Analysis Cubes for SQL 2005

Hi all

I downloaded the Analysis Cubes for SQL Server 2005, and installed the
application.
During configuration, when I select the Server Name where GP is
installed, it displays the companies that have been created on that
server.
When I select the company and click "Next", I am getting a message
saying "Unable to access the registration information of Dynamics GP.
Kindly check the registration settings of Dynamics GP.".

I have installed GP with our partner registration keys. I even
generated a new key with all modules and applied that key, but still
the same message comes up.
I have installed the following components of SQL 2005

1. SQL Database Services
2. SQL Analysis Services
3. SQL Reporting Services
4. SQL Integration Services
5. SQL Notification Services
6. Workstation Components, SQL Books Online etc...

What could be wrong in the above setup, which makes me get the error.
Further, upon noticing the message, I noticed that that spelling of
registration is spelt as "regstration", which makes me wonder if this
product for SQL 2005 is under testing/beta.

It would be much appreciated if some one assist/advice me on this.

Thanks & Regards
Sivakumar V

0
veeyeskay (12)

Are you sure your GP reg keys reflect Analysis Cubes?
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Sivakumar V (Certified Professional for" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I downloaded the Analysis Cubes for SQL Server 2005, and installed the
> application.
> During configuration, when I select the Server Name where GP is
> installed, it displays the companies that have been created on that
> server.
> When I select the company and click "Next", I am getting a message
> saying "Unable to access the registration information of Dynamics GP.
> Kindly check the registration settings of Dynamics GP.".
>
> I have installed GP with our partner registration keys. I even
> generated a new key with all modules and applied that key, but still
> the same message comes up.
> I have installed the following components of SQL 2005
>
> 1. SQL Database Services
> 2. SQL Analysis Services
> 3. SQL Reporting Services
> 4. SQL Integration Services
> 5. SQL Notification Services
> 6. Workstation Components, SQL Books Online etc...
>
> What could be wrong in the above setup, which makes me get the error.
> Further, upon noticing the message, I noticed that that spelling of
> registration is spelt as "regstration", which makes me wonder if this
> product for SQL 2005 is under testing/beta.
>
> It would be much appreciated if some one assist/advice me on this.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Sivakumar V

0
callen (2505)
8/20/2006 10:40:02 PM
Yes. When I go to the About Great Plains menu, It shows that the
followinbg modules are registered.

1. Analysis Basic Cubes
2. Analysis Cubes Library
3. Advanced Analysis Cubes Library

Your help is much appreciated.

Charles Allen wrote:
> Are you sure your GP reg keys reflect Analysis Cubes?
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Sivakumar V (Certified Professional for" wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I downloaded the Analysis Cubes for SQL Server 2005, and installed the
> > application.
> > During configuration, when I select the Server Name where GP is
> > installed, it displays the companies that have been created on that
> > server.
> > When I select the company and click "Next", I am getting a message
> > saying "Unable to access the registration information of Dynamics GP.
> > Kindly check the registration settings of Dynamics GP.".
> >
> > I have installed GP with our partner registration keys. I even
> > generated a new key with all modules and applied that key, but still
> > the same message comes up.
> > I have installed the following components of SQL 2005
> >
> > 1. SQL Database Services
> > 2. SQL Analysis Services
> > 3. SQL Reporting Services
> > 4. SQL Integration Services
> > 5. SQL Notification Services
> > 6. Workstation Components, SQL Books Online etc...
> >
> > What could be wrong in the above setup, which makes me get the error.
> > Further, upon noticing the message, I noticed that that spelling of
> > registration is spelt as "regstration", which makes me wonder if this
> > product for SQL 2005 is under testing/beta.
> >
> > It would be much appreciated if some one assist/advice me on this.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Sivakumar V

0
veeyeskay (12)
8/21/2006 10:51:00 AM
After a long wait and no response from any one, I have done some
research and found out that Analysis Cubes for SQL Server 2005 is
supported only for US English Installations of MS Dynamics GP.
But the misguiding message displayed, which mentions that the
registration information is not valid" needs to be changed by
Microsoft. I can make many waste their time in finding out why the
error comes, if it is such mis leading.
Hope Microsoft takes note of this and give a more meaningful error
message.

Regards
Sivakumar V

Sivakumar V wrote:
> Yes. When I go to the About Great Plains menu, It shows that the
> followinbg modules are registered.
>
> 1. Analysis Basic Cubes
> 2. Analysis Cubes Library
> 3. Advanced Analysis Cubes Library
>
> Your help is much appreciated.
>
> Charles Allen wrote:
> > Are you sure your GP reg keys reflect Analysis Cubes?
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Sivakumar V (Certified Professional for" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I downloaded the Analysis Cubes for SQL Server 2005, and installed the
> > > application.
> > > During configuration, when I select the Server Name where GP is
> > > installed, it displays the companies that have been created on that
> > > server.
> > > When I select the company and click "Next", I am getting a message
> > > saying "Unable to access the registration information of Dynamics GP.
> > > Kindly check the registration settings of Dynamics GP.".
> > >
> > > I have installed GP with our partner registration keys. I even
> > > generated a new key with all modules and applied that key, but still
> > > the same message comes up.
> > > I have installed the following components of SQL 2005
> > >
> > > 1. SQL Database Services
> > > 2. SQL Analysis Services
> > > 3. SQL Reporting Services
> > > 4. SQL Integration Services
> > > 5. SQL Notification Services
> > > 6. Workstation Components, SQL Books Online etc...
> > >
> > > What could be wrong in the above setup, which makes me get the error.
> > > Further, upon noticing the message, I noticed that that spelling of
> > > registration is spelt as "regstration", which makes me wonder if this
> > > product for SQL 2005 is under testing/beta.
> > >
> > > It would be much appreciated if some one assist/advice me on this.
> > >
> > > Thanks & Regards
> > > Sivakumar V

0
veeyeskay (12)
8/30/2006 5:56:43 PM
Sivakumar --

Thank you for using the newsgroups.  The Analysis Cubes for SQL Server 2005
is only supported for US installations.  The 2005 product does not have its
own registration keys as the prior product did but does require the Great
Plains Professional keys.

I hope this information is helpful.

--
Kirsten

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily
Microsoft Business Solutions policy.

0
kschaff (17)