8.0 Upgrade

We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next week
we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they had
with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to ensure
all the bases are covered.

Thanks,

Zach Morgan
zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com
0
ZachMorgan (47)

What are you upgrading from?

"Zach Morgan" <ZachMorgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next
> week
> we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they
> had
> with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to
> ensure
> all the bases are covered.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zach Morgan
> zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com

0
callen1071 (408)
6/17/2005 3:59:49 AM
Hi Zach-

We recently upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 and it went much smoother than past
upgrades. We mainly focused on customized reports including Smartlists. Our
consultant was even able to find a tool to upgrade our Smartlists. All of our
customized reports and smartlists all came across without a hitch.

The only problem we ran into was related to the re-write of a customization
added onto EFT for Payables. Our consultants had a hard time getting that to
work properly because a lot of the tables had changed. So I guess my
recommendation would be that if you have any customizations, make sure you
test them in your test environment.

One other thing, with FRx 6.7, we had a problem where some of our column
formats had blank columns in between calculated columns. FRx stopped at the
first blank column and did not print any columns beyond the first blank
column. We had to modify all our column formats to read "Fill" in our
previously blank columns.

"Zach Morgan" wrote:

> We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next week
> we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they had
> with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to ensure
> all the bases are covered.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zach Morgan
> zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com
0
JackieC (21)
6/17/2005 5:33:06 PM
Thanks Jackie

Do you know the name of the Utility to upgrade customized reports and
Smarlist?  We have quite a few, and it would definately be beneficial for me
to look at it.

Thanks for your response.

"JackieC" wrote:

> Hi Zach-
>
> We recently upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 and it went much smoother than past
> upgrades. We mainly focused on customized reports including Smartlists. Our
> consultant was even able to find a tool to upgrade our Smartlists. All of our
> customized reports and smartlists all came across without a hitch.
>
> The only problem we ran into was related to the re-write of a customization
> added onto EFT for Payables. Our consultants had a hard time getting that to
> work properly because a lot of the tables had changed. So I guess my
> recommendation would be that if you have any customizations, make sure you
> test them in your test environment.
>
> One other thing, with FRx 6.7, we had a problem where some of our column
> formats had blank columns in between calculated columns. FRx stopped at the
> first blank column and did not print any columns beyond the first blank
> column. We had to modify all our column formats to read "Fill" in our
> previously blank columns.
>
> "Zach Morgan" wrote:
>
> > We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next week
> > we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> > Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they had
> > with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to ensure
> > all the bases are covered.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Zach Morgan
> > zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com
0
ZachMorgan (47)
6/20/2005 12:36:04 PM
Chales, We are upgrading from 7.0 to 8.0.

Thanks

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> What are you upgrading from?
>
> "Zach Morgan" <ZachMorgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are going to be performing an upgrade to 8.0 in the next month.  Next
> > week
> > we will be doing a test migration and have 3+ weeks scheduled for testing.
> > Does anyone have any documentation of things to consider or issues they
> > had
> > with the upgrade.  Anything would be helpful, as I am just trying to
> > ensure
> > all the bases are covered.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Zach Morgan
> > zachary.morgan@cbs.fiserv.com

0
ZachMorgan (47)
6/20/2005 12:36:12 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_71003CE8

Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups!  Also thank you to Charles and
Jackie for responding to Newsgroups!

The main peice of information and documentation I would recommend to view
is at the following link - it includes all the pre and post update steps,
known issues etc for the update to Great Plains 8.0:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/Hot
_Topic_Updating_GreatPlains80.htm

I am not sure of the tool that Jackie referenced.  Smartlist favorities
will update automatically with the update to Great Plains 8.0.  It should
not require a specific tool?   I want to make sure you are referring to the
Smartlist favorites or you speaking of updating somethign more customized?

Thank you,

Melissa Amundson
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_71003CE8

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups!  Also thank you to Charles and Jackie for responding to Newsgroups!
\par
\par The main peice of information and documentation I would recommend to view is at the following link - it includes all the pre and post update steps, known issues etc for the update to Great Plains 8.0:
\par
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/Hot_Topic_Updating_GreatPlains80.htm
\par
\par I am not sure of the tool that Jackie referenced.  Smartlist favorities will update automatically with the update to Great Plains 8.0.  It should not require a specific tool?   I want to make sure you are referring to the Smartlist favorites or you speaking of updating somethign more customized?
\par
\par Thank you,
\par
\par Melissa Amundson
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.
\par
\par
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_71003CE8--

SP1 Update (12.1.0)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when i try install the update i get: You cannot install Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. tried holding shift upon log in (to disable the id db daemon?) - still same problem von <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/not_found.html> I'm sorry if this is brief, but this has been answered and discussed multiple times on this forum. -- Diane no problem - thanks. ...

RMS 1.3 vs. 2.0
We are currently running RMS 1.3. We have access to the 2.0 SW version, but haven't been able to see a good comparison between 1.3 and 2.0. What does it deliver in addition to 1.3? What are the reasons people upgrade for? For 2.0 You do not need dongle anymore. It has 4GB DB Better feature for matrix item Better discount feature for discount items You can Mix and match by unit price and Mix and match : percent off and It has all the hotfixes. You should log in to customer source for more info. -- "sabribo" <sabribo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

SP1A on version 8.0
I just installed sp1a on version 8.0 The problem is the users that do not have admin rights get a message you do not have rights to run this application. They are set up as power users and all was well before the service pack upgrade. Would like to keep these user out of the admin group ...

Upgrading Visual C++ 6.0 Project to C++.Net gives ATL errors #2
I am in the middle of upgrading a C++ project to .NET. It was earlier written in C++ 6.0. My assumption was simply opening the project to be ..Net studio environment and using the mfc 7.0 librararies would do the trick. But unfortunately I am getting a bunch of ATL Linker errors when I try to compile this project in .NET. While I don't use ATL librararies , I am not really sure what could have gone wrong with the the upgrade.. Can anyone put some light on the steps involved in the upgrade ? As usual Microsoft has provided very little information on this topic. ...

Downgrading to 1.0
I ran the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2 but ran into several issues (the main one was that we could not access the system). I have restored my server to its original state prior to the upgrade and I have restored the 1.0 databases from backup (we'll lose about 24 hours of data). I can get into the system and see all of the data but I am getting scripting errors with regard to the calendar. Errors are: ORG_DATE_START_DAY is undefined, ORG_DATE_FORMAT is undefined. I basically get these errors when trying to do anything. The calendar button no longer works and when I attempt to manually input a da...

Bill Frequency of 8 Weeks
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4E2BF.8F7AB0F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there any workaround for setting up a bill payment frequency of 8 = weeks? I have a subscription that I am billed for every 8 weeks. = Selecting the option of "Every Other Month" does not work for me, as = that is not truely 8 weeks. Thanks, The Merg --=20 Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4E2BF.8F7AB0F0 Conten...

Error Message #8
When responding to a email that has been received, word will give notice that and error has occured and to I want it to send an error report or not and then shuts down word without saving. This happens several times a day and I can not find anything within the knowledge base as to what may be causing this and how to fix it. I have done all available updates thinking that might correct it but it did not. Please help! ...

IE 8 setup prompts?
Hi, I'm rolling out a few new computers to my staff and have noticed an annoying issue with IE 8. The first time a user logs into a computer and launches IE they are confronted by a welcome screen which makes them go through a wizard and select a number of settings. Most of my users are not very literate when it comes to computers and they don't understand these questions, heck, I don't even know what they mean really. Isn't it possible to have a default IE configuration that everyone gets so the users don't have to be bothered with these questions? If ...

Public folder replication #8
Hello friends: As our exchange 5.5 pub.edb file was taking up almost all the hard drive space, we asked our main office to stop replicating their public folders to our server, even after they stopped replicating the size of the pub.edb hasn't gone down. Is there an utlity that will delete the whitespace in the database file? please advise. Thanks. Hello, an offline defrag might help... See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192185 for more information on how to accomplish this. Greetings, Henning Krause ========================== Visit my website: http://www.inf...

Exporting money 8 to money 7
Hi, As the old treasurer I used Money version 8 for our tennis club accounts. The new treasurer has 7 on Money99 SE. I sent him my money file and he got the message "file corrupted", yet I opened the same file from the email and it was ok. I then tried the EXPORT, loose QIF .. but it was only 1 kb. Is that correct? exporting from Money 2000 v8 to Money99 v7 >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >As the old treasurer I used Money version 8 for our tennis >club accounts. The new treasurer has 7 on Money99 SE. I >sent him my money file and he got the message "...

upgrade from OE to Outlook 2003
Hi, how can i migrate my OE address book's sub folders to outlook 2003?? thanks You can't. Only the main Contacts Folder can be imported. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lynn" <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote in message news:O%23OLmVzkEHA.3356@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > how can i migrate my OE address book's sub folders to outlook 2003?? > thanks > > ...

If Qty = 0...
In my report I have a Quantity, UnitPrice, and NetAmount. Is there a way I can have it formatted to something like this.. If Quantity = 0, the NetAmount = UnitPrice ? Also, I have a Descriptions field, is there a way I can have the Quantity, Unitprice, and Netamount BLANK if there is nothing entered in them? So it dosent look like this.. Qty. Desc. UP NA 0 Example 0 $0.00 i want it to look like this... Qty. Desc. UP NA Example thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com st...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have an sbs 2003 server and we want to change everything to the new sever we bought which is running standard 2003 r2. We only use our server as a file and print. So all we need to to be bale to transfer the users etc and have them logon with no issues ie changing profiles etc. Can this be done? Thanx PS, really dont want to get involved with transition packs etc. -- jonoharper ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonoharper's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171848.htm View this...

Version 10 Upgrade
In preparation for an upgrade from version 9 to version 10, I've installed a test server with a copy of SQL 2005, GP 9, Service Pack 4. The upgrade failed. In researching the failure I found a reference to a previous version with a product ID I don't recognize. select * from du000020 order by prodid returns companyID PRODID versionMajor versionMinor -32767 2346 7 50 2 2346 7 50 4 2346 7 50 0 3104 8 0 What is companyID -32767 and what is prodid 2346? CompanyID 2 ...

Why Upgrade from MS Money 2003 to 2005?
I just upgraded and recently noticed with my transactions in comparison to MS Money 2000 which is much better and worked with all my SB Office Business tools 2000. MS Money 2003 SB Edition destroyed all links to MS Business Tools and also does not pick up all my financial transactions data so I would have to keep a paper copy anyway or go online to find the transaction to fill in the data. MS Money 2003 does not work properly with VersaCheck QuickPass 2004. TaxCut 2004 works great with MS Money 2003. You are pushing to upgrade MS Money 2005 and I read some of the support issues. In...

IE 8 not responding
I have a month old Dell Laptop with Windows 7 and can't get support online for this. Happens quite a bit. Anyone out there have the same problem and a solution? Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-Internet-Explorer Is it a Windows 7 64-bit computer? 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 ...

download upgrades?
Where do I get a downloadable upgrade from excel 97 to excel 2003? You can't download it. You must purchase the Upgrade version of Excel 2003. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Cmm" <Cmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0CD7A4F-BEA3-4D32-B513-3BA6B0B0C5FE@microsoft.com... > Where do I get a downloadable upgrade from excel 97 to excel > 2003? ...

Missing 0's
I have a worksheet i need to save as a .csv. One of the columns in it contains zip codes, and some of the zip codes begin with zero. Evry time i use this file, the leading zero disappears. I have tried formatting as text, custom formatting, saving as a .csv, then modifying the cells in question, and saving again as a .csv. Each time, the lead zero is gone. Oddly, if i open the .csv file in notepad, the zero is there! But when I open it in excel - gone! I have even tried turning on the Precision as displayed option with no luck. Any help would help. Andy Rename the file to txt, then...

sample data for CRM 4.0?
I read in the CRM 4.0 implementation guide (yeah, I am reading it!) that CRM 4.0 sample data was supposedly available for download... has anyone located the link for this? The resource center isn't coming up with anything. Thanks! Nick -- Nick Doelman www.readybms.com The sample data will be released soon (for English) and other languages will follow in due course. Philip Richardson [MSFT] "Nick Doelman" wrote: > I read in the CRM 4.0 implementation guide (yeah, I am reading it!) that CRM > 4.0 sample data was supposedly available for download... has anyone loca...

GP 10.0 home page Runtime Error
Hello: This client was getting the "The specified module could not be found error", upon logging into GP 10.0 for the first time after a new install. I remedied this home page issue, by registering the msxml2.dll file in C:\WINNT\System32. Finally, this got the home page to at least appear. But, now we get this Runtime Error that says "Class not registered". We have installed the XML Parser and the Office 2003 Web Components and have registered the msxml3.dll file. No success. Any ideas? Security is ridiculously tight a this client. Would it do any good to mes...

Need to obtain sum of last X entries that are greater than 0
Extreme thanks in advance... A1=20 A2=40 A3=10 A4=50 A5=0 A6=80 A7=0 A8=0 In the above example column, assuming that the last four >0 are needed, the result would be A2+A3+A4+A6. If A7 is updated to something >0, the result would be A3+A4+A6+A7. Hi! What if there aren't 4 values to sum? Entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER: =SUM(A100:INDEX(A1:A100,LARGE(IF(A1:A100>0,ROW(A1:A100)),4))) Use a big enough range to allow for added data. You can't use the entire column, though. Biff "Blue 58" <Blue58@set.hut> wrote in message news...

Linking VS6.0 DLL to .Net 2003
Please help me with this.. I have a DLL created in Visual C++ 6.0 ( VS 6.0 ). I am trying to use this DLL in a new wrapper application written using Visual Studio .net 2003 (C++ - MFC). My DLL has many methods which uses CString as arguements and return values. At first, I got a Link error as error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl CTestCommon::SetName(class ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC_DLL<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > >)" (__imp_?SetName@CTestCommon@@SAXV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC_DLL@DV?...

Error de instalacion en Microsoft CRM 3.0
Cerca del final, me sale esto: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_LocalTimeToUTC'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_UTCToLocalTime'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_RptBracket'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindUserGuid'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindBusinessGuid'. lo que hice fue crear las funciones en las 2 bases de datos que el programa crea, solo para q las encontrata, despues de hacerlo le di retry y termino la instalacion bien. imagi...

product key #8
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've three copies of Office:mac 2004, on for my wife, my son, and myself. I'm trying to load office onto a new laptop before I send it off to replace one which blew up. I'd like to know what the product keys of the two that I have in hand are, but MS seems to be coy about letting one know that, until one try's to run two machines that have the same product key running on them. Is there any non-trial-and-error way to figure out which copy one's running on a given machine? On 5/2/09 4:23 PM, "akr...

New license key for upgrades from 3.0 to 4.0
Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0. My current 3.0 license is not being accepted! Thanks in advance, ~Maria Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads. The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5CAE82E-A779-4FFD-9D72-3E0E02D3580C@microsoft.com... Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted d...