Add bin to Historical Stock Status Report

If a client is Multi Site and wants to use MRP, the recommended solution from
MBS is to enable Multi Bin functionality and treat the different physical
locations as bins.  Ultimately, the client controller will want to see
quantity and inventory value for a particular site (Bin in Great Plains).  If
they are using FIFO periodic as the valuation method for their inventory,
there is not a report that gives the different FIFO layers for an item within
a bin.

Our customers do not see Great Plains as a viable solution if they cannot
get the value of their inventory for a particular physical location.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3ca81132-09fe-4460-95e5-a76b73c15a7c&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
bforeman (2)

Hi, I'm not sure I'm following your statement.

If you enable multibin, then you wouldn't want to treat each site as a bin,
so in this scenario, a site would be more analogous to a warehouse within a
company.  So, if you're with me so far, then you can see each inventory
layer at each site using the purchase receipts inquiry window and reports.
Before multibin, I can see your point, ie, you'd want to think of each site
as a bin, but I can't think of any reason why you'd want to do that anymore.

Am I missing something here?

--
dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com

Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.
"bforeman" <bforeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If a client is Multi Site and wants to use MRP, the recommended solution
> from
> MBS is to enable Multi Bin functionality and treat the different physical
> locations as bins.  Ultimately, the client controller will want to see
> quantity and inventory value for a particular site (Bin in Great Plains).
> If
> they are using FIFO periodic as the valuation method for their inventory,
> there is not a report that gives the different FIFO layers for an item
> within
> a bin.
>
> Our customers do not see Great Plains as a viable solution if they cannot
> get the value of their inventory for a particular physical location.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3ca81132-09fe-4460-95e5-a76b73c15a7c&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
dlothspe (110)
8/10/2005 9:10:04 PM
Hi Dan,

Yes, I probably could have been a little more clear.  Currently MRP has a
limitation that it cannot be used to consolidate demand over multiple sites.
Thus a company that has multiple physical locations (in our clients case, a
maquilla in Tijiauna, warehouse in Laredo, warehouse in San Diego) could not
run MRP and have it consolidate the demand over the sites set up in the
system for Laredo, San Diego, etc.

The MBS recommended solution for this was to set up the legal entity as a
site and the physical locations as bins.  This would then enable MRP to
calculate demand over all of the bins (physical locations) created for the
single site (legal entity).

Good for MRP, but it then puts some limitations on the Controller/Cost
Accountants who are reconciling inventory and trying to value inventory for a
specific physical location (in our customers case this is required for
operating line of credit for different physical locations).

We have modified the bin quantity report to pull in current cost and created
a calculated field to multiply the qty by the current cost to get an extended
value.  Two problems with this.

First, you can not run it from a historical perspective (no date parameters)
thus you could not "recreate" inventory qty's for a particular day as you can
with the historical stock status report.

Second, if the customer is using a FIFO periodic valuation method our
modified bin report only pulls in current cost and uses that to derive the
extended value of th bin.  Thus, you do not get all of the FIFO layers of
your inventory and your extended value on the report will be off and will not
reconcile to the GL.

Kind of a few unforeseen circumstances what have put us in a difficult
position and we will have to avoid it in the future by not recommending Great
Plains MRP in a multi site scenario.

Alot of information, feel free to ask somemore questions and poke holes.  I
would love to find a solution in order to help this customer out and enable
us to sell MRP in a true mid market environment.

Thanks...Bill

"Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi, I'm not sure I'm following your statement.
>
> If you enable multibin, then you wouldn't want to treat each site as a bin,
> so in this scenario, a site would be more analogous to a warehouse within a
> company.  So, if you're with me so far, then you can see each inventory
> layer at each site using the purchase receipts inquiry window and reports.
> Before multibin, I can see your point, ie, you'd want to think of each site
> as a bin, but I can't think of any reason why you'd want to do that anymore.
>
> Am I missing something here?
>
> --
> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only.
> "bforeman" <bforeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If a client is Multi Site and wants to use MRP, the recommended solution
> > from
> > MBS is to enable Multi Bin functionality and treat the different physical
> > locations as bins.  Ultimately, the client controller will want to see
> > quantity and inventory value for a particular site (Bin in Great Plains).
> > If
> > they are using FIFO periodic as the valuation method for their inventory,
> > there is not a report that gives the different FIFO layers for an item
> > within
> > a bin.
> >
> > Our customers do not see Great Plains as a viable solution if they cannot
> > get the value of their inventory for a particular physical location.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3ca81132-09fe-4460-95e5-a76b73c15a7c&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
bforeman (2)

Detailed Sales Report Issues
From: "Stephen Zwarts" <stephen.zwarts@immix.co.za> Subject: Detailed Sales Report Issues Date: 09 January 2008 14:14 I have Two Detailed Sales reports, they have exactly the same info on with the exception of store details. As soon as i add Store Details i get an error. Please see error. --------------------------- Active Report --------------------------- Error reading report file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports\Custom - Detailed Sales R...

Linking worksheets after runnning report
O.k. please bear with me for this one I will try my best to explain. I am running a report (layout) using peoplesoft software and it returns the information in excel. When I run the layout the criteria is entered in one row, say A4 for example. The problem is that when I run the report (layout) the information expands. So I now have information in cel A4 - A10 (or wherever the data ends) on my layout worksheet. I want to link the layout worksheet to a different worksheet so I can format it, and display it in a more visually appealing manner. The problem is with the link. Before I...

User Security Report shows accessible items as non-a
Hi, Tech Knowledge 37004 details a problem with User Security Report. It is not scheduled for a fix. I am able to fix the window security by individually checking off the problem windows and then selecting MARK ALL. I have not tested this at a Class level yet and also have been unable to get it to work for Integration Manager file access. My questions: 1) Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue, perhaps at the Report Writer level. 2) Why does sa not have access the the Alternate Great Plains Windows and Reports? What is the difference in these windows/reports? thx, Doug T...

NEWBIE question. Fields with calculations correct on form not showing up on report?
I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows $0's. How do I get the report to show what's on my form? On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:00:37 -0800 (PST), p-rat <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk >types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. > >When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows >$0's. How do I ...

Change Default Add-in Folder
Great Day! Is there a way to change default add-in folder in Excel so in stead o going to the C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Applicatio Data\Microsoft\Addins\ it goes to my folder (C:/MyAddins). Thank you. Compound -- compoun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- compound's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38688 I think if you use Regedit to modify this key value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Gene...

Reports #8
Hello, Has anyone added item "on-hand" and "on-order" to the item movement report? Or maybe you know another report that shows item sales, on-hand and on-order? Thank you. Jim Jim - What is your email address? -- Jocelyn "Jimf" wrote: > Hello, > Has anyone added item "on-hand" and "on-order" to the item movement report? > Or maybe you know another report that shows item sales, on-hand and on-order? > Thank you. > Jim > I would be interested in a report to do the same. Please email to sales@windovers.com Thanks To...

Conditional Query Data in a Report
Is there a way to include the search criteria from a query in a report? More specifically, I use a date condition in a query to produce a report, and I'd like to add the date entered in the message box to the report. Is there a way to do that? If you are trying to do this using only a query and a report, I'm not familiar with a way. If you want to do this, the one way I know of is to use a form to "collect" the criteria that your query uses, then refer to the value entered in the form from within the report. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "sil...

Ability to add the object GUID to email templates, workflow email
It would be nice if the accountid, contactid, opportunityid, etc were available when creating e-mail templates or creating an e-mail from workflow. This would be VERY helpful in creating hyperlinks to the account, contact, etc in the e-mail you are sending. c360 has an "Email Link" tool. However it doesn't work with workflow or email templates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the ...

VAT report should be to print without using system password
Currently when print VAT report (used for UK), tools-routines-company-vat return, need to enter system password and then can print report. Should be able to print VAT report without entering system password. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Status Selection
I have set up an Access file which includes over 500 records of employees who have attended a required training class. They have two chances to pass, and the information is indicated as follows: Passed first training. (Y/N) Passed first exam. (Y/N) Eligible to attend second training. (Y/N) Passed second exam. (Y/N) However, there are those who signed up for the 1st class but had to cancel for any reason wherein this information is included in the Status field information. I finally was able to set up the query criteria for the Y/N columns, but the Status field only appears for those fou...

How do you record a partial stock exchange
I am using MSMoney standard 2003 edition. Back in 2001 ATTstockholders were allowed to exchange a portion of their shares for ATT Wireless shares. How do you record this type of transaction? A spin off or merger converts all the shares. I only convert 100 out of 230 shares. Thanks for your help In microsoft.public.money, pfl22@mindspring.com wrote: >I am using MSMoney standard 2003 edition. Back in 2001 >ATTstockholders were allowed to exchange a portion of their shares for >ATT Wireless shares. How do you record this type of transaction? A >spin off or merger converts...

Changing Status on Service Activity
hi I am using service activity to schedule services. I have set up a service called training and set the Show Time As field to reserved. What i want to now do is setup a workflow which says if the current time is greater than the scheduled time change the status to completed and generate an order. Can someone please advice me how to go about this,. Kind Regards Ridhima ...

Inventory Historical usage report
Does any one know what table or tables hold the Inventory uasge history. I am trying to write a report that will show toatl number of inventory items sold by year for each item number. I am on GP 9.0. I know this information is veiw by item number in the system but i need to get it out to excel asap. Thank you Ken You should be able to pull this information from the Inventory Transactions Amount History table (IV30300). You will have to summarize by year as you described where HSTMODUL = 'SOP'. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http...

Date in Report/Query
Hi. I have a report that has worked up until this past week. The query behind the report has the following expression: DateAuth: Format([CredAuthDate],"mm/dd/yy") If I type in 12/31/09....report works fine. Type in anything with "10" as the year and it fails. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I take off the format for the field it works. Is something different for the year 2010? This is an Access 2003 database. Thanks... I suggest applying criteria to an 'unformatted' field and turn off the display by unchecking the 'Sh...

stock quotes
How do I insert "live" stock quotes into a Excel 200 worksheet? Thanks in advance. CW > How do I insert "live" stock quotes into a Excel 200 worksheet? If the last digit was meant to be a zero (XL2000), then this won't work. If you have XL2002 or XL2003, then try http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=485FCCD8-9305-4535-B939-3BF0A740A9B1&displaylang=en HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "CHW" <pow67@optonline.net> wrote in message news:F_5%i.348$wR2.335@newsfe09.lga... > > Thanks in advance. > > CW > g...

How can I add tabs to Bluetooth devices with windows default drive
I want to add an extension profile like FTP to windows default bluetooth driver stack and show a tab when right click on the bluetooth icon. It is said that "By impltmenting a shell proterty handler for the application" in Bluetooth Wireless Technology FAQ. I've tried that but it is only add a property sheet in Bluetooth settings, and my question is how to add a tab in the context menu just like "send a file" tab. Does it need a ContexMenuHandler and where should I registe it? ...

Standard Reports on CRM 3.0
I am trying to setup CRM 3.0; I have set it up on sql 2005 and migrated the data from ACT with no errors. when I click on reports in workplace a message is displayed - an error has occurred - contact the system administrator. I ran the environment diagnostic tool and no errors appeared. Can anybody point me in the right direction to resolve this. For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log onto the Microsoft CRM Server. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed. Open the web.config and chang...

Add chart
Hi, Can anybody find what is wrong with this code? It will just make a empty chartobject. I believe the ranges are ok, it probably is some bad syntax or object reference... The code should make a chart with two series of xlColumnClustered and one serie of xlLineMarkers. Thank you /tskogstrom --------------------------------------- CODE: Sub UppdateChartCF() Dim cht As Chart Set cht = Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Chart On Error Resume Next '(if no chartobject) Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Delete On Error GoTo EndCode 'Left and Top location = named ranges With Shee...

Status Reason Error
I am trying to edit available selections on Lead Status Reason. However when I try to save it give me an standard error message to see my administrator. I have administrator and customizer permissions. Any ideas on why this is occuring and how to fix? thanks in advance. ...

Daily Sales Report #2
Hi, I work in a retail outlet that opens at 10:00 am and stays open until around 12:30/01:00am the next day. When we run the daily sales report it will only pick up from 12-12midnight. Due to this we have a headache in Finance trying to tally up the figures. Is there anyway to specify the time and date from a report in RMS or do I need to look at some other reporting software? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Regards Ken Hi Ken, My company, Professional Advantages has Analysis Cubes for RMS. This product is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering anal...

Report codes for Matrix Parent
I'm preparing for an upgrade from QS2000 and would like to know if th following is possible. I'm testing the demo version of RMS an imported my database. I'm a shoe and apparel store and matrixes ar very important to us. My reseller has recommended the Retail Real Fashion bundle, but I would like to try something else in th meantime.. I've modified a Detailed Item Sales report and would like to ad columns for the following items associated with the Matrix Paren Item Matrix Lookup Cod Matrix Descriptio Matrix Dimension 1 (I want to see the value associated with Chil item I...

Add fields to Activities list
Hi, Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? Michael Nope, there is no supported way to customize activities. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities >lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list >of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does >not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? > ...

Report Total
I have a query with total quanity shipped by date. I want a report that will show total shipped by month showing all months of year. I have one showing total for each month but don't know how to get each month total on one report. Thanks! On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:32:01 -0800, walters <walters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a query with total quanity shipped by date. I want a report that will >show total shipped by month showing all months of year. I have one showing >total for each month but don't know how to get each month total on one &...

Paid out report
Is anyone aware of a report that will let you view paid out details. I need something to show me date, amount, to who and the cooment. ...

Is there a macro to automatically add a title?
I have imported a project timeline into visio. I would like the project title to automatically appear in visio. How can I do this? Thanks Elaine ...