Add Company ID to company tables for use with SmartList Builder

SmartList Builder is a great addition to GP because of the flexibility it
provides in pulling data from various sources.  The feature that allows you
to use multiple GP companies would be of significantly more value if the
Company Name or Company ID was able to be pulled into the SmartList.  I can
create a Smartlist that crosses companies, but it is of little value because
I can't identify which company the data is coming from.

Please consider adding some Company ID's to useful tables within each
company so we can use Smartlist Builder's full functionality.

Thank you.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=611e0377-0823-4966-a74e-dc46f715c903&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Dana (34)

I would count on the Federal debt being erased before you see the table
structures changed in this manner.

Seriously, I understand the issue. I think a solution is to create a SQL
view that contains that company information.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Dana" wrote:

> SmartList Builder is a great addition to GP because of the flexibility it
> provides in pulling data from various sources.  The feature that allows you
> to use multiple GP companies would be of significantly more value if the
> Company Name or Company ID was able to be pulled into the SmartList.  I can
> create a Smartlist that crosses companies, but it is of little value because
> I can't identify which company the data is coming from.
>
> Please consider adding some Company ID's to useful tables within each
> company so we can use Smartlist Builder's full functionality.
>
> Thank you.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=611e0377-0823-4966-a74e-dc46f715c903&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)
1/31/2008 5:18:01 PM
I agree.  That's how we do it all the time.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
>I would count on the Federal debt being erased before you see the table
> structures changed in this manner.
>
> Seriously, I understand the issue. I think a solution is to create a SQL
> view that contains that company information.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Dana" wrote:
>
>> SmartList Builder is a great addition to GP because of the flexibility it
>> provides in pulling data from various sources.  The feature that allows
>> you
>> to use multiple GP companies would be of significantly more value if the
>> Company Name or Company ID was able to be pulled into the SmartList.  I
>> can
>> create a Smartlist that crosses companies, but it is of little value
>> because
>> I can't identify which company the data is coming from.
>>
>> Please consider adding some Company ID's to useful tables within each
>> company so we can use Smartlist Builder's full functionality.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=611e0377-0823-4966-a74e-dc46f715c903&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
victoria (3340)
1/31/2008 6:33:26 PM
As a matter of fact, it is available today.
You can call any SQL function in SLB, including user-defined functions.

Add a calculated field of type string and enter db_name() as the formula,
and voila!

Charles, time to pay down the debt is what I say.

HS

"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
>I would count on the Federal debt being erased before you see the table
> structures changed in this manner.
>
> Seriously, I understand the issue. I think a solution is to create a SQL
> view that contains that company information.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Dana" wrote:
>
>> SmartList Builder is a great addition to GP because of the flexibility it
>> provides in pulling data from various sources.  The feature that allows
>> you
>> to use multiple GP companies would be of significantly more value if the
>> Company Name or Company ID was able to be pulled into the SmartList.  I
>> can
>> create a Smartlist that crosses companies, but it is of little value
>> because
>> I can't identify which company the data is coming from.
>>
>> Please consider adding some Company ID's to useful tables within each
>> company so we can use Smartlist Builder's full functionality.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=611e0377-0823-4966-a74e-dc46f715c903&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
HSalim (1270)
1/31/2008 7:31:35 PM
I tried this, but it uses the company id from the company I'm in at the time
rather than the company id that the data is from.
--
Aimee Crowe
Christian Homes, Inc.

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> As a matter of fact, it is available today.
> You can call any SQL function in SLB, including user-defined functions.
>
> Add a calculated field of type string and enter db_name() as the formula,
> and voila!
>
> Charles, time to pay down the debt is what I say.
>
> HS
>

> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> >I would count on the Federal debt being erased before you see the table
> > structures changed in this manner.
> >
> > Seriously, I understand the issue. I think a solution is to create a SQL
> > view that contains that company information.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Dana" wrote:
> >
> >> SmartList Builder is a great addition to GP because of the flexibility it
> >> provides in pulling data from various sources.  The feature that allows
> >> you
> >> to use multiple GP companies would be of significantly more value if the
> >> Company Name or Company ID was able to be pulled into the SmartList.  I
> >> can
> >> create a Smartlist that crosses companies, but it is of little value
> >> because
> >> I can't identify which company the data is coming from.
> >>
> >> Please consider adding some Company ID's to useful tables within each
> >> company so we can use Smartlist Builder's full functionality.
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> ----------------
> >> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> >> "I
> >> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> >> this
> >> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> >> then
> >> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=611e0377-0823-4966-a74e-dc46f715c903&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
Aimee202 (49)

2 Questions on Pivot Tables
Any assistance appriciated. (Excel 2003) 1) I have a simple Pivot table showing 6 groups with their totals and a subtotal eg: America 10 UK 15 Oz 22 etc. Grand Total 125 I want to Pivot Graph this data, no problems. I want however an extra line to show the total on the Secondary Axis. I have almost got it by placing the column in a second time as a Running Total and then as a Line on my chart, hiding all the values until the last point. However I would like if possible the Total as a horizontal line across the chart? 2) I h...

Duplication of labels within pivot table
I am using a cvs file to copy & paste data into a workbook (not saving the file as an excel document and then coping & pasting into the workbook). This workbook is updated weekly from the same hard format reporting system with current information only - all other aspects of the report remain the same. I am seeing duplication of the labels within my pivot table. It seems that the information is being recorded as stacked data not as continuious data within my data base. Could this be caused by the copy & paste directly from the cvs file rather then from an excel file. At this tim...

Unhide Tables in Acc2k7
Hi! How do I unhide tables in the Acces2k7, please? When I try: Navigation Pane, Access Options, Navigation Options, the Groups for "Tables and Related Views" is empty. Thanks in advance. an Do they show up if you select Object Type instead? Try Office Button, Access Options, Current Database, Navigation Options button. When that window opens, select all the Display Options at the lower left of the window. If that doesn't work, make a copy of your database and hide it away in a safe place. Then do a compact and repair. If that doesn't work, open a...

Exchange 2003
Hello I have a newly setup production exchange server (sp2). It is only serving a small subset of my organisation, about 15 users, using mydomain1.com. My active directory contains around 100 user accounts that do not have exchange mailboxes and they use our old pop3 based system and have a seperate email domain name, mydomain2.com. It would appear that whenever someone with an exchange mailbox (mydomain1.com) sends mail to people with an email address listed elsewhere in the active directory (mydomain2.com) it gets stuck in the local exchnage delivery queue rather than forwarding i...

Unable to add custom field to a view/preview
I added a new attribute to the Quote and I am able to add this attribute to the form but the new attribute does not appear in the list of fields when I create a new view. Further, the new field does not appear in the list of fields if I try to add it to the quote preview. I am able to store and retrieve the value of the new field using the API. Thanks for any info. I figured it out. JohnE wrote: > I figured it out. Hi John! How do you solve the problem? Publish and IIS reset don't help. I don't see custom fields in "Customize views", but i can see custom fields ...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

surveys and pivot tables
I have reinvented the wheel by making a paper survey and then entering all the answers into a spreadsheet. the format of the spreadsheet is; the first column is the id of every person surveyed and the next 9 columns are their response to each of the 9 questions (responses are numbered so each response is a number from 1-8)each row is in reference to the answers that the person gave. so a typical row would be: PCA 1 6 1 2 2 1 5 8 1. pca being the ID and the other numbers being the response to the corresponding row's question. The question is: how do i set up a pivot table to analyze ...

Switching companies using SQL Passthrough
I have an application that uses SQL_Passthrough. As part of the code you must execute a statement that uses the appropriate database. The code looks like this: set SQL_Statements to "use MYDB"; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection, field SQL_Statements); This works fine, but my application can be used for any number of databases. At first, I modified it to use the Dex.ini file, which works. Here is the modification: dbname = Defaults_Read("SQLDB"); dbopencommand = "use " + dbname; set SQL_Statements to dbopencommand; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection,...

How do I add a Trendline to a Pivot Chart
How do I add a trendline to a pivot chart? Help Thanks Leroy Maybe rightclick on one of the series lines in the chart and select Add TrendLine. Leroy wrote: > > How do I add a trendline to a pivot chart? Help! > > Thanks, > > Leroy -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

Intra-company transactions in GP Dynamics
Has anyone used Intracompany (not Intercompany) transactions in GP Dynamics or Web App? I have a client who, charges costs and revenues between to branches. For example, Branch A acquires the job but Branch B does the work for Branch A's customer, charges Branch A for costs incurred and bills for service as well. Branch A pays Branch B and charges customer with a markup. The process they're currently using is cumbersome and under review. But I would like to know if anyone has dealt with a similar scenario and what solution have you concluded. Thanks. Welcome to Great Plains group Sen...

Event ID c0072030 #2
We have an Active Directory Organizational that contain all of our contacts. I have run the delegation of control wizard and given a user full control over the contacts OU. When I log on with that users account and try to update to add an SMTP address to a contact I receive the following error: There is no such object on the server Facility:Win32 ...

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...

Using namespaces? I've some messy nested contexts that I want to clean up...
Hi, I've got the following code structure Class A { ... private: Class B { public: enum C { ENUM X } C MyVar; C MyFunc() } } So for function definitions in B I have to write A::B::C A::B::MyFunc() and for objects of B in A if(pb->MyVar==B::ENUM_X) It's all just a bit messy. Isn't it. Someone please help. Regards. ...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

Formula to process 3 cells using IF statements
I have 3 columns of experimental data (C:E). Row 30 contains the sums (C30:E30). I need a formula that will examine the three sums and return the column number that has the lowest sum. If more than one column is lowest, select one randomly. Example: C30 D30 E30 Result 10 11 12 1 (C) 22 20 21 2 (D) 32 31 30 3 (E) 40 41 40 Randomly select 1 or 3 51 50 50 Randomly select 2 or 3 60 60 60 Randonly select 1, 2, or 3 Can this be done with IF statements or do I need to write a macro? Well, this is a bit cumbersome, but it se...

Pivot Chart Created from Pivot Table is Blank
HELP!!! I am following a tutorial in an Excel 2007 book step-by-step. In one of the lessons I was able to successfully and easily create a pivot chart from a pivot table. In my next lesson, I am following the exact same steps (even have started over a couple of times), and when I create a pivot chart from the pivot table in this lesson, it creates a blank chart. WHY DOES IT DO THIS??? I know I have followed the steps correctly. Any ideas on why Excel isn't cooperating with me on this lesson would be soooo appreciated. Hi, Blank charts usually result from having your cursor in...

Pointing to correct macro path using excel custom toolbar
I have created an excel 2000 template (.xlt) containing a number o macros. When I open copies of this template on various pcs, the macro function correctly, except I cannot successfully run the macros usin the custom toolbar I created, because (I think) within the toolbar th paths to the macros are pointed to the original location on my pc. An advice on how I can resolve this would be gratefully received -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you thought about building the toolbar when the file opens? Or maybe separating the worksheet portion of the template from the code pa...

how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula?
i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help ...

Entire Visio page moves whenever I use the directional arrow keys instead of the object I've clicked on
Gurus, Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whenever I click on an object and try to move it using the right, left, or up or down arrow keys, the whole page moves instead of the object I've clicked on. This is really annoying! It didn't used to be this way. I'm not sure what I changed. I simply want the object I've highlighted to move whenever I use the arrow keys not the whole Visio page itself! -- Spin On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:29:14 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whe...

Pivot Table Wizard causes crash
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003(11.8316.8221) SP3 When I use the Pivot Table Wizard and press the "back" button to redefine the range of data. Excel crashes. I've tried with no other files open. I can use the wizard to create now pivot tables, but not redefine this existing PT. The file is about 1 meg. Thanks in advance. Mike Just after posting this I found a reference to the problem being the result of having "frozen windows" on the sheet with the PT. I "unfroze" the windows and everything works just fine. Mike "mike in...

.NET 3.5
Hello, Does anyone of you know how I can force vb.net to remove the handle of a local DLL which I used beforehand with Reflection. Here is a fragment of the code. I have a base class and a derived class. This app only knows the base class and creates an Instance of the derived class by using Reflection which works fine. The only problem I have is that the local DLL file is blocked (I can't delete it) as long as I don't close the Application Dim GetCustomModule as BaseClass Dim dll As Assembly = Assembly.LoadFrom("c:\tools\DerivedCass.dl...

Landed Cost add on from Retail Realm
Has anybody used the landed cost add on from http://www.retailrealm.us ?? We badly need a way to figure Landed Costs and this is the only thing we've found yet. I would love to hear from anyone who has used it. Thanks ...

different budget ID for single account
when calculating the budget for an expense account lets say 111-222-333, is there any way to tell which budget id to use or if both buget id are using for calculating the budget amount. the expense account exists in both budget id. ...

Ex 2003 IS backup, using NTBackup 5.0
On Win2K SP4, I've upgraded from Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003. I use NTBackup to back up the IS. The NTBackup is version 5.0. Backup proceeds normally; on differentials I can see NTBackup counting log files, etc. However, I tested a restore, and when I catalogued the *.bkf file, NTBackup says "No files were found". So I have an error-free backup, from which (apparently) I cannot restore. Is the Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003 upgrade supposed to upgrade NTBackup as well, to a version that can handle restoring Ex 2003 IS? Does anyone have an insight into why NTBackup doesn't want to ...