Adding Array Fields on forms

How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form?

thks in advance.
0
HFLo (288)

Hi HFLO,

Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting modified
form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox slect
local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field name
and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string or
text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array
field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3 times.
Hence ur array field would be there on ur form.

Hope it will help to u.
--
Developer

"HFLo" wrote:

> How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form?
>
> thks in advance.
0
Habeeb (8)
6/27/2006 1:37:02 PM
it works, but when I add those fields to VBA, it is referenced as XYZ, XYZ1,
XYZ2 etc and not XYZ(1), XYZ(2), XYZ(3)?

thks for your advice.

"Habeeb" wrote:

> Hi HFLO,
>
> Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting modified
> form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox slect
> local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field name
> and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string or
> text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array
> field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3 times.
> Hence ur array field would be there on ur form.
>
> Hope it will help to u.
> --
> Developer
>

> "HFLo" wrote:
>
> > How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form?
> >
> > thks in advance.
0
HFLo (288)
6/28/2006 3:18:02 AM
Yes because vba doesn't see them as array elements, just fields that you
added to the window and then added to vba.  Also, we can't name them
"XYZ(1)" because that isn't a valid object name in vba so the parens are
removed.

Note also that the name is based on the order added also, so if you'd select
XYZ3 then 2 then 1 your fields would be named "wrong" in vba as they would
be backwards.  Again, because it's based off the field name (and not array)
and so each field gets the name XYZ and then 1,2,3 etc to be unique.

patrick
mbs dev support

"HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> it works, but when I add those fields to VBA, it is referenced as XYZ,
XYZ1,
> XYZ2 etc and not XYZ(1), XYZ(2), XYZ(3)?
>
> thks for your advice.
>

> "Habeeb" wrote:
>
> > Hi HFLO,
> >
> > Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting
modified
> > form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox
slect
> > local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field
name
> > and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string
or
> > text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array
> > field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3
times.
> > Hence ur array field would be there on ur form.
> >
> > Hope it will help to u.
> > --
> > Developer
> >

> > "HFLo" wrote:
> >
> > > How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form?
> > >
> > > thks in advance.

0
prot1 (1345)

Adding financial institution to....
Hi, I'm trying to add another finacial institution to the "online services" at the "logon to ....screen. I have set up a password, passport. If I go to Accounts/Bills, then Online Service Manager,select the financial institution I want to add, then I'm supposed to go to "modify services".....but I can't find that.... Does anybody have this problem? What am I doing wrong? I have set up this account online and can download into Money if I go to their website but I want to add it to the other accounts and that way I can save some time. I'm talking about...

No content in message field anymore
For the last two days when I open my email client I see no content in the message field. Each email is blank with an attachment paperclip in the upper right hand corner. When I click the paperclip I have the choice of a txt file (which will not open up) or an htm file which will open. This is driving me crazy and I don't want to get rid of windows mail...any suggestions on how to fix this? Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 Try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/...

Adding Additional Work to MS Project 2003
I would like to do some what-if analysis on my project schedule and am not sure how I can easily add say 30% additional work across the board on my project to show some best and worse case scenarios. Would I have to use a PERT chart to do this sort of filter? Hello Al, PERT analysis in project 2003 is based upon duration, not work. While work and duration are related through assignments, if you have changed the task type from the default of fixed units, adjusting duration will not necessarily change work. The PERT analysis tools are available on the PERT Analysis toolbar...

Migrating AD to new domain. How does Exch 5.5 fit in?
Over a weekend (hopefully) I will be migrating from one domain to another temporary domain. Then I will be taking the original domain out of it's current forest and into its own. I will then migrate back to the original domain. I'm using Exchange 5.5. What do I do with Exchange? Should I leave it with the original domain and assume that the appended SIDHistory of the users will still work correctly with it when they move back? I'm thinking this will work since it's happening over a weekend... I don't know anything about migrating Exchange 5.5 to a new domain... Any ...

Calculated Field in form to table
Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? ...

Field Options and Combo Lists?
Wondering if anyone knows how to make this work. I have two fields in a form, both Combo Boxes. I want the Value List in the first box to determine what the Value List in the second box will be. For example, if the first box is all State Names, if you select California, the second box provides all of the City names for that state. However, if you change the first box to Utah, the second box provides all the City names for Utah. In the afterupdate event of the states combobox write code to adjust the rowsource of the city combobox. Something like: Me.combo_STATE.RowSource = &quo...

Automatically filling in "full name" field
I would like to add the "fullname" field to the Contact form. Is there someway to make this field automatically fill in with the information from "firstname" + "middlename" + "lastname" + "suffix"? If this can be automatically filled in, could the field later be manually changed? You will find that if you add the fullname field to the form, it will be greyed out, you can't type into it. It will be populated after you create a new contact and enter the first and last names and save the contact. And it will change if you change the f...

cmbo box on subform fills fields on form when chkbx is yes
I have a multi-tabbed form that details bid data ranging from pricing to contact info to departmental notes. Page two has a subform listing general contractors to whom we bid. One bid may have 10-15 contractors listed. When a purchase order is issued from one of these contractors I select a checkbox indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 On Mar 17, 3:04=A0p...

Visual Basic forms
Please Help, There must be a million references to what I'm asking but I can't seem to find it. All I'd like to do is create a form in Visual Basics which contains a combo box, aka a dropdown list, but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to tie in the data into the combo box which would of course display the list. Can someone please help. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to call the information from a current list on a worksheet? If so how? But it needs to be in VBA. Set the Combo's RowSource property to the address of the wo...

Excluding Duplicates in One Field
Hi, I'm stuck. I have two fields, fName and fEmail. Many of the fEmail fields have duplicates because often people in the same house use the same e-mail address. I need to query the data so the result does not contain the duplicate e-mail addresses. For some reason, "unique values" still pulls up the duplicates. I know if I exclude one of the duplicate e-mail addresses, then I also end up exluding the name in the same record, but so long as the output has at least one of the names, along with every record for which there is a unique e-mail address...

AD Computer object question
Hello, I have computer object within Active Directory for a specific server. Due to an issue, the link between the two has been broken. Is there any way to recreate the link without delete the AD object and join back the server into the domain? Thanks for your help, It's a really urgent matter, please help Dark Hello darkbol, Which kind of machine is it, Domain controller or member server or workstation? What is the exact error message? Did something happened before or is it just out of the blue? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is pro...

Adding Values From Different Tabs
Is there a way to add values from different tabs on the same spreadsheet? For example A2 from tab 1 and A2 from tab 2 -- Flipkid2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Flipkid2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17984 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398184 Assuming the name on Tab 1 is Sheet1 and Tab 2 is Sheet2, use thi formula: =Sheet1!A2+Sheet2!A2 note the name of the sheet is followed by "!" to indicate it is a shee name. HTH Bruc -- swatsp0 ------------...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

Checking which fields changed
Hi Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? Thanks Regards On May 9, 4:25 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during > editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? > > Thanks > > Regards I assume you mean what data was changed when you save the record? If so look at the OldValue property of your text boxes etc. Take a look at what Allen Browne has at ...

Continuation of Formula in New Array
Hi I am using this formula VLOOKUP($B$1,'Team A'!$A$18:$IV$45,MATCH($B5,'Team A'!$18:$18,0),0) The Array starts from A18 As you realise due to Excel limitation (!) the array only goes as far as Column IV; I wish to continue the Table array ( starting from a new row rather than a new worksheet) say from Cell A50 to IV77 and then continue again from A82 to IV109 and perhaps etc Is it possible. Please Note If it is to be done in Macro Please provide me a detailed Idiot Guide as I have NEVER PERFORMED/USED a Macro, and would not know where to start. Thx Gunjani I don'...

Multi-field primary key, no dupes
I can select multiple fields and make a primary key indexed with no duplicates. But I just realized my criteria for "no dupes" holds only if another field is empty (no value). For example, if my primary key is: Shirts-Mens-Style102-Large-Green-05Jan08 then I can't enter another order for the same product on the same day. That's good - unless the order's been shipped and another one is needed. So no duplicates, but only as long as the ShipDate field for that record is empty. Can this be done easily? Or should I look into a different way to prevent duplicates? Ed ...

email notification of AD expiring password?
Hi Does anyone know of a utility that will automatically email someone when their Active Directory password is about expire? Thanks, Jack Why do you want to do this? The user will get a pop up letting them know that when they log in. "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote in message news:elN0llXoEHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Does anyone know of a utility that will automatically email someone when > their Active Directory password is about expire? > > Thanks, Jack > > It's for remote users. Since they are not on the domain, the...

Dynamic array
I am trying to grab missing numbers from a sequence of numbers in an ID field in a table using a For Next loop that will plug the missing numbers into dynamic array. I'm working off of Access help. I've tried so many variations of this trying to get it to work that I can't remember them all, but here is the latest version. It generates an index out of range error just before the Redim statement. Can anyone tell me why? Actually getting an array to work in VBA is my focus right now because I've never been able to create one that worked. I haven't even given any...

OWA
OWA text field is always 'grayed out' - on new messages and replies. Small "x" button in upper left of text field seems to have no functionality. Subject field is OK. Bummer - do you have a question? If yes, then try asking it in an Exchange news group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. Microsoft.public.exchange.admin is a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

how to hide standardnavigation in form
Hi, How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bottom of a form? Susan Open the form in design view. Right-click the small square in the upper left corner of the form and select Properties. On the Format tab find "Navigation Buttons". Change that option to "No". "susan" wrote: > Hi, > > How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bottom of a form? > > Susan > > > On Feb 27, 7:43=A0am, "susan" <duff...@hetnet.nl> wrote: > Hi, > > How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bo...

Passing 2-D array as function parameter.
If I pass a 2-D array ar[4][6] like this: foo(int ar[][6]...); What has been passed? Is it a pointer of whole array? Thanks. if you want to point to whole array you must call foo(ar) and in prototype or definition write foo (int ar[] [6]) and if you want to accsess only one row you must write foo(ar[4]) at calling the function "Frank E Rogers" <syang@pelco.com> wrote in message news:#u9vtA0UEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > If I pass a 2-D array ar[4][6] like this: > foo(int ar[][6]...); > What has been passed? Is it a pointer of whole array? > Thanks. > &...

Deleting system locked fields
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system calculated?" field on the Opportunities form? We always have user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I can't delete it. Anyone know how I can get around this? You can not delete those fields. But you can change the default value to "user provided". WIth some javascipt you should be able to hide it for the users. HTH, Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu WiLLerZ schreef: > Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system > calculated?"...

How to split a field into 2 fields?
I imported a spreadsheet from Excel and would like to split one field into two fields. Many of the records in Field1 have a note in parenthesis ( ). If a record has anything contained in parenthesis, I would like to move that data to Field2. What's the best way to accomplish this? To get the word inside the parenthesis try something like SecondWord: IIf(InStr([MyLeeter],"("),Mid([MyLeeter],InStr([MyLeeter],"(")+1,Len([MyLeeter])-InStr([MyLeeter],"(")-1),"") FirstWord: IIf(InStr([MyLeeter],"("),Left([MyLeeter],InStr([MyLeeter],&q...

table and form not calculated in synch
Help says to open a piviot table but I am having trouble making my columns add up to total for each indivudual ID. The totals are being calculated only in th e form view which does not up date the original table and does not transfer to a report. How can I get a feild to calculate specific feilds so that I can run these reports? ...

Dex runtime error after adding modified smart list to vba
My first go round I had added the "original" Smartlist lookup for Inventory/Items to visual basic instead of adding a "modified" Smartlist Lookup for this screen. This worked fine, but I realized I didn't want all users to use the modified Smartlist. I then removed all these changes and tried to start fresh. I then added the original smartlist to Modifier. This was ok. I changed security to use the modified window. However, after adding the modified window, when I try to exit the screen, I get the Dexterity runtime error. I have repeated this seve...