Activating Field Level Security

We were just wondering how to activate field level security.  We are using
advanced security, and it shows that field level security should be available
on the menus, but we're not sure if this is an extra module or not.  If so,
any info or fact sheets would be appreciated.  Thank you.

The menu option "Field Level Security " is available in System Setup menu.

Setup->System->Field Level Security
"ConnollyandCo" wrote:

> We were just wondering how to activate field level security.  We are using
> advanced security, and it shows that field level security should be available
> on the menus, but we're not sure if this is an extra module or not.  If so,
> any info or fact sheets would be appreciated.  Thank you.
0
Shariq (273)
2/9/2006 5:22:51 PM
The issue we're having is that "Field Level Security" is not available in
that menu.  Advanced Security shows that the field should be there, but it is
not.  Does this have to be purchased separately?

"Shariq" wrote:

> The menu option "Field Level Security " is available in System Setup menu.
>
> Setup->System->Field Level Security
> "ConnollyandCo" wrote:
>
> > We were just wondering how to activate field level security.  We are using
> > advanced security, and it shows that field level security should be available
> > on the menus, but we're not sure if this is an extra module or not.  If so,
> > any info or fact sheets would be appreciated.  Thank you.
Field Level Security is an additional module requiring additional licensing.

"ConnollyandCo" wrote:

> We were just wondering how to activate field level security.  We are using
> advanced security, and it shows that field level security should be available
> on the menus, but we're not sure if this is an extra module or not.  If so,
> any info or fact sheets would be appreciated.  Thank you.
0
SteveChapman (349)

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

Service Activities
We would like Appointments/Service Activities to show up in Outlook Web Access for our tech's so they can check for new appointments/service activities throughout the day. The problem as I understand it is, if they have their laptops with them, there is no way for Outlook to get updates from CRM (short of VPN) and so OWA wouldn't be current. Does anyone know of a way whereby our Dispatcher could schedule a service call or appointment and it would show up in OWA even though their laptops/CRM Outlook clients were disconnected from the network? Thanks, Neil ...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

my brain not comprehending the yes/no field
I have a db that enters orders. The "product" (insurance plan) has one price but 20 different "attributes" in any combo of one choice to many (plan types like medical, dental etc...) and with one "price" (premium). The plan types must show up on one line in a report with one price (they are not deliminated per plan type). The easiest way for personnel to enter all the plan types would be yes/no check boxes on the input form. My problem is I can't figure out how to make those "yes"es equal the plan name in the report! I know, it's proba...

Microsoft Active Directory
I am getting the following error when trying to modify anything on the Exchange General Tab of a user object: The operation failed. ID no: 80004005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension I believe this is a permissions issue. Any ideas? Does this happen to all user objects ? What permissions do you have ? Are any of the fields on the user object not completed i.e. initials, first name, display name etc as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314034/en-us Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "COT-AD" <COTAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50D72ED-...

Auto-create activity from Mobile
Hi all, We have CRM 4.0 Roll Up 7. We are looking for a solution that offers advanced mobile integration to CRM. We would like the mobile client to auto-generate an Activity in CRM whenever a phone call is made to a CRM contact. Has anyone done this? //Johan Johan; There are a few vendors that offer good mobile solutions. I know for certain that MobileAccess from Ten Digits (http://www.tendigits.com/) has that specific feature. Dave Ireland "Jobro" <Jobro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B3A1D-E23E-4E49-933F-B221C0DD1ECE@microsoft.com... >...

Exchange 2010 & Active Sync
Hi All, Running Exchange 2010. I have my phone (iphone 3gs) syncing with exchange 2010 perfectly. However, trying to sync a new plam pro (win mobile 6.1) and getting errors. I think it's the account as doing a test-ActiveSync-Connectivity gives the following: Any ideas? RunspaceId : 962cea80-32ae-4e60-a5f1-67ed96cab519 LocalSite : Default-First-Site-Name SecureAccess : True VirtualDirectoryName : Url : UrlType : Unknown Port : 0 ConnectionType...

Need PO Generator Replenishment Level Help
I=92m confused as to exactly how the Replenishment Level works. On the Purchase Order Generator Item Maintenance screen you can select a Replenishment Level. There are 3 choices: Order Point Qty, Order Up- To Level and Vendor EOQ (if Order Method is set to Independent Site). Online help states: Order Point Qty Enter the quantity this item should be reordered at to maintain your desired stock, including a safety stock quantity. This quantity is used to calculate the quantity to reorder when you print the Purchase Advice Report. For example, if the reorder level is 10, and there are eight in...

Priority Level

How to Clear the AutoDetect Cache for the To: field
HI, When sending a message in Outlook, one begins to type the destination address in the To: field. Generally speaking if one has sent email to this address in the past then Outlook will auto detect and provide a suggested list of reciepients (know what I'm talking about???). Anyway, I know this feature can be disabled so one is never provided with a list of possible receipients but does anyone know how to clear this cache???? Thanks Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key ...

How to force the user to fill in values for yes/no fields ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a table with a number of yes/no fields. When a new record is started, I want the user to explicitly specify a value for each of these fields, e.g. by choosing one of two radio buttons associated with the field. Now, it was no problem for me to arrange an option group with two suitable radio buttons for each of these fields. The user can then choose explicitly between yes and no. However, all fields seem to have implicit values immediately after a new record has been started. Therefore, the new record can be stored in the db without the user making...

How to control what tabs are displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers
I do not see the value to allow the delegate to change the City, State, Country, Office. What am I doing wrong. (see info below) Also is there a way to limit the view of what is shown in Active Directory users and computers, so the Delegate only sees the General, Address, Telephone and Organization tabs? I know the step below lock them out of the other tabs, but there would be less confusion..even if it is registry hack on that local pc. Here are the steps I have done so far: Step 1. Create a Security Group Called 'XYZ' (call it what ever you want Step 2. Open Active Directory User...

Item Lookup Security
Is there a way to setup the user security for the item lookup button (for sales transactions) so that a user is able to see only a selected/ limited list of items and not ALL items? Aman, Currently this doesn’t exist out of the box, but it could be customized in several ways as described below: 1. If you are familiar with Dexterity you can follow David’s proof of concept about data level security in his post below: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/08/13/row-level-filtering-proof-of-concept.aspx 2. You can create smart-list filtered for the needed...

Help with SQL- SupplierList cost into Item cost field
Hi, re-posted! See below. Hi, thanks for that- it worked perfectly. There is just one snag however and I didn't think of it until I was testing. Many of the suppliers use specific currencies so the information I need copied from the Supplier tab is actually the Local Cost. When I view the SupplierList table, Local Cost doesn't appear as a column. Is it just a calculation based on exchange rates for information or does it actually exist somewhere within the database? Your help once again would be much appreciated. T. "convoluted" wrote: > Hi Tara - backup your...

ONDIRTY MOVE TO NEXT FIELD
Hi, I have a combo box, when I hit Y (yes) I would like to save a keystroke and have the cursor move to the next field. How would I do that? I tried ONDIRTY but it gave me an error and couldn't move. Thanks in advance, Bonnie Try the AfterUpdate event of the combo box. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0068FF95-2485-4FA7-B59A-4BA9A1E1CF86@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a combo box, when I hit Y (yes) I would like to save a keystroke > and > have the cursor move to the...

Is it possible to increase Word's 9 levels of outlining?
Word 2007 permits up to 9 levels of outlining. Is it possible to expand the levels, say to 11 or 12? You can try the workaround described in the following thread: 18 levels of numbering without tears http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.word.numbering/browse_frm/thread/10cfb9ee4c92dd6c/61ec9b5e1bb47320?hl=en-us But note that three or four levels are quite sufficient for most texts. With more levels, it will be difficult to grasp the structure. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "GEM" <GEM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7...

Contributor level icons
Why do contributor level icons show up in some Access newsgroups, but not in others? Do they only apply to selected newsgroups within Access, or to the Access Newsgroup as a whole? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 08:22:01 -0800, Dale Fye <dale.fye@nospam.com> wrote: >Why do contributor level icons show up in some Access newsgroups, but not in >others? Do they only apply to selected newsgroups within Access, or to the >Access Newsgroup as a whole? The icons are not part of the newsgroups at all. They are an additional ...

keep lover level bullet list with previous bullet
Word 2007. I have a Heading then some paragraphs. Then a bullet list. How do I prevent a page from breaking in the middle of a lower level bullet list? In other words, how do I keep lower level bullets with it's upper level? For example: Many paragraphs o upper level bullet aaa - one aaa - two aaa - three aaa o upper level bbb - one bbb - two bbb - three bbb Right now I run out of room on the page and -two bbb goes to the next page. I can highlight the "bbb"s and under Paragraph/line and Page Breaks check Keep Lines Together. I may nee...

how to replace fields
Hi all, I am new to Ms access, would like to know how to replace fields with some specific values, i.e. want to replace all records with a field named MONTH by "May". What should I do? Thanks. thanks a lot, will change the field name as advised. I am just rewritting some Visual Fox-pro programs by Ms Access as our copy of VFP is in very low version that our PC can't support. The purpose of the program I am studying is to import some monthly report data and append to a master file. That's why we have to replace the newly added records by the current month value ...

FA Manager* Security Setting Is Weird
Hi, I found out the security setting in V10 is working werid... For example, there is a predefined Role called "FA Manager*". Its description states that this role can do everything for FA management. However, when I looks at the securtity tasks under this role, there is no task that actually say that this role can do "Retire Asset". The most possible task would be "TRX_FIN_FA01", but it does not contain any windows relating to retiring asset. But the user with the FA Manager* role assigned CAN retire the asset. I don't how this can ...

scroll field reset
Somehow have gotten my scroll bar in worksheet set so that moving it just one centimeter moves me from the top to the bottom of my working field. Since my field is 3000 rows, it makes it awkward to use. Can anyone tell me how to reset it so that scrolling top to bottom just takes me from the top to the bottom of my working area rather than the whole worksheet? anand Hi Anand! I think you can resolve this issue, by resetting the last cell (delete all rows and columns that doesn't contain any data), see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=244435 for details about this. Best regards...

CRM and Great Plains Customer Notes Fields
Hi all, Just checking on the CRM/GP integration. I see that using Biztalk Customers in GP can be Accounts/Contacts in CRM. I just wanted to see about the notes of GP Customers and CRM Contacts. Are these shared as well? Can a person edit fully in GP and then have them show up in CRM or vice versa? Just want to make sure of this before proceeding. Thanks. Tavis ...

security: domain admins can open any mailbox etc
Hi, We use exchange 2003 Ent and any member of domain admin group can open any mailbox and has even send as permissions. i have added the DWORD value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\ExAdmin: Value Name: ShowSecurityPage Data Type: REG_DWORD Value: 1 and see the domain asmin listed but all allow options are selected and greyed out. Is it standard for Domain admins to have such hugh priviledges and if No then how can I cut their access down? Thanks -- George I have the same setup and Domain\Admin users have all allow option gray out but the associated external account....

Money Plus not activated for just one Vista user
I posted a message over two hours ago and it never appeared. Sorry if this turns out to be a duplicate. I recently installed and activated Money Plus Deluxe after using the demo. The problem is that when I run it under my normal, restricted Vista account the program reports that it needs to be activated. I reactivate the program under that account and am told that it was successful, but the next time I start the program it reports that it needs to be activated again. The problem does not occur for other accounts on the computer. It only happens on the one Vista account that I actu...

Why doesn't active quote get used in Pipeline report?
Here's the scenario I'm trying to model: 1. Create opportunity. Manually enter a ballpark figure of $10,000. 2. Work the opportunity a bit, and determine the needs. 3. Create a quote, adding existing products, for a total of $15,000, and activate it. 4. Run the pipeline report. Revenue is $10,000 5. Go to opportunity and change to system-calculated. 6. Save and close. 7. Run pipeline Result: Revenue is zero. Expected Result: Revenus is $15,000 I'd expect that if I activate a quote, the quote now drives the forecast revenue for that opportunity. I would expect that when I acti...