A SQL network connection error occurred exiting Modifier

We have a very peculiar sutiation.

When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:

"A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
in use.  Please try again later."

Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.

This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
installed in the same PC.


0
RicoTowers (135)
5/19/2009 11:05:01 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

10 Replies
1481 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 48

What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per 
CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, you may receive this 
message if you have reached the maximum number of devices.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com


"RicoTowers" wrote:

> We have a very peculiar sutiation.
> 
> When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:
> 
> "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
> This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
> in use.  Please try again later."
> 
> Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.
> 
> This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
> installed in the same PC.
> 
> 
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/19/2009 11:56:02 PM
U Guys are 24/7 - Don't Rest !!!!

Gracias Mariano!

The SQL is a 2000 per-processor with the latest SP.  The ODBCs are with SQL 
Native 2005 version 2005.90.4035.00.

The strange thing is that the same problem occurs in my PC and I'm using my 
local SQL instance (same as server).



"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per 
> CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, you may receive this 
> message if you have reached the maximum number of devices.
> 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "RicoTowers" wrote:
> 
> > We have a very peculiar sutiation.
> > 
> > When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:
> > 
> > "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
> > This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
> > in use.  Please try again later."
> > 
> > Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.
> > 
> > This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
> > installed in the same PC.
> > 
> > 
0
RicoTowers (135)
5/20/2009 12:34:01 AM
Rico,

I won't particularly use SQL Native client with SQL 2000. The SQL Server 
2005 Native client is designed to exploit, well, the "native" capabilities of 
SQL Server 2005, hence it may cause erratic behaviors against other versions 
of SQL Server.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com


"RicoTowers" wrote:

> U Guys are 24/7 - Don't Rest !!!!
> 
> Gracias Mariano!
> 
> The SQL is a 2000 per-processor with the latest SP.  The ODBCs are with SQL 
> Native 2005 version 2005.90.4035.00.
> 
> The strange thing is that the same problem occurs in my PC and I'm using my 
> local SQL instance (same as server).
> 
> 
> 
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> 
> > What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per 
> > CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, you may receive this 
> > message if you have reached the maximum number of devices.
> > 
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > 
> > > We have a very peculiar sutiation.
> > > 
> > > When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:
> > > 
> > > "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
> > > This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
> > > in use.  Please try again later."
> > > 
> > > Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.
> > > 
> > > This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
> > > installed in the same PC.
> > > 
> > > 
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/20/2009 2:28:01 PM
Understood.  I meantion SQL Native since it was the installation setup that 
created.  Then that mean we can use our previous ODBC created for GP9 with no 
problem with GP10?  or is there any additional tweaks to be done on the ODBC?

Thanx

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Rico,
> 
> I won't particularly use SQL Native client with SQL 2000. The SQL Server 
> 2005 Native client is designed to exploit, well, the "native" capabilities of 
> SQL Server 2005, hence it may cause erratic behaviors against other versions 
> of SQL Server.
> 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "RicoTowers" wrote:
> 
> > U Guys are 24/7 - Don't Rest !!!!
> > 
> > Gracias Mariano!
> > 
> > The SQL is a 2000 per-processor with the latest SP.  The ODBCs are with SQL 
> > Native 2005 version 2005.90.4035.00.
> > 
> > The strange thing is that the same problem occurs in my PC and I'm using my 
> > local SQL instance (same as server).
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > 
> > > What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per 
> > > CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, you may receive this 
> > > message if you have reached the maximum number of devices.
> > > 
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > We have a very peculiar sutiation.
> > > > 
> > > > When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:
> > > > 
> > > > "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
> > > > This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
> > > > in use.  Please try again later."
> > > > 
> > > > Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.
> > > > 
> > > > This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
> > > > installed in the same PC.
> > > > 
> > > > 
0
RicoTowers (135)
5/20/2009 4:21:00 PM
Good call on the licenses but I have also seem similar symtoms that were 
created from Memory leaks.  The handles of some other badly behaved app were 
using all the paged pool and non page pool memory.
http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/47770/crouching-server-hidden-memory-leak.html

Often some small utility is not working well with the OS.  Don't blame SQL 
or Great Plains all the time.   There are other factors.


"RicoTowers" wrote:

> Understood.  I meantion SQL Native since it was the installation setup that 
> created.  Then that mean we can use our previous ODBC created for GP9 with no 
> problem with GP10?  or is there any additional tweaks to be done on the ODBC?
> 
> Thanx
> 
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> 
> > Rico,
> > 
> > I won't particularly use SQL Native client with SQL 2000. The SQL Server 
> > 2005 Native client is designed to exploit, well, the "native" capabilities of 
> > SQL Server 2005, hence it may cause erratic behaviors against other versions 
> > of SQL Server.
> > 
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > 
> > > U Guys are 24/7 - Don't Rest !!!!
> > > 
> > > Gracias Mariano!
> > > 
> > > The SQL is a 2000 per-processor with the latest SP.  The ODBCs are with SQL 
> > > Native 2005 version 2005.90.4035.00.
> > > 
> > > The strange thing is that the same problem occurs in my PC and I'm using my 
> > > local SQL instance (same as server).
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per 
> > > > CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, you may receive this 
> > > > message if you have reached the maximum number of devices.
> > > > 
> > > > Best regards,
> > > > --
> > > > MG.-
> > > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > We have a very peculiar sutiation.
> > > > > 
> > > > > When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:
> > > > > 
> > > > > "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
> > > > > This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
> > > > > in use.  Please try again later."
> > > > > 
> > > > > Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.
> > > > > 
> > > > > This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
> > > > > installed in the same PC.
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
0
5/20/2009 5:17:01 PM
Rico,

If you are running GP 10 on SQL 2000 make sure you have the following in 
place:

1) Make sure SQL Server 2000 is running the latest service pack. The 
following are the build numbers for each service pack so far.

RTM 2000.80.194.0 
SQL Server 2000 SP1 2000.80.384.0 
SQL Server 2000 SP2 2000.80.534.0 
SQL Server 2000 SP3 2000.80.760.0 
SQL Server 2000 SP3a 2000.80.760.0 
SQL Server 2000 SP4 2000.8.00.2039 

2) You can use the same ODBC driver you were using for GP9. I do not 
recommend you use the SQL Native Client driver.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com


"RicoTowers" wrote:

> Understood.  I meantion SQL Native since it was the installation setup that 
> created.  Then that mean we can use our previous ODBC created for GP9 with no 
> problem with GP10?  or is there any additional tweaks to be done on the ODBC?
> 
> Thanx
> 
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> 
> > Rico,
> > 
> > I won't particularly use SQL Native client with SQL 2000. The SQL Server 
> > 2005 Native client is designed to exploit, well, the "native" capabilities of 
> > SQL Server 2005, hence it may cause erratic behaviors against other versions 
> > of SQL Server.
> > 
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > 
> > > U Guys are 24/7 - Don't Rest !!!!
> > > 
> > > Gracias Mariano!
> > > 
> > > The SQL is a 2000 per-processor with the latest SP.  The ODBCs are with SQL 
> > > Native 2005 version 2005.90.4035.00.
> > > 
> > > The strange thing is that the same problem occurs in my PC and I'm using my 
> > > local SQL instance (same as server).
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per 
> > > > CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, you may receive this 
> > > > message if you have reached the maximum number of devices.
> > > > 
> > > > Best regards,
> > > > --
> > > > MG.-
> > > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > We have a very peculiar sutiation.
> > > > > 
> > > > > When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:
> > > > > 
> > > > > "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
> > > > > This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
> > > > > in use.  Please try again later."
> > > > > 
> > > > > Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.
> > > > > 
> > > > > This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
> > > > > installed in the same PC.
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/20/2009 6:28:14 PM
Thanx Lots !


"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Rico,
> 
> If you are running GP 10 on SQL 2000 make sure you have the following in 
> place:
> 
> 1) Make sure SQL Server 2000 is running the latest service pack. The 
> following are the build numbers for each service pack so far.
> 
> RTM 2000.80.194.0 
> SQL Server 2000 SP1 2000.80.384.0 
> SQL Server 2000 SP2 2000.80.534.0 
> SQL Server 2000 SP3 2000.80.760.0 
> SQL Server 2000 SP3a 2000.80.760.0 
> SQL Server 2000 SP4 2000.8.00.2039 
> 
> 2) You can use the same ODBC driver you were using for GP9. I do not 
> recommend you use the SQL Native Client driver.
> 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "RicoTowers" wrote:
> 
> > Understood.  I meantion SQL Native since it was the installation setup that 
> > created.  Then that mean we can use our previous ODBC created for GP9 with no 
> > problem with GP10?  or is there any additional tweaks to be done on the ODBC?
> > 
> > Thanx
> > 
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > 
> > > Rico,
> > > 
> > > I won't particularly use SQL Native client with SQL 2000. The SQL Server 
> > > 2005 Native client is designed to exploit, well, the "native" capabilities of 
> > > SQL Server 2005, hence it may cause erratic behaviors against other versions 
> > > of SQL Server.
> > > 
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > U Guys are 24/7 - Don't Rest !!!!
> > > > 
> > > > Gracias Mariano!
> > > > 
> > > > The SQL is a 2000 per-processor with the latest SP.  The ODBCs are with SQL 
> > > > Native 2005 version 2005.90.4035.00.
> > > > 
> > > > The strange thing is that the same problem occurs in my PC and I'm using my 
> > > > local SQL instance (same as server).
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per 
> > > > > CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, you may receive this 
> > > > > message if you have reached the maximum number of devices.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Best regards,
> > > > > --
> > > > > MG.-
> > > > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > We have a very peculiar sutiation.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
> > > > > > This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
> > > > > > in use.  Please try again later."
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
> > > > > > installed in the same PC.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
0
RicoTowers (135)
5/20/2009 8:21:00 PM
Hi Mariano,

I test using GP10 thru ODBC 2000 but same error.

What can be cause this?



"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Rico,
> 
> If you are running GP 10 on SQL 2000 make sure you have the following in 
> place:
> 
> 1) Make sure SQL Server 2000 is running the latest service pack. The 
> following are the build numbers for each service pack so far.
> 
> RTM 2000.80.194.0 
> SQL Server 2000 SP1 2000.80.384.0 
> SQL Server 2000 SP2 2000.80.534.0 
> SQL Server 2000 SP3 2000.80.760.0 
> SQL Server 2000 SP3a 2000.80.760.0 
> SQL Server 2000 SP4 2000.8.00.2039 
> 
> 2) You can use the same ODBC driver you were using for GP9. I do not 
> recommend you use the SQL Native Client driver.
> 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "RicoTowers" wrote:
> 
> > Understood.  I meantion SQL Native since it was the installation setup that 
> > created.  Then that mean we can use our previous ODBC created for GP9 with no 
> > problem with GP10?  or is there any additional tweaks to be done on the ODBC?
> > 
> > Thanx
> > 
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > 
> > > Rico,
> > > 
> > > I won't particularly use SQL Native client with SQL 2000. The SQL Server 
> > > 2005 Native client is designed to exploit, well, the "native" capabilities of 
> > > SQL Server 2005, hence it may cause erratic behaviors against other versions 
> > > of SQL Server.
> > > 
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > U Guys are 24/7 - Don't Rest !!!!
> > > > 
> > > > Gracias Mariano!
> > > > 
> > > > The SQL is a 2000 per-processor with the latest SP.  The ODBCs are with SQL 
> > > > Native 2005 version 2005.90.4035.00.
> > > > 
> > > > The strange thing is that the same problem occurs in my PC and I'm using my 
> > > > local SQL instance (same as server).
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per 
> > > > > CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, you may receive this 
> > > > > message if you have reached the maximum number of devices.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Best regards,
> > > > > --
> > > > > MG.-
> > > > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > We have a very peculiar sutiation.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
> > > > > > This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
> > > > > > in use.  Please try again later."
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
> > > > > > installed in the same PC.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
0
RicoTowers (135)
5/20/2009 10:37:01 PM
Ok, you can check one more place. Try setting the maximum number of 
connections to unlimited, on the connection tab of the properties of the 
server within SQL Server. If this does not help, then check the ODBC 
configuration and make sure it is in line with the instructions provided in 
the Installation manual.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com


"RicoTowers" wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
> 
> I test using GP10 thru ODBC 2000 but same error.
> 
> What can be cause this?
> 
> 
> 
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> 
> > Rico,
> > 
> > If you are running GP 10 on SQL 2000 make sure you have the following in 
> > place:
> > 
> > 1) Make sure SQL Server 2000 is running the latest service pack. The 
> > following are the build numbers for each service pack so far.
> > 
> > RTM 2000.80.194.0 
> > SQL Server 2000 SP1 2000.80.384.0 
> > SQL Server 2000 SP2 2000.80.534.0 
> > SQL Server 2000 SP3 2000.80.760.0 
> > SQL Server 2000 SP3a 2000.80.760.0 
> > SQL Server 2000 SP4 2000.8.00.2039 
> > 
> > 2) You can use the same ODBC driver you were using for GP9. I do not 
> > recommend you use the SQL Native Client driver.
> > 
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > 
> > > Understood.  I meantion SQL Native since it was the installation setup that 
> > > created.  Then that mean we can use our previous ODBC created for GP9 with no 
> > > problem with GP10?  or is there any additional tweaks to be done on the ODBC?
> > > 
> > > Thanx
> > > 
> > > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Rico,
> > > > 
> > > > I won't particularly use SQL Native client with SQL 2000. The SQL Server 
> > > > 2005 Native client is designed to exploit, well, the "native" capabilities of 
> > > > SQL Server 2005, hence it may cause erratic behaviors against other versions 
> > > > of SQL Server.
> > > > 
> > > > Best regards,
> > > > --
> > > > MG.-
> > > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > U Guys are 24/7 - Don't Rest !!!!
> > > > > 
> > > > > Gracias Mariano!
> > > > > 
> > > > > The SQL is a 2000 per-processor with the latest SP.  The ODBCs are with SQL 
> > > > > Native 2005 version 2005.90.4035.00.
> > > > > 
> > > > > The strange thing is that the same problem occurs in my PC and I'm using my 
> > > > > local SQL instance (same as server).
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per 
> > > > > > CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, you may receive this 
> > > > > > message if you have reached the maximum number of devices.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Best regards,
> > > > > > --
> > > > > > MG.-
> > > > > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > > > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > > > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > > > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > > We have a very peculiar sutiation.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
> > > > > > > This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
> > > > > > > in use.  Please try again later."
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
> > > > > > > installed in the same PC.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > 
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/21/2009 1:13:18 AM
Ok, will do.


"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Ok, you can check one more place. Try setting the maximum number of 
> connections to unlimited, on the connection tab of the properties of the 
> server within SQL Server. If this does not help, then check the ODBC 
> configuration and make sure it is in line with the instructions provided in 
> the Installation manual.
> 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "RicoTowers" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Mariano,
> > 
> > I test using GP10 thru ODBC 2000 but same error.
> > 
> > What can be cause this?
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > 
> > > Rico,
> > > 
> > > If you are running GP 10 on SQL 2000 make sure you have the following in 
> > > place:
> > > 
> > > 1) Make sure SQL Server 2000 is running the latest service pack. The 
> > > following are the build numbers for each service pack so far.
> > > 
> > > RTM 2000.80.194.0 
> > > SQL Server 2000 SP1 2000.80.384.0 
> > > SQL Server 2000 SP2 2000.80.534.0 
> > > SQL Server 2000 SP3 2000.80.760.0 
> > > SQL Server 2000 SP3a 2000.80.760.0 
> > > SQL Server 2000 SP4 2000.8.00.2039 
> > > 
> > > 2) You can use the same ODBC driver you were using for GP9. I do not 
> > > recommend you use the SQL Native Client driver.
> > > 
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Understood.  I meantion SQL Native since it was the installation setup that 
> > > > created.  Then that mean we can use our previous ODBC created for GP9 with no 
> > > > problem with GP10?  or is there any additional tweaks to be done on the ODBC?
> > > > 
> > > > Thanx
> > > > 
> > > > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Rico,
> > > > > 
> > > > > I won't particularly use SQL Native client with SQL 2000. The SQL Server 
> > > > > 2005 Native client is designed to exploit, well, the "native" capabilities of 
> > > > > SQL Server 2005, hence it may cause erratic behaviors against other versions 
> > > > > of SQL Server.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Best regards,
> > > > > --
> > > > > MG.-
> > > > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > U Guys are 24/7 - Don't Rest !!!!
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Gracias Mariano!
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > The SQL is a 2000 per-processor with the latest SP.  The ODBCs are with SQL 
> > > > > > Native 2005 version 2005.90.4035.00.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > The strange thing is that the same problem occurs in my PC and I'm using my 
> > > > > > local SQL instance (same as server).
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > > What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per 
> > > > > > > CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, you may receive this 
> > > > > > > message if you have reached the maximum number of devices.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Best regards,
> > > > > > > --
> > > > > > > MG.-
> > > > > > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > > > > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > > > > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > > > > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > "RicoTowers" wrote:
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > We have a very peculiar sutiation.
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message:
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared.  
> > > > > > > > This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are 
> > > > > > > > in use.  Please try again later."
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP.
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL 
> > > > > > > > installed in the same PC.
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > 
0
RicoTowers (135)
5/28/2009 10:18:03 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Event ID: 8270 ,LDAP Error--Need help to fix it..
Event Type: Error (win2000 Srv+exchange2000) Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Computer: Exchange_2000_Server_Name Description: LDAP returned the error [b] Administration Limit Exceeded. dn: "GUID=8F37136AFCEE0B41BDD353B78F8E6067" changetype: Modify mail:USER1@Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix proxyAddresses:MS:NET/PO/User1 : CCMAIL:User1, PO at NET : SMTP:USER1@EMAIL.Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix : X400:c=US;a= ;p=Exchange_Org_Name;o=Exchange_Site_Name;s=Last_Name;g=First_Name; : smtp:USER1@MAILLIST.Domain_Name.Domain_...

Too Many IF Statements Nesting Error (Excel Formula Loop w/o VBA)
Hello Excel Problem Gurus, First of all, let me thank you in advance. I find it exemplary that you all can devote time to helping others who are having issues with their work. Hopefully one day I can be at a mentor level, and help others too. Hope you can help! I have an issue where I don't know how to write the formula that I need without going over on the nesting. The current formula that I have is as follows: =IF(OR(B7="",J7="",L7="",M7="",N7="",O7="",P7=""),"No Data",IF(V7="Yes",&qu...

Office 2003 on WinXP is receiving an error...
This operating is not presently configured to run this application.' This nmessage keeps popping up after I install WInXP Sp2. Right after I install office 2003, and I try to open MS word 2003, the above message appears. Can anyone point me in the right direction? RodneyJ Insert office cd>repair "RodneyJ" <u58446@uwe> wrote in message news:a43130535cd3e@uwe... > This operating is not presently configured to run this application.' This > nmessage keeps popping up after I install WInXP Sp2. Right after I > install > office 2003, and I t...

Errors saving to network drive
When my users open an Excel spreadsheet located on a network drive, make their changes, and then try to save the spreadsheet, they get an error message saying "Your changes could not be saved to Whateverfile.xls, but were saved to XXXXXXXX ( 8 digit hex number ). Close the existing document, then open the temporary document and save it under a new name" The users have been explicitly granted full rights, including Delete and Modify, to the shared folder in which the spreadsheet resides. I have disabled their Symantec Antivirus realtime protection for the time being. This pr...

Outlook Express and LAN connection
I have Outlook Express 6.00.280 installed on Win NT 4.0 SP6 which is LAN connected to another PC that has Internet connection (Proxy server). Email account on my PC is POP3 for incoming mails and SMTP for outcoming. Now the problem is that I cannot receive emails but can only send them through this Proxy. Internet Explorer and all other applications that require Internet connection through proxy are working OK. The only problem I have is to receive emails. I setup the same account on another PC which has direct connection to the Internet through dialup and no problems for both sending and rece...

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

Error loading XML into DataSet
Hello, When I try to load this xml file (see below) into an asp.net dataset using the following code: ds.ReadXml("xmlfilepath\xmlfile.xml", XmlReadMode.Auto) I get the following error: "The same table (description) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. " If I take out the anchor tag in the description it works fine, however, I need the anchor tag in there. Does anyone have any suggestions? <?xml version="1.0" ?> <rss version="2.0"> <channel> <title>Liftoff News</title> <link>http://liftoff.msf...

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Run time error 5 : HQClient
When I double click HQ Client I have message box "Run time error 5 : Invalid procedure call or argument" how should I do? I used RMS 2.0 -- TOY2TOY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...

on Writexml error
(Type your message here) Hi all, I have a XML file as a datasource. I read that file using dataset.readxml.Then in that dataset I make some changes. Now I want to write that changed dataset by overwriting the file that was created initially. I someone please tell me how to do it. -------------------------------- From: ratnesh gupta ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>sCyOfoucUUyYsxAsNxg9AA==</Id> ...

Excel error 1706
Whenever I try to start excel on my computer it displays an error message and it shuts itself down, any other program from the office pack works properly, except for the one I mentioned. I reinstalled it and it does the exact same thing. Thanks in advance. ...

Error with Bold
What's wrong? With Worksheets("Recent") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End with Take a look at the activesheet. I bet that range is bolded. But if you want Recent to be the sheet with the change, add a couple of dots. With Worksheets("Recent") .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End With Without those dots, the range refers to the activesheet (if the code is in a general module). crapit wrote: > > What's wrong? > With Worksheets("Recent") > Range(Cells(1...

Oulook 2003 dial up sync errors
we are using outlook 2003 will all current updates insatlled and are using cashed exchange mode. our operating system is windows 2000 SP4 with all the current updates as well. when the user connects and hits f9 to sync we get the following error in the sync log (i have run detect and repair and removed and recreated the users outlook profile) any suggestions??: 18:57:44 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 18:57:44 Could not connect to public folder server. 18:57:44 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 18:57:44 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are networ...

Error loading outlook 2003
Hey Guys need a little help I'm running office 2003 with outlook, I'm using my own exchange server, everytime I load up outlook on one of my workstations it loads up fine until I hit the inbox, once I do that Outlook closes down, I check in the event view and got this error message: "The MOF file created for the outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Complier is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually." Anyone know a fix inste...

Rule Wizard: "Rules In Error"
I have a blackberry, and I have my outlook forwarding emails to it, but about once a day, I get a message that says "Rules in Error: Error in Rule Execution" and it won't forward any emails after that. I only have one single rule, so it's not a rule conflict. Does anyone know the deal? This is extremely frustrating as sometimes I'll be out of the office during the weekend or at night and won't receive any message for hours on my blackberry, only to find out later that this "Rules in Error" dialog box popped up and it won't forward emails. It see...

Backing up databases on remote SQL
Hi, I recently followed one of the MS articles on how to move GP 9 sql database to a different server. Everything went well except when trying to run the backup option from the GP9 server. I currently have a server with GP9 installed and another server with SQL and the GP databases. When I try to run the backup from the backup option on the GP server it says " You must be on the server machine to perform this task". presume this is because the SQL is no longer on that server. The SQL server has a backup routine of its own, but I would like our finance users to have the ability...

Error #5
I've tried to save my transaction data to my desktop. However, each time I try this I get the error "Error reading or writing file "." " Could someone tell me what's going on? ...

Outlook error message
Unable to expand the folder. The rest of folders could not be opened. There are no additional Microsoft Exchange client licenses available. Contact your adminstrator to obtain a client license to use Microsoft Exchange This is the error message that our clients are receiving when attempting to open outlook version 2000 or above to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 server. We do have the available licenses and have already set them up in license manager on the server and then license logging service is started. We keep having to stop and start the License Logging Service and then they can get in fi...

XML Serialization Error of Collection
// Can anyone explain the bizarre XML Serialization behavior seen in the following code. // It seems that a collection can not be XML Serialized if it contains an Add() method // with a single parameter where that parameter is of a type in the System.Data namespace // (or a class derived from something in the System.Data namespace). // Is there any way to prevent this from blowing up? using System; using System.Data; using System.Collections; using System.IO; using System.Xml.Serialization; namespace XMLStub { /// <summary>A simple class that holds a collection of ints.</summary>...

modifying and copying multiply selections
Why when I select multiply objects, including text boxes or when I try to select them and then drag to a different locations the program just create a new copy but leaves the old one behind it? It didn't happen when I was working with other versions of Power Point. I think http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm will help. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Slav" <Sl...

Add a secondary administration group error c1041721
I have added a new administration group for a sub site in Japan and now I am getting the following error: The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Operation: Retrieving mount information ID no: c1041721 Exchange Sytem Manger I get this error when I try and drill down to the new admin group to the First Storage Group. I only get this message on machines on my side of the network. If I remote to the mail server in the new site I am able to drill all the way down and see the mailboxes. I can also see our main site informat...

Error: msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows
Dear all, I get error mesage "msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows" when preview report. I'm using Access 2000 and Windows 2000. Thanks. Regards, Vensia ...

PSASPI error
another one of our users is getting the following error. the procedure entry getprocessfilenameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL I have renamed the file in question which is in the sys32 dir and still recieving this error message. I here it may do to the fact that the user has IE7 on her machine is this true? sorry forgot to mention that this is an XP machine. "Andre" wrote: > another one of our users is getting the following error. > > the procedure entry getprocessfilenameW could not be located in the dynamic > link library PSAPI.DLL...