Adding Palettes to V8.0

Hi,

What is equivalent to Setup > Company > Palettes in V8.0. I have a 3rd Party
application (cnk) and I need to access it's forms and reports

Thanks
0
sanapa (1)

There are some third party developers who have added some Palette
functionality back to v8.0.  However, this is not what you need.

You need to look at the Great Plains Integration Guide that is provided with
Dexterity and add into your chunk the commands and menus required for the
navigation model used in v8.0 of Great Plains onwards.

The other choice is to use Shortcuts, but this would need to be set up for
Multiple users and/or classes.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"sanapa" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is equivalent to Setup > Company > Palettes in V8.0. I have a 3rd Party
> application (cnk) and I need to access it's forms and reports
>
> Thanks
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Corresponding Sql tables for Great Plains 8.0
Currently working a project that needs us to learn which tables great plains uses in sql. For example the accounts payables numbers should be in what sql table. Thanks for helping out a newbie There are a few ways to get this info. First, Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables lists all the tables. You can get this info also from a free tool called SnapShot from www.winthropdc.com IT was developed by David Musgrave, who is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable people in the GP world. He is now a MS employee - developer support for Australia/Asia/Pacific region. You cal also ...

adding a new field in an activity
i currently have a field in all activities that says Commitment to Quality Service and then theres a check box for Yes or No. I'm wondering how you would go about implementing a similar field in all activities? Thanks Hi Wolverine, If you want to add a new field in all activity types than you need to add new field in each activity type. If you are expecting that you will add a single field in the entity "Activity" than that is not correct. You cannot add new field in Activity entity. You have to add field in each activity type like phone, email, task, etc. You may cont...

4.0 vpc expires
When the new vpc image of crm 4.0 will be ready to download, any idea? The current version is expired a few days ago. On Jun 16, 4:57=A0pm, crmguy <crm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When the new vpc image of crm 4.0 will be ready to download, any idea? Th= e > current version is expired a few days ago. https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/deployment/methodology/vpc/MSD_CRM4= VPCApril09 Can you check this lik regards Rakesh Agarwal Thank you. "rakesh" wrote: > On Jun 16, 4:57 pm, crmguy <crm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > When t...

Stock Count. Adding to a pile
Greetings, I'm trying to organize my companies stock a little bit mor effectively. Now I'm a rank amateur when it comes to excel. I'm trying to get a cell that when i type a number into it it'll add t the pile. Lets say I have 200 books. I type 50 in this one cell an the pile is now 250. I click that 50 and delete it.. put in 50 more. Then I have 300 now. I also need this for subtraction. Thanks for the help -- tipsyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces Take a look at this: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html Biff "tipsy" <...

Ac97 and SQL 7.0
We use Ac97 and SQL 7, can I use AccessXXXX ???? to access the same database? Thanks If you mean 'are later versions of Access still compatible with SQL Server 7?', the answer is 'yes'. -- Brendan Reynolds "BrianMultiLanguage" <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65D7B619-E2BC-4789-A6B0-75A71EC05691@microsoft.com... > We use Ac97 and SQL 7, can I use AccessXXXX ???? to access the same > database? > Thanks No I mean, Can I use AccessXXXX ???? to access the same database? "Brendan Reynolds" wrote: &g...

Cell Format: #,##0_);[Red](#,##0)
When I send a spreadsheet with the basic cell format #,##0_);[Red](#,##0)on e-mail to a colleague the cell format defaults back to #,##0_);[Red]-#,##0 when my coleague opens the file - how do I stop this happenning to keep my #,##0_);[Red](#,##0) formatting? you windows/regional settings are not the same as your colleague. change these of your colleague with yours. >-----Original Message----- >When I send a spreadsheet with the basic cell format >#,##0_);[Red](#,##0)on e-mail to a colleague the cell >format defaults back to #,##0_);[Red]-#,##0 when my >coleague opens ...

adding a user to crm creates an error
Mananger I get the following error: User 1 (Username) failed: Access is denied 80070005 - SOAP Server Application Faulted. When I add a user through the website http://crm/ with debugging turned on, i get the following error: You do not have sufficient permissions or access rights to perform this operation. I'm using a Sys. Admin account. Any suggestions? Michael Figured out the problem: In the Services mmc, make sure the MS CRM Security Service is Logged On As the sys admin account defined in MS CRM. Michael ...

Field Views That Are Missing When New Folder Is Added
Everytime I add a new folder in Outlook, it is missing standard fields like, "FROM, SUBJECT, and RECEIVED." I can change the Current View and add these "missing" items each time I create a new folder, but that is really a pain. I currently have over 200 folders and growing. I have to keep documentation in my job and need to resolve this issue. Any ideas? ...

2.0 release
I'm currently using 1.2 in my test environment, but there are so many security issues....I was wondering if these security issues will be resolved in 2.0 and if there is a release date for 2.0???? Thanks, Jen Hello Jen Version 2.0 will not appear until next year. I am expecting security to have a lot more features but of course until the product is announced officially its anyones guess which features will make it into the final build. Tell us more about your issues around security so we can offer some assistance. "jen" <jselmeyer@racoindustries.com> wrote in messag...

Hide Zero and Date adding
Hi, I have two questions both of which you have probably seen 1000 tim but here goes 1. I have a statistical worksheet that will have data added during th year as it comes available, I want to set it up so all total formula etc are in place but I dont want it to count or display all the zero for the rest of the year. Is there a way to not count all the zero (hence thinking that week has happened) until you enter the data fo the whole worksheet. 2. is it possible for excell to work out the amount of days betwee two date fields i.e. field 1 =(2 July 2004) field 2 (20 july 2004) = 1 days. I ...

Adding Outlook signature to email created by macro
I have a macro in Excel 2003 that creates an email. How do I add the default Outlook signature to this email through the macro? Thanks John This should help http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/signature.htm -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "JohnG" wrote: > I have a macro in Excel 2003 that creates an email. > > How do I add the default Outlook signature to this email through the macro? > > Thanks > > John Thanks Barb, I'll take a look at that John "Barb Reinhardt" wrote: > This should help > > h...

GP 9.0 routine maintenance
I am looking to find out if anyone can give me a list or a link outlining any routine maitenance that I should be performing for GP 9.0 running SQL 2005. I have backups of user and system databases, but that is all that I am doing. Thanks, Joe Joe, This KB article should help: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;866439 -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C11FDF13-74...

#DIV/0! Is there a way to show 0 or 0%
I have formulaes that sometime return #DIV/0! Is there a way that I can return a value 0 or 0% instead of the error? Hi Mick, Try =IF(ISERROR(+A1/A2),0,+A1/A2) "MickJJ" wrote: > I have formulaes that sometime return #DIV/0! Is there a way that I can > return a value 0 or 0% instead of the error? Hi try something like =IF(N(A1)=0,0,B1/A1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany MickJJ wrote: > I have formulaes that sometime return #DIV/0! Is there a way that I > can return a value 0 or 0% instead of the error? There's no need for the plus signs in your ...

Money 2005
I am using Money 2005 Small Biz (M2005). 1) In previous editions of Money, whenever I entered a transaction, I would get a prompt asking me whether I want to add in the Payee to the list. But in now in M2005, the payees are added automatically when I post transactions. How do I configure so that I will get prompted to add payees? 2) Previously, whenever I posted a transaction, a new blank transaction would be made ready for me. But now in M2005, this doesn't happen. How do I configure so that a new transaction would open for me upon posting a previous transaction? Thank you and r...

Deleted AD object causing Event ID 9325
I have an issue with the OAL Generator and a reoccurring Event ID 9325. We are running Exchange 2003, which was migrated from Exchange 5.5. As part of the migration we restructured the e-mail distribution groups in Exchange. We did this for quite a few of our dist groups, but one particular group keeps causing an Event ID 9325 error. Every time the OAL Generator runs we get the ID 9325 for an object named ‘** Network Administrators”. This group existed under the old Exchange 5.5 Distribution list setup, and a group was created in AD during the migration by the SRS, but was deleted ...

Creating pop3 mailboxes for non-AD users
Is it possible to setup POP3 e-mail accounts in Exchange 2003 without creating a user in AD first? We have some non-employees that we give e-mail accounts to and need to know if we can do that in Exchange 2003. We don't want them to exist in Ad, nor do we want them to be impacted by the account policies set in there. We understand that it might be possible to setup users in a different OU and have separate GPO assigned to it, but that requires having to have these users in AD in the first place. On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:43:30 -0800, "Parhez Sattar" <Parhez Sattar@discu...

Want to enable "Direct E-mail via Mail Merge" in MS CRM 3.0
When i push the Direct E-mail via Mail Merge : YES-option in the MS CRM 3.0 system it just goes back to "No" when i refresh!? Rolles and so and are fixed and ready! Is there any other way to change it to "enabled"? Regedit? a config file? ...

transpose without 0's and blanks
Hi guys, I have data in row with certain cells blank and certain cells have 0 value. I want to transpose row into column but only want non-blank and non zero cells. Like if data is: 1 blank 2 0 3 it should become 1 2 3 Any suggestions please. Would be grateful Thanks ali Didn't any of the suggestions at your other posts work? ali wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have data in row with certain cells blank and certain cells have 0 > value. I want to transpose row into column but only want non-blank and > non zero cells. Like if data is: > > 1 blank 2 0 3 > &g...

Report windows not functional in module checklists V9.0
I have been at several client sites where they were not able to access report windows when using the module checklist feature. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?...

RMS Version 2.0
Since upgrading to RMS 2.0 and all service packs and Hot fixes I con no longer print from the Journal viewer in Store Operations Manager.Has something changed or is there a new bug to contend with? Paul H Eastern National POS Tech paulh@easternnational.org Check the default printer on the computer. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc. www.diviasoft.com "Paul Houston / Eastern National" <PaulHoustonEasternNational@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82C74FD6-D366-42A9-BFA7-C4FCA05CAC01@microsoft.com... > Since upgrading to RMS 2.0 and all service packs and Hot fixes I co...

UK availability for 2.0 upgrade
I'm in the UK and am still waiting for my 2.0 upgrade pack. Have any existing users received their upgrade media, or only new users? Thanks. -- Micky S, London Micky, we are resellers in the UK and have a number of customers still waiting their upgrades. I was told that they were being despatched over a week ago so if you dont get anything soon, i would contact your reseller and get them to find out where it is. "Micky S" wrote: > I'm in the UK and am still waiting for my 2.0 upgrade pack. Have any > existing users received their upgrade media, or only ne...

Macro to check if current cell value is 1 and previous cell was 0
Hi. I have a range of cells (C42:M42) where the user can enter values of 0,1,or 2 only (set up via data validation). I need help with a code to do the following: if the worksheet user enters a value or changes the value in a cell in the above range (C42:M42), then excel would automatically check ( via a macro?) the value entered and compare this value to the value present in the previous cell on the same row. If the value entered is 1 or 2, and the value in the previous cell was 0, then it would give a msgbox alert. Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much. Hi, ...

Modify Created On date and Created By fields in 3.0
Hi There! I will soon be importing some paper based legacy data into crm. I will be doing this by creating new records and inputting the data. They will be in the form of leads and opportunities. My problem is that I use several reports that use the “Created On” date to track leads and opportunities. The legacy leads will not be representative of the actual created on date and will skew my reports. I am hoping to find some way to modify the “created on” date in order to make the lead accurate insofar as when it was actually received by the company. Does anyone know any way to mod...

eMail gets stuck in Exchange queue when being sent from CRM 3.0
I am having trouble sending eMails from CRM 3 on an SBS 2003 R2 installation. When I send a message from CRM it gets stuck in the exchange queue - I cannot force it to be delivered. To remove it I have to delete it. The routing info looks OK when I check it. Any help greatly apprieciated. Does every email get stuck, or just a few? "Steward" wrote: > I am having trouble sending eMails from CRM 3 on an SBS 2003 R2 installation. > > When I send a message from CRM it gets stuck in the exchange queue - I > cannot force it to be delivered. To remove it I have to delet...

Can anyone tell me what are the mobiles or PDA support Ms crm 3.0 ?
Hi, Can anyone tell me what are the mobiles or PDA support Ms crm 3.0 ? Thanks Krishna No information yet ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "kittu" <abburi.krishna@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135318831.868524.270430@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone tell me what are the mobiles or PDA support Ms crm 3.0 ? > > Thanks > Krishna > ...