database level rather than at the Dynamics database level.

I have found that the ordinals contained in AAG00102, for reasons unknown to
me, get out of synch with the actual company table values from time to time.

I have some code, supplied to me by MS, that rather brutally loops through
and updates AAG00102 for the 10000, 20000 and 30000 key values to the correct
ordinals for each company. I say 'brutally'  because the code does not even
check whether these key values exist or not, and fails if they don't (like
when you do not have any history GL30000).

Is there soem code around that will update either individual companies, or
all companies the AAG00102 key values for all possible entry values in the
table.  I have aaTableID entries for 401, 201, 300, 310, 600, etc. for a
number of companies in my AAG00102 table.  The code could check as to whether
these values exist before the update is performed, or just arbitrarily add
these values for all possible combinations (seetting to 1 where there is no
table entry).

This would make a good 'Routines' or 'Utilities' entry if it was deemed as a
piece of core AA functionality.

Cheers.

R.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c834257b-1ab6-4725-a6b7-86dcd15c026d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Rockfield (54)

I STRONGLY agreed as we had similar experience.

I do not know why AA is so 'special' that some tables have to be in
DYNAMICS. I do appreciate MBS support effort in providing script to fix
issues (as in this incident), but what more important if to LOOK INTO THE
ROOT of the issue.

Unfortunately, if we (client/partner) are unable to replicate the issue,
there is 'no case' to MBS, and the support incident will be closed. This
could also be the reason why many partners are just 'reluctant' to report and
hence, the issue (or bug?) will still be there.

"Rockfield" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know that I have previously suggested that the AAG00102 should be kept at
> Company database level rather than at the Dynamics database level.
>
> I have found that the ordinals contained in AAG00102, for reasons unknown to
> me, get out of synch with the actual company table values from time to time.
>
> I have some code, supplied to me by MS, that rather brutally loops through
> and updates AAG00102 for the 10000, 20000 and 30000 key values to the correct
> ordinals for each company. I say 'brutally'  because the code does not even
> check whether these key values exist or not, and fails if they don't (like
> when you do not have any history GL30000).
>
> Is there soem code around that will update either individual companies, or
> all companies the AAG00102 key values for all possible entry values in the
> table.  I have aaTableID entries for 401, 201, 300, 310, 600, etc. for a
> number of companies in my AAG00102 table.  The code could check as to whether
> these values exist before the update is performed, or just arbitrarily add
> these values for all possible combinations (seetting to 1 where there is no
> table entry).
>
> This would make a good 'Routines' or 'Utilities' entry if it was deemed as a
> piece of core AA functionality.
>
> Cheers.
>
> R.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c834257b-1ab6-4725-a6b7-86dcd15c026d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
HFLo (288)
2/8/2007 2:18:01 AM
I have this issue too but I have never received a script from Microsoft. If
anyone has it, can you post or email to jacktundra@hotmail.com

"HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I STRONGLY agreed as we had similar experience.
>
> I do not know why AA is so 'special' that some tables have to be in
> DYNAMICS. I do appreciate MBS support effort in providing script to fix
> issues (as in this incident), but what more important if to LOOK INTO THE
> ROOT of the issue.
>
> Unfortunately, if we (client/partner) are unable to replicate the issue,
> there is 'no case' to MBS, and the support incident will be closed. This
> could also be the reason why many partners are just 'reluctant' to report
> and
> hence, the issue (or bug?) will still be there.
>

> "Rockfield" wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I know that I have previously suggested that the AAG00102 should be kept
>> at
>> Company database level rather than at the Dynamics database level.
>>
>> I have found that the ordinals contained in AAG00102, for reasons unknown
>> me, get out of synch with the actual company table values from time to
>> time.
>>
>> I have some code, supplied to me by MS, that rather brutally loops
>> through
>> and updates AAG00102 for the 10000, 20000 and 30000 key values to the
>> correct
>> ordinals for each company. I say 'brutally'  because the code does not
>> even
>> check whether these key values exist or not, and fails if they don't
>> (like
>> when you do not have any history GL30000).
>>
>> Is there soem code around that will update either individual companies,
>> or
>> all companies the AAG00102 key values for all possible entry values in
>> the
>> table.  I have aaTableID entries for 401, 201, 300, 310, 600, etc. for a
>> number of companies in my AAG00102 table.  The code could check as to
>> whether
>> these values exist before the update is performed, or just arbitrarily
>> add
>> these values for all possible combinations (seetting to 1 where there is
>> no
>> table entry).
>>
>> This would make a good 'Routines' or 'Utilities' entry if it was deemed
>> as a
>> piece of core AA functionality.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> R.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c834257b-1ab6-4725-a6b7-86dcd15c026d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
jacktundra (359)
2/8/2007 5:49:59 AM
The code to update AAG00102 table is available in aaSqlcmd.sys.aaSqlcmd.sql
file for 8.0 version.Please take the code from 8.0 SP5 and later.
Also it will be fine you can inform support in which scenario AAG00102 table
is not getting updated as we have found that ususal scenarios its working
fine.

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> [...]
> >> these values exist before the update is performed, or just arbitrarily
> >> add
> >> these values for all possible combinations (seetting to 1 where there is
> >> no
> >> table entry).
> >>
> >> This would make a good 'Routines' or 'Utilities' entry if it was deemed
> >> as a
> >> piece of core AA functionality.
> >>
> >> Cheers.
> >>
> >> R.
> >>
> >> ----------------
> >> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> >> "I
> >> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> >> this
> >> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

PradeepMV (108)

how do i delete cells or duplicate cells in a table ?
I went to make a table with 8 colums and 3 rows, which turned out fine..but now i need to make 3 more rows added on but half the size long with only 2 colums.. so i figure i can just duplicate or copy from my table 3 of these rows and shirk it and delete 1 cell...but trying to get help on how to add or remove cells seems the hard part ...

No account number shown in printed checks
Using Money 2007 Deluxe. Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of the payees has an account number entered in the appropriate place, in the "Go to Payees" detail listing. Can't figure out what's going on here! Thanks for any assistance. Dave On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:37:03 -0700, Dave M. <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Money 2007 Deluxe. > >Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account >numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of...

Synchronising Accounts
Hi, I have Money 2006. I also have a PDA in which Money 2006 for Pocket Pc 2003 was loaded. When I see the accounts to be synchronised, I see only Credit card accounts, checking accounts, savings accounts and line of credit accounts. I cannot see the Asset accounts like Home or Loan Accounts like Home Mortgage Accounts in the list of accounts to be synchronised in active sync. By the way In transaction register I cannot see special categories like Transfers, Credit Card Payments, Loan Payments. I cannot edit or change the previous transaction, but I can only enter new transactions? M...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Re-assign account issues - MSFT Employees & MSCRM Partners
Scenario: Sales rep leaves the company - accounts need to be shuffled around - some to new rep and some to other reps - typical account realignment - happens in just about any sales org (for many reasons)nothing unique about this - I reassign accounts and of course any items/objects that are not completed, closed, etc...move with the account to the now owner - as it should - Any cases with a resolved status - stay with the respective case owner - as it should - makes sense, right? - The big problem comes in here and it makes no sense - Orders, Opportunities, Quotes, and Appointment activities ...

Co-ordinating comboboxes
This is a variation of a question that Marshall Barton provided a good solution for a few days ago. I just can't seem to get this perfect. I now have 3 unbound comboboxes (cbxReg and cbxArea and cbxDistrict) on my form. cbxArea gets its RowSource from the AfterUpdate event of cbxReg, and cbxDistrict gets its RowSource from the AfterUpdate event of cbxArea. For example, here is cbxReg's AfterUpdate code. Me!cbxArea.RowSource = "SELECT qryData.AreaID,qryData.AreaName FROM qryData WHERE RegID= " & Me!cbxReg.Column(0) & ";" Me!cbxRe...

Refreshing a pivot table #2
I have posted this question before but didn't get any replies so am trying again in the hope that somebody knows the answer.....!! When using a pivot table, is it possible to refresh only certain columns rather than the whole table?? Any urgent help would be appreciated. Thank you. Louise You can't refresh only part of a pivot table. Perhaps you could make a copy of the source data, change only the data you want updated in the pivot table, and base the pivot table on that. Louise wrote: > I have posted this question before but didn't get any replies so am trying > ...

Read from same email account on two separate computers at same tim
I am not too sure if this question belongs to Windows Live Mail. Since I can't do it with POP protocol, I have Windows Live Mail set up to access the same GMail account with IMAP protocol on two separate computers for convenience sake. Every time I start the Windows Live Mail on the second computer after another one already starts on one computer, there seems to be error accessing the server. Also the Windows Live Mail on one system seems to keep downloading mails while the other one doesn't. How can I selectively download mails, that is download only when I read ...

Visual Basic
Hi, I trying to create a table using visual basic, when i try to run it. It prompt me "No fields defined, can't append Table or Index. Anyone, could highlight to me what is the problem. My code is as follows: Public Sub PCreateTable() Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Dim idx As DAO.Index Dim fldTradeDate As DAO.Field Dim fldStockName As DAO.Field Dim fldRemarks As DAO.Field Dim fldCurrency As DAO.Field Dim fldClose As DAO.Field Dim fldChange As DAO.Field Dim fldVolume As DAO.Field Dim fldHigh As DAO.Field Dim fldLow As DAO.Field Dim fldValue As DAO.Field Dim fldDay...

Keep Pivot Table custom chart type
I'm creating a pivot table custom chart type "Line - Column on 2 Axes". The chart looks great when I create it. The problem is when the user does anything to the chart (filters the data, adds a new flield of data, etc.), the chart changes to where both data series are displayed as bar charts and the second axis is gone. I can't find an event that fires when they modify the chart, so I don't know that I can programatically change it back. Is there a way to keep it from changing in the first place? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks! Loss of formatting is a known prob...

Smart list data not in tables
I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list but is not veiwed in the tables....any easy way to get the data back in the tables. MR Have you used some tool like Query Analyzer to view the suspected tables? If you will tell me the SmartList you are trying to view, I'll give you the tables. There is no way SL is showing nonexistent data; it's just a report writer. "Mike R" <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CC49A0-FB4F-48F8-AAD8-7EBB2D973CCE@microsoft.com... >I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list b...

New account with new Domain
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to set up a new entourage email account using a new recently purchased domain. I am putting in mail@domainname.com for incoming and out going mails but when i verify details it tells me both are not right. Do I have to have set up the hosting for the website before being able to set up the email account or do I need to set up the email address at somewhere like GMail first and then will I be able to do it???? Any help appreciated. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this f...

Negative Net worth after adding a Mortgage account
Money is now calculating my net worth as negative, This occurred after I added my home mortgage to 2004. Shouldn't my home be an asset, even though technically I have a mortgage? Can anyone shed light on this? Tony Yes, your home should be an asset and there is an account type, interestingly enough called asset account, designed just to handle this. Read more in online help. The Money Loan setup wizard should have asked you about setting one up. "Tony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message news:mkmb10hro61seu4h9m4hpjp91kbk1o7egq@4ax.com... > Mo...

Accounting templates
Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 Kaye Browse through the Excel section of the MS Template Gallery. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:59:05 -0800, "Kaye" <Kaye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income >statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 ...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Domain Rights
Silly question... Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange server. If possible, please provide a M$ link. thanks, FastEddie On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:43:05 -0500, "FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote: >Silly question... > >Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems >like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange >server. Nope. In fact, it is recommended that it not be a d...

pivot table: create worksheetsheet using pivot table
While working in a pivot table, I accidentally created a new worksheet in my file with isolated data from the report e.g. pivot table shows all days of the month with totals for each deposit account... my 'accident' created a sheet with all the data for a single date. It turns out, this would be a useful tool for my manager, but we cannot reproduce my accident. My mouse was on the blitz and after a few solo selections the new worksheet appeared. Does anyone know how to do this (intentionally)? Please help. ...

WM5/Mny2006 Account Register Data Input
I'm using Money2006 on WM5/VGA, work fine in portrait mode until a trial version of Lingvosoft Dict, was installed, the Input field width & dropdown menu boxes under ACCOUNT REGISTER was slightly enlarged and got pushed off the right screen, now the dropdown button can only be accessed by setting the ppc in landscape mode, appreciate if anyone could provide info how to correct this problem. btw, I've uninstall and trial-ware and reinstalled money2006. TIA CZX ...

How does AD tie a joining PC with a pre-staged computer account?
On our network, we only want a select group of desktop managers joining PCs to the domain. In addition to that, we want those managers REQUESTING to have those machines joined before they actually do so. This is because we have problems with some desktop managers moving machines around without telling us, losing track of assets, and so on. We're planning on having an automated network registration, so we're not planning on making everyone's life hell, but they will have to jump through a few hoops to get on a publically routable network and so on. I have a decent id...

Pivot Tables as Data Source
Does anyone know how to create a Pivot Table with multiple Pivot Tables as it's source? The source Pivot Tables retrieve data from different locations and are structured in the same way as each other, with the same dimensions - I would like to produce a summary Pivot Table. Thanks Stephen ...

Retreiving Data From CBM Tables
Hi, I'm facing some problem in retrieving CBM Tables in order to design a report for my customer. For my report I want to list out the Payments Posted Records from CBM and for that I have joined the two tables i.e. CB900035 & CB777001 BELOW IS MY QUERY: SELECT B.CHEKNMBR, A.CHEKBKID, B.CB_Trans_Amount, B.CB_Type_Description, A.CB_TRANS_TYPE FROM CB900035 A, CB777001 B WHERE A.DOCNUMBR=B.CHEKNMBR AND A.CBVOIDEDCANCELLED='' AND A.CB_TRANS_TYPE='P' AND A.CHEKBKID ='BatchNO' AND A.DATE1='12-31-2005' -------------------------------- In some cases the...

creating a table with multiple columns
for a High School science project my daughter created a survey with 39 possible responses (3 groups of 13 responses in each group) the people taking the survey are supposed to pick the top 4 responses in each group (numbered 1-4, 1 being the highest). Other information is Age, grade and gender of the person taking the survey. What would be the best way to create the table and eventually charts to diplay the results of the survey? I was thinking of a flat table with a number in the cells correspondig to their answers but I have no idea how to create the charts or compare the answers w...

Balance an Account Money 2006
In previous versions of Money when I balanced an account, I was able to see the debits and credits on the left side of the screen. This helped in my control of adding the credits and debits. Now all I see is an amount that is not reconciled. I need to get to zero. I miss the old way. Is the old way gone or is there a way to turn it on? Please help on this. Gone. Gone in M05 as well. (M04? Can't remember exactly where this came in. Diligent groups.googling could reveal. It's been a relatively common topic since it happened.) Microsoft thought you wanted it "simpler"...

Account Activity Blackout Dates
Hi, My group is using CRM, and we need the ability to add blackout dates to our accounts. That is, we need to be able to prohibit certain accounts from being scheduled for an activity during particular time periods. Does CRM have any built-in functionality that allows for this? Thank you! -Dave- Afraid not. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 2 Feb 2005 11:20:27 -0800, "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi, My group is using CRM, and we need the ability to add blackout dates to our accounts...

One Account No Longer Updating
I can no longer get updates from one of my banks. All the others work fine. This started happening about 10 days ago. I contacted my bank and they said there is nothing happening on their end. I set up the online account information once again and it fails during the account setup. During account setup I get this error: "You accounts couldn't be updated with information from your bank or brokerage. To learn more, on the Tools menu, point to Internet Updates, and then click Read Call Summary Messages." When I do that I see this error: "Microsoft Mon...

Office small business 2003 OUTLOOK multiple email accounts
Hello to all. I am running office 2003 as part of small business 2003. I have now 2 email accounts. The first is fine and working well. The second one I just set up and this will be used as the inbox for emails to be sent to from a "catch all" profile as set up from my ISP. I would like all the emails that arrive in the second email address to be placed into a seprate folder and not to be mixed up with emails from my 1st and original email address. I dont used Exchange server. Does anyone know how to do this? Use the Rules Wizard to sort mail items based on receiving account...