Account Segments not displaying properly Trial Balance

We have 4 workstations running GP 10.0.

On 2 of the workstations, when we print/display the Trial Balance the 2 and
3rd segments of the account number do not display properly.

Our account number consists of 3 segments, acctnum-branch-region

We have over 80 branches and without the branch number displaying properly
the Trial Balance from these 2 workstations is useless.

I have tried to download and update the newest printer drivers as per
Crystal Reports, updated video card drivers, use Named Printers and so far I
have not had any luck.

Anyone have an idea?  I have pasted an example below, Thanks.

Account:  74900-   10-               Description:

It should be 74900-1111-00

--
Phil Gilbert
Free Radical, LTD.

On the two workstations, open the Dex.ini (in the Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Data
folder) and set the Initial=False to Initial=True.  Then start GP Utilities
and let the account framework syncronize on the workstation.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"frdbadf" wrote:

> We have 4 workstations running GP 10.0.
>
> On 2 of the workstations, when we print/display the Trial Balance the 2 and
> 3rd segments of the account number do not display properly.
>
> Our account number consists of 3 segments, acctnum-branch-region
>
> We have over 80 branches and without the branch number displaying properly
> the Trial Balance from these 2 workstations is useless.
>
> I have tried to download and update the newest printer drivers as per
> Crystal Reports, updated video card drivers, use Named Printers and so far I
> have not had any luck.
>
> Anyone have an idea?  I have pasted an example below, Thanks.
>
> Account:  74900-   10-               Description:
>
> It should be 74900-1111-00
>
> --
> Phil Gilbert
> Free Radical, LTD.
0
info4071 (3005)
1/31/2009 10:00:00 PM
I believe here that Richard means "Synchronize=TRUE" and not Initial=TRUE as
he mentions.

patrick
dev support

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in
message news:0CD8473B-7F1A-4580-8DEA-441C042E8504@microsoft.com...
> On the two workstations, open the Dex.ini (in the Microsoft
> Dynamics\GP\Data
> folder) and set the Initial=False to Initial=True.  Then start GP
> Utilities
> and let the account framework syncronize on the workstation.
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "frdbadf" wrote:
>
>> We have 4 workstations running GP 10.0.
>>
>> On 2 of the workstations, when we print/display the Trial Balance the 2
>> and
>> 3rd segments of the account number do not display properly.
>>
>> Our account number consists of 3 segments, acctnum-branch-region
>>
>> We have over 80 branches and without the branch number displaying
>> properly
>> the Trial Balance from these 2 workstations is useless.
>>
>> I have tried to download and update the newest printer drivers as per
>> Crystal Reports, updated video card drivers, use Named Printers and so
>> far I
>> have not had any luck.
>>
>> Anyone have an idea?  I have pasted an example below, Thanks.
>>
>> Account:  74900-   10-               Description:
>>
>> It should be 74900-1111-00
>>
>> --
>> Phil Gilbert
>> Free Radical, LTD.

0
prot1 (1345)
2/1/2009 3:54:44 AM
Thanks Patrick, it was a long day yesterday......
--

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> I believe here that Richard means "Synchronize=TRUE" and not Initial=TRUE as
> he mentions.
>
> patrick
> dev support

> "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in
> message news:0CD8473B-7F1A-4580-8DEA-441C042E8504@microsoft.com...
> > On the two workstations, open the Dex.ini (in the Microsoft
> > Dynamics\GP\Data
> > folder) and set the Initial=False to Initial=True.  Then start GP
> > Utilities
> > and let the account framework syncronize on the workstation.
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "frdbadf" wrote:
> >
> >> We have 4 workstations running GP 10.0.
> >>
> >> On 2 of the workstations, when we print/display the Trial Balance the 2
> >> and
> >> 3rd segments of the account number do not display properly.
> >>
> >> Our account number consists of 3 segments, acctnum-branch-region
> >>
> >> We have over 80 branches and without the branch number displaying
> >> properly
> >> the Trial Balance from these 2 workstations is useless.
> >>
> >> I have tried to download and update the newest printer drivers as per
> >> Crystal Reports, updated video card drivers, use Named Printers and so
> >> far I
> >> have not had any luck.
> >>
> >> Anyone have an idea?  I have pasted an example below, Thanks.
> >>
> >> Account:  74900-   10-               Description:
> >>
> >> It should be 74900-1111-00
> >>
> >> --
> >> Phil Gilbert
> >> Free Radical, LTD.

0
info4071 (3005)

Two domains and two users
(1) I have domain A and domain B (2) I have user A in domain A and user A in domain B (basically same user name but created at different time - different SIDS) (3) I want to remove domain A but copy user A SID info into user A of domain B - basically merge the SID of two accounts into domain B Question: ======= (1) How do I merge two accounts together into one account - merge SIDS of two accounts into one account? I HAVE NO Option such as delete destination account and recreate so PLEASE do not provide me that alternative or explanation - even if it is the easiest. Thank you k...

pop Accounts
Hi can anybody tell me how i can share my global address list with pop3 users. I am using exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 Cheers -- John On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 04:14:01 -0700, "pepps" <pepps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi can anybody tell me how i can share my global address list with pop3 users. > >I am using exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 > >Cheers The GAL you see in Outlook is just a function of AD. You will need to have a connection available to AD and an LDAP search capability. For POP3 users you can make your GAL portable with help from: http://ww...

How to set up multiple users with same email account
I currently have the following set up on my XP Home SP3 using Outlook Express 2 user accounts on XP (mine and my wife's) 3 email accounts - all from one ISP (pop3) - (one for me only, one for my wife only, one for both of us) The address book is shared out to all email accounts. As Outlook Express is not supported in Windows 7 and I am not too keen on Windows Live Mail, I was thinking of moving over to Outlook 2003 (which I also have). Is it possible to set up the same construct I have with OE using Outlook 2003 and how is such a thing possible. I have seen articles ...

How do I set up my Hotmail account in Outlook when I have a DSL l.
By setting up a new account using most likely the POP settings. You will need server information from your DSL provider... in fact, they usually have very simple instructions to follow as to how to set up Outlook to check your email. It is different for each service provider as they will have different incoming and outgoing mail servers. "lahnpease@hotmail.com" <lahnpease@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C26E59E-F2EF-45F8-BE9A-567ED99C4857@microsoft.com... > lahnpease@hotmail.com <lahnpease@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Hotmail will not receive/display messages sent from GMX or Yahoo
Messages sent from a GMX or Yahoo account using Windows Live Mail will not be received/displayed in Hotmail's inbox. However, if they are sent using Outlook Express, they are successfully received and displayed. Also, a message sent from G-Mail using Windows Live Mail (or Outlook Express) will work fine. Very unusual! When you say "Hotmail inbox" do you mean the one on the web or the one in your Windows Live Mail? Are the missing messages not visible in either location? Hotmail has very stringent (some would say 'draconian') spam filtering. It is not ...

Question regarding Trial Version
I am not able to customize Forms (like Leads etc) using the trial version. Does anyone know whether i can login to MS CRM as Administrator to customize the forms? It currently says no privilege while clicking on Customize. the trial version is a fully-functioning version. you need to be granted the System Administrator role or, at minimum, the System Customizer role. by default, the user that installed the CRM will have the System Administrator role and will have the rights to grant that or any role to you. Dave "Ayyappa Das" <AyyappaDas@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

HELP!! Accounting Question
When I run a Tender Summary for specific days, I don't see a record of the Payments to Account that have been made for that specific day. Why? My accountant desperately needs to know why. Also, why when I run a Detailed Sales report and a Tender Summary for the same period, do the amount not match up. Thank you in advance for your help. See my new thread question from today for a better Z report that can be run from manager. I think we are talking about the same thing. Maybe someone out there can help. "knightsbridge" <knightsbridge@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Can you set up another email account in an early v of Outlook?
I need to set up an second email account in Outlook. This would be fine if they had the latest version but its not and on a Win95 machine. So can this be done? I can't even put Outlook Express v6 on as it doesn't like 95. Thanks Jen wrote: > I need to set up an second email account in Outlook. This would be > fine if they had the latest version but its not and on a Win95 > machine. So can this be done? I can't even put Outlook Express v6 on > as it doesn't like 95. > > Thanks What version of Outlook? ...

Duplicate Importance columns displayed.
I have a client using Outlook 2002 and th edisplay shows two Importance columns. Trying to remove one results in an outlib.dll error. Anyone ever see this before? Thanks ...

Balance of OT calculation
Hi Please help to set the formula for the calculation of "Balance of". Thanks 3 a b c d e f g h I 4 Apr 04 May 04 Jun 04 Jul 04 Aug 04 Sep 04 Oct 04 Nov 04 Dec 0 5Overtime: 1st 3 hrs 10.0 0.0 10.0 0.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 6 4th hrs 0.0 5.0 1.0 0.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 7Total claim 10.0 5.0 11.0 0.0 12.0 12.0 12.0 12.0 12.0 8Total set-off 3.0 11.0 1.0 17.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 9 10 B/F 7.0 1.0 11.0 (6.0) 5.0 16.0 27.0 38.0 49.0 11 12 Balance of: 13 April 7....

Display Query Results on top of a Form
I have a query which runs from a control button on a form. When the query runs, the results are displayed behind the form. The user then has to minimize the form in order to see the query results. How do you set the query results to display on top of the form? You could put the following line in the code for the On Click event of the button being pushed: DoCmd.Minimize That will minimize the form and the query should be on top. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Kristin M" wrote: &...

Money 2004
For some reason my transactions are being categorized but not tracked in one account. It's an AEX account which I use for most of my purchases. I have no idea what I did, but now, when I enter a transaction with category, etc...my thermometer doesn't register the additional transaction and it doesn't show in my budget! When I enter the same transaction in any other account, it shows. Anyone know how to fix this? It was working fine, but I must've done something. Appreciate any response. Phil Roos Go figure...after searching for hours for a solution...me typing this po...

How do you display Greek and Russian languages in excel?
I have Windows XP Professional and MS Office 2000 installed on my work computer. The excel spreadsheet I open (lexicon.tab) contains translations for about 10 European languages. The only 2 that dont display properly are Greek and Russian. These display on screen as messed up ascii characters. The font i'm using is "Arial" but i've also tried "Arial Unicode MS" without luck. When i change the "language for non-unicode programs" (under Regional and Language Options) from "English (Australian)" to "Greek" then restart the compute...

displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end
how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first record. how can i accomplish this? can any body help me out please........ hi Ravindar, ravindar thati wrote: > how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to > insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his > desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first > record. Tables in Access (in a database) are a differen...

Virtual user supports in exchange server (a email account without actually creating a email account)
I want to provide email service to my customer, but I don't want to create real user account and email account for each one. for example, I want to assign email like xyz123@mycompany.com to my customer, but I don't really have a email account named "xyz123" setup for it. Still, I want to be able to look at all the new email in the exchange server and extract those emails and doing somework accordingly. Does anyone know if Exchange server support this feature? If not, any other window based email server support it? Thank you so much for the help.. --Xin Chen In news:...

Finding Accounts with no related Contacts CRM 3.0
Hi, I am trying to find all accounts where there are no related contacts but cannot work out the advanced find syntax to do this. I presume I am just missing something obvious. any ideas. Thanks Justin Hi Justin, You are not missing anything. CRM does not support a NOT operator in queries. You can easily search for accounts that do have at least one contact, but the opposite does not work. The only workaround is a report or some kind of server task (service, plug-in, workflow) setting a count attribute in an account whenever a contact is assigned or removed from an account, so that y...

Multiple logins
Here is the scenario: My Fiancee & I share some of the same accounts. When she logs into the bank, she can see our joint accounts plus her personal accounts. The same for me. The issue is when I set Money up to pull from the bank, I get two of the same account. If I try to delete one of the duplicates, it tells me it has to delete all accounts from that login (including the history). I do not want to do this, but what can I do to save my sanity? Thanks! ...

How to Display
Hello From Steved I receive data each Day from 7 different Locations Col A I have 01-Jun the first to Last Day of the month. Col B I have Day formated as TEXT(A1, "ddd") Col C I have Data Based on a calendar Month. In your opinion how would I best design a database, so that the information can be displayed row wise per week. The reasoning behind this is so the data from a location can be checked against the day before. Data from a Location is similar, but from time to time the data can be wrong hence the need to put it in a format so that I can check for any errors. Thankyou. ...

changing passwords on system account
We have been requested to set our exchange service account from password never expires to user must change password at next logon. We are running in mixed mode with several exchange 2000 servers and a couple exchange 5.5 servers. Also, we have been requested to make the same change on the systemmailbox accounts that are created with each store. If we change those accounts to user must change password at next logon, what will happen if anything to the exchange 2000 servers, the exchange 5.5 servers and to any or all of the stores. Thanks - Mike Mike, If I understand you correctly it...

Money 2007 running balance BUG
Hi all, I was hoping someone else could help verify this. I'm using Money 2007, and I automatically download balances/transactions from my bank (Bank of America). I noticed today that my running balance (in Money) was way off from where I thought it should be; on investigation, I found that money is re-subtracting reconciled transactions in my register despite the fact they have already been subtracted from my account balance. Here's a fictional example of what I mean: I start the day with a $100 account balance, and make five transactions: Breakfast - $5 Lunch - $10 ATM Withd...

Writing Checks from an Investment Account
I've just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2007. I have a brokerage account from which I write checks using MSN Billpay. In the past, this has required a very awkward configuration: I've had to set up a dummy checking account from which to write the checks because either Money or MSN Billpay would not allow me to write checks from the cash side of an investment account. Has Money found a way to fix this problem? If so, how can I switch the association of my MSN Billpay payment account from the dummy checking account to the cash portion of the investment account? Or do I have to...

Outlook 2007 will not display email addresses!
I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem, yet I'm unable to find any information about this problem in any newsgroup, web forum, web page, etc... I just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. In an email message in Outlook 2007, if I double click on the name of the sender (or the receipient) nothing happens!!!! In Outlook Express, I would get a nice little window showing me their email address. How else can I find out the email address of a person? All I can see is their first/last name. Outlook is not an "upgrade" to Outlook Express. These two progr...

Allow customization of relationship view columns in the account
When viewing the "Relationships" section for an account, we cannot change the columns displayed in customizing and are limited to Party 1 Role 1 Party 2 Role 2 which is very limiting. It would be usefult to be able to add additional columns to better descripe the relationships based on fields maintained in the account or contact record. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

Not getting download of account transactions
I download my accounts from my bank's website and that ususally stores the transactions on Money (it has been spawned). As of yesterday when I try to download the transactions from bank's website I get nothing coming to my computer. I search of mny files but there is nothing. what is going on In microsoft.public.money, LC wrote: >I download my accounts from my bank's website and that >ususally stores the transactions on Money (it has been >spawned). As of yesterday when I try to download the >transactions from bank's website I get nothing coming to >m...

Properly adding CString struction to CList pointer
Hi, I have a member variable for my class that is declared: CList <PARAMITEMS, PARAMITEMS&>m_listParamItems; and it contains a structure with two CString variables, declared as: struct PARAMITEMS { CString strParamName; CString strParam; }; I have a memory leak in my application that is driving me nuts and the only place that I can locate it, is at this section of code: PARAMITEMS* pParam = new PARAMITEMS; pParam->strParamName = (const char*)"FIRST_PARAMETER"; pParam->strParam = strCString; // Test CString allocated with "String" m_listParamI...