Advanced Earned Income Credit not posting to GL correctly.

We just did our first payrun with an EIC amount. It is set up to post to an
account 000-2050-00. In Gross Pay (DR) it is setup Dept - ALL, Position -
ALL, Code - EIC, Account - 000-2050-00.

The EIC amount did not post to 000-2050-00. (At this time I'm not sure where
it posted). Does anyone have any insight into this issue?
0
BobHarrison (192)

Found my answer. We have a posting setup that has Dept - Position - ALL which
takes precedence over ALL, ALL, Code. So I'll just have to setup all Dept -
Position combinations with EIC. (I wish EIC was not treated as a Pay Code.)

"Bob Harrison" wrote:

> We just did our first payrun with an EIC amount. It is set up to post to an
> account 000-2050-00. In Gross Pay (DR) it is setup Dept - ALL, Position -
> ALL, Code - EIC, Account - 000-2050-00.
>
> The EIC amount did not post to 000-2050-00. (At this time I'm not sure where
> it posted). Does anyone have any insight into this issue?
0
BobHarrison (192)

Check on correctness
I had a problem with CMyView->GetDocument() in release. Within the constructor of the dialog class, I assigned the attribute, m_pDoc to the document ASSERT(m_pDoc = pParent->GetDocument()); In release, my program would throw an exception because m_pDoc was NULL. I trawled through google, to see this is a common error (also reading that I should call GetDocument every time rather than assigning to an attribute). However, if I assign m_pDoc within the dialog's initialisation list the attribute is assigned correctly. CExternalEffectorDlg::CExternalEffectorDlg(CState_SdiView* pPare...

Advance Find Order Product
Using Advance Find, is there a way to search Orders that have both Order Product A AND Order Product B? I can easily find Orders that have either Order Product A or Order Product B, but can't seem to make it look for both. Thank you, Adam Three Day Bump. Hi, Don't have CRM in front of me, but try this: Create advanced find with 2 lines using the same field. Select both lines, group as 'AND'. Should work. Good luck, Bertil "AdamEdmonds" wrote: > Three Day Bump. Ok. I tried that and got no results back even though I saw at least two that fit my query. ...

Bug in Advanced filter
I think I have discovered a bug in the way Advanced Filter filters out duplicates. When I perform this function and have the results pasted to another location (or new worksheet) if the first 2 rows are duplicate they are treated as not being duplicate. That is, it lists the first 2 rows in the target location even though they are duplicate. It seems to work fine for other rows. It is not a bug. Excel treats the top value as a Title/list header unless you tell it not to. So.......you get Cat as Title and Cat as first unique in the list below. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ...

Can I do a 365 day flip book post-card size in Publisher 2007?
I want to do a message-a-day flip book using the post-card format in Publisher. Can I in the same file add one day after the next? I suppose it would be best to select the printing for it to print the first half of the year, then flip the stock and have the other half of the year so the flip book could just be turned around half way through. Will this work? How do add multiple cards in the same file? Thanks- To add a card or cards select Insert Page or pages. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "CreativeCat" <CreativeCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

SOP Returns: how to void correct?
I'm looking for step-by-step instructions on how to void a Sales return document in GP correctly please. I'm currently using GPv8 (but this shouldn't matter). I've create and posted a sales return document in SOP. Now, I discover its incorrectly so I want to void the document. I dont want to apply the document against any other SOP documents - I just want to get rid of it. How do I go about this correctly so that the SOP document in Inquiry (Inquiry > Sales > Sales documents) is updated to be a voided document? In which table does this updated informatio...

How do I disable the advanced printing features permanently?
Everytime I print an document, the information comes out backwards (mirror image) of what I entered. I've tried disabling the Advanced Printing Features but it always defaults to mirror image. I can't see how that would be an Excel issue. I would think a printer issue. From where do you access the Advanced Printing Features? On my HP Photosmart printer I access through Printer Properties. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:48:04 -0800, Dolores <Dolores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Everytime I print an document, the information co...

incoming mail #2
when I receive mail some of my messages go to my deleted items folder. Can someone help me with this Sounds like you have a rule running. Maybe a junk list filter? >-----Original Message----- >when I receive mail some of my messages go to my deleted >items folder. Can someone help me with this >. > ...

correct formulation of expression in control source
How can I combine 2 expressions that use the DCount function? For example, in control source, =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1]=True") will give me a value Y which I need to add to another value obtained by =DCount("[Field1]",qryZ","[Field1]=True"). I have tried various bits such as =DCount("[Field1]","qryX" And "qryZ","[Field1]=True") but that does not work. Can anyone help? Regards Have you tried =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1]=True") + DCount("[Field1...

Advanced Filter Case Sensitive
Hi, Is there any way to make an advanced filter case sensitive? For example, I want to type DOG in the criteria range and run the filter and only pull records that are DOG, not dog. Thanks very much. In the criteria area, leave the heading cell blank In the cell below, enter a formula that refers to the first row of data. For example: =EXACT(D2,"DOG") Joseph S Johnson wrote: > Hi, Is there any way to make an advanced filter case > sensitive? For example, I want to type DOG in the criteria > range and run the filter and only pull records that are > DOG, not dog. ...

Reprint year end closing journal for GL
We had a printing problem when I did our system year end so nono of the posting journals printed. I could reprint the BBF journal but I can not find the the journal that clears out the P&L accounts to the retained earnings. Is there a way to reprint this? Thanks -- Pieter ...

problem posting questions
test any problems posting to this list today? i have tried twice and it is not working. thanks. Mike Better use a Newsreader like OE. Read this from Dave Peterson '*************************************************** You may want to connect to the MS newsgroups directly. Chip Pearson has some notes written by Leonard Meads at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm David McRitchie's notes at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6.htm Tushar Mehta's notes at: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tutorials/oe_ng/index.ht...

customer on hold should get warning on recurring batch posting
If a customer is put on hold after a transaction for it is saved in a recurring batch, the system will still let the user post the batch without any warning. Please include the GP functionality to get a message prompt or warning that the user is posting a batch that includes transaction(s) for batch recurring. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

system.net.webclient post timeout
I am Java programmer who is forced to do something in .NET for the first and, also, the last time in my life. I have console application in vb.net which is retrieving data from Tomcat web server using GET method, and uploading some other data using POST method. I am using system.net.webclient and it works fine. When I try to add basic authentication, GET still works fine, but POST takes very long to complete. I have checked Tomcat logs, and request is served swiftly, as normal, but vb.net application does not seem to be aware of that, as if it is waiting for some kind of acknowledg...

OWA (Exchange 2003) Japanese characters not displayed correctly
I am currently running W2K3 with E2K3sp1. I have several Japanese officers in the company that use the Japanese OS and when they are using OWA to check e-mails the japanese characters in the body of the message do not display correctly. When you view the html code the characters are correct. Any ideas? Tom ...

V10
Hi, I have a customer on V10 who is trying to do a correcting journal in financials. The original journal has MDA. However the correcting journal is not populating the MDA and gives an error message 'There are errors in the analysis for this transaction. Do you want to save it with the errors?' You are not able to amend the journal to post the MDA - so the transaction cannot be posted. They are trying to do the correcting journal in the test company - the original transaction was posted in the live company and the test company then updated. Is there a table t...

SUMIF when YEAR is correct
Hello folks, I have the following table: A B C D E 1 Jan 01 Feb 01 Jan 02 Feb 02 2 Costs 50E 50E 60E 60E 3 Cashflows 100E 20E 100E And I want to do the following: The values in the row 2 should be calculated automatically. - Excel should look in row 1 and read the YEARS. - Then excel should go in row 3 and SUM all values of the same YEAR, e.g. of year 02 (which would be 120E) -Then excel should devide this SUM in equal parts and spread it over the cell...

User tried posting checks to closed period.
I have a user who tried to post payables checks to a closed period. They didn't tell me about it until after they had clicked through the error. The batch is showing a status of remittance processing. It doesn't show up under post checks or print checks but it does show up under edit checks. Nothing shows up under batch recovery. Is there a way to force the transactions on through? They have already mailed the checks so we don't have the option of voiding them somehow and redoing them. Robert Fann Sorry. I luckily found the batch under process remittance and ...

Inventory Posting Error
One of my clients is getting the message "Error Formatting Composite" while trying to post an inventory transaction. Does anyone know what can cause this? Thanks. -- Warner Alexander ...

Advanced filtering #4
I have built a relativel simple spreadsheet that includes an advance filtering function. The Criteria range evaluates from a formula; specifically, it allow the user to choose from a list of acceptable values (i.e.- a drop-dw list), and the result is placed in a criteria field. The Database Range is a list of 152 rows that get evaluated an filtered. The problem I am having is that when I add additional row to the Database Range, they do not get included in the filtere results. I have no idea what is going on here, and I need help. I have been careful to redefine the Database Range t...

incoming mail
Hello frineds, the incoming mail does not get to my inbox until I try to open an existing email, strange problem. I am running Outlook XP sp2 with Exchange 5.5 sp4 in back. Does anybody know the reason for this behavior? Thanks. Good afternoon, If you mean you are not notified about new mail messages until you do something in Outlook, this is normal if the "new mail" notifications are not reaching your client from the server. This notification is sent via a UDP packet to the client, and is highly susceptible to being intercepted and dropped, especially when using MAPI via t...

Incoming mail with attachment
how do I eliminate previews of attachments when I first open the mail? mposble <mposble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I eliminate previews of attachments when I first open the mail? Outlook doesn't show attachments in the Reading Pane. Please describe what you mean. Include your version of Outlook and account type in the description. -- Brian Tillman ...

Move incoming mail to another mailbox
Hi all! One of our employees is leaving the organisation. It is possible that we will be recieving mail on his address so we want to move all mail on former.employee@our.company to another mailbox. I would of course like to this on the server but I can't find any goodies about this in the system manager. Would also like to create an auto-reply on this email address stating that the employee no longer work for us. Thanks in advance. Regards - Jonas Sackerud Two choices as I see it: 1. Keep the mailbox and simply grant another user access to the mailbox so that new mail can be ch...

budget & home equity line of credit
I want to include my home equity line of credit payment in my budget. It seems Money treats home equity loans like a credit card account. When I add the loan payment as a recrring bill, it is itemized as loan interest and a credit card payment. When I set up the budget, the credit card payment (home equity line of credit payment) isn't included in the debt group, just the interest payment. I want it to look like my home loan - a transfer in the debt group that matches my loan payment. You could set it up as a mortgage with whatever balance and rate you currently have on the HELOC...

Emails to a Public Folder shows as Posts
I have a public folder which is email enabled. Howevere all emails do not display as Email message type but a Post message type. Any idea how to fix this? Regards Chris "Chris Kudla" <chris@orbitsa.co.za> wrote: >I have a public folder which is email enabled. Howevere >all emails do not display as Email message type but a Post >message type. Any idea how to fix this? > >Regards > >Chris See: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/post_or_note.htm for description and links to resolve, Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch...

FW: See the corrective package from the Microsoft Corporation
--gbxwysiiyhd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lnwtvalkezeyxr"; type="multipart/alternative" --lnwtvalkezeyxr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hfpfcronrj" --hfpfcronrj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain t...