Accounts for customers - econnect

Hi, How I can specify the accounts for customers??? I've used
taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd xml but there isn't any fields where I can put the
Sales account, Cost of Sales account, etc, in the customers maintenance I can
specify them, I have great plains 7.5, eConnect 7.5.
Regards
0
csuma (4)

Unfortunately, there is no eConnect node that can be used to specify
the distribution on the customer record. To roll out proper accounts,
we first created Customer Class - then manually updated every account
on each class - and then we assigned it customer to that class and it
takes care of the distribution.

0
rrs1977 (140)
10/26/2005 9:19:27 PM
VJ is correct on 7.5 that ability is just not there - the nice thing is when
you go to 8.x and load any version of eConnect 8.0.3.0 or newer the fields
are there for you to populate.

I suppose you could write something on 7.5 and use the 5 User Defined Fields
that eConnect gives developers in each of it's nodes (the fields are listed
below) and pass a value for the account number or account index whatever you
want.  Then you could write some code in the post procedure
(taUpdateCreateCustomerRcdPost) to come back and update your customer number
and place that value in for the accounts.  I would think that would work and
wouldn't be too hard to write.

Just a thought to maybe help you out until you can get to 8.0.3.0 of
eConnect and have that functionality available.

Here are those fields you could use:

@I_vUSRDEFND1 	char(50) = '',	    	/* User Defined field - developer use
only								*/
@I_vUSRDEFND2 	char(50) = '',	    	/* User Defined field - developer use
only								*/
@I_vUSRDEFND3 	char(50) = '',	    	/* User Defined field - developer use
only								*/
@I_vUSRDEFND4 	varchar(8000) = '',	/* User Defined field - developer use
only								*/
@I_vUSRDEFND5 	varchar(8000) = '',	/* User Defined field - developer use
only								*/

Hope that helps,

Jeff

"VJ" wrote:

> Unfortunately, there is no eConnect node that can be used to specify
> the distribution on the customer record. To roll out proper accounts,
> we first created Customer Class - then manually updated every account
> on each class - and then we assigned it customer to that class and it
> takes care of the distribution.

0
jg (155)
10/27/2005 3:00:10 PM
There are User Defined fields available to add this information.

"csuma" wrote:

> Hi, How I can specify the accounts for customers??? I've used
> taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd xml but there isn't any fields where I can put the
> Sales account, Cost of Sales account, etc, in the customers maintenance I can
> specify them, I have great plains 7.5, eConnect 7.5.
> Regards
0
Shariq (273)

Custom ListView row height
I have a need to change the row height of items on a LIstView. One subitem, in all rows, contains a paragraph of information. I would like to adjust the each rows height to enable the view to read the paragraph. I have searched for samples that would assit and have come up dry. Could someone show me the basic structure/steps for setting up this process using a ListView Object. If you can point me to some sample code for use in and MDB, that would help. Thanks ...

Custom Number Format #4
hi there, I�ve got a list of equipments that are tagged with the company� inventory number. Each item has its own tag which�s composed by eigh characters and the first is separated by an "-" , like this example *1-0012345*. Unfortunately the list is generated by an old system that can hold onl 12 character tags and doesn�t support any other symbols. Therefore, it puts a couple of ZEROS to replace the " - " symbol, an another couple of ZEROS at the end to sum up 12 characters. In the end the tags look like: *100001234500*. How can I format the tag column to display the o...

eConnect and
When trying to call the eConnect routine ('‘taPopEnterMatchInvLine’') to populate a POP Shipment\Invoice I get the following error: '4850 Item Number/Vendor Item number is not assigned to the Vendor' I have resorted to manually populating the IV00103 table - but this does not help and I still get the same error as above. Any ideas of what else I could look for to try resolve? P.S. Is the ‘taPopEnterMatchInvLine’ routine the right routine to populate a shipment\invoice or should I be using a different one? If so which one? Thank you Neil Hi Neil, To populate the Shipmen...

Dynamics Customer from Submitted Order
When I submit an order, the customer comes into Dynamics as a new and different customer than the one in CRM...even though I select the customer in CRM, Dynamics picks up this existing customer information and uses it to create a new customer...the new customer in Dynamics is using the Customer Name in CAPS as the Customer Number in Dynamics....does this mean that two fields are incorrectly mapped somewhere? If so, where do I look to change it? If not, what does it meanor how can I fix this? -- Steve ...

Heelp...the "begin with" custom filter does not work
I have series of data which i want to manage. For this, i used the custom autofilter. Everything of this filter works, except the "begin with" and "end with" filter! I don't know why. Really, i have tried everything.... Could anybody help me on this please!!! Hi works fine for me, could you please type out a sample of your data and explain what you have chosen in the "custom" box. Cheers JulieD "Question_from_holland" <Question_from_holland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E47AD528-64B4-4330-A0CD-078AB2C231FF@microsoft...

custom format #2
Hi This is our problem, we have set up a custom format for credit card number,. lit this 0000-0000-0000-0000 When we imput the numbers the last digit is always changed to a zero, no matter what number is input. ANy help will be greatly appreciated. EM FSLF Excel only takes 15 numbers so format as text -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Elsie M" <emiller@fslf.org> wrote in message news:Owc41m1xEHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > This is our problem, we have set up a custom format for credit card number,. > lit this > 0000-0000-000...

Add Customer Number function to Collection Letters in Word
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4ebaf404-f91c-4b9d-bb55-154107fbe00b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains What do you mean by your request? -- Charles All...

Is there an Outlook backup tool for *.pst AND (!) address book/account/registy settings
A lot of backup utilities offer only backup functionality for the *.pst folder. Is there a tool which offers additionally a backup of the current adress book and account settings which are stored in the registry? Tom Here's what I use- it's been a good program, works as advertised. http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Backup/Review_39993_index.html "Tom Parson" <tom.parson@gm.com> wrote in message news:ctu4hb$el8$04$1@news.t-online.com... >A lot of backup utilities offer only backup functionality for the *.pst >folder. > Is there a tool which offers addit...

Excel 2007
Hi everyone! I am sorry if this is a repeat of a common question, but so far I only found contradictory information on this: For scientific charting I depent on the "add custom error bars" function which was running well in excel 2003: you could easily indicate a column in your data as x/y errors in a chart. Now I am running the trial version of excel 2007 - and the function is gone! Does anyone know if this feature is implemented meanwhile in excel 2007 and how to use it?? Single values as general error bars are not helpful for me and I am wondering what sense this reduced...

Importing Customers
Can someone tell me how to import customers into RMS. Thank You Your supplier can offer you a importing utility for that reason or you can buy a really good utility here "EMS MS SQL": http://www.ems-hitech.com/mssqlutils/index.phtml#msimport "Paul" wrote: > Can someone tell me how to import customers into RMS. > > Thank You ...

How do I create custom colors in a graph, outside normal options?.
I have created a graph that have tracked data above and below "0". I need to color say, from 0 to +5 green, +5 to +10, yellow and anything above 10, red. The same goes for below "0". I need 0 to -5 to be green, -5 to -10 yellow and anything -10 and more to be red. I cannot seem to locate any data on how to do this. Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Queen Victoria wrote: > I have created a graph that have tracked data above and below "0". I need to > color say, fro...

Setting up WLM for a second user account
I am unable to set up WLM for a second user. I have been able to. set up WLM on my user (administrator) account. When I attempt to set up WLM from the second users account I receive the message "WLM is not available, it has not been properly installed". Login to the second account. download and install WL Mail from get.live.com. The install shouldn't take as long as you've already got most of the components installed on your system. Some of the components are global (accessable from any account) but some are installed to your local user profile, which is why y...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Chart axis custom date format
Dear all! Excel 2003, charting. On Y axis I have scale from 0 to 7, and when I go to "format axis- number-custom" I can input formula "[Blue][<4]#.###,0;[Red][>4]#.###, 0;#.###,0" which colors the scale as I would like. On X axis I have dates (1.jan.06, 1.feb.06, 1.mar.06....1.jun.08). Is it possible to write similar formula as above on x axis - for instance if date is less than 1.jan.07 then color it red, if less than 1.jan 08 than color it blue? This would allow to have on X axis only date format "mmm" and the colors would help differentiate between yea...

Workflow
hi I am wanting to do a workflow which basically says when a new account is created and if the parent account feild is null then create a task however when i am implementing this workflow i cant find the field called parent account , under the account entity even though it exists on the form can someone please advice me where i am going wrong ... thanks heaps in advance regards Ridhima Parent account is not exposed on the account entity. you can write a .net custom assembly action that will retrieve the record and check the parent account field and return boolean. you can then use th...

Can't open opportunities, accounts, contacts, etc. in web
Hi, I have a new install of CRM 1.2 and I'm having trouble with the web client. Most everything works fine except that I can't open any of the records that I create. As soon as I roll the mouse over a record (opportunity, lead, accounts, contacts, etc.) the "Error on Page" shows in the bottom left-hand corner of the page. If I right-click a record the pop-up menu shows but none of the menu items will execute (e.g. Open). This seems to happen in all client computers. I have installed the XP SP2 Hotfix on the clients and the server but still no fix. Thanks, Dan ...

econnect integration error
Hi, I am using econnect 9 on windows 2000 professional system On integrating data from client machine with integrated security, system throws a message "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." We have workstation based network, not domain users , can i connect from client machine to SQL server on a different machine through econnect without domain based user network?. System allowing me to install econnect from client machine to SQL server on a different machine, but on integration am getting the error Please ...

Offering Customers Cash Back
I have never yet offered customers cash back, and want to start doing it as lots of our customers ask for it. Can anyone outline the procedure they use for processing the transaction? I use a seperate visa card terminal, it doesnt go through RMS. Any info/advise would be greatly appreciated! You should use RMS system Citi Bank is way cheaper than other and You can rid off small terminal and other thing You can set autometic cash back fee. "Philip Gass" <philip@creativegardens.net> wrote in message news:Ot10PJWEHHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have never yet offe...

Change order in project accounting
Good day my customer is using project accounting module for GP 10, he is trying to generate a new change order for one the project cost categories, when he tried to select one of the project cost categories that having a posted & billing transactions, he got the following message "there are posted transactions attached to this budget", so does it means that the system will not allow me to generate any change orders for the cost categories having a posted transactions ?, if yes, I think it is against the live business scenarios Regards Did you ever get an answer to this ...

Outlook 2003
Hello, How many accounts is it possible to have in outlook 2003 at the same time? I am trying with 9 accounts. Test of each individual account is ok, but only 7 accounts are being used during send/receive. Regards Jacob 9 isnt a problem What type of accounts are they - pop , imap or? "Jacob J�rgensen" <gismoREMOVE@12move.dk> wrote in message news:49666703$0$90275$14726298@news.sunsite.dk... > Hello, > > How many accounts is it possible to have in outlook 2003 at the same time? > > I am trying with 9 accounts. Test of each individual account is ok, but...

Agriculture & small business accounts set up
I just purchased MS Money 2004 Small Business Plus. My OS is XP Home. It appears that the software will not import MoneyCounts, I have used since 1992, to manage all of my agricultural and two other home based business and household expenses. One of my tax forms is the Schedule F; therefore my question: How do I enter into Money04 the nearly 150 assorted accounts I have in MoneyCounts including household, businesses expense, income and depreciation accounts for the different tax schedules? I noticed the Schedule C form but searching for "farm" and "agriculture"...

custom format cells
How can i format a cell so 1.564.524 can be transformed in 156.45?? I think in format cells > custom. But how?...thanks -- puiuluipui ------------------------------------------------------------------------ puiuluipui's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26799 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400596 Hi puiuluipui, Assuming you want the number 1564524 to format as 156.45 the custom format is "0.00," (enter everything between the quotes) Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net/ > How can i format a c...

Problem in "Auto Generate Customer Id"
Hi I have a form named Frmcustomers. in this i have a field called "PartyId" which was auto number generating field. I used the following code for this. Me!PartyId = Nz(DMax("[PartyId]", "[TblParties]")) + 1 Now I want that the code should check the field "PartyId" and make increment in the id which starts from 65.... Example 65001 65002 65003 65004(+1) and so on..... while this field also has some id's starting from 61, 62 and 67 for example 61001, 61002, 61003..... 62001, 62002,.......... 67001,67002,......... Thank You ...

Passing UserGUID to the Custom Role Provider
I am implementing a Custom Membership and Role Provider against SQL Database using Visual Studio 2010. Most of the data on the website is associated with the UserGUID rather than the UserName. On the membership provider I am storing the userGUID as follows: HttpContext.Current.Session.Add("UserGuid",System.Convert.ToString(reader["UserGuid"])); I can easily access this value on any of web pages However on my Custom Role Provider the HttpContext.Current.Session is null. Question 1 Where do I store the UserGUID on my membership provider so I access it on my R...

eConnect SOP Post Procedure #2
Hello! We are attempting to update the batch ID of an SOP order immediately after completing the integration of that order. The logic for this update is based on whether or not any process holds exist for the order. We would prefer to run this update as a post procedure in the process hold insert (taSopUpdateCreateProcessHold), but there is no post-procedure available for this node. When we attempted to include the logic as part of the header insert (taSopHdrIvcInsert), it did not pick up the process holds... we suspect the taSopUpdateCreateProcessHold node had not yet been run at the mome...