Analysis Cubes Measures & Facts Mismatch Dynamics GP

i am facing the issue that all data is not populated to cube as is available
in GP

for examples monlthly sales does not match with Dynamics monthly sales
for example acccount list in account fact table does not match with Accounts
in dynamics gp

missing information is also variable somewhere week data is missing and
somewhere month data is missing although schedule job for daily update is
also scheduled and running successfully

Configuration: SQL 2005 Analysis Service

Please help!!!!

dynamic display of line placement (graphic) in all views as its in progress
Hi, I am drawing a line pDC->Line(...) in my view 1.. suppose there are 3 more views for the same document are open . The views which are referencing same area as view 1 should also reflect the rubberband effect as I go on placing the line. now current effect if.. first I complete the placement of line in view 1 then I call GetDocument()->UpdateAllViews(NULL, 0, NULL); so the line reflects in other views aswell. I want to see the line placement in all views as its in progress. How I may achieve it. calling UpdateAllViews in MouseMove event may not have irritating effect. any idea? Leya...

Upgrading GP 10
Is there a way to create an installation package for client delpoy that will install the GP 10 prerequisites, install GP 10, install the GP service pack, upgrade 3rd party applications (need to uninstall existing version, install version 10), one after the other? If possible this could be deployed from Active Directory. To satisfy your needs, let’s divide them into points: 1. Install the GP 10 prerequisites The installation already installs the prerequisites upon launching the package. 2. Install the GP service pack Checkout blog post below on how to include the Service Packs inside th...

dynamic ranges for charting
I saw another post with a similare title, but there was not enough info in there to tell me if I am trying the same thing. I want to have a column of data. Depending on the values in the column, I will automatically calculate start and end rows for the data I want to graph. If I paste in a new set of values, my formula to calculate the start and end would automatically update and I would lkike the chart to automatically update too. I was able to create a single cell with an OFFSET() statement that determines the position and height and width of my data to be graphed. When I created a ...

Dynamic stacked column chart with ranking
Hi All, I would like to design a stacked column chart that stacks up supply based on ranking, from cheapest to most expensive, and to keep the same colors on any given day. the y axis will plot supply, and the x-axis will plot time (day 1, day 2, day 3 etc...) E.g. Day 1 Apples - supply 5, price 20p (color red on chart) Pears - supply 3, price 25p (color blue on chart) Bananas - supply 6, price 30p (color green on chart) So on Day 1, the stack will be from bottom to top, Apples (red), Pears (blue) and Bananas (green) (cheapest to most expensive) Day 2 Pears - supply 4, price 15p (co...

Voiding & Re-Issuing Checks in GP
Hello! I hope someone can answer my question below, thank you in advance. How can we void and re-issue a check in Great Plains without having to open a closed accounting period? For example a check issued in December 2005 was reported lost in June 2006. Now it is June and I want to void the check and issue a new one but the December period is closed and can’t be changed as the balance was audited. You can enter a void date in the current period, if that's what you want to do. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Roger Carias" wrote: > Hello! I hope someone can answer my questio...

DBNS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0
we are gett ing this error in our Payables Tranaction Inquiry - Vendor of the Dynamics GP - The error is: The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results: DBNS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 has any one seen this message from this area of Dynamics? Thanks Dennis Dennis, found the following: This error can occur if the PM Keys are missing or corrupt. To resolve this error, re-create the PM Keys. 1. Make a full backup that can be restored to should undesirable results occur. 2. Have all users exit Great Plains. 3. Click Start, Click Programs, Click Microsoft SQ...

How to measure the amount of data generated on a server
Hi We have two Exchange Servers Exchange 2003 SP3. We are considering putting in an archiving solution, however it relies on envelope journaling being enabled. I am concerned about the amount of storage this is going to require and want to measure the amount of message data in megabytes the exchange servers create in a day. This will give me an idea of the storage required. We have circular logging turned on (long story) so its not just a case of counting the amount of 5 mb edb files created in a day. Is there a performance counter that can provide me with this information, or some o...

Dynamics 4.0 and MSCRMimport tool authentication issue
Hi, I have a need to export data from my CRM app and import it into our development version - MS recently released their MSCRMimport tool which would allow me to do this, but I can't get it to connect to MS CRM 4.0 at all. I input the crm server (http://crmserver/), and the AD name, username and password (my own, as I am a systems admin for CRM), and the org name (our company name), but all I get back is a '401 Unauthorised' error message. I am running this on a remote XP machine, and not the crm server itself - should I be doing that? Or is there something I must enable in the...

Open PO in Dynamics not showing Line Item on Order in Business Por
Quantity Ordered in Purchase Order Entry shows 60 but when I look item up in the Business Portal under Inventory Items On Order shows 0??? Please help!!! Have you Printed the PO yet? What does Quantity On Order in GP Item Inquiry say? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tstrop" wrote: > Quantity Ordered in Purchase Order Entry shows 60 but when I look item up in > the Business Portal under Inventory Items On Orde...

GL Variance analysis
Hello all, we currently use MBS Great Plains v7.5 and FRX v6.5.152 I'd like to build an automated report that will calculate the variance in for the GL accounts : from fiscal period to fiscal period for current fiscal year AND from same fiscal period, prior year to current year I'd also like the report to automatically show totals for all references that make up the GL account balance ex: in May 2004 , we had office expenses from Kinko's for $ 200 and from IBM for $ 600 the ytd GL balance is $ 600 in May 2003 , the ytd GL balance was $ 500 made up of Kinko's for $150 and...

I cannot load the Analysis Toolpak in Excel 2003 like Microsoft H.
I need the Data Analysis command which is supposed to be in the tools pull-down menu. It wasn't there. I then tried to load the Analysis Toolpak multiple times with no success. Does anyone know how to get this done? Try Tools | Add-Ins | Analysis Toolpak This will put Data Analysis in the Tools Menu. tj "Frustrated student" wrote: > I need the Data Analysis command which is supposed to be in the tools > pull-down menu. It wasn't there. I then tried to load the Analysis Toolpak > multiple times with no success. Does anyone know how to get this done? If...

Dynamics Security console #3
Hi all I have installed MOSS onto a windows 2008 32bit server. I have done all the setups and have installed Dynamics Webservices with SP3 all went fine. When I run Dynamics security console and choose select Applications and the SecurityService. I get a "Could not access the SecurityService service. Unable to connect to the remote server" Please could somebody help Regards Laurie ...

GP 9.0 move to new server
Currently we have GP 9.0 server software running on one server and SQL 2000 64 bit running on another. We need to load just the GP server software portion to another server, and leave the SQL database where its at on its current server. Can anyone point to a KB article, documentation or perhaps explain whats necessary to accomplish just a GP server software move or reinstall? Scott, If you are leaving SQL and the databases on the same server as they are now, all you need to do is reload Dynamics on the new server. Be sure you select a server client install during the process. Then...

Dynamic create object in a SDI application
I tried to create a CEdit object in myView:OnCreate(..), rather using draw a Edit Box in a dailog(I want the Edit object been created at run time). I can do it successfully & can set some property on this object, but I can't find how to set the object's appearance to be 3D-looking. (just like set Border in Style + set Static-Edge in ExtendedStyle) Is there anyone can help ? Thanks & Regards, "EagleChen" <eagle@magination.com.tw> wrote in message news:eiOQL%23chDHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I tried to create a CEdit object in myView:OnCreate(..), ra...

How to display dynamic range
Sometimes I have to troubleshoot a formula that uses dynamic ranges. Here is an example formula: =CORREL(OFFSET(Sheet3!$A$1,1,MATCH(C$1,Sheet3!$1:$1,0)-1,$A$1),(OFFSET(Sheet3!$A$1,1,MATCH($A241,Sheet3!$1:$1,0)-1,$A$1))). Is there a way to determine the exact cells addresses that the correl function will operate on? For example, the Formula Palette for the OFFSET function above may say: Ref=0, row=102, col=214, height =144. Is there a way to determine the exact cell address range this represents? Thanks. I'd create a named range for each of them. Then I could just type in the ...

dynamically referencing ranges with variables
I'm hung up on what should be a simple problem: I have a spreadsheet that adds data to columns from column G on depending on the number of elements I have in an array (each array element heads up a column). Once the code is complete, I need to format the sheet and this is where I get into problems. For example, lets say the array had five elements in it, so my code creates data in columns G through K. if I want to set the column width of columns G-K to 5 I can either code it statically [Columns("G:K").ColumnWidth = 5] which eliminates any ability to dynamically re...

Tax Update for GP 9.0
Dear Sir, I installed Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 but during updating the Tax manual or over the net i got this error VB Error found: ActiveX component can't create object ...

GP Client Looping on Open
We have an issue with a PC which is experiencing a looping issue when trying to open the GP software the first time. Basically, the first time GP 10.0 is opened it prompts to run GP Utilites in order to convert older data. We don't have anything to convert yet so we click Launch GP. This causes the whole process to start over. server is SQL 2005, clients are Windows XP Pro and most are limited users. Any ideas? Thanks, Check OS permissions on your Dex.ini file. GP requires that users have modify or RWXD permissions on most files in the GP folder Log in as the Administrator,...

GP calculates new depreciation on a fully depreciated asset
We performed a mass change on a class of assets to change the Class ID and GL account number. After the mass change completed, we ran depreciation for the month, and some of the assets that were included in the mass change that were fully depreciated now show an amount in the Current Depreciation field (flagged as Y for Fully Depreciated and NBV shows as $0). A depreciation amount was also sent to the GL as part of the depreciation batch. We tried this in our TEST environment successfully. Does anyone know how this could have happened - that GP calculated and assigned a depre...

GP 8.0 cannot update accounts for GL
Hello, I am in the cards-->financial-->accountscreen and the system will not let me create new accounts. It tells me the account is already created. Then when I go to do an inquiry on the account code, the system returns an "no account exists" message. This is an upgrade from GP 7.5 to 8.0 w/SP 2. Thanks, Garreth Garreth, If the message you are getting is "This record has been created since your attempt to create it" then most likely you have FRx triggers on your SQL tables. KB article # 857649 addresses this (in cause 2). If you're getting another...

Question: Dynamic DLL loading / Class export
Hi. I have a class that is exported by a DLL. I have a header shared between the DLL and the app. I want to dynamically load the DLL, then call members of the class I have a function createobject that creates an object and sets the parameter to a pointer to that objec //dll.h// class objec void method() } extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void CreateObject(Object **o) // //code.cpp//// typedef void (*MYPROC)(Object**) HINSTANCE hLib = LoadLibrary("DLLNAME.DLL") MYPROC LoadProc = (MYPROC)GetProcAddress(hLib,"CreateObject") Object* object LoadProc(&o...

Comparison Check for GP Companies
When implementing a new system for clients we always set up a Pilot Company as well as a Live one. Once this is done, it would be useful if a report could compare all the setup options for two chosen companies and show where they were different. This would enable setup changes in one to be tracked and identified as being needed in the other. It could simply report the exceptions, and/or what had changed since the original copy was taken. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion...

GP 10 SP1 Problems
We just applied SP1 to the server and experienced the same issue as reported earlier in the newsgroup (version numbers for GP (PRODID=0) fail to update). Thanks to all of you for your insight. When Launching GP we are now getting an error message: M00016:P00029 - I.S.T. trigger on procedure PostIVReceipt of form IV_TrxWorkLine not registered. I just tried to download the Installation guide and got blocked. What fun! -- Tim Foster The error message is occuring because SP1 broke one of our third party applications. The developer has already been in touch and I'm sure it will be ...

Dynamic field
I have forms for each product, and each of this form have field txtProduct (with unique product name). Also, in each of this form is same subform. I need to use field Product in ACTIVE FORM like default value in subform. How to detect active form and fileld. If I use expression [Forms]![ActiveFormName]![txtProduct] I need to specify ActiveFormName Thanks! Why do you have a separate form for each product? That doesn't sound particularly efficient to me... From the subform, you can determine the name of the parent form as Me.Parent.Name. To set a default value to a field in the subfo...

Error after CRM Integration for GP installed.
We are moving GP and CRM to new servers. After GP and CRM are moved, I installed Integration on third machine and point to existing Integration database. No error during installation and I verified everything according to the installation instruction. But when any of the SQL jobs runs, it gives the error like A problem occurred in package 'DXInventoryPriceLevel' with a Document Exchange Custom Task (Publish Table Data) (Microsoft.BusinessFramework.DocumentExchange.Common.Publication.PublishTableTask): QueryInterface for interface Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Interop.DTS._Package...