Accessing historical payroll data after PR module has been deactiv

I have a customer that is going to de-activate their GP Payroll module to use
an outside Payroll service provider, but they still want to access their
historical Payroll data.  If they go thru the process of of formally
de-activating their Payroll module, and are issued new registration keys that
don't include Payroll, is there a way they can see their historical payroll
data past 1 year using the Inquiry function?  Is there a way to see the
historical information using the Report Writer?
Thanks,
Mark
0
mark564 (750)

Report Writer would probably work but you'd have to run the reports from
within it. I think the Payroll reports menu would go away. You could also use
any other reporting tools, like Crystal and SQL Reporting Services, that can
access the data.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Mark" wrote:

> I have a customer that is going to de-activate their GP Payroll module to use
> an outside Payroll service provider, but they still want to access their
> historical Payroll data.  If they go thru the process of of formally
> de-activating their Payroll module, and are issued new registration keys that
> don't include Payroll, is there a way they can see their historical payroll
> data past 1 year using the Inquiry function?  Is there a way to see the
> historical information using the Report Writer?
> Thanks,
> Mark
0
callen (2505)

MS Access Table missing
Guys, I'm looking at a database (Access2003) someone sent me and I see a Query, something like SELECT * FROM [Table 1] The problem is that there is no [Table 1] in table list, query list. In fact, there is no such object with the structure that I see when I open that original Query a=in design mode. The query opens and shows data.... Any thoughts? Few more observations: looks like this DB was converted before with errors; thiis DB uses linked tables Thanks! Dima. Assuming that this isn't a split database (do any forms show up?) with the tables in a separate...

"Remove access" to certain accounts in CRM 4.0
Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for specific users? Accounts they would otherwise have access to? I'm only talking about a very specific subset of the regular accounts in the business unit for which the person resides. Anyone have any experience with that? The simplest way is to move this accounts "VIP accounts?" into another business unit and set the access rights accordingly. Or you can use the team approach. Regards, Robert "Adam Pinilla" wrote: > Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for...

Access 2003 Security Message On Open
All, I have approximately 15 databases that I am about to migrate to Access 2003 from 2000. I do not want the security message to appear every time one of my users logs on to the database. Registry changes and digital signatures are out of the question. If I put Application.AutomationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityLow on open of my start up form will this prevent the warning message? Is there something I can put in the windows shortcut to turn this off? I have seen some suggestions were it is mentioned to call a script that calls the database to open in low security mode. Is this nec...

Creating a table into another Access database
Is there a VBA command or SQL statement for me to run a Make Table Query to create a table in another Access database? I would like to distribute several access databases to different groups with tables populated with data specific to the group. I don't want to create the tables in the main database and transfer the table, because there's many tables and it would probalby exceed the 2gb limit of MS Access. SELECT * FROM INTO [;Database=C:\Folder\File.mdb].Table1 FROM MyTable -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "anon" ...

One Line of Data Per Page of Report
When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 page report with 1 entry per page. Is there an easy way to solve this probelm? We are not very familar with access and need this problem solved. Thanks! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:03 -0800, Coutu <Coutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data >per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 >page report with 1 entry per pag...

how to active the ribbon Tab automatically when the form opens[Access 2007]
Dear I built a ribbon tab for a form. It works fine and when the form opening, the ribbon will be loaded fine. But it would be focus (or active) automatically. It still focus in the tab where I set now. Please help.!!urgent.!! Another question: is the callbacks for the ribbon always in Modules? I remember in Access 2003, the callbacks function could be in the form class modules. If all the callbacks should be in the Modules, does it mean we need distinguish which form or report is active now? Thank you very much. Jason Jiang Hi Ribbon is the new command bar system in office 2007...

Posting new data to PM & RM before year-end or fiscal period close
Hi GP Users, If I have already posted some new data before closing the old financial year, what are the possible problems that may happen when I close it? Any solutions to that? Thanks Andrew ...

Opening Access Database file
I am trying to open my access database file on my home computer but i get a message that i will not be able to make changes to it. Is there a way to work around it. By the way i had been using this file with GeoMedia. If any wizard can guide me in the right direction i will be thankful to him or her. Thanks, NED I'm not sure what GeoMedia is, but if you copied the file to your PC from elsewhere, the read-only attribute may be set. Try this ... Using either 'My Computer' or 'Windows Explorer', navigate to the folder that contains your MDB. Right-click the MDB and...

Access 1.10 MDV file conversions to
I have an old Access data base that has never been updated over the last decade. I have been told by a consultant that the new version of Access will not convert this earlier .mdv files to the current format. Does anyone know if this is the case? I assume you mean MDB files, and yes, it's true that the latest version of Access (Access 2003) cannot open Access 1.x files. To be honest, I forget the last version that was capable of converting those files. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "todd@mcadamsbuilders.com" <anony...

Grouping & Moving Data
I have a spreadsheet with data in the following format on sheet1: Col A col B 1 pos 2 pos 3 pos 4 neg 5 pos 6 neg 7 pos 8 neg 9 pos etc etc - possibly upto 1000+ rows Each group of 3 are results of different tests on the same sample. (In reality there are currently12 different results for each sample) I need to convert this on to sheet 2 to read as follows: A B C D etc 1 pos pos pos 2 neg pos neg 3 pos neg pos etc etc Any ideas how to do this ? Thanks Joh -- Message posted from http://www.Ex...

Refresh data in the quick journal transaction grid
Hi, I have a requirement to allow user to enter and save amounts in the quick journal setup screen. This is also required to update the amounts as soon as the user selects quick journal setup in the quick journal transaction screen. I have successfully updated the amounts in the database as soon as the user select the quick journal. But the transaction grid is not refreshing automatically. It refresh (get the updated amount from the database) only when I click any row in the grid. Can any body tell me how can I automatically refresh the grid as soon as I updates the amounts in the database. ...

Accessing Document in SDI
How do I access the document from the main frame in an SDI application? GetActiveDocument: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/cdc4chb3.aspx --- Ajay ...

Merging Modules
I have the following code that mostly works but I need some additional assistance to complete it. 1st set of code finds the last worksheet : it works well 2nd set of code should copy the current worksheet (last one found fro previous code) to new worksheet that is placed at the end and names th worksheet for me. : It creates a new worksheet at the end but does no copy the last worksheet 3rd set of code should copy Columns K to I. : I need help to have this use the current worksheet. Currently it uses a static worksheet. Thanks, JGM Sub GotoLastSheet() Dim i& For i = Sheets.Count To 1...

Any reason CurrentDb.TableDefs(0).Connect returns empty sting in Access 2007?
I use the function below to return the server or database name for various uses. However, now that we've switched to 2007 the line CurrentDb.TableDefs(0).Connect which used to return the connection string is returning an empty string. Any ideas? Thanks, Jeremy Function GetConnectionProperty(ServerOrDatabase As String) As String ' Returns name of connected server if "Server" passed in. ' Retuns name of connected Database if "Database" passed in. Dim sConnectionString As String Dim aConnectionPieces() As String Dim sConnectionPiece As String Dim i As ...

Highlight Data Points that change in Graph
Hi all Is it possible to highlight data points that change slope in Excel 2003 and if so how. Richard ...

How to access macros via tool buttons?
Excel v2007 When using v2003, I had many macros In my Personal.xls, which I accessed via custom tool buttons on many custom toolbars that I built. I now have version 2007, which includes my old Personal.xls with all my macros, but I want the easy access to those macros I used to have. Being the tool ribbon is a different system, what is now the strategy for fast button-clickable launching of macros? Are buttons built, menus, what? [I already know about the Quick Access Toolbar, but I have over a hundred macros I previously had divided onto several toolbars that I'd hide and s...

Replace Lost Payroll Check
What is the best way to replace a lost payroll check? Payroll Taxes from original check have already been paid in previous quarter. Barry ------=_NextPart_0001_AB64D0D8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Barry Thank you for using news groups! The check would need to be voided, then a new check issued through the normal Build/calculate/print checks process. When you void the check I would take notice of the void date. For example if you void the check on todays date (04/25/2008) it will back out all the wages, taxes, ect as of that date. If you then re-...

Subreport Data Listing Twice for Each Report Record
On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Any suggestions appreciated. -- Thanks, tbl tbl wrote: >On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing >out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Does the subreport diplay two records? If so, the problem is that your main report's record source query has a Join to the subreport's data source. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] in article bq9q83pdvsepjusn44j91g84rpveu5a9bk@4ax.com, Marshall Barton at marshbarton@wowway.com wrote on 7/5/07 1:18 PM...

Payroll Integration TTGDS Error
We set up a new payroll transaction integration. I can preview the file and all the data looks good. When we run the integration, we get this error: The destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: TTGDS Errors: TTGDS_ITEMALREADYEXISTS Does anyone know what this means? ...

Data format in pivot table
I am running a Pivot table on some swim data. Even though the data is formatted the same way "mm:ss.00", the fraction of the second is not showing up or is not part of the numbers in the Pivot table. Pivot table data Back 25 Breast 25 Fly 25 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:31.00 00:33.00 00:31.00 00:36.00 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:23.00 00:25.00 00:24.00 Data the Pivot table is based on 7 CMSA-SE 00:21.87 00:21.49 6 BMAC-SE 00:22.95 00:21.91 7 BMAC-SE 00:23.13 00:22.16 6 BMAC-SE 00:27.97 00:22.63 8 BMAC-SE 00:21.07 00:22.70 7 UN-SE 00:00.00 00:22.94 6 CMSA-SE 00:26.36 00...

allow folders in access
It's pretty common to have logical groupings of queries, reports and so on. It would be great if Access provided a grouping mechanism - via named folders or something similar - within the object management panes. For example, if I'm creating a report - MyReport - that has several subreports - MySubreport1, MySubreport2 and MySharedSubreportA - I could set things up in the Reports pane like this: - MyReportFolder [folder] MyReport [rpt obj] MySubreport1 [rpt obj] MySubreport2 [rpt obj] - MySharedSubreports [folder] MySharedSubreportA [rpt obj] Two things to note: ...

replicas de access
como puedo quitar las replicas de access -- "Por mi raza hablara el espiritu" If you mean 'removing' the replications features... you can start with http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1033/utility.asp?ItemID=7#7 (note that the site is multilingual). Vanderghast, Access MVP "victor kingobol" <dvarich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:289D68ED-F580-47C1-83B2-1743917FC6A6@microsoft.com... > como puedo quitar las replicas de access > -- > "Por mi raza hablara el espiritu" ...

Microsoft Outlook Web access #3
I use this to pull office emails at home. Up until Tuesday, this worked fine. Wednesday I was unable to get any new mail(said nothing to view) even though Wednesday is the one day I know there will be early morning mail as it it the day I get a newsletter. I had downloaded something on my office computer on Tuesday, so I uninstalled. When I got home, same thing . This time the response was a error symbol in lower left. Since I have Windows XP, I did a restore to Monday. Still nothing. I am still getting nothing to view or the error symbol with no additional information. Any ...

Program trying to access Outlook
I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft Security site. But now, whenever I try to create a new e- mail message, I get the warning that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. I click no....ie not allowing this, and the new message window opens. However, I keep getting error messages and requests to report errors to Microsoft. This never happened prior to up Office Upgrade. Any ideas what this is? Thanks. "bill h" said in news:17f7c01c419fa$8dcb5d10$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft > Se...

Access 2007 and windows 7 12-25-09
Under windows xp and vista. I was using a batch file to compact a database, now under windows 7 it does not work I get an error. EXAMPLE: "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb" /compact Now I get a message box saying that was a problem sending the command to the program. Thanks for the help OD "OD" wrote: > Under windows xp and vista. I was using a batch file to compact a database, > now under windows 7 it does not work I get an error. > > EXAMPLE: > > "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tra...