About Fixed Asset Management

Might I ask some questions about Fixed Asset Management?

1. While I select the currency ID (not functional currency), an error
message is prompted with the following information.

The Rate Type ID isns associated with Currency ID "XYZ"
Message Number: 30910071
But I can use that XYZ in payable transactions.

What should I do if I want to correct this mistake and use the
non-funcational currency?

2. I have selected "POST PM to FA". After I post payables transaction using
FA accounts in PURCHASE type, I can't find the purchase button appear in
Asset General Information Window.

What conditions should be fulfilled first having Purchase button appeared in
Asset General Information Window?

Thanks,
Alexis

0
Alexis (46)

How to fix account format sorting option in GP10.0
Hi, My client added a new company and found Tools>>Setup>>Company>>Account format>>Sorting option showing blank. They have another existing company showing correct sorting option. I understand that this setting needs to be defined when createing new company. Since they already have transactions in so that we can not do it over. Please advise if there is a way to fix this. Thanks in advance. Huan huan.cheng@calsoft.com This window displays the sorting options for the account framework during the original installation of Microsoft Dynamics GP. The sorting options ...

Integration Manager 9
I just uninstalled and reinstalled IM on a user's computer. He appears to be able to run integrations - but not the Integration Manager itself: Automation Error|The operating system cannot run %1. Source: TTGErrors Message: Automation Error|The operating system cannot run %1. Number: -247024714 I've read through some old posts here but can't quite find the solution. I have seen the solution before - it's just been a long time and I cannot remember. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Billie Dee Is this on Vista? What service pack of IM 9.0? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics G...

Outlook 03 and Business Contact Manager
Can you share the business contact manager with another PC without having exchange server? If so how is this done? No. Sharing is not possible in BCM. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Gordon Higgins" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1617201c41e6f$bee35870$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you share the business contact manager with another > PC without having exchange s...

Collections Management with MS Word Letters
Hi there I have just installed Dynamics v10 SP2 at a customer. I installed Collections Management. The default letter names appear but there is no content. I then designed my own letter using the Standard report writer. It worked until I tried to add a logo then all the detail disappeared from the letter. I then tried to use the First, Second and Final notice letters using Microsoft Word. If I select the Letter Writing button on the customer card it works fine. However if I try run the Print Letter option under the Collection Main screen then it open the Microsoft Word template of ...

401k switch to separately managed accounts ... NetBenefits...
My 401k switched to SMAs. When I download Money thinks it's the same as the old mutual fund. To keep my records "right" I have to manually change all transactions after download. I "think" I need to do that "disassociate" thing but in Money 2008 following the instructuctions leads me to an infinite loop. More info if necessary. ...

Deployment Manager Error (CRM 1.2)
We can manage users from CRM Web interface, but not from deployment manager. When we try to access the user manager through the deployment manager, we get 'Login failure for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. (80040e40) Could there be a simple fix for it or should we re-install the whole server ? This can happen if CRM cannot reach an active directory global catalog. Are you seeing any other network issues and also are errors appearing in the CRM web server event logs? "Jeremy Mikelson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19d0101c42...

Error accessing Workflow manager
On a new CRM istallation, I cannot access any of the management tools (except CRM itself). "Localhost" does not work, neither does http://crm or CRM website IP. What should I use? what message appears when you try to access them? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "mkatsev" <mkatsev@unitedspinal.org> wrote in message news:edkSKKKNFHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > On a new CRM istallation, I cannot access any of the management tools > (except CRM itself). "Localhost" does not work, neither does http://crm or > CRM ...

Mailbox Manager #9
Hello all... I need to edit the msExchMailboxManagerAgeLimit attribute as described in KB326397. My question is, where do I find this attribute in the AD, using LDP or ADSIEdit? Thank you. Ed In ADSIEdit, connect to the configuration container, services, Microsoft Exchange, Your Exchange Org, Recipient Policies and in the left hand side you will have a list of your recipient policies, one of which will be your Mailbox Manager policy object. The attribute can be found on this object. Glen "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote in message news:eZUwFqqjEHA.3712@TK2MSF...

Financial Management Software Fees
I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a monthly fee. Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that have been opened more than 5 years. Who charged the fee? Is there a balance waiver or a way to get the same information without paying the fee? Any help would be appreciated. "Smith Family" <Smith Family@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1967977C-A139-46D0-82D1-BD1A30070061@microsoft.com... >I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a > monthly fee. Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that ...

Windows 2k3 hot fix
Hi, My Exchange 2k3 installed on Windows 2k3. I just found there are a lot of security update for Win2k3. I don't know if I should install them or not. Everything is fine for my Exchange now. I am worrying it will cause any problems for my Exchange after install the patches. Are there anyone installing all patches on Win2ks with Exchange2k3 on it? Is there any problems after update? Thanks in advance! Lisa I have installed lots of patches on my Exchange servers...I probably haven't caught all of them, but most of them, for the last year or so...have not had a problem yet... &...

When is Microsoft going to fix this NG?
The non-CRM postings are so tiring! When are you going to fix this NG Microsoft and prevent it from "death by clutter". -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com Welcome to CRM! We hope your enjoy your visit :) "Brandon S." <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:e0lFm1JfDHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > The non-CRM postings are so tiring! When are you going to fix this NG > Microsoft and prevent it from "death by clutter". > > -- > Brandon > IT Director &...

Fixed Asset Bar Code Solution
Does anyone know of a solution to bar code fixed assets for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, please reply to srusoff@gmail.com Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, We have used a solution from Maximum Data (InTouch Software) which worked with Microsoft Great Plains 7.5 & 8.0. Please contact them at http://www.maximumdata.com/index.html Let me know. Thanks Samuel Mathew -- Microsoft Certified Dexterity Developer "Scott" wrote: > Does anyone know of a solution to bar code fixed assets for Microsoft > Dynamics GP 9.0, please reply to srusoff@gmail.com > > Thanks, > Scott ...

Unable to Open Integration Manager #2
I am using Integration Manager 10.0. When I try to open Integration Manager through Microsoft Dynamics - Tools - Integrate - Integration Manager, nothing happens. I looked through my Integration Manager 10.0 folder under Program Files - Microsoft Dynamics and I do not see the im.exe file. How do I get into Integration Manager through GP. Thanks, Christin ------=_NextPart_0001_67E29012 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cristin, This is Rob and I will be assisting you with this issue. The first thing that I would have you check is whether you are registered for ...

ACT Contact manager
I get the error every time I start Outlook that I need to run ACT (the contact manager software)at least one time first. I have run ACT and even removed it from the computer but I still get the same message. Any suggesstions? Thanks What is the error and what version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Bill Douglass <billdouglass@cox.net> asked: | I get the error every time I start Outlook that I need to | run ACT (the contact manager software)at leas...

Mailbox Management Process #2
What is the purpose of enabling the Mailbox Management Process on the Properties of the Mail Server? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188/en-us Nue "Jeff Shaw" <JeffShaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E06CE14-04D2-4DE0-BC02-1F2BF9148892@microsoft.com... > What is the purpose of enabling the Mailbox Management Process on the > Properties of the Mail Server? Thank You. "Nuevo" wrote: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188/en-us > > Nue > "Jeff Shaw" <JeffShaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Fixed Asset Depreciation in Originating Currency
There should be way to depreciate and asset in both originating and functional currencies. Currently the originating currency is only used at the time of purchase and retirement. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

Backup and Restore on Business Contact Manager
I have begun using Business Contact Manager. I'm very happy with it, but I'm not sure which files I need to add to my daily backups to ensure that I will be able to restore this, and my outlook email messages, calendar, etc. Does anyone know the complete list of files for this? Thanks, Ron the *.pst file(s) "Ron Stanley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4f0201c3e524$5d0e0890$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have begun using Business Contact Manager. I'm very > happy with it, but I'm not sure which files I need to add > to my...

Parameters to open SO Manager with your credentials automatically?
Does anyone know of either shortcut target line parameters that would cause you to automatically log in with a specific user/password combo; or even a command prompt parameter? Thanks! ...

IE 8 - Manage Addons
Does anyone know how to (1) download and (2) reinstall the WuWeb active X control? My IE 8 - Version 8.0.6001.18702 - Build 86001 Thanks ahead of time :-) //------------------------------- Just FYI and background info is below. I opened an MS support case (SRX1057345742) on a Windows Update problem (XP SP3 - March 2010 all updates except one). There was an update (Rights Management Services Client : KB979099) that would NOT install (all other MS updates installed fine). Of the many 'fixes' we tried none worked. Eventually Windows Update started to 'break...

Fixed Assets Book Mass Copy
is there a way to mass copy assets from one book to another? ...

Small Business Manager
I have a client with Small Business manager that has some vendors and employees entered under multiple ID's in GP. Example: One employee has 2 ID's with activity under both in GP Does the vendor combiner work with SBM? Any tools like this for employees for SBM? Thanks You would need to contact CRG Group for products like vendor modifier/combiner for SBM. http://www.crgroup.com/AddOnsForGreatPlains/changer.cfm -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "kmeyer" <kmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E70196E0-8375-4CDB-B29C-DC7C5B302638@microsoft.com... ...

NT Account management
Looking for a software tool to manage/administer logon accounts on 300+ networked NON-DOMAIN NT servers. ...

Fixed Asset Integration
Hello All, Is there a way to pull all the purchasing transactions from payables to fixed assets all at once instead of one at a time? The only way I know to do it (and I've only been workin with GP for a week) is to go to the asset module to add an asset and then click purchase, select the asset u wish to add, then it will pull the acquisition date,description, and amount. But i still have to assign it an asset id and location id. I want to be able to pull all the assets at once and let the system assign it an asset id. Thanks! Once assets have been received, manual entry is the on...

Integration Manager error message #3
Hi, I have created an integration with destination to be 'General Journal'. The problem I am having is that when I run that integration, it gives me an error message which says... "The Destination could not be initialized ... Error in loading DLL'. Has anyone experienced this error or any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you -Ali ...

Fix for "msncon32.dll not loaded" error Outlook 2007/ Windows 7?
I can't get Outlook 2007 to run on Windows 7 with my Hotmail account. What is the solution? You installed the Outlook Connector? Created a new Profile, if you attempted to transfer settings from another PC "NKW" <NKW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECA12BA6-E7FB-41C5-98C5-54AB77A2E12C@microsoft.com... > I can't get Outlook 2007 to run on Windows 7 with my Hotmail account. > What > is the solution? ...