Analysis Cubes - Excel AddIn

What are the minimum requirements for using the Excel Addin for Analysis
Cubes? Do you need to have GP installed to use the Excel AddIn? I have some
users that need to access GP data, but I donot want to have to install GP on
their Workstations, how do I do this? I am using GP version 8.0.
0
anijou (8)

See below for the requirements:
1. Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Server; Windows 2000 Service
Pack 2; Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows
Server 2003; Windows XP; Windows XP Service Pack 1

2. To use the add-in with Analysis Services 2005, the following components
must be installed prior to the installation of the add-in (and in order):
MSXML, Version 6.0
SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB Provider

3. This add-in works with the following Office applications:
Microsoft Office Excel 2003
Microsoft Excel 2002 (with Office XP Service Pack 3 installed)

4. To deploy the add-in one of the following must be available:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005, which includes SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services
Microsoft SQL Server 2000, which includes SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services

I didn't see any reference on having GP installed.

hope this helps, rc

"anijou" wrote:

> What are the minimum requirements for using the Excel Addin for Analysis
> Cubes? Do you need to have GP installed to use the Excel AddIn? I have some
> users that need to access GP data, but I donot want to have to install GP on
> their Workstations, how do I do this? I am using GP version 8.0.
0
RC (240)

Excel Newbie-Simple Question Regarding Numbers Formats
Trying to enter positive numbers (no decimal places) into cells that start with the number zero.No luck. Tried "Help"...couldn't figure it out (after 30 minutes). Can somebody walk me through it? I'm using Excel 2000. TIA! The only way I know a number starting with zero (0) can be entered in cell without losing the 0 is to put an apostrophe before entering th number, e.g. '012345 and this will register in the cell as 012345. But then, technically this is not in a number format. This will be a text. BTW, how can a number starting with 0 not have a decimal place i...

Tab delimited text problems within Excel
When opening a tab delimited file within excel I am experiencing problems. The file's last column is blank, which is needed, but when I open it within excel it recognises that the column exists for the first 15 rows then it doesn't recognises the column when saving back as a text file.. Any ideas? A lot of programs don't need the tab if there is nothing in the values. But if your program does, how about putting something in that last column that you want. Just put a single apostrophe (') in that last column of each row and excel will understand what you want. Andrew...

EXCEL 2007 no longer add properly
In cell k17 I have the number 1 in cell l17 I have the number 2 in cell m17 I have the formula =+k17+l17(and the answer is 3 as it should be) Here is the trouble. If I copy cell M17 down to M18 thru m20 I still get the answer as 3 but there are no number in the k18 and l18 or k19 and l19 or k20 and l20 What has gone wrong? Thanks Hi, Did you recalcule the spreadsheet - press F9? If this is the problem, then choose Tools, Options, Calculation, Automatic -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "pcor" wrote: > In cell k17 I have the number 1 > in cell l17 I have the number 2 > ...

Excel chart
How do you assign the Excel file name automatically in the chart of the file. We are developing a templete file. Each file has 5-10 charts and we would like to have the chart title to include the file name. We are familiar with the header code "&[file]" but it does not work in the title. Thank you, Hi TGreen, Put this formula somewhere on the worksheet. =CELL("filename",A1) This will return the full path\filename. Then select the chart, type = and select the cell withthe formula. That will build a textbox with the filename in the chart. Ed Ferrero http://edferr...

Transform XML Files with XSLT When Importing into Microsoft Excel 2000
Is it possible or is it just a feature supported by Excel 2002 Thanks, Bob ...

want to overwrite Excel workbook instead of appending new data
Hello, I'm doing data import overnight. Now the new data is appended to the old data. But I want to overwrite Excel workbook instead of appending new datato the old data. Any idea? Thanks! In article <2E756F9B-ADD7-40DE-954E-A29BE379B321@microsoft.com>, Excel@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hello, > > I'm doing data import overnight. Now the new data is appended to the old > data. But I want to overwrite Excel workbook instead of appending new datato > the old data. Any idea? Thanks! > Delete the existing data before importing? Depending on how you...

How to enable the function WeekNum for Excel 2003?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable the function WeekNum for Excel 2003? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Hi, Tools|Addins and check 'Analysis toolpak' Mike "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable the function WeekNum for > Excel 2003? > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric ...

Excel 2000 formula recalc problem
Hi everybody, I have a problem making sure all the formulas in the spreadsheet recalculate, when recalc is called from within a macro. I have a complicated spreadsheet model that takes a second or two to recalculate. I run a macro that: 1. Sets up parameters 2. Forces recalc 3. Grabs the output 4. Cycles back to step 1 with different parameters, etc. My code looks something like this: For j = pageFirst To pageLast Step pageStep <set up parameters of the j-th scenario> Application.CalculateFull <save the output, which is just a rect...

Excel Mac Layout
Hello, On the Excel for macintosh, can you change the layout to look like Excel for windows? -- Thank you... Elaine Elaine - Both Mac Excel 2004 and 2008 use menus, so they look somewhat like Windows Excel 2003 and earlier Windows versions. Neither Mac version has the ribbons used in Windows Excel 2007 and 2010. If you want to know how your Mac Excel can be customized, I suggest posting in the very active microsoft.public.mac.office.excel newsgroup. Be sure to mention your version of Excel. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Elaine" <Elaine...

Excel and DFS
I set up a domain dfs root on a w2k3 server, and many links. If a client tries to open up an excel document using the DFS path name, they get an error '\\domainname' could not be found. This does not happen with word, and other applications. If I map a drive to the DFS root it works, or if I use the server name in the path instead of the domain. It also works in Excel 2002. Just appears to be excel 2000 that it does not work Anybody have any ideas Thank You Can you follow the path down in the File|open Dialog. Just to make sure that there wasn't a typo. (Just a guess--I _t...

Change default # of print copies in Excel
I have an Excel 2003 SP3 document that defaults to 15 copies when printing it. It can be over-ridden, but people forget to do that and print too much. Can the '15' be changed to '1' and saved that way for future printing? How do you do it? Thanks, Stan Milbrath ...

Excel to Access
Is there a way to capture the data in excel and paste it into an access database? I use an access db (didn't build it and don't know how to) to track inspections. Last year when I got a PDA I built an excel table with same fields as the access db. Now I have to put the data into it and it won't let me paste it. Some of the fields in the access db have drop down options... Help! Mike Open your Access database and go to "Tables". Click the "File" drop down menu to get File>Get External Data>Import. Change the file type to look for to Excel, xls and ...

new to excel
hello, i am starting a job which i am required to learn excel. they are allowing me to seek some training. does anyone have suggestions on the quickest way to learn basic excel? I am in a hurry! i have computer experience as a home user of windows, internet, etc, but not much experience with office. How long do you think it takes to grasp this stuff!!!!????? Please!!! Any advise. Thanks so much in advance! Maureen, "How long do you think it takes to grasp this stuff" it depends on what stuff you want to do, here is a very basic tutorial that might help you get started, ...

Write to excel with odb
net newb here... i found this intro but dont' know where to go from here Sub WriteExcelFileWithJet() 'If your purpose of use Excel is only to store data in a sheet, you do not need to run Excel application at all. Simply use MS Jet OLDDB driver and ..NET System.Data.OleDb name space (OleDbConnection) to query/retrieve data and update from/to Excel sheet. This way you will not need to deal the famous Excel.Application remains in memory issue, which has been raised so many times. Dim ODB As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection ODB.ConnectionString = "Provider=Micro...

Import csv-file Excel 2007
If I import a csv-file where numbers have . as decimal, I am not able to import this correctly if I have , as decimal in Regional settings. I got both .. as both for each 1000 and decimal; no numbers! If I do the exact same in Excel 2003, it is working perfect. As a workaround I change to , in my textfile before importing, but this is a very unnecessary work. Are there someone having solved this?? In Excel 2003 I entered Jan, Feb, .... in A1:A10 and in B1:B10 I I entered some decimal values 10.2,12.3,... I saved the files as a CSV file and confirmed it opened correctly in Excel 2003 and...

Excel 2008 hyperlinks won=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=92?=t save on .xlsx format, but will save in xls format.

Excel 2003
Hi I need to create a macro that will first do a "save as" picking up a file name from a cell on the worksheet and then will exit excel Chage the reference of [a1] to the cell on your worksheet that has the name you want to save as: Sub SaveAndClose() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\myDirectory\" & [a1] & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.Close End Sub -- Regards, Dave "Alan_Malawi" wrote: > Hi I need to create a macro that will first do a "save as" picking up a file > name from a cell o...

Excel 2007
How do i convert excel 2007 files to excel 2000 files and mail it Use File | Save As; specify Excel 97-2003 format in the Type box. Now it is ready to email best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Vishwas" <Vishwas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B337E4C0-DB2D-4EE9-AB8A-F07635DC4C17@microsoft.com... > How do i convert excel 2007 files to excel 2000 files and mail it Office button>Save as>Excel97-2003 workbook -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Vishwas" <Vishwas@discus...

excel opens but not the document
i have a problem with excel 2003 - when i click on an excel document excel opens but does not load the document - i have to go to file >> open to open the document any idea's would be appreciated Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's fa...

excel compile error. Only some computers?
we have an office with about thirty computers running xp pro w sp2. Originally there was 10 individuals that were working with a macro oder form in excel. We are now adding another 10 people that will be using this order form, but have found that the excel macro oder form will only work on some of the machines. We run a mix of office 2000 & 2003. The error I get does not seem to be related to the version of excel we are using. I get an error opening the excel sheet in office 2003 while our secratary opens the same sheet in excel 2003 with no erorrs. Vice Versa with office 2000...

How to repair a currupted Excel file?
Hello Everyone... I got a a document & excel file from my professor. It is corrupted in my system. My other class fellows are working on it. My other excel files are working. How can i repair the corruptd excel file? Ravi, Ask your professor for a new copy, or one of your class fellows. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Ravi Gupta" <Ravi Gupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBAA02D8-3333-4CCE-8864-D5247178C01A@microsoft.com... > Hello Everyone... > I got a a document & excel file from my professor. It is corrupted in my > system. My other clas...

Pasting from Excel to Word & Photoshop
I have pasted an image form Excel to Word and from Excel to Photoshop. I have inserted it as a bitmap. However, when printed the image's resolution is not very good. Is there anything I can do to improve the resolution in Excel before I paste it? Thank you. ...

Text in Excel
I create reports that include multi column & row tables of information & data as well as a lot of text outside the table describing the tabled information. Any suggestion of what the most efficient way of hanling text in Excel would be appreciated. This would include paragraphs and single line text. In the past I have merged the cells of the columns that have text and set them to "wrap" but I am having to constantly adjust the row heights manually. Thanks for any suggestions. You can use comments (Insert>Comment) to the cells, and show or hide them as required...

Excel
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there is in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? ...

Creating a Sheet Index of all Excel Worksheets
I have been trying find information on creating an Index of all worksheet tabs, within a workbook, that will continually update with changes to the tabs. I have tried through the code option, but I am clearly out of my element here........ See this: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2118912&postcount=1 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "K Smith" <K Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C09F2DFC-748E-4678-875D-C94E69323B80@microsoft.com... >I have been trying find information on creating an Index of all worksheet >...