adding comment lines to SOP Invoice

I am trying to find a way to add about 6-10 lines of comments to the
SOP Invoice.  I have tried the Comment ID detail but can't seem to find
a way to get more than four lines to print.  I tried using report
writer to stretch out the fields but no luck.  Any suggestions?

0
neal4370 (19)

JO,
Try adding Comment Text from the Sales User-defined Work/History table.
HS

"JO" <jo'neal@naumes.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to find a way to add about 6-10 lines of comments to the
> SOP Invoice.  I have tried the Comment ID detail but can't seem to find
> a way to get more than four lines to print.  I tried using report
> writer to stretch out the fields but no luck.  Any suggestions?

0
HSalim (1270)
1/17/2005 9:14:38 PM
I have a customer that needed comments. We created a Crystal report that
handled the printing because Crystal does it so much better with automatic
growing and shrinking of the text box.

"HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
> JO,
> Try adding Comment Text from the Sales User-defined Work/History table.
> HS
>
> "JO" <jo'neal@naumes.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to find a way to add about 6-10 lines of comments to the
>> SOP Invoice.  I have tried the Comment ID detail but can't seem to find
>> a way to get more than four lines to print.  I tried using report
>> writer to stretch out the fields but no luck.  Any suggestions?

0
callen1071 (408)
1/17/2005 9:48:22 PM
I tried adding Comment Text but get an error when I try to print
undefinedsymbol'accum_virtF00749D02740commentTex_LST_0'

HSalim[MVP] wrote:
> JO,
> Try adding Comment Text from the Sales User-defined Work/History
table.
> HS
>
> "JO" <jo'neal@naumes.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to find a way to add about 6-10 lines of comments to the
> > SOP Invoice.  I have tried the Comment ID detail but can't seem to
find
> > a way to get more than four lines to print.  I tried using report
> > writer to stretch out the fields but no luck.  Any suggestions?

0
neal4370 (19)
1/17/2005 10:19:33 PM
jo,

See KB  articles 862263 and 850383
try changing the field type to data.

>I tried adding Comment Text but get an error when I try to print
> undefinedsymbol'accum_virtF00749D02740commentTex_LST_0'
>
> HSalim[MVP] wrote:
>> JO,
>> Try adding Comment Text from the Sales User-defined Work/History
> table.
>> HS
>>
>> "JO" <jo'neal@naumes.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to find a way to add about 6-10 lines of comments to the
>> > SOP Invoice.  I have tried the Comment ID detail but can't seem to
> find
>> > a way to get more than four lines to print.  I tried using report
>> > writer to stretch out the fields but no luck.  Any suggestions?

0
HSalim (1270)

Adding contacts from email
I'm having a dense moment. I'm Running Outlook 2k on Windoze XP. I'm trying to add a contact from received emails. I've done it before but I can't seem to suss it out now. the help file says: 1.. Open the e-mail message that contains the name you want to add to your contact list. 2.. In the From field, right-click the name you want to make into a contact, and then click Add to Contacts on the shortcut menu. When I try this the only right click menu I get is: cut copy paste clear ______ select all What am I doing wrong? Cheers Mark It sounds to me as if you ar...

Carriage Return/Line Feed Problem
Hi guys, I wrote some code that gets the HTML from a Web page and stores it in a buffer, then I display the buffer in a big multiline CEdit box. The problem is that on many pages I don't get new lines, I just get a thick solid verticle line kinda like this: || where it should return. Also, if I view the pages (view source) in Notepad they look fine. Most pages do that, but interestingly Microsoft pages do the proper new line and look great in my edit box. Maybe I have to replace all the \r with \r\n or something like that ? Does a \r\n still only take up 1 char ? I download the page in...

Add a horizontal line to a graph but not to the legend
I want to be able to add horizontal lines to my chart, in this case at 4% and 6% on the y-axis. The solutions I've seen so far suggest to add a series at these points. The problem is that when I add a seires, my legend shows the new series when I don't really want them to. Is there a really simple way that I've overlooked so that I can just add a line at one y-value and all the x values on the graph and not have it appearing in the legend? Thanks I have just tested inserting an extra series in both xl2002 and xl2007 and if you select the legend and then select the indiv...

How to get rid of a "line" in Word
If I type a number of dashes in Word and press Return it automatically gets changed into a continuous line. How do I later remove such a line? Sometimes if I delete the text line above it then the line also goes but often I just can't get rid of it. I have to resort to creating a new document and then copy/paste the god bits over and then delete the old document. Thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) In news:lzqSlgmVscxLFAoG@dessergr0up.invalid, Les Desser <NewsDump1@dessergroup.com> typed: > If I type a number of dashes in Word and press ...

Comments window
Hi there, I use a DB tool called RS3 for Excel (now known as Accord for Excel - owned by Accelrys inc.). This tool allows you to observe results with cell notes, these commonly being the the average of the result values. the cell notes is a popup window showing the individual result values the average is calculated from. It only shows a maximum of 5 of these values. Additional values can be shown by choosing Tools>Options>View tab, and choosing Comments & indicator. This shows the comments as stable windows, which you can then resize. Now if you go back to the same pla...

received/not invoiced report #5
Hello: All things being equal, is there any good reason as to why an item would not appear on the POP Received/Not Invoiced Report one afternoon but land on that report the next morning? The item should have been on the report that afternoon. The client says that the receipt for the item had been posted, prior to that report having been run that first time. She, also, says that the report option used both that afternoon and the next morning were the same. Could it just have been a glitch in the system that prevented the item from showing on the report that afternoon? Thanks! child...

Stop the line
Is there a way to set up a line chart that pulls data from cells with result formulas in them so they leave the chart data points blank until they are greater than zero? I don't want zeros showing all the way across the chart as data is filled in week by week. I've built line charts that track weekly sales comparing the total sales for the week with the same calendar week total sales last year. Each of several departments has their own chart and it runs for one quarter year (or 12 to 14 weeks). The new weekly sales figures are entered as they happen, but all of last years figures a...

Activiate a report for invoices?
Good day, I duplicated the "SOP Long History Invoice" form, and made a number of modications to the duplicated version.. Now I wish to use this form... How do I go about telling Great Plains to use my version and not the standard version? Using Great Plains 7.5. You must give yourself (and other users) permission to use the modified report. Click on Setup > System > Advanced Security HS "brother52" <brother52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645A1303-B33E-4564-A6BD-6BA9F73F08B4@microsoft.com... > Good day, > > I duplicated the &q...

Custom invoice templates... where are they stored?
I want to be able to use them on my laptop when I'm travelling, but I can't find them on my desktop. And the help is useless here. Also, is there a way to tell Money to NOT use double spacing (vertical) in invoices? It is a huge waste of space. Thanks, Rich -- *************************************************************** Regards, Richard M. Coda PC Type Graphic Design Hi Richard, Advice for moving the custom invoice data from one machine to another was recently posted on the Yahoo!Groups email group dedicated to MS Money Small Biz. You can view the group here: http://fina...

Using drop lines with XY scatter chart
I want to use the drop lines with a XY scatter chart, but unfortunately that option is not available under 'Format Data Series'---->'Options'. I know that this drop line option is available with other chart types like 'Line', problem is I can't use the Line chart type since it can't correcty represent my data set. I want a workable solution. XY charts don't have drop lines, but you can substitute an error bar. Double click on the series, click on either Error Bar tab, and select a negative error bar, select the Percentage option, and enter 100%. If ...

How do I get deleted items that stay in inbox with line thru them.
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? "rwwhit" <rwwhit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D17761E-CD1B-4D04-BACB-B0D837C4DD93@microsoft.com... >I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a > message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted > items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? That's normal behavior...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

HELP! When printing Invoices from a batch, it is giving me wrong totals.
This happened to me once before, and I can't remember what I had to do to fix it. For some reason, it seems that my reports.dic was corrupted, but I can't remember. We had to print the invoices individually for them to print correctly, very time consuming. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Julie Forgot to add this: Great Plains 6.0, Pervasive 2000 (Novell 4.11) On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:45:37 -0500, julietta carpentieri <potato@newsguy.com> wrote: >This happened to me once before, and I can't remember what I had to do >to fix it. For some reason, it seem...

Crashes after printing invoices
Money Small Business 2005 crashes after printing. Searched the newsgroups, but didn't find any relevant solution. -Max Hate Microsoft This is often caused by incompatible printer drivers. I would suggest that you check with the printer manufacturer to see if there's a newer or OLDER printer driver available. Also, make sure that the driver you're using is compatible with your version of Windows (XP, 2000, 98, whatever). -- "Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message news:uquQPHWXFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Money Small Business 2005 crash...

SOP History tables
We are trying to determine how some of the fields in the SOP30200 and SOP30300 tables are populated when contracts are invoiced since we are working on a conversion. The fields are: SOP30200 CUSTNMBR -we assume this is coming from the Bill To Customer Number on the Contract Header (SVC00600) PRBTADCD -we assume this is coming from the Bill To Address Code on the Contract Header (SVC00600) PRSTADCD (this is supposed to be a Ship To Address Code but we aren’t sure where it’s coming from since you don’t enter a main address code on the header – we don’t use the Sites button – most of the...

Black lines in Toolbars
Odd - when I open one specific Excel file from start-- >documents - there are black lines running horizontally across the middle of the taskbars (I can send you a screen shot if you would like). However - if I open Excel from start-->programs, then open the same file, those lines are not there. It's really only happening with one spreadsheet...very odd I am using Excel 2003 w/SP1 installed... Any ideas? Thanks Steve ...

Cancelled qty's on a SOP doc should update header amounts.
We have customers who may order qty 10 and then send a change order reducing the amount to 8. If we cancel 2, the SOP document subtotal and total do not reflect this change. Even if we add a line item to the order, the incorrect subtotal and total have the extended price of the new item added. We would like the SOP document to accurately reflect the transaction before transferring to invoice so the amounts can be verified in advance of the transfer. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for...

order number and invoice sequences
When we enter an order in great plains, the order is assigned a number. A packing slip is then generated with the same number. Then when transferred to an invoice for billing the system assigns an invoice number that is not the same. How do we maintain the same number through out the process? Ken, Out of the box, there isn't a way to do this. When you transfer a document from one to the other- the document number to be used is just pulled from the next invoice number which most likely won't match your order. So what you are looking at is that you enter an order with perhaps OR...

save invoice data.
Hello I have made an excel workbook in excel 2000. sheet1 = Invoice sheet2= Products sheet3= Customers sheet4= Suppliers sheet5= OverView I have been able to make the invoice getting products, customer info via data validation "list" and "Vlookup". The question is how to save an invoice ecah time so I can get total products (update product quantity remaning) sold and customer account balance. I know it is not a clear question but any idea or link for a start would be appriciated. regards ...

Adding custom tabs #2
Is it possible in customizing CRM to create more than 6 to 8 tabs? I am creating a customized entry which requires more than 8 tabs. Is this possible and if so, what is the work around. Thanks....Rich Hi, So far it is not possible to add more than 8 tabs. (If anyone knows any solution then please come forward.) -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Rich R" wrote: > Is it possible in customizing CRM to create mo...

Contacts and Invoicing
Hey There :) I'm tired of quickbooks and excel so I think it's about time to move over to a database. I'd like to create a database for 50 clients whom I invoice each month with one or more of my services. My question is, where should I start? should I start out with a template for the contacts or do it from scratch? How much of the contact info do I separate? I've already checked out the info on these sites and a series of videos by a woman on you tube. http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html http://www.mvps.org/access On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 21:55:01 -07...

Email invoicing is really cumbersome
Currently the email invoicing that comes with GP is so cumbersome, it takes us 30 minutes to email the invoices on 6 orders. This is really lame. The process should be automated. Converting each invoice into a PDF and then emailing it takes WAY too long for an ecommerce business. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsr...

AD and E2k3 cluster
I went out today and saw somehting for the first time. two E2k3 servers in a cluster - operating fine. Howerver when I look at AD users and computers there are no exchange settings for the users. Since this is the first Exchange cluster I've seen, is this normal? Thanks for anyone's input BP no...not if they are Exchange servers, and you have the proper permissions...all the Exchange tabs should appear... "Brad Palmer" <brad_palmer2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:xFGue.1809$W74.1296@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com... > I went out today and saw somehting for...

Line Item comments in SOP Transaction in Sales Line Item Smartlist
The Sales Line Item smartlist, comment fields (Comment 1, Comment 2...) seems to be picking up comment from the transaction level comment text rather than line item comment text entered in Sales Item detail entry screen. Seems illogical to me. It should pick comment text from Line item details rather than transaction level comments. Any Ideas? What version? It seems fine in 8.0. VG "Samit" wrote: > The Sales Line Item smartlist, comment fields (Comment 1, Comment 2...) > seems to be picking up comment from the transaction level comment text > rather than line item com...

Line Graph: Changing X/Y Axis'
Can somebody please help to recommend a tutorial or simple directions on creating a chart in Office 2007 that will show how to create a simple line chart (2-D is fine) that gives flexibility in flipping the x and y axis? This seems challenging in 2007... Thanks. You cannot 'flip' a Line chart. In a Line chart the x axis has category values and if flipped this would give category values to the y axis which must have numeric values. But you can readily flip an XY chart. Click the chart; from the Chart Tools select Design; Click Select Data; now use Edit. In the Edit dialog, select ...