Adding price levels through Integration Manager

I am trying to add a price level to a group of parts using Integration
Manager.

In my integration, my source is a CSV file with item number, price
level, percent, price, and U of M.  The price level already exists in
the inventory price level setup.

The destination I'm using is Inventory Item in the Great Plains
folder.

Item number, price level, U of M, percent, and price are mapped to
columns in my CSV file.  I checked the properties of the integration
to make sure it is "Insert and Update", and then run it.

It tells me that all of the items in my CSV file were successfully
integrated, but when I look at the price list for one of the items,
there have not been any changes.

Then I tried the same integration using the Inventory Item destination
in the GP SQL Optimized folder, but that is Insert only and it failed
since the parts all exist already.

What am I doing wrong here?  And in the Inventory Item destination in
the GP folder, why is there not a field for ending quantity like there
is in the sql optimized destination?

Any assistance is appreciated.  I'm running GP9 SP3 and IM 9 SP3.

Thanks.

-Joe
0
joe8716 (92)

What pricing method are you using?
0
leslievail1 (120)
1/23/2008 6:38:45 AM
Leslie-

Never mind.  I figured it out and used the Price List Wizard to add
the price level I needed to my inventory items.

Thanks.

-Joe

On Jan 23, 12:38=A0am, Leslie Vail <lesliev...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> What pricing method are you using?

0
joe8716 (92)

Adding Barcode at time of sale??
We create our manufacturer pre-barcoded items using a dummy item number which we then replace by wanding the item with the Operations Manager item window open and the dummy # highlighted. If we forget to do that in advance, POS will not recognize the barcode when we sell the item so we have to do an item lookup to find it. Taking time to go into Manager at that point is alittle awkward with the customer waiting. Is there a way to replace the dummy item number in POS, during the sale?? -- WineGuy The Item Properties window in POS is essentially identical to the one in manager. Once yo...

adding an horizontal scrollbar to columns
Hi, I've got a simple excel spreasheet with 10 columns. I'd like to be able to add a scrollbar from the third one to the eighth one so that when I move the scrollbar, columns that do not belong to this group will not move. It's pretty hard to explain, hope this was clear enough. Can someone helps ? Thx If you use Windows > Freeze Panes with your cursor in cell C3 then you can stop columns A and B from moving off the screen when the user scrolls right. I am not sure how you would freeze the ninth and tenth columns though. Hope this helps Rowan "Sam" wrote: > ...

CArchive and memory management problem
I am serializing a number of objects using CArchive. While the archive is open, one group of objects is created off the heap, serialized and then deleted. Later, a second group of objects does the same. When conditions are right, the first object of the second group will get the same memory location off the heap as one of the objects from the first group. When this happens, CArchive thinks it's trying to archive an object it already has. It doesn't write the new object, but writes an offset to the object it thinks it has already (from the first group). When reading the arc...

MSN Portfolio manager #3
Has anyone had trouble having the "upgraded" MSN portfolio manager appear when they click on the portfolio manager link on moneycenteral.com ?? For the past several days I cannot make the portfolio appear. You might find information in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/176841/en-us. Frank "YachtCaptain" <YachtCaptain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E280AC4-6DF8-4004-859F-D04C4BF9EB17@microsoft.com... > Has anyone had trouble having the "upgraded" MSN portfolio manager appear > when they click on the portfolio manager link on money...

New field in Workflow manager
Hi! I have added new schema field in Deployment Manager. I can see it also in CRM application and add this field in form, but I can not work with this field in Workflow manager. Can You help me someone with this problem? Thanks. Dusan Hrusovsky. Did you restart the workflow service? if not, try that and restart the wf manager. That should help. Regards, shashi. "Dusan Hrusovsky" wrote: > Hi! > > I have added new schema field in Deployment Manager. I can see it also in > CRM application and add this field in form, but I can not work with this > field in Work...

EFT For Receivables Management GP V. 8.0
Hi, Does anyone know if GP v 8.0 has an option for extracting an EFT for cash receipts? Our clients want to pay directly from their bank account every month but our bank only accepts EFT file types. thanks, ...

Adding the contents of cells from other workbooks
Dear All I am trying to develop a tour sheet which has values in given cells. I have created a master tour sheet in another workbook so that when you input numbers on the original worksheet they transfer overto the master workbook. I want to be able to transfer data to the master workbook from multiple, separate worksheets/books (other people will have copies of the worksheet and fil it in.) This is where i am struggling is how can i get the data to add when other sheets are filed in as at the moment it just replaces the original data in the master copy instead of adding to it. Hope i have e...

Adding column data based on match in 2nd column
Hi, Simple problem, but got me stumped. The setup: I have 2 columns. The first (column A starting in row 10) has members' names. The second (column B starting in row 10) has the additions made by the members over time. Column B has a 'header' cell that adds up the values entered by a particular member. The header cell for column B is B9. Cell A1 contains the member's name that cell B9 has to add the values for. I need a formula for Cell B9. For example: [Cell A1] Member A [Row 9] Formula needed for cell B9 COLUMN A_______|| COLUMN B____ [Row 10] Member...

Mailbox Manager #3
I seem to be having a problem with the Mailbox Manager within Exchange 2003. I have a recipient policy set up to report inbox and sent items past 90-days with no size limit. Right now I just have it set up to send report. When I recieve the report it looks like none of the inbox or sent items is going to be touched. Anyone have any hints on this, am I setting it up right? Thanks, KJK ...

html mail in crm 3.0 workflow manager
In CRM 1.2 it possible to create nice mail templates with html code simple in frontpage with the usage of field values. Does anybody have a idea how to build html mail templates with flied values, so that i can copy the html in the workflow "create mail" like in crm 1.2??? when i use the same field values like in the workflow manager in my html code, the field ist not displayed in the html mail. Give this a try. </pre> Your html code .... <pre> ...

CD-RW DRIVE/CD Drive Not showing up under device manager.
Hola, I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess. I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any cd in it just comes back err. canno...

Electronic Price List
Hi, I am trying to create a template so people can create an electronic price list. I want to put restrictions on cells so that only valid values can be entered in certain columns, for example: Price - Must be greater than Zero Category Code - Must contain a numeric value Unit of Measure - Must match a valid list Plus many others... I would like to set up a worksheet so that users can cut and paste their data in, but if the value is incorrect it highlights it in a different color. I have tried setting up "validation" but if I cut and paste it will not highlight the cell and wo...

How to fetch FIFO Cost Price?
Hi, In Sales Transaction Entry, I want to fetch the item's FIFO cost per unit to be placed in Price per unit. This is required to avoid any profit and loss and the cost should be equal to sales. Can any body help me out in this requirement. Thanks and Regards, On Mar 22, 11:56=A0pm, Waliullah <Waliul...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In Sales Transaction Entry, I want to fetch the item's FIFO cost per unit= to > be placed in Price per unit. This is required to avoid any profit and los= s > and the cost should be equal to sales. ...

Adding an apostrophe to a column of numbers
Hello, I need to add an apostrophe to each cell in a long column of numbers. I do not want to format them as text or format them as custom - our system requires the apostrophe at the beginning of the cell. My question is - is there a way to format one cell with the apostrophe and then copy that apostrophe down to the other cells?? or can someone write me something that will allow me to do it quickly? I want to avoid having to go into each cell and put the apostrophe in! Thank you in advance.... One way. Change 9 to your column Sub addapostophe() mc = 9 'column I For i = ...

Integration Manger version 8 (fixpack 4) performance
I recently upgraded a version 7 Great Plains installation to version 8, including the Integration Manager. One of the sales order transaction integrations used to take about 45 minutes for 800 transactions under version 7 using the SQL Optimized adaptor. Now it takes five hours! I tried using both the version 7 and version 8 SQL Optimized adaptors, which are provided with Integration Manager version 8. Both were equally slow. Is there something different about the version 8 Integration Manager that should make it run so much slower? Is anyone aware of any tips and/or tricks to glean so...

integration manager 10.0-SQL Data Source
We are trying to run an integration by using a link to the GP tables. One of our data sources is using the SQL Server as the data source. We can query the data source and return all rows in the integration. However, when we run the integration we receive the error: An error handler was not found for: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. We are on the latest service pack too. Are you using any field script or event script in IM? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogst...

OL2K assistance changing level 1 attachments
I am running Office 2000 Standard (no Access). Consequently, Outlook considers .mdb attacments to be a level 1 attachment and blocks them. The following article was helpful if I wanted to add additional extensions (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837388/EN-US/) but I'm trying to do the opposite and allow .mdb files in. Might someone be able to tell me the place in the registry to do so? Many thanks. Use the Level1Remove registry value. See = http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 htt...

Scheduled Tasks: Remote Management
Hi With the Core Configuratior 2 I can enabe remote management for scheduled tasks. Managing scheduled tasks remotely does not show me the content of my core-server as I choose an action with the action dialog. It shows me the content of my managing PC. In fact I need to be able to choose a program of my core server to start at the specific time. Thanks for your help. Patrick ...

Integration Manager 9.0
We recently upgraded to version 9. Everything seemed fine, but yesterday IM simply stopped working. WHen I try to run an integration CPU Usage goes to 95-100%. The integration just hangs. You can not even End Task with Task Manager. I tried on two other machines ... same results. My understanding is that there are major bugs in version 9.0 and MS has not been very open or honest about this. In any event, I simply need to get this problem resolved. Any help is greatly appreciated. How far did you upgrade? Ver 9 or V9 with SP1? Also, what kind of integration is hanging? SOP ...

Missing Workflow Manager Templates
Hello, I am attempting to use Workflow Manager to setup some basic workflow scenarios. I would like to start by using the basic "templates" as described in the documentation but they are not listed when I access workflow manager. Can anyone tell me how to recover/restore the files? Thanks in advance, Miles On your Server CD (PFiles\MSCRM\Tools) there is a template for the Solution Selling sales process. Stephen "Miles Standish" <pummeline00@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:baef01c4892d$17e84c50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I am attempting to u...

External E-mail to POP3 Connector Manager to CRM
Hi! I'm currently hosting my E-mail using Qmail in a linux machine. As I understand that the only way for E-mails to get into CRM is by using Exchange Server. So, my integration setup is as follows... (Please advice if I am wrong) Qmail Linux (POP3 Server) -> Exchange POP3 Connector Manager -> Exchange Mail Box -> Exchange Router -> MSCRM. Things that are working correctly - MSCRM is able to send out E-mail via Exchange Router. - Able to receive external E-mails at Qmail Linux (POP3 Server) - Exchange POP3 Connector Manager is able to receive E-mails from Qmail Linux (P...

Integration with Encumbrance Management
Would like to be able to pre-encumber requisitions from requisition management and check against the budget BEFORE going to a PO status. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Quickbooks Purchase Order Integration
How is this working for everyone? When RMS posts the purchase orders over to Quickbooks, does it include the PO# as a reference so they can pay against it? Any tricks to making this work smoothly? ...

Field Level Security not on Menu
I tried to locate the "Field Level Security" option, but it is not on the menu, Tools>Set Up> System, even with the sa log in. Is it a separate module that need to be purchased? We are using the Advanced Security. Our server spec is GP9.0, SQL Server 2005, Win 2003. kka, yes, Field Level Security is an exra-cost option. Frank Hamelly, MCP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL KKA, Your Dynamics.set File must have a Dictionary 3104 Advanced Security as one of the product. Uou must have licesence keys to use it. as Frank Said. Note: License keys for Advance and Field Leve...

Field-level Help Files
Has anyone implement this with their dexterity third-party applications? The Winhelp Functional Library mentions a field-level help capability but it seems that even GP does not implement this feature. I'm currently using version 8.0. Thanks. ...