8.0 Upgrade

We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next week
we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they had
with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to ensure
all the bases are covered.

Thanks,

Zach Morgan
zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com
0
ZachMorgan (47)

What are you upgrading from?

"Zach Morgan" <ZachMorgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next
> week
> we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they
> had
> with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to
> ensure
> all the bases are covered.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zach Morgan
> zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com

0
callen1071 (408)
6/17/2005 3:59:49 AM
Hi Zach-

We recently upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 and it went much smoother than past
upgrades. We mainly focused on customized reports including Smartlists. Our
consultant was even able to find a tool to upgrade our Smartlists. All of our
customized reports and smartlists all came across without a hitch.

The only problem we ran into was related to the re-write of a customization
added onto EFT for Payables. Our consultants had a hard time getting that to
work properly because a lot of the tables had changed. So I guess my
recommendation would be that if you have any customizations, make sure you
test them in your test environment.

One other thing, with FRx 6.7, we had a problem where some of our column
formats had blank columns in between calculated columns. FRx stopped at the
first blank column and did not print any columns beyond the first blank
column. We had to modify all our column formats to read "Fill" in our
previously blank columns.

"Zach Morgan" wrote:

> We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next week
> we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they had
> with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to ensure
> all the bases are covered.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zach Morgan
> zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com
0
JackieC (21)
6/17/2005 5:33:06 PM
Thanks Jackie

Do you know the name of the Utility to upgrade customized reports and
Smarlist?  We have quite a few, and it would definately be beneficial for me
to look at it.

Thanks for your response.

"JackieC" wrote:

> Hi Zach-
>
> We recently upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 and it went much smoother than past
> upgrades. We mainly focused on customized reports including Smartlists. Our
> consultant was even able to find a tool to upgrade our Smartlists. All of our
> customized reports and smartlists all came across without a hitch.
>
> The only problem we ran into was related to the re-write of a customization
> added onto EFT for Payables. Our consultants had a hard time getting that to
> work properly because a lot of the tables had changed. So I guess my
> recommendation would be that if you have any customizations, make sure you
> test them in your test environment.
>
> One other thing, with FRx 6.7, we had a problem where some of our column
> formats had blank columns in between calculated columns. FRx stopped at the
> first blank column and did not print any columns beyond the first blank
> column. We had to modify all our column formats to read "Fill" in our
> previously blank columns.
>
> "Zach Morgan" wrote:
>
> > We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next week
> > we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> > Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they had
> > with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to ensure
> > all the bases are covered.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Zach Morgan
> > zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com
0
ZachMorgan (47)
6/20/2005 12:36:04 PM
Chales, We are upgrading from 7.0 to 8.0.

Thanks

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> What are you upgrading from?
>
> "Zach Morgan" <ZachMorgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next
> > week
> > we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> > Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they
> > had
> > with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to
> > ensure
> > all the bases are covered.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Zach Morgan
> > zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com

0
ZachMorgan (47)
6/20/2005 12:36:12 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_71003CE8

Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups!  Also thank you to Charles and
Jackie for responding to Newsgroups!

The main peice of information and documentation I would recommend to view
is at the following link - it includes all the pre and post update steps,
known issues etc for the update to Great Plains 8.0:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/Hot
_Topic_Updating_GreatPlains80.htm

I am not sure of the tool that Jackie referenced.  Smartlist favorities
will update automatically with the update to Great Plains 8.0.  It should
not require a specific tool?   I want to make sure you are referring to the
Smartlist favorites or you speaking of updating somethign more customized?

Thank you,

Melissa Amundson
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_71003CE8

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups!  Also thank you to Charles and Jackie for responding to Newsgroups!
\par
\par The main peice of information and documentation I would recommend to view is at the following link - it includes all the pre and post update steps, known issues etc for the update to Great Plains 8.0:
\par
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/Hot_Topic_Updating_GreatPlains80.htm
\par
\par I am not sure of the tool that Jackie referenced.  Smartlist favorities will update automatically with the update to Great Plains 8.0.  It should not require a specific tool?   I want to make sure you are referring to the Smartlist favorites or you speaking of updating somethign more customized?
\par
\par Thank you,
\par
\par Melissa Amundson
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.
\par
\par
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_71003CE8--

upgrade to Money 05
Hello, I recently received an e-mail from my bank stating that they will no longer be supporting MS Money 2000. I have enjoyed the use of this program, however do NOT wish to lose any financial information I have saved. When I upgrade ... 1. Do I delete the OLD Money program first ? Saving my *.mny file for upgrade purposes. 2. Do I leave the program installed and let the new money over-right the old program ? thanks for your help, Jason Already replied to. "dejaking" <dejaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EA5707A-782C-4590-BC82-36D13638B0E4@m...

Slow access to CRM 3.0 for particular user only
Hi all, I have a particular user that seems to have a speed problem in accessing CRM on whatever box he logs onto. We just did a test with him logging onto a colleagues XP box (he runs XP also). The colleague has lightning quick access to Accounts/Contacts and also has many more accounts and contacts under their particular user than the guy experiencing the problem. We got the problem user to log onto the colleugues box and he then experienced his usual 3-4 second lag on opening any CRM window, either through outlook client or the web client. The user in question has the same privel...

Accessing CRM 4.0 Error
Hello, I am running into a problem trying to log into the CRM client using Internet Explorer. The IIS Log is stating that it is a '302' error. The Internet Options are managed through a group policy. Does anyone know what options in Internet Explorer needs to order to access the CRM client? I have a user running, but this user has every rights in the book. It is a Domain Admin. This seems to point to some Access Rights. Additional Information: OS: XP Professional (UTD Service packs) IE 7 (UTD Service packs) Any help would be great. regards, Sokha ...

Upgraded to Beta 2007 and files aren't being read
The files we created a week ago w/ the first Beta verson are now, not being read in the latest Beta upgrade. Any one having this issue or do you know a fix. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Mqueen" <Mqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96800D36-7B62-4BEC-9572-22C8CF04B5E5@microsoft.com... > The files we...

=?Utf-8?B?6JCs5YiG5L2N?=
亞洲各國的貨幣都有萬的單位, 為何Excel沒有提供萬分位, 而是只有歐美的千分位?? 我希望能達到如下的表示方式, 該如何做呢? 1,2345,6789 or 1'2345'6789 Use Custom Format Format | Format Cells | Number | Custom [>=100000000]#'####'###0;[>=10000]#'###0;General or [>=100000000]#,####,###0;[>=10000]#,###0;General "npn3055" <npn3055@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B123A25-BFA2-4C71-91E0-8ADD007C90E2@microsoft.com... ?????????????, ??Excel???????, ???????????? ?????????????, ?????? 1,2345,6789 or 1'2345'6789 > "npn3055" wrote: > ?????????????, ??Excel???...

Group Addresses "Fail" After Upgrading to Office 2004
New G5 iMac running X.3.7 and Office 2004 to which I upgraded from Office v.X I tried to send an email to an Entourage group address that I often used, without any problem, in Office v.X. It would not go citing the error "Missing or malformed local part" with the Explanation: Mail could not be sent. Account "bobgir2004" Error: -177099. Thinking there might be something wrong with one or more of the addresses, I set up individual emails to each address, copying the text of the message into each one and sent them one by one. All went successfully. Why, with exactly th...

GP v10.0 SP1 Known Issues?
I applied SP1 (MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB945412-v10-ENU.msp) and have problems with the AreaPage.xsl. It seems it does not want to play well with menus that have an expansion. I found that if I copied the (AreaPage.xls) from another install (pre-SP1) that it works ok but I can't move a head this way on a clients machine. ...

Alti-MSCRM Client, CRM 3.0 and Altigen phone systems
Has anyone used the Alti-MSCRM Client with Microsoft CRM 3.0? What needs to be done to make it work? ...

1.2 > 3.0 moving physical locations
Hi, I was wondering what is the best way to upgrade from v1.2 to v3.0 if one was moving the location of the app and the databases.. I am thinking, run CRM 1.2 and 3.0 in parallel and export and import the data by hand.. now although is going to take some time (not that long only 3000ish records) but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas? in short, the app is moving and so are the databases, to a new machine on the same domain.. how can i preserve my data.. regards chris How about using the Redeployment tools and processes for 1.2 to move that to your new db box and make sure ...

SP4 Apply Issue - GP 9.0
While applying SP4 on GP 9.0, we keep getting the following error “ File Not Found …\SQL\Upgrade\949\9.0280\Driver.ini” No errors during executing MSP. We get this error when we launch GP Utilities and accept the new code prompt. We checked the folder and it does not exist. Any help is appreciated. Thanks I have had this in the past and to get around it, remove those lines referring to that module "949" from the .set file that is launching utilities. You should be able to continue with the upgrade. If it's not a module you use or ever will use there shoul...

VBA #8
I received an answer to my yesterday query which included using a VBA procedure. I have NO idea what a VBA procedure is. Please explain. FL Kulchar 1. You seem to assume we all know what question you posted and why you received an answer using VBA. Post a follow up in the same thread so anyone can see what went on before. You could at least (assuming you have access to the internet) do www.google.com search, go to microsoft.com and type in VBA procedure in the search box here's a link that might be of some use http://www.excel-vba.com/ Regards, Peo Sjoblom "FLKULCHAR&...

Upgrade Ex 5.5 to 2000/2003
I have bad experience upgrading my Exchange 5.5 (on NT 4.0) to Exchange 2000. I had a 2nd server (PDC) running W2K server but the Exchange 2000 server on that machine always failed to start (something about resolving the name even though the server name is registered with DNS server) Now I am considering to move straight to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. I am thinking of upgrading my current PDC to Win 2003 then install Exchange 2003 on it.After that I will upgrade NT4 server to 2003, move the mailboxes to the other Exchange 2003 server (PDC), then upgrade my Exchange 5.5 to 2003. My qu...

=?Utf-8?Q?Recupera=C3=A7=C3=A3o_de_ficheiros?=
Gostaria de saber se posso recuperar um documento que foi apagado por ...

VC++6.0 Memory reference error
Hi I am developing n activeX control in VC++ 6.0 using MAPI , 50% of the times when I execute my application using ActiveX Test Container (or sample VB project) I get a memory reference error , however other 50% of times it runs just fine. I am really not sure what is the reason of this error message. Why this error occours half the time and why the application runs fine the rest of the time. Error details are as follows : Error : "The instruction "<hexadecimal number>" referenced memory at "<hexadecimal number>". The memory could not be "read&quo...

IE 8 File > Send > Link by Email does not open Outlook 2007 messag
When I try to e-mail a link in IE 8 using the "File > Send > Link by Email " menu option, nothing happens. The Outlook 2007 message window will not open automatically as it should. Thanks in advance for your help. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Assuming Win7... You must set OL as your default for Mail in the CUSTOM (<=important!) section of http://win...

Upgrades
On my home G4, I have a reqistered copy of Office 98 which I have up graded to Mac Office for OSX. I just purchased a Power Book and want to install Office, OSX to use when I travel. The upgrade wants the old copy of Office 98 to be installed on the machine that is being upgraded. I don't have OS9 on my laptop nor do I want it. What options do I have? I believe all you need is to the have the office 98 CD and you can point the installer at the CD to get it to install the upgrade. I think that's how I installed office X upgrade on my ibook since I didn't have Office 98 installe...

Upgrade Outlook 2000 in Office 2000?
I just installed Outlook 2000. Because I have only Office 2000, I'm assuming I can't install a newer version of Outlook. Is that correct?~Fuchsia -- FEast "FEast" <FEast.5ba378d@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:FEast.5ba378d@outlookbanter.com... > > I just installed Outlook 2000. Because I have only Office 2000, I'm > assuming I can't install a newer version of Outlook. Is that > correct? You can install any version of Outlook for which you have purchased a license. There are no free upgrades from Outlook 2000 ...

Upgrade questions
For some reason I am a little spooked about the upgrade to 2.0 from 1.3 x. I wonder if I may ask some questions: 1) Data loss- Had a guy who upgraded from 1.2 who lost all his purchase history- that is not good. Does this happen with 1.3 or is it only a upgrade problem? 2) In the past I would just unistall the old version and then install the new and then connect with the Admin.. do I need to go to admin and upgrade? How does that work? Any white papers or step by step that you could send me would be great. 4) Does QS Import work? I have had some say yes and others say no. 5) How ...

How to replace CRM 1.2 with CRM 3.0
We have an existing installation of CRM 1.2 that is working, but was never really configured to our liking. Things were done a bit haphazardly, and we'd like to correct that by using all the new capabilities of 3.0. We'd like to switch to a properly configured CRM 3.0, while migrating over our existing data from 1.2. Ideally, we'd like to keep the current 1.2 running somewhere as an emergency backup in case 3.0 does not work. I'm not sure if we are following the correct steps though, so I could use some advice. I thought we would apporach it this way: 1. Install 3.0 on a ...

When is 0
I've got the following routine. It gets called with rgb1 = RGB(0, 0, 255) and rgb2 = RGB(0, 0, 0). void MyRoutine(HDC hDC, RECT *prc, COLORREF rgb1, COLORREF rgb2) { int i, nSteps; int nRed, nGrn, nBlu; float fRedStep, fGrnStep, fBluStep; HPEN hPen, hOldPen; // Get number of steps nSteps = prc->right - prc->left; // Exit if nothing to do if (nSteps < 1) return; // Extract starting color elements nRed = (rgb1 & 0xff); nGrn = ((rgb1 >> 8) & 0xff); nBlu = ((rgb1 >> 16) & 0xff); // Get amount of change per step fRedStep = (float)((rgb2 &...

Circular Reference will not solve #VALUE! or #DIV/0!
The following will not solve (or start to solve?): H4=I4+J4+K4 I4=60.73 J4=constant/(constant*M4) L4=(I4+constant)/2 M4=function(L4) I get this error on cells H4, J4, L4, and M4: #VALUE! Sometimes J4 gets a #DIV/0! error. I know this converges, as other programs using these formulae will converge. Does excel assume 0 for inital guess? -this would explain the #DIV/0 error. Is it posible to assign an initial guess for the cells in question? Iteration is enabled with 100 maximum iterations, and 0.1 maximum change. I appreciate any help on this! Peter J4 will return a #DIV/0 error if M...

Upgrade from 4.0 Workgroup action pack to Professional MSDN?
Hi, We are currently beginning a trial of CRM 4.0 in-house as a product to sell to our customers with integration with our VoIP products. The 5 license limit on Workgroup with the Action Pack is to low however, so we will be looking to purchase an MSDN Premium subscription which I understand comes with 10 licenses (We only need 7 so this is fine) My question is, if we begin developing on our Action Pack Workgroup Server, can we just upgrade to the MSDN key when received?? Or will we need to do a complete reinstall? Would be grateful if anyone has an answer on this. Thanks when you i...

Multilanguage support in CE 5.0
Dear All, I need such languages support in windows CE 5.0: Persian,Burmese,Tagalog,Maltese But I got no these Locales in CE 5.0's Locale setting page. Is there any multilanguage support package from MS? Thanks. Miles Wang What comes with Platform Builder is what is available; there is no add-on to get more languages. I suppose that you could add your own support, but I wouldn't expect fun... Paul T. "Miles Wang" wrote: > Dear All, > > I need such languages support in windows CE 5.0: > > Persian,Burmese,Tagalog,Maltese...

CRM 4.0 Client Freezes Installed on Terminal Servers...How?
Hello All, Running W2k3, SP2 and Citrix. Installed the 4.0 Client. All seems like it is correct. The Cofigure dialogue shows up in the tite bar for all users. The wizard runs easily and quickly. THe Problem is that it does not run. Or it runs once or twice and then begins to freeze Outlook. IT always freezes at the same point, it loads the CRM Tool Bar and then sits with the Initializing Outlook Interface... Has anyone had success or some pointers in making this work? Thanks ...

Business Portal 4.0 Problems with SharePoint 3.0 (WSS 3.0)
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here who has experience in Business Portal could help me out here. I have Installed Business Portal 4.0 on our SharePoint Services (WSS 3.0) and it seems to be running fine. But when I try to remove a user from the Business Portal list, I get this error: System.Exception: soap:Server Server was unable to process request --> The subscriber type in the subscription is invalid. PublisherAssemblyName: Microsoft.BusinessFramework PublisherClass: Microsoft.BusinessFramework.User PublisherEvent: Deleting SubscriberAssemblyName: Microsoft.Dynamics.R...