Ability to create an item type that can be purchased but not sold

Need the ability to catagorize an item so that it can not be sold.  For
instance, a base part is purchased and then modified into the final product.
Only the final product should be sold, but I still need to purchase the base
item.  Currently I do not see a fool-proof way of limiting an item from being
sold.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=670e158b-e5bf-4662-8a7e-445a0803ba4e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
KenP (3)

We have the same issue.  Currently for items that cannot be sold be assign
them to a specific price group called 'NOT SOLD' and then do not assign any
pricing to those items.  We have SOP configured to require that prices be in
a price list, so this effectively prevents those items from being sold.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"KenP" wrote:

> Need the ability to catagorize an item so that it can not be sold.  For
> instance, a base part is purchased and then modified into the final product.
> Only the final product should be sold, but I still need to purchase the base
> item.  Currently I do not see a fool-proof way of limiting an item from being
> sold.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=670e158b-e5bf-4662-8a7e-445a0803ba4e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
jim.harris (398)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Item Description--Modifier?
Hello: I have a GP 10.0 client that needs to extend the Inventory Item Maintenance Description field even further than it is now. The keyable length of this field is 100. They need to see a length of at least 125 characters. And, they want to see this "bad boy" all on the Item Maintenance window. Can Modifier with VBA accomplish this? Thanks! childofthe1980s Hi You can use the modifier & VBA with the DUOS to extend fields. There are some caveats: 1) As you cannot change the table structures, this method does not work for the primary key field. 2) If you use thi...

return items to supplier/reporting
how we can return items to suppliers with in the same purchase order so that we don't effect the posting in QB2003 7 keep the inventory accurate any recomended software for reporting i need to be able to have a charts to compare the sales & customer loyalty to the store in an easy way thanks -- maher almasri maher, The approved RMS way is to issue a Transfer Out back to the supplier. SO Manager | Inventory | Transfer Out. Also I assume that you know that Intuit is forcing an update to QB 2003 by April 30. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outl...

Receipt not in Item Transaction Inquiry
I have a client that uses project accounting. They have received against a purchase order. The receipt shows up in the Purchase Receipts Inquiry, but does not show up in the Item Transaction Inquiry. What could be causing this? ...

Unique items in a Pivot table
Let us say I have this data scenario Customer Project Type C1 P1 New C2 P2 New C2 P3 New C3 P4 Existing Using Pivot table, can I create a chart to show that I have 2 New customers and 1 Existing customer New - 2 Existing - 1 i want to create a chart of this table A pivot table won't calculate a unique count. However, you could add a column to the database, then add that field to the pivottable. For example, if you want to count the customers in column A, use the following formula in row 2: =IF...

can i download lxce serv.exe

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

how many receivers i can add

Can't configure Outlook Express

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

item class table

Right clicking on a CListCtrl item
I have a TreeCtl object in a dialog box. I created an OnNMRclick.. override function to capture a right clicks. The problem I can't figure out is how to find the tree item that the user has right clicked on. Here's what I tried: void CRestoreFiles::OnNMRclickXYZ(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) POINT CurPos; TVHITTESTINFO lpht; HTREEITEM RightClickItem; GetCursorPos(&CurPos); lpht.pt = CurPos; RightClickItem = TreeView_HitTest(pNMHDR->hwndFrom,&lpht); ... I figured that GetCursorPos would give me the position of the cursor where I had right clicke...