AA window should not have to open automatically if GL is linked.

When the user sets the Transaction Dimension Codes to "optional", the user
may not want to deal with the AA pop windows if he/she decides not to record
the transaction against the dimension code.
--
Greg.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4771400a-5502-4c3b-9e3c-365fda3938c9&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Greg7423 (349)

Office 2010 and Basic Authentication on IIS fails to open documents
Hi, I have just upgraded my Office 2007 to 2010 (yes the RTM build) and am running into some serious trouble accessing documents stored on a web server or SharePoint server configured to only allow Basic Authentication. Word opens as expected but does not do anything else (no prompt, no document download, nothing). Accessing any Office document on a server or SharePoint 2007/2010 server that has e.g. Integrated Windows authentication enabled, all is good I get prompted for credentials and the document downloads and opens as expected and as in Office 2007. Where is the settin...

Problem terminating plink under Windows
Hello, I am using plink to establish an SSH session with a host. I have developed some Windows code to manage the plink session. I am using CreateProcess to start plink and various read/write commands to communicate with plink. I've tried to terminate plink with the commands to send a Control C or Control Break to a session. That hasn't worked. I've found an obscure note on another program that states the problem may be that the progam (plink) does not have a console. At the moment I've resorted to calling TerminateProcess to end plink. The documentation states Termin...

Performance problem in Vista Windows explorer if /SWAPRUN:NET is set on an executable.
I have rather big executables (about 25-35 MB). Because I want my users to easily execute my application, I don't want them to install a bunch of DLL's, just xcopy-install is OK for me (and my customers). Because my software is often run from a network drive, and my customers' networks are not always reliable, I link my executables using the /SWAPRUN:NET option. This guarantees that the whole EXE is loaded in memory before the application starts, and prevents crashes if the network connection is dropped while my application is running. This worked fine so far, BUT ... under...

Why Can't I Access Internet Links
I use Windows XP and IE 7 and suddenly one day I was unable to access internet links that were sent to me thru regular emails to my Microsoft Outlook. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you try? Any error messages? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com "amirstal" <amirstal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7decb35-157c-4438-82bd-24a2536d347f@m36g2...

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Automatically inserting text into a cell
I have a formula in a cell that reads like this; =IF(A12="","",WORKDAY,(A12,5) In column M I am asking if a report is due Y/N. Can I add to the above formula to automatically insert "N/A" into N12 if there is a "N" in column M? One way: N12: =IF(M12="N","N/A",IF(A12="","",WORKDAY(A12, 5))) In article <39A51AAF-D44A-4356-B20A-71C8AA661338@microsoft.com>, Roy <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a formula in a cell that reads like this; > =IF(A12="","",W...

Unable to open .xls file
Hello- I have Windows XP Home edition on my computer and I received an email with some info that is an .xls extensoin. I have Windows Worksheet and wanted to know how, if I could, look at this file? I also receive info with >pps (powerpoint) and am unable to open these files also. ANy suggestions? Thanx, -- Michie You may not have MSOffice. It's not part of Windows. It's a separate suite of applications. But MS does make a viewer for excel: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx and one for powerpoint: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Automatic print layout selection
Can you set up an option so that when you print a report, it automatically selects landscape or portrait and fits the report to the page rather than going to a 2nd line You can modify the report with Report Writer and on the Report Definition window change the Printer Orientation to Landscape. Don't forget to change security to use the modified report. You can also use Named Printers to change the printer properties to landscape if the report is one controlled by Named Printers. David Musgrave [MSFT] Original Developer of Named Printers Senior Development Consultant Escalation Eng...

Open Spreadsheet--Formatting Changed to Date??
I opened my spreadsheet and some, but not all of the columns on every sheet in the workbook has changed to a date format. I opened other spreadsheets and there was no change. Can anyone explain this. It's a real pain to deal with. ...

How do I link multiple excel documents?
I need to link three Excel Documents into a master document that will reflect the data inputted into the others. as of right now they are all one document but that allows only one person at a time to enter the data, we need to have multiple people entering the data. Let's try for the easy solution first... Are people entering data on different worksheets, which are then captured on a 'master' sheet via equations? If so, open the file (make a backup copy first!), click on one of the input sheet tabs and select Move or Copy, then move the sheet into a New Workbook. Save th...

Linked Servers / OLE DB Jet4.0 request fails!
Hello I tried to execute an sql statement throught SQL OLEDB command It fails since I moved my configuration on 64 bits Windows 2008 Server System and migrate Sql Server 2005 to 2008. I want to execute an SQL Statement into an Excel file with Sql Linked Servers OleDbConnection sq = new OleDbConnection(); sq.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=xxx;user id=xxx;password=xxx;"; [...] sql = "insert into openquery(... FROM [Export$]) ... OleDbCommand c = new OleDbCommand(sql, sq); c.ExecuteNonQuery(); Returns : can't execute the query, prov...

Parent/Child window message processing
I have a problem with VC++ window message routing(not command message routing) I have a ControlBar(pParent) window and inside this window, I create a child window(pChild devied from cview). This pChild window is constrained to pParent's client rect. The problem is that all the mouse messages are sent to the parent window instead of the child window. I've traced it to AfxWndProc(), if I click on the child window, a mouse message targeting the parent window is generated(the target window handle is the parent window). Maybe this is related to windows not mfc. The child could re...

Windows SOE
Hi I run W2K with Excel 2K Not sure this is the correct place to raise this question but here goes. I have an excel file on a network drive. When I try to access it and someone else is using it I get a message telling me the ID of who has the file open (eg: File is locked for editing by USER). I can then contact this person and ask them to close it, no problem there. However I sometimes get a message saying that the file is "Locked for editing by Windows SOE" This means I have no idea who has the file open....can anyone tell me why this might occur? Thanks John Here SOE...

Creating MFC child dialogs and windows in DLL.
Hi, I need to write some kind of plug-in, which are implemented as separate dll's. I already wrote a few plugins for this program using MFC and it worked ok, but now I need to create some GUI inside a plugin. I have an interface like that class IModule { public: virtual void ShowConfDialog( HWND hwndParent ) = 0; virtual HWND CreatePanel( HWND hwndParent ) =0; // create child window, position and size will be // controlled by a parent window. } But when creating a child windows in MFC I nee...

users folders in windows 7
We are in the process of upgrading to windows 7 and have come across a strange issue. We had an issue with someone's user profile so we tried to rename it and have the user log back in. At this time, a temp profile was created. The problem did not correct, so we moved all important information and deleted the user account. When the person logged back in, another temp folder was created. Has anyone run into this issue/problem yet? Hello, Lu, On 29 Apr., 17:25, Lu <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are in the process of upgrading to windows 7 and have com...

Keeping Context Menu open after Command
Hi, I've added a context menu to my CListCtrl that allows columns to be hidden. Is there a way to keep this menu open after the user clicks on a command? Basically like in the customize toolbar menu in Visual Studio. Olaf van der Spek wrote: > Hi, > > I've added a context menu to my CListCtrl that allows columns to be > hidden. Is there a way to keep this menu open after the user clicks on a > command? > > Basically like in the customize toolbar menu in Visual Studio. Bump. Somebody, anybody? I imagine you would have to start think "modeless dialog&...

opening Word Perfect 11 documents in Word

Compatibility issue on XLSX pivot from PC/Windows version
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel We're working in a mixed environment where Macs are gaining on the old PC platform. If we can't fix this particular problem we'll all either move back to PC's or move everyone to Mac, as we can't seem to be able to share complex pivot tables between platforms. <br><br>On opening the document originating from the PC platform (Office Professional 2007) we get a message saying something like; &quot;This workbook has content not supported by MS Office for Mac. - Filters based on stacke...

automatically load US holidays
How can I automatically download US holidays... tools, options, calendar options, holidays... see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm if you are missing holidays for 2010. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://fo...

Can't open e-mail. It Freezes ...I have Office Enterprises 2007
A few days back I downloaded Office Enterprises 2007. Every thing went O.K.. Had e-mail for a couple of days. Now when I go into my e-mail (I can't) as it freezes up. Can't open e-mail messages , or send. My Internet Explorer works fine , so I do have excess to the internet. What is wrong ???? I do have dial-up , but this should not make my e-mail freeze up. May I add....I was able to open a message or two , but it took so long , and think I was luckey at the time for whatever reasons. !!!HELP!!! Did you already get the Outlook Performance Update? If not, I'd start with that...

Autoshapes defaulting automatically to 3-D
One day I was [laying around with autoshapes and activated the 3-D option. Now whenever I draw an autoshape its always in 3-D. How can I get 2-d back as default? thanks Billy, create an AutoShape, click the 3-D button on the Drawing toolbar and select No 3-D, then right-click the AutoShape and select Set AutoShape Defaults. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Billy Thomas" <csa@gcronline.com> wrote in message news:u4Wwk%23DTEHA.544@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > One day I was [laying around with autoshapes and ac...

Interaction between Windows Live Mail and GNU Mailman
Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail 14.0.8089.0726. I'm having an issue between WLM and GNU Mailman, a popular mailing list management program. I'm not sure if WLM or Mailman is at fault, but since I don't have this problem in other mail clients (like Mutt or Mozilla Thunderbird), WLM seems like the most likely candidate. The issue is this: Mailman adds its own signature to each list posting with some details on the mailing list (such as unsubscribe instructions). When posting a signed message to a list (using S/MIME or OpenPGP), Mailman tries to avoid modify...

linked cell contents not autofitting row height
Why doesn't Excel 2002 autofit row height for text input from a linked cell? When the linked cell contents exceed the currently viewable contents of the recipient cell the row height is not adjusted. Is there a way to make the autofit work in these circumstances? Formulas don't change format and rowheight is a format. You could use a worksheet event that resets the rowheights whenever that worksheet recalculates. If you want to try this, rightclick on the worksheet tab, select view code and paste this into the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() ...

Outlook 2003 opening msg file duplicates
I have an issue with Outlook 2003 (11.8217.8221) where if I open msg files that have been saved locally or on a network drive, it then adds it to my inbox. So for example, if I open this msg file 10 times, it will add the message into my inbox 10 times. It also does it for emails saved in our Trim document management system. Any ideas how to fix this? ...

Open Windows 98 publisher document in Windows XP
I have been working in publisher in Windows 98. I have now upgraded to Windows XP and cannot open previously saved Publisher documents. I have lots of them so please help! Val <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have been working in publisher in Windows 98. I have now upgraded > to Windows XP and cannot open previously saved Publisher documents. Your Windows version has nothing to do with your Publisher version. Has your version of Publisher been changed by your recent change? Did you just upgrade Windows or did you switch to a new comput...