Amount paid on check stub to reflect the exact amount paid

I had multiple invoices to pay including a credit to one vendor. Instead of
referring to the remittance advice that I sent along with the check, they
posted the payments according to the info on the check stub. This is what
appears on the stub:
Inv amt 165.10 amount paid 0.00
  "    "    279.67  "    " 38.64
  "    "     7.00     "    "   7.00
  "    "   145.50    "    " 145.50
  "    "    161.40    "   "  161.40
  "     "  (406.13)   "   "     0.00
The total comes to 352.54 and the check was correct. However, since the
vendor used the info on the stub to apply the payments, they are now charging
us a finance charge which I am disputing.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d84cf368-7b25-4fd9-8b37-3426ec129461&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Pilar (1)

Rounding Numbers into Retail Amounts
Trying to find a way to find "good" retail numbers based on cost of goods. Right now if I want a 40% margin on cost I use the following =ROUND(A1/((100-$40)*0.01),0)+0.95 A1 is the cost. I Round the result (and add 95 cents). So $55 cost returns $92.95 But I consider certain numbers like $90,$91,$92,$93,$95,$96,$97,$98 to be "bad" at retail. "Good" numbers would be $94.95 or $99.95 I've tried CEILING and some conditional IF's. Is there a better way? Try CEILING to multiples of 5, and then subtract 5 cents. Hope this helps. Pete On Sep 30, 2:22=A0p...

Lost ability to check names in Outlook 2002 when sending e-mail
After a few crashes, my Outlook 2002 (sp3) has lost the ability to automatically look up names from the address book when I type them in the "To:" bar. It gives me a dialog window saying it doesn't recognize "name" and offers me the option of creating a new address or "change to". If I click on Show More Names, it's blank, and "Show names from the:" is empty as well. Can someone help me fix this? Thanks! > After a few crashes, my Outlook 2002 (sp3) has lost the ability to > automatically look up names from the address book when ...

RE: Check out this correction pack from the MS Corp.
--cickpqchmdvtfhj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cedzctmimdg"; type="multipart/alternative" --cedzctmimdg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mdbkthqmzfndoggx" --mdbkthqmzfndoggx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from...

Payment Term with specific amount due
Question: I need to invoice in Sales Order Processing with a due date 50% the 1st of the current month, 50% the 1st of next month. How do I do this? Answer: Currently, there is not yet a setup in Great Plains to say that this amount is due by this date and this amount is due by this date. You can only setup a payment term (Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Payment Terms) saying when the payment is due by which is the date of 1 and this is only for the whole amount due. It would be best if there's a setup in Great Plains that will allow Customers to do this. ---------...

Print check from SOP return
Is it possible to print a check that has been entered on an SOP return? When I do an SOP return and payment simultaneously, Dynamics transfers the check information to bank rec and the inventory item is put back into inventory. But there is not an option I can see anywhere to print the check? Thanks in advance, Russ Worth Worth & Associates, CPA's Hi Russ, If you have the Payables Module make sure your Refund Checks are setup. Tools>>Setup>>Sales>>Refund Checks. Then you can do a Refund Check through Transactions>>Sales>>Refund Checks If you use ...

best way to track check to credit card
M05 Standard Acct #1 - Checking - Bank ABC - outgoing check to credit card for partial payment Acct #2 - Credit Card - Bank ABC (same bank) - incoming credit via check payment as stated above again, usual monthly check written to pay the credit card payment that is due what is the way to go, keep the checking account transaction as a withdrawal (check written) -better as a withdrawal to keep the original form inact? or convert it to a "transfer" so i can match it between accounts. -better as a transfer to match between accounts and gain clarity in the budgeting process (i haven&...

Create dynamic code by using Reflection
Hi! I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to create the code dynamically ? Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? It's much much easier to create the code in the normal way. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OZ4CzBO9KHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to > create the code dynamically ? > Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? > It's much much ea...

check boxes
Good day everyone How do I check a condition based on a check box field. For example if the field is checked something must happen please help Thanks -- donn Is this for Workflow or JScript? --MD "Donald" wrote: > Good day everyone > > How do I check a condition based on a check box field. > > For example if the field is checked something must happen > please help > > Thanks > -- > donn hopefull it will help you Search for "Getting notified when a user changes a checkbox value before leaving the field" in http://www.stunnware.c...

Spell Check Error Message
I have a user that gets the message "Error occurred while checking Spelling" when trying to spell check an email message. This is the only message she gets. Spell check works fine in Word. Thanks for your assistance. ...

Is there built-in max amount limit for credit card transaction ?
Hi, Is there preconfigured max. limit allowed for credit card ? if yes, how can I increase the limit from 99,999.00 to 9,999,999.00? Does anyone here encounter this authorization error while doing credit card transaction ? Fast Track: 1) I have tried to configured and set the maximum limit to 9,999,999.00 but it didn't work. I tried also doing z/zz report then do the credit trasaction but same error comes. 2) then I tried also setting it to 0 as to no limit but same error comes. Setup: I am running a RMS 1.3.0203 version. Does it have anything with the version I use? Than...

Yes/No Check Boxes
How do i insert the little boxes within a column that you can check, like checking off a list?? view>toolbars>forms/control toolbox then drag to where you want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Amy 'chelle" <Amy 'chelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FBF5855-23B6-46A0-B924-FDC17E3AFD57@microsoft.com... > How do i insert the little boxes within a column that you can check, like > checking off a list?? ...

Check
I am having trouble printing checks in Money (Basic). The payee's info and amt. is printed on the check but none of my info is on the check...acct #, name, address, or signature line. Please help ...

Check Layout #2
We have modified the Payables check format "Stub Top/Bottom - Graphical" for one of our companies in GP v. 9.0. Recently we created a new company and the users need to use the same form but change the layout slightly for the new company. Is this possible without overwriting the existing check layout? Thank you, -- Alan Jefferson, MCDBA Quantum Digital, Inc. It's not possible to use the same format that is actually different for the same users. You could have separate instances on the workstations with different report dictionaries. But, that could be troublesome. It wou...

Automatic name checking isn't
I use Office 2000. Since I upgraded to Windows XP pro, Outlook won't automatically check names. I have it set to do so in the preferences but always have to manually click the check names button. I searched Microsoft and Google but couldn't any help. Anyone have a suggestion? -- Randy Harris When you upgraded, it's possible that your contacts lost their setting as an Outlook Address Book. Right click each of your contact folders and click the Outlook Address Book tab and make sure the checkbox is checked. "Randy Harris" <randy@nospam.com> wrote in message...

making a new checkbox... that checks or unchecks
I added a checkbox, experimented with the properties. I can uncheck the box by changing the "Value" box to false or check the box by changing the "Value" box to true. I would like to just check or uncheck the box, but Excel will not do that. Am I in the correct mode or what? > Am I in the correct mode or what? Or what, most likely. My guess is it's a checkbox from the Control ToolBox and you're still in Design Mode. The first button on the CTB should be "Exit Design Mode" ; if it looks "pressed in" (it's a toggle) just click it. HT...

Check out this critical pack from the Microsoft
--tjksfzxnpmjkb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jwkhdihji"; type="multipart/alternative" --jwkhdihji Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="elfkyxltag" --elfkyxltag Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your ...

use of check box
I inserted a check box from the forms toolbar, and now there is a check box symbol, and next to it the words "check box 5." how do I get rid of the words? Hi! Right click on the checkbox and a menu of options will appear. eg: EDIT TEXT Biff >-----Original Message----- >I inserted a check box from the forms toolbar, and now there is a check box >symbol, and next to it the words "check box 5." how do I get rid of the >words? >. > ...

Bank Transfer with Check
We have to checkbooks (A and B) in our GP System. I want to make a Bank Transfer from one checkbook (from A to B) to another, plus i want to print a check to physicaly deposit the money to the checkbook (B). Do Anyone Have an idea on doing this transaction. Thanks, Carlos Juarbe Cut a cheque to yourself in one CB and Deposit it in the other. Carlos wrote: > We have to checkbooks (A and B) in our GP System. I want to make a Bank > Transfer from one checkbook (from A to B) to another, plus i want to print a > check to physicaly deposit the money to the checkbook (B). Do Anyo...

DPM hangs at consistency check after swapping protecting servers
Last week, we swapped one of the servers protected by DPM 2007SP2 on Windows Server2003. We kept the same server name, same Raid configuration and transfered all the data. Manually re-install DPM on the new server. Remove and recreate protection group on DPM server. Keeps getting "Inconsistent replica" and when rerun, the "consistency check" job stucks at 67mb. There is new volume created in the replica folder in DPM server. I manually moved all the files from old volume to the new volume folders. Rerun but still getting hung at "consistency check...

Macro to check data from excel list against access query and return value back to excel
(I posted this yesterday but am tryign to make it clearer) I have an excel list with "name" and "title" and there are many erros and mis-spellings. I havbe an acess quesry that has the correct names and titles and also some mis-spellings and foreign language spellings pointing to the correct english name and title. I would like to write a macro in excel to do a lookup of the excel value in the access quesry and find EITHER an exact match or close match and return the value of a specified field back into an excel column. Here is a hypothetic example: Access list: PK=Van G...

Get paid to surf Google!
It works! You're doing it anyway so why get paid to do it? More info here: http://netbux.org/?r=22872 Check it out! -- Also check out these links for other interesting money-making opportunities: http://www.surfjunky.com/?r=ecoflowercube http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?ecoflowercube ...

How to spell check an entire workbook?
I have a workbook that has over 100 worksheets. Rather than manually going through all of them, I would like to know if I can run spell check on the entire workbook? Jeff Select all the sheets (click the first sheet tab and while pressing shift key click the last sheet tab) and check the spelling. Toms -- SMILE ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4880 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=270710 ...

how to hide the check boxes of some items in CTreeCtrl?
Hi, I have a CTreeCtrl and set its property "Checkboxes" as true. Then all items have a checkbox to the left of them. I wonder if I can hide some of these checkboxes. For example, if I have two levels in my CTreeCtrl, I only want to show checkboxes for the 2nd level items. Is it possible? It seems that CTreeCtrl doesn't have such a member function to make it happen. Your help is much appreciated. JD "JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in news:OREmHoEaIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl: > Hi, > > I have a CTreeCtrl and set its property "Ch...

Payables Check Stub
GP v8, On the Payables check stub, Credit Memos print OK, but the vendor invoices they are applied against print zero in the Amount Paid column. It's not clear what credit amounts are being applied to these invoices. The Amount Paid column prints the Check Amount that is being applied, and ignores the Credit Amount being applied. The credit memos are being automatically applied. Would manually applying them make the check stub easier for the vendor to understand? Thanks, Dan L. ...

Check out the internet patch
--yekinanwgmzsrvfz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="oaygtipdusf"; type="multipart/alternative" --oaygtipdusf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ulcxqsspfgiw" --ulcxqsspfgiw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the ...