Adding a table connection in report writer

I would like to add some user defined fields that we use for project names
etc on our pick tickets. I can access them on my packing slip reports but I
have to establish a table connection to I believe the Sales User Defined Work
History Table to make the fields available for this report in report writer.
Can someone direct me?
0
tstrop (66)

The relationship between the tables for this link is already defined, so on
the report definition window click on the Tables button, click on Sales
Transaction Work, click on New, click on Sales User-Defined Work History,
click OK.

When the relationship does not exist you can add it by opening the source
table definition and adding the relationship to the target table.

For other situations where you are unable to create the relationship between
the tables, you can use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) (if it is
registered) to read any data from the SQL tables and display it on a report.
I have examples of this method, please get your partner to contact me on the
address below (remove the online. first) and request a version (v8, v9, v10).

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"tstrop" wrote:

> I would like to add some user defined fields that we use for project names
> etc on our pick tickets. I can access them on my packing slip reports but I
> have to establish a table connection to I believe the Sales User Defined Work
> History Table to make the fields available for this report in report writer.
> Can someone direct me?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

String Table (VC6 IDE)
I have strings in English language in the "String Table" of my project (myProject.rc). I'm loading them using: CString msg; msg.LoadString(150); Now, I need to internationalise my app. How can I do that? How can I add support for multiple languages? Which is the best way to do that? >I have strings in English language in the "String Table" of my project >(myProject.rc). I'm loading them using: > >CString msg; >msg.LoadString(150); > >Now, I need to internationalise my app. How can I do that? How can I add >support for multiple lang...

Date format in a report
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format. How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd. -- Charlie You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already exist. Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy") -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.carda...

generate report thru pracle to excell
Recently i upgraded to ms office 2003 since then I'm not able to generate reports thru oracle unto excell (online ). But when I log in an administrator in the local system I'm able to generate the report. the same does not happen with domain users ...

Report: "You have no transactions for the item you selected."
Hi, I've run into a glitch I can't figure out. I'm working with the Monthly income and expenses report. There are amounts listed under the Income - Unassigned category. When I double-click the category to see the transactions, I get the message in the Subject. I did a split-half search to find the supposed account that it registering the amount, but cannot find any transactions that are in error. I tried a Standard Repair without any change. Help! I should add that this is Money 2007. "Robert Berus" <rberus@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:OFn...

pivot table %
I have 2 columns in a pivot table - decription and amount. I need to calc a % of each value of the total. I don't know how to do that. ...

Report Detail section coding
Is there a way I can know when the detail section of report moves to the first record of a new group. Something like..... If Me.DetailSection.BOF Then I am using Access 2007 Any help is always appreciated. Thanks, Wally wallymeister wrote: >Is there a way I can know when the detail section of report moves to the >first record of a new group. Something like..... > >If Me.DetailSection.BOF Then > >I am using Access 2007 Add a text box to the detail section and set its expression to =1 and RunningSum property to Over Group. The value of the te...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

Slow Response time after server move to AD
I've recently moved my Windows 2003 Server running GP 8.0 from a stand alone server on a Novell network to a member server in Active Directory. The response time from client computers has slowed drastically. It also ocurred when the clients were part of Active Directory and the sevrer was still a stand alone (workgroup). Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be slowing the response time of GP, primarily on customer screens. Thanks! Ben DeGennaro ...

Query cross two table
Hi, I have two tables, tbAdmission and tbCode. In my tbAdmission, I have Code1, Code2 and Code3. In my tbCode, I have Code, Description1 and Description2. In my Form, frmAdmission, I have txtCode1, txtCode2 and txtCode3 that are all bounded to tbAdmission. And txtDescription1Code1, txtDescription2Code1, txtDescription1Code2, txtDescription2Code2, txtDescription1Code3 and txtDescription2Code3 that are unbounded and only for displaying the descriptions. txtCode1, txtCode2 and txtCode3 all refer to Code in tbCode to retrieve Description1 and Description2 for displaying in the unbou...

Conversion Errors Table
Hello, I'm new to working with Access, I just converted an Access 97 databas into Access 2002. It tells me there were errors, and to look at th Conversion Errors Table. But nowhere in the message or in the MS Hel is there anything telling me where to find this table. Can someon help? Thanks Patric -- psha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pshaw's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=493 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=125029 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i I'd expect to find it in the new...

Report of Employees not paid
What do you think would be the easiest way to generate a report for a pay period showing anyone who had not been paid that pay period--like a payroll exception report for anyone with wages = 0 for a given pay period. Thanks! -- Debbie from Wipfli It's easy to do outside of GP. If you had MS Access or can write a SQL query in SQL Server Query Analyzer, you join the Employee Master table (UPR00100) with the Check History Table (UPR30100) but restrict it to where the values in the joined fields in the Check History table are null. MS Access has a wizard that will create the query for...

report prefiltering does not work for custom entity
Please help. I've been trying for days but can't get the reports prefiltering to work for my custom entity. I created a simple report with the CRMAF_ prefix and deploy to the CRM server. The report works fine and display all data OK. Except the pre filter does not work i.e. the "Edit Filter" button does not show. My question is: Does report prefiltering works for custom entity? I saw a lot of posts regarding this topic and tried all the suggestions i could find, but still no luck. I tried the microsoft tutorial in creating a prefilterable report base on the account...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

how to compare 2 values in a report (Invoice Total vs Payments)
while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if my invoice amount (Table 1 ) does not equal the value of my total payments (table 2). If the values were the same then no message would be printed. Thank You Create a new command button to check the report before you print it. You will have to enter code for the button along the lines of: If [Invoice Total] <> [Payments] Then MsgBox "This account is out of balance" Endif "Rita" wrote: > while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if > my invo...

Adding a Bank to Money 2002's database
Can I add an online bank to Money 2002's database or must it be added by Microsoft?? In microsoft.public.money, Rob wrote: >Can I add an online bank to Money 2002's database or must >it be added by Microsoft?? That must be done by Microsoft working together with your bank. However you can use any bank you choose for your own file. Just select the (Not Listed) choice when you create the account. Then in the Account Details, enter the address, web site URL, etc. ...

if value not found in table ?
Hello all I need to display a msgbox if a value is not found in a table. Something like: If value not_in table.field then msgbix end if I know that code wont work is just an ilustration of what i am looking for Thanks in advance Use DLookup() to see if the value is in the table. If it's not found, the result will be Null. So, use IsNull() to test the result. Here's how to get your Dlookup() expression working: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access us...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Report repeats a field
Example: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 John Smith 3,17 4,27 7,34 John Smith 1,22 6,57 8,92 I want that the report shows a name(John Smith) only one time like this: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 3,17 4,27 7,34 1,22 6,57 8,92 The report get the informations from a Query that get the information from a table. One way to do this would be to set the "name" control's Hide Duplicates property to Yes. Another way to do this would be to use Sorting & Grouping, then Gro...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Mail is queued after adding 2nd server
I was hoping someone might have some insight into this issue. I've just completed adding a 2nd server to my first site. All mail between the two servers is getting queued; doesn't matter which server it originates from. Mail to the original server from the internet as well as auto generated emails is still functioning correctly. We're running Exchg 2003 SP2 and Win2k3 on both servers. I've also gone through the Best Practices and fixed the minor issues it listed. Thanks, Chris Can you telnet to port 25 from each server successfully? Are the servers located in the same su...

Help on adding values to a bar chart
Hello, Here is my problem. I currently have a bar chart that has 8 X-axis bars. I need to add 2 more to the X-axis. The labels for the x-axis are based on cells within another spreadsheet, but are not consecutive cells, they are spread apart. So when I go to add the two more cells, I can only add one. When I click on the second cell to add it to the list, all of the previous cells get unselected. I have even tried to manually add these two values in. Is there a limit to how many values can be on the X-axis? Please Help!!! Thanks. To select non-consecutive cells: select first cell, h...

Connecting to database
I'm trying to connect some back office computers to the database so that several people can access RMS Manager at the same time. I've been succesful with one computer so far, but not with the second. The second one, which is not connecting to the database, connects to everything else on the nextwork. I get error number 2147467259 when I try to test the connection. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance! "Chuck Elnekave" <Chuck Elnekave@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:50B274D0-27F6-4260-B47C-BDF3FE0C8933@microsoft.com... > I'...

Deleting data from a table through a query
I have a database that is designed to update a list of credit union members from a master list so that vehicle insurance coverage can be tracked. I have been able to run an unmatched query to achieve a list of old members who have either paid off their vehicles or moved their loans to other locations. What I need to do now is delete these people from the main table. I have the cascade update and delete funtion in place to delete the vehicle information once the member is deleted, but I don't know how to take the information found in the unmatched query and delete those members fr...